Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Jexus, Tibial LON with Monorails - Dr. Muharrem Inan @ Turkey  (Read 23084 times)

jexus

Re: Jexus, Tibial LON with Monorails - Dr. Muharrem Inan @ Turkey
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2017, 08:55:46 PM »

These are my legs before the surgery:

http://hpics.li/fd7a7e6

These are my new X-rays.

I measure it same again a 0.6 - 0.8 discrepancy. But I feel absolutely no discrepancy when I walk and the doctor in Muharrem Inan's crew says it is impossible for me to have a discrepancy. By the way, as you can see in the picture above my left leg used to be 0,55mm longer then the right one and if the following X-rays show it true now my right one is lengthened 0,7 mm more and now they are almost equal.

http://hpics.li/a7c893e

http://hpics.li/2fa6196

http://hpics.li/94214c7

I wonder how much I gained from this surgery. Is it more than 6cm considering the before and after photos?
1.68-1.69 to 176.5(morning) - 174,5 tibial monorail LON with Dr. Inan. Surgery 10.07.2017/ Fixator remove 12.10.2017/ Walk unaided with casts 19.10.2017/ Walk completely unaided 15.12.2017/ Walk completely normal (Jan-Feb 2018 probably)

Body Builder

« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2017, 10:56:07 PM »

You had bow legs before surgery. And taking in mind that you used monorails that can't fix bonus deformities, you still are having bow legs which also makes the added height not exactly the same as the lengthened bone due to tibia not being vertical comoletely to the ground.
Imo you should have used Ilizarov to get taller and fix your bones at the same time (and gain more actual height by doing that).

So your bones are lengthened more than 6cm but the actual height you gained should be about 0.5-0.8 cm less due to your bowed legs.

jexus

« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2017, 11:00:17 PM »

You had bow legs before surgery. And taking in mind that you used monorails that can't fix bonus deformities, you still are having bow legs which also makes the added height not exactly the same as the lengthened bone due to tibia not being vertical comoletely to the ground.
Imo you should have used Ilizarov to get taller and fix your bones at the same time (and gain more actual height by doing that).

So your bones are lengthened more than 6cm but the actual height you gained should be about 0.5-0.8 cm less due to your bowed legs.

Definitely. My legs were very bowed before the surgery.

Dr. Inan said he fixed my bowed legs too and said: "You won't be walking like a football player now on".

I don't know how he did that but they look really straight now.

In my calculation considering that Left was +0,55cm compared to the right.

I'll take left 6,15cm lengthened and right 6,88cm lengthened.

Now my right leg is 0,18cm longer and my I gained 6,33cm (6,88 - 0,55) if we say I don't have bowed legs.

I'll post a picture of my legs too.
1.68-1.69 to 176.5(morning) - 174,5 tibial monorail LON with Dr. Inan. Surgery 10.07.2017/ Fixator remove 12.10.2017/ Walk unaided with casts 19.10.2017/ Walk completely unaided 15.12.2017/ Walk completely normal (Jan-Feb 2018 probably)

3inchhope

• Visitor
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2017, 11:56:38 PM »

Hi Jexus

Im a little unsure of the difference between LON and LON with monorail?

1) Did you ever discuss the risk of intramedullary infection with Dr Inan and do you know if he seen it before in any of his patients? Does monorail LON carry the same risks as non monorail LON?

According to below data, the odds of infection can be high but seems some patient specific contributing factors may vary. My main concern would be if it occurs, how often are they unable to treat it resulting in serious consequences like amputation?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3377147/

"However, the risk of creating a deep intramedullary infection with LON is a universal concern. Infection rates of up to 22% have been reported,6,8,10 so much so that some authors have discontinued this technique and have returned to conventional Ilizarov method.8 Though many published articles show high infection rates, Chaudhary in his 279 and Kocaoglu et al.11 in their 42 LON procedures reported 0% and very low infection rates, respectively. Simpson et al. in their series of LON had three infections, all occurring in patients with limb shortening secondary to open fractures.6 Hence, appropriate patient selection may prevent this complication. Chaudhary concluded that the risk of infection in LON is real, but if meticulous technique of wire placement and other precautions to prevent infection are observed, the rate of this complication in LON can be brought down".

jexus

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2017, 01:56:25 AM »

Hi Jexus

Im a little unsure of the difference between LON and LON with monorail?

1) Did you ever discuss the risk of intramedullary infection with Dr Inan and do you know if he seen it before in any of his patients? Does monorail LON carry the same risks as non monorail LON?

According to below data, the odds of infection can be high but seems some patient specific contributing factors may vary. My main concern would be if it occurs, how often are they unable to treat it resulting in serious consequences like amputation?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3377147/

"However, the risk of creating a deep intramedullary infection with LON is a universal concern. Infection rates of up to 22% have been reported,6,8,10 so much so that some authors have discontinued this technique and have returned to conventional Ilizarov method.8 Though many published articles show high infection rates, Chaudhary in his 279 and Kocaoglu et al.11 in their 42 LON procedures reported 0% and very low infection rates, respectively. Simpson et al. in their series of LON had three infections, all occurring in patients with limb shortening secondary to open fractures.6 Hence, appropriate patient selection may prevent this complication. Chaudhary concluded that the risk of infection in LON is real, but if meticulous technique of wire placement and other precautions to prevent infection are observed, the rate of this complication in LON can be brought down".

Did you ever discuss the risk of intramedullary infection with Dr Inan and do you know if he seen it before in any of his patients?

