Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Jexus, Tibial LON with Monorails - Dr. Muharrem Inan @ Turkey  (Read 23087 times)

Body Builder

Re: Jexus, Tibial LON with Monorails - Dr. Muharrem Inan @ Turkey
« Reply #31 on: November 07, 2017, 08:46:13 AM »

I already finished lengthening and had the frames removed. Ct-scan seems logic actually. The weird thing here is that they were almost equal on last Xrays three weeks ago and now there is 0.7 mm's between them. I guess it is from the point of view of the X-ray but the left is shorter in both the AP and BILATERAL X-rays.
Then I hope that the difference is less in reality and it is mainly due to the angle of the x ray.
If you do a ct scan and the difference is about 0.8 cm then it is not much but not so few either. Probably it won't cause you any problem but any discrepancy more than 0.5mm should be fixed at least with insoles.

myloginacct

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 03:08:28 PM »

How have you been feeling? You seemed to be regretting things a bit a few posts ago. I'm sure you'll feel better as time goes on, though. Has your mood about height fluctuated a lot, however?

jexus

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 11:52:00 PM »

I’ve started to go to public areas and used the airport twice so far with my new height. I’m really happy with it. Some of my friends visited me and they’ve immediately told me that I looked much taller. Also my friends who knows about the surgery are saying that my new height looks really nice. I feel really good now even though my two major problems continue:
1. I want so badly to smoke
2. I want so badly to workout I gained 10kg and a lot of fat.

1.68-1.69 to 176.5(morning) - 174,5 tibial monorail LON with Dr. Inan. Surgery 10.07.2017/ Fixator remove 12.10.2017/ Walk unaided with casts 19.10.2017/ Walk completely unaided 15.12.2017/ Walk completely normal (Jan-Feb 2018 probably)

KrP1

« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2017, 09:39:24 AM »

You have to do  a telemetry

jexus

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2017, 01:17:31 AM »

You have to do  a telemetry

What is that mate ?
1.68-1.69 to 176.5(morning) - 174,5 tibial monorail LON with Dr. Inan. Surgery 10.07.2017/ Fixator remove 12.10.2017/ Walk unaided with casts 19.10.2017/ Walk completely unaided 15.12.2017/ Walk completely normal (Jan-Feb 2018 probably)

3inchhope

• Visitor
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2017, 08:01:37 PM »

Jexus do you how many other cosmetic limb lengthening cases this doctor has dealt with? What motivated you to pick Dr Muharrem?

I find it strange that there does not seem to be any other diaries for this doctor despite him being listed on this site as offering cosmetic LL since 2014. He does not seem nearly as expensive as some other doctors assuming the prices have not increased much since then. So im curious why we dont see more diaries from people using this doctor?

Could it be just down to the location of turkey being perceived as more dangerous to travel to?

Congrats on your new height though.

Do you know if his email address below is still valid as I saw others mention that they had emailed him without response.

minan@drmuharreminan.com

myloginacct

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2017, 09:21:50 PM »

I’ve started to go to public areas and used the airport twice so far with my new height. I’m really happy with it. Some of my friends visited me and they’ve immediately told me that I looked much taller. Also my friends who knows about the surgery are saying that my new height looks really nice. I feel really good now even though my two major problems continue:
1. I want so badly to smoke
2. I want so badly to workout I gained 10kg and a lot of fat.

How long until you can workout?

jexus

« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2017, 11:19:18 PM »

Jexus do you how many other cosmetic limb lengthening cases this doctor has dealt with? What motivated you to pick Dr Muharrem?

I find it strange that there does not seem to be any other diaries for this doctor despite him being listed on this site as offering cosmetic LL since 2014. He does not seem nearly as expensive as some other doctors assuming the prices have not increased much since then. So im curious why we dont see more diaries from people using this doctor?

Could it be just down to the location of turkey being perceived as more dangerous to travel to?

Congrats on your new height though.

Do you know if his email address below is still valid as I saw others mention that they had emailed him without response.

minan@drmuharreminan.com

Do you how many other cosmetic limb lengthening cases this doctor has dealt with?
I don't know the exact number of cases but I'm sure he has done a lot because every time I go to his clinic I see different lengthening patients. He also does arm lengthening. I'm not sure but another patient wrote in his diary that Dr. Inan had worked with Dr. Paley, if it is right he must be really experienced.

