Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Completely Neutral Experience With Doctor Monegal  (Read 2425 times)

PastPatient

• Visitor
My Completely Neutral Experience With Doctor Monegal
« on: September 02, 2017, 02:13:53 AM »

Hello everyone

In light of recent events I want to share my experience with Doctor Monegal. I was 159 cm before and after 2 LLs I am now 175 cm (guy btw). I'd like to share my experi ce with him although short but I feel need to shed light because he has been getting a lot of bad press

I arrived in Barcelona early spring 2013. Monegal had given me the address to the clinic so after unpacking at a hotel i hopped into a taxi and went there. There I was met with dr Monegal. He seemed friendly. We talked about options and I relayed my intention on femoral LL. He then told me about the financial variants and it came up to about 20-30 thousand euros. I was shocked as this was very expensive and I was at that time working as a janitor in Sweden lucky to have obtained a refugee permit. So I declined and said goodbye. But I would meet him again in the future after speaking with other European doctors....

Will continue soon

PastPatient

• Visitor
Re: My Completely Neutral Experience With Doctor Monegal
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2017, 06:01:11 AM »

My experience so far has been good ? Should I write about it as a whole or pertaining Monegal only?

PastPatient

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2017, 06:02:12 AM »

Anyone happen to know how to remove numbers after lengthening?

PastPatient

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2017, 06:02:42 AM »

*numbness

PastPatient

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2017, 06:04:10 AM »

How do I remove posts? I want to combine them to one. Sorry Im not experienced

Alfredo

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2017, 08:12:00 AM »

How are you now? When was your first surgery?

Cinderella

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2017, 09:17:09 AM »

Hello everyone

In light of recent events I want to share my experience with Doctor Monegal. I was 159 cm before and after 2 LLs I am now 175 cm (guy btw). I'd like to share my experi ce with him although short but I feel need to shed light because he has been getting a lot of bad press

I arrived in Barcelona early spring 2013. Monegal had given me the address to the clinic so after unpacking at a hotel i hopped into a taxi and went there. There I was met with dr Monegal. He seemed friendly. We talked about options and I relayed my intention on femoral LL. He then told me about the financial variants and it came up to about 20-30 thousand euros. I was shocked as this was very expensive and I was at that time working as a janitor in Sweden lucky to have obtained a refugee permit. So I declined and said goodbye. But I would meet him again in the future after speaking with other European doctors....

Will continue soon

Hello Pastpatient
I spoke with former Monegal patients and nobody knows you. I would suggest if you could post your x rays as a proof of being a genuine patient.
All that story about the refugee, numbness and so on...sounds like more drama coming. There are some shadows in your story but it would be good to see some proof.
By the way I am a PT so feel free to pm me if you have questions.

I am sorry to step in. If you are real well done. 159 to 175 is a massive lengthening and a slight numbness could be normal after torturing your sciatic nerve. So congratulations.

* to the moderators I would suggest to filter new diaries by asking to proof they are genuine stories and real. I can proof mine. Thank you

Body Builder

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2017, 12:02:24 PM »

These topics about Monegal start to become really stupid and boring.
I think that mods should lock them asap.

PastPatient

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2017, 12:28:12 PM »

Hi

I'm fine now but numbbeness still there. I did tibia surgery before femur. And just because I (was) a refugee doesnt mean I'm some Afghan or middle eastern. It's not something I'd mention happily either

As for X-Rays and pics, you should have the maturity to respect the privacy of others, on top of not contradicting yourself when it comes to privacy. I am entitled to post what I want just as you are entitled to your opinion.

BodyBuilder, you spread so much hate on this forum, it's ironic you're asking I should be banned. It goes without saying you are not welcome here

patientprivacy

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2017, 01:03:24 PM »

Hello Pastpatient

What Cinderella suggests is to bring some credibility to your story. Apparently none of Monegal patients is aware of your story. I have a few questions thought:

Where did you have that consultation in 2013? When did you have tibia surgery? And femurs?
How much did you pay for the procedures?

I assume that if you came back for femur surgery you were really happy and thankful to your doctor.

LL is a risky procedure but when it comes to 16 cm...numbness is a very low toll rate. It migth improve with time and proper PT.
Pages: [1]   Go Up