I didn't discuss specifically "the risk of intramedullary infection" with Dr. Inan but we had a general talk about the risk before the

surgery. He said there haven't occurred any complications that they couldn't have fixed yet. Considering that he uses monorail LON

on almost every tibia lengthening patient and also femur patients who don't want internals he is cool with that.

Does monorail LON carry the same risks as non-monorail LON?

I didn't specifically ask this either but he always prefers LON to pure externals. Probably the risk of the pin site injections changes

but I don't have any knowledge regarding that.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 03:12:46 AM by jexus »

3inchhope

• Visitor
« Reply #67 on: December 19, 2017, 08:26:18 AM »

Thanks Jexus

The issues you have with your hip dropping, had Dr Inan mentioned if he has seen this before? Are you seeing much improvement in dealing with this?

Do you know if the risks of hip drop issues is greater with LON monorail?

Also do you have much knee pain ?

Also can you say how long would someone need the assistance of a nurse?

Im not from Turkey so trying to get an understanding of how time and expense to rent accommodation and to hire a nurse for day to day tasks.

jexus

« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2017, 02:47:55 AM »

Thanks Jexus

The issues you have with your hip dropping, had Dr Inan mentioned if he has seen this before? Are you seeing much improvement in dealing with this?

Im not from Turkey so trying to get an understanding of how time and expense to rent accommodation and to hire a nurse for day to day tasks.

I think this is a really minor issue. I didn't talk about this yet but I'm sure he will say that this is completely normal. Yes I definitely see improvement even though I don't do any exercises (I should). I just walk around the house and I think it gets better just by walking.

In my opinion, considering the videos of LL patients that I watched everyone walks a bit weird in the beginning for example there were videos of Dr. Lee's patients on youtube you can watch them. I will ask this anyways in 2 weeks when I go to check-up at the clinic.

I've had absolutely no knee pain until now.

It changes a lot because for example till 3cm I was walking really easy and then it started to hurt and I couldn't walk. After 5cm it was a real torture for me until the frame removal I had huge ballerina and also my legs were so sensible and hurting. Actually you can handle it %90 of the times alone but especially when you have to do hard things like to travel a long distance or when you to go downstairs it is better to have someone to assist you. Also I know LL patients who fell down and had hard times when they were alone.

myloginacct

« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2017, 06:35:10 PM »

Hey, Jexus, can I ask what was it that made you decide to go ahead with the surgery? What made you think using lifts/elevated shoes just wasn't enough? I truly understand it is a completely personal decision, but I wanted to hear your thoughts on it, if you feel like sharing them. We're basically the same, both in terms of pre-surgery and desired post-LL height.

I've been seriously pondering about whether I really should be putting my savings towards LL. Can't I be happy with just lifts? I never wanted to be too tall, anyway.

Masonm101

• Visitor
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2017, 04:50:23 PM »

Hi brother, I hope you are doing great. I wish you a successful recovery and return to normal life. I would like to do this surgery with Dr. Inan in May hopefully. Could you please tell me how to contact him? I sent him an email and haven't received a response after quite a while.

Tc,

Mason

jexus

« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2017, 05:49:16 PM »

Hey, Jexus, can I ask what was it that made you decide to go ahead with the surgery? What made you think using lifts/elevated shoes just wasn't enough? I truly understand it is a completely personal decision, but I wanted to hear your thoughts on it, if you feel like sharing them. We're basically the same, both in terms of pre-surgery and desired post-LL height.

I've been seriously pondering about whether I really should be putting my savings towards LL. Can't I be happy with just lifts? I never wanted to be too tall, anyway.

My biggest motivation was not my height but my short legs and especially short tibias. Unlike most people I was sure that this surgery was going to make my body look much much better in terms of both proportions and height.

I never liked wearing lifts or elevator shoes. For example, when you go to a girls house you are desperate since you'll have to put your shoes off. You can, of course, be happy with just lifts and also without lifts and your height. But I think if I haven't done this surgery I would still be uncomfortable with my height or lifts.

I haven't had any problem with any girl that I wanted, I've always been the popular kid. Cheated girls with girls. But it always made me feel bad at 168-169. I don't know why I had everything and my height had never been a problem with girls or anything maybe because wearing generally 3 cm heel shoes.

Anyway, today when I'm looking back, I'm really proud of myself. I wanted something I endured the pain the stress the psychology and did it and I'm very happy with it.

jexus

« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2017, 05:52:42 PM »

Hi brother, I hope you are doing great. I wish you a successful recovery and return to normal life. I would like to do this surgery with Dr. Inan in May hopefully. Could you please tell me how to contact him? I sent him an email and haven't received a response after quite a while.

Tc,

Mason

Hey I'm doing really good thank you,

You can call the clinic.
Try the numbers on this website if you like to:

https://drmuharreminan.com/iletisim

jexus

« Reply #73 on: December 25, 2017, 12:34:48 PM »

jeeexusss

Jayjay59cruz

« Reply #74 on: December 25, 2017, 10:49:43 PM »

How are you feeling? Are you able to workout now? Are you able to walk with out wobbling your hips?

jexus

« Reply #75 on: December 26, 2017, 07:41:28 AM »

How are you feeling? Are you able to workout now? Are you able to walk with out wobbling your hips?

I’m feeling great thank you, I’m able to workout both at the gym and at home. My walkin gets better less swinging. After sitting a couple hours or sleeping the first minute of walking is a bit hard I guess the muscles adapt.