Why I choose him?
He has a really good reputation amongst Turkish doctors. Really famous in Turkey regarding limb lengthening. His clinic is at a really good place and it is 10 minutes to my house. Also, I don't know any other doctors specialized in LL in Turkey and at times I visited him before the surgery to ask about the details I felt comfortable with him.

So I'm curious why we don't see more diaries from people using this doctor?
I think that including me there are 3 tibia and 1 femur lengthening diary of Dr. Inan in this forum.

I don't know, maybe. But I'm sure that it is perceived safer than Vietnam or India. Just like every other town in Istanbul, there are streets like Nişantaşı, Beşiktaş, Levent which are completely safe, luxurious and developed with high-quality shops restaurants and skyscrapers and also there are streets like Bağcılar, Tarlabaşı, Gaziosmanpaşa which are poor and dangerous.

Dr. Inan's clinic is at a great place. You won't have to think about safety or anything if you do the process with him. If his clinic was at one of the lasts I wouldn't go to him either.

minan@drmuharreminan.com
I don't know, probably not valid. But I would suggest you to call his clinic.

jexus

« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2017, 11:23:27 PM »

How long until you can workout?

Today I decided to start working out. I will buy two 8kg's.
Sad thing is I have to lose weight but I can't go on a diet if I want my bones to heal.

myloginacct

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2017, 11:37:02 PM »

Did the doctors previously expressly forbid/advised against you from even lifting light dumbbells in your bed and such? Asking so I can know what to expect in the future.

Thanks for the reply.

jexus

« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2017, 12:04:41 AM »

Did the doctors previously expressly forbid/advised against you from even lifting light dumbbells in your bed and such? Asking so I can know what to expect in the future.

Thanks for the reply.

No mate,
They didn’t say anything about it. I just didn’t do it whether I was feeling tired or scared that it might interfere my recovery. As I feel painless and energetic now I believe I can start.

But the doctors explicitly ordered me to take minimum 5000 calories a day for my bone growth.

myloginacct

« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2017, 12:11:25 AM »

Wow, 5000 is so much. Did you have trouble with that?

jexus

« Reply #43 on: December 07, 2017, 03:00:31 PM »

2 weeks ago I got a new X-ray my bone consolidation is really good but the discrepancy between the legs are same I'm really pissed off about this. There is a 0.7-0.8 cm discrepancy between the gaps but the doctors say that this is impossible to happen and probably a mistake occurs regarding the scale of the X-ray but this is ridiculous. All last 3 X-rays show the same. I don't feel any discrepancy when I walk but when I compare my lower legs it looks like the right one is like 1 cm longer.  I'm really pissed because if this is true my right leg is lengthened like 6,5 cm's and left is like 5,7 and 5,7 is not enough for me.

Btw my final height is 1.75 in the afternoon. I was probably not 1.70 but 1.68,5-1.69.

We don't know if there is a discrepancy but this really makes me really sad and if there is a discrepancy I will feel like it was an unsuccessful surgery even though I'm taller.

InferiorityComplex

« Reply #44 on: December 07, 2017, 04:33:42 PM »

Completely understand - i am 6.2 cm lengthened and been fighting a discrepancy since mid lengthening - it says the same on x ray and ok on telemetry but def feels like 1 leg is longer. Nothing i can do either in regards of consolidation, will have to see what to do. Might be that my muscles are really fatigued - 4 months 2 weeks now and walking is far from 100 %

Body Builder

« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2017, 05:10:17 PM »

No mate,
They didn’t say anything about it. I just didn’t do it whether I was feeling tired or scared that it might interfere my recovery. As I feel painless and energetic now I believe I can start.

But the doctors explicitly ordered me to take minimum 5000 calories a day for my bone growth.
Thats bs.

If you take 5000 calories and not even walk you'll become really fat in a month.
I workout hard and I don't need more than 3000 calories per day to keep my muscles and my 48cm arms in shape.
Bone consolidation and all injuries need quality on food, not 5k calories! If a doctor really advices you to take 5k calories per day for bone consolidation then he must be really an idiot and I'd never trust him to operate on me for anything.
I consumed less than 2.500 calories when I did my tibia LL and I almost had a preconsolidation at 5cm!

Also, 0.8 cm discrepancy most probably won't cause you any problem but it is too much to happen after LL where everything is fully monitored each month.
Discrepancies up to 0.3 cm are normal but 0.8 cm is way too much for a respectable doctor to not fix it before finishing lemgthening.

So dr Inan seems not so professional from what I see. And for the money he wants especially for internal LL (40k+ euros) I can't see why someone would go there for LL.

jexus

« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2017, 11:16:50 PM »

Thats bs.

If you take 5000 calories and not even walk you'll become really fat in a month.
I workout hard and I don't need more than 3000 calories per day to keep my muscles and my 48cm arms in shape.
Bone consolidation and all injuries need quality on food, not 5k calories! If a doctor really advices you to take 5k calories per day for bone consolidation then he must be really an idiot and I'd never trust him to operate on me for anything.
I consumed less than 2.500 calories when I did my tibia LL and I almost had a preconsolidation at 5cm!

Also, 0.8 cm discrepancy most probably won't cause you any problem but it is too much to happen after LL where everything is fully monitored each month.
Discrepancies up to 0.3 cm are normal but 0.8 cm is way too much for a respectable doctor to not fix it before finishing lemgthening.

So dr Inan seems not so professional from what I see. And for the money he wants especially for internal LL (40k+ euros) I can't see why someone would go there for LL.

I have been eating 5000 calories a day since 4-5 months and I'm definitely not fat.

My father is also a respectable doctor and he also advised me to eat 5000 calories a day.

Also, my friend who went on a diet is having a really slow consolidation now.

Also, discrepancies up to 3/5 inches (like 1,5 cm's) are considered normal. I'm worried because If I have a 0,8 discrepancy my total gain will be around 6 cm and I considered 6 cm a bit disappointing. I'm not worried about any walking issues or back pain.

The discrepancy was fixed before the fixator removal.

I don't know about internals but I can say satisfied with tibias with dr. Inan.

I also showed my legs and X-rays to other orthopedists and they couldn't believe I was consolidated this fast and called this an amazing job.

I think he did a great job at Achilles lengthening.

I don't care a lot now.

I'm like 1.75 even 175.5 in the morning and that's okay.

Sweden

« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2017, 01:57:45 AM »

Good for tou, 175cm tall is a decent height.

But I don’t think you know how much 5000kcal really is. You probably didn’t calculate it correctly the last months.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

jexus

« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2017, 02:16:45 AM »

But I don’t think you know how much 5000kcal really is. You probably didn’t calculate it correctly the last months.

No, I do actually.

Average male needs 2500-3000 calories a day.

This is normal. I have two huge gaps. I need to fill them. I even pased 5000 sometimes.

They also told me that a lot of LL patients lose weight and they use calorie supports.

Body Builder

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2017, 09:54:34 AM »

Exactly.
5000 a day and you get obese in a month. If you are doing that for months then either you don't measure it right or you have a health problem otherwise you can't stay not obese with so much calories intake which is completely useless and dangerous for any normal person, even more if he can't even walk normally.
3k calories needs only amateur bbers like me, not the average man. 5k is simply a joke.

Also, every discrepancy more than 0.5 cm needs an insole in the shorter leg to not cause problems and everything more than 1.5-2cm need LL to lengthen the shorter leg.
0.8 cm is not too much but it means that your doctor didn't treat you as professionally as he should because noone should have any discrepancy after LL, even 0.2 cm. LL is used to treat discrepancies, not to cause ones.

The Dreamer

« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2017, 11:57:56 AM »

Also, every discrepancy more than 0.5 cm needs an insole in the shorter leg to not cause problems and everything more than 1.5-2cm need LL to lengthen the shorter leg.
0.8 cm is not too much but it means that your doctor didn't treat you as professionally as he should because noone should have any discrepancy after LL, even 0.2 cm. LL is used to treat discrepancies, not to cause ones.
This is completely true.I'm sorry for your bad case,I hope you will manage to fix it.
Those info should help us to choose better the doctor
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

jexus

« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2017, 12:43:28 AM »

Exactly.
5000 a day and you get obese in a month. If you are doing that for months then either you don't measure it right or you have a health problem otherwise you can't stay not obese with so much calories intake which is completely useless and dangerous for any normal person, even more if he can't even walk normally.
3k calories needs only amateur bbers like me, not the average man. 5k is simply a joke.

I would suggest you do a research.

Most people have 0,5 cm discrepancy.

I had 0,55 discrepancy BEFORE LL and played for years as the striker in the young team of one the best football clubs of Turkey.

Today I measured MY WHOLE TIBIA LENGHT and there was almost no discrepancy. Please stop accusing Dr. Inan because of something that I said.

Also, everything you said to me from the beginning occurred to be wrong, at least for me. You vehemently tell people to avoid Achilles surgery because it is so painful and makes your athletic ability crap, that's why I was so fking afraid of it for months, but it went out perfect for me. Absolutely no pain and my ballerina is completely gone. I'm much much better than my friend who didn't go under ATL.

You also told me not to put weight on my legs in the pm and said "trust me, I know something" but Dr. Inan told me the exact opposite.

I gained like 15 kg in 5 months from the beginning of the surgery.

Today I talked this 5000 calories issue with my father again (he is one of the most reputable doctors of Turkey in his branch) and he also says this is not bullcrap .

I understand the fact that you tell people what you experienced and that's a good thing but by calling a reputable doctor's advise "bullcrap " and accusing him of unprofessionalism you are consulting people wrong given the fact that you are not a doctor and also too young to be a doctor.

There is a big difference between telling your experience and consulting people without being a doctor. This is why this forum is very useful but also can be very dangerous.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 01:04:44 AM by jexus »

InferiorityComplex

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2017, 01:43:59 AM »

Very well put Jexus, due to this diary i have now increased my calorie intake to improve consolidation. I also noticed that in the start when i ate a lot more the X ray simply showed better results than later...when i i was eating/drinking less.

Body Builder

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2017, 02:34:07 AM »

I would suggest you do a research.

Most people have 0,5 cm discrepancy.

I had 0,55 discrepancy BEFORE LL and played for years as the striker in the young team of one the best football clubs of Turkey.

Today I measured MY WHOLE TIBIA LENGHT and there was almost no discrepancy. Please stop accusing Dr. Inan because of something that I said.

Also, everything you said to me from the beginning occurred to be wrong, at least for me. You vehemently tell people to avoid Achilles surgery because it is so painful and makes your athletic ability crap, that's why I was so fking afraid of it for months, but it went out perfect for me. Absolutely no pain and my ballerina is completely gone. I'm much much better than my friend who didn't go under ATL.

You also told me not to put weight on my legs in the pm and said "trust me, I know something" but Dr. Inan told me the exact opposite.

I gained like 15 kg in 5 months from the beginning of the surgery.

Today I talked this 5000 calories issue with my father again (he is one of the most reputable doctors of Turkey in his branch) and he also says this is not bullcrap .

I understand the fact that you tell people what you experienced and that's a good thing but by calling a reputable doctor's advise "bullcrap " and accusing him of unprofessionalism you are consulting people wrong given the fact that you are not a doctor and also too young to be a doctor.

There is a big difference between telling your experience and consulting people without being a doctor. This is why this forum is very useful but also can be very dangerous.
Atl is the biggest mistake for any LLer. Period. You haven't even fully consolidated, how do you know your athletic abilities and you believe that I proved wrong about atl?
Yes you don't have bf but do you know why? Because your tendon is elongated and lost most of its elasticity and tension. Thats why atl is a freaky surgery, because it solves a problem by creating a bigger one. It solves bf by making tendon loose and the push off power weak.
Thats why all respectable doctors in the usa (who are the best in the world in LL) don't even think about atl.
If you think that you know better the consequenses of atl when you have a few months that you did it from me that I had spent 5 years before solving it with another surgery (at shortening one) then I leave it for the other people here to choose who is the right one.
The same about 5k calories intake which is a stupidly insane number even for most of the athletes, not for someone who can't even walk because he is still in rehabilitation.

Finally I haven't understood, you have an 0.8cm discrepancy or not?
Yes many people have an about 0.5 cm discrepancy from their birth but after LL they fix it, they don't let it there and furthermore they don't make it even bigger.
I didn't say that 0.8cm is something huge but after LL with a respectable doctor both feet should be completely equal or have a tiny difference (0.1-2 cm max), 0.8 cm means that the doctor haven't monitored the legs as carefully as he should.

Finally, I said to you to not put much weight because monorails are the worst way to lengthen as they have bad weight bearing capability, so as to avoid pin bending which lead to malunions.
People with Ilizarov can and should walk as much as they can because walking helps in consolidation but Ilizarov is very stable and has great weight bearing abilities.
Monorails are a joke and someone should be very careful and not walk before the bone gap is truly strong.
Thats what I told and thats the reality as I did have monorails too and although the comfort was way better than Ilizarov, they were very prone to pin bending and that lead to my minor right leg malunion which I fixed it too before 6 months.
Thats why I toln everyone to be very careful with monorails and avoid them or have them for not more than 5cm lengthenings.

So no, atl is not a safe surgery (on the opposite it is catastrophic) 5k calories is not normal and would lead to obesity and 0.8 cm discrepancy is not normal too after LL.
Anyone who did research about LL and have common sense knows all these but the repeat is never bad.
I really wish you a good and fast rehabilitation but be careful with your diet and not eat that much because after LL your sport abilities will be much worse so losing weight is not easy. Thats my advice, everyone is free to do what he wants.

Sweden

« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2017, 07:41:08 AM »

ATL is a very bad idea. Your power is gone forever from now on. You will be able to walk and probably run too, but forget about explosivity. Maybe that doesn’t matter for you.

Just please, drop the 5000kcal. You really don’t know how much that really is and there is no point eating that much just bc your body is building bones and healing.

Barely even the worlds strongest man eat that much prior to competitions. These guys weigh in at 130kg or more.

Gaining 15kg is just sloppy as habits when laying in bed. You can do that eating only 2000kcal if you just stay in bed. Lifting some weights for 15 minutes barely counts.

No disrespect, I hope you can post some videos jumping really high and do some explosive movements in a year or two from now.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Knik

« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2017, 09:23:42 AM »

Are you french Jexus ?
Looking for Pili

jexus

« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2017, 10:57:07 AM »

Are you french Jexus ?

I'm Turkish. But I speak Turkish English French German and Spanish.

jexus

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2017, 11:07:50 AM »

Btw, I have to tell that we are probably not talking about the same ATL procedure here.

Dr. Inan used a closed technique and did not intervene much to my Achilles.

So minimal that I have almost no scars.

Check this picture out:
http://hpics.li/2e7d4ca

I remember he said that he did a small procedure to give a 100 degrees angle and didn't give more angle because he needed a bigger procedure to do that (probably what you are talking about). But when I asked him whether this is called ATL he answered this is also an ATL.

If this is not what you're talking about when you say ATL I'm sorry about that.

Body Builder

« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2017, 12:06:25 PM »

Btw, I have to tell that we are probably not talking about the same ATL procedure here.

Dr. Inan used a closed technique and did not intervene much to my Achilles.

So minimal that I have almost no scars.

Check this picture out:
http://hpics.li/2e7d4ca

I remember he said that he did a small procedure to give a 100 degrees angle and didn't give more angle because he needed a bigger procedure to do that (probably what you are talking about). But when I asked him whether this is called ATL he answered this is also an ATL.

If this is not what you're talking about when you say ATL I'm sorry about that.
Thats a percutaneous method with three small cuts.
Yes, this is better than Z plasty but still it is atl and of course you have a difference on power and explosiveness as your tendon is lengthened.
The more degrees the dorsiflexion is increased the more the tendon is weakened.
Do you know how much degrees of dorsiflexion you got after atl? 10 degrees dorsiflexion means an 1cm lengthening of the tendon. If you lengthened up to 1cm you'll probably be close to good. For anything more than things get much worse.

jexus

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2017, 11:42:15 PM »

Thats a percutaneous method with three small cuts.
Yes, this is better than Z plasty but still it is atl and of course you have a difference on power and explosiveness as your tendon is lengthened.
The more degrees the dorsiflexion is increased the more the tendon is weakened.
Do you know how much degrees of dorsiflexion you got after atl? 10 degrees dorsiflexion means an 1cm lengthening of the tendon. If you lengthened up to 1cm you'll probably be close to good. For anything more than things get much worse.

I think I got 10 or maybe just a little more.

Btw it's been 9 weeks since the frame removal and my hips still swing when I walk. It is probably because of my weakened gluteus  medius and gluteus minius muscles. I walk like I have Trendelenburg. Check out these videos (he is not me btw):

I have to work out my gluteus muscles.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 02:06:21 AM by jexus »

InferiorityComplex

« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2017, 09:50:59 AM »

I walk the same, would be lovely to know how long it's going to take until rather normal gait

jexus

« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2017, 02:46:51 PM »

I walk the same, would be lovely to know how long it's going to take until rather normal gait

My friend who did 7cm on his tibias at dr Inan also walks the same. I think it won't take too much if we work out those muscles.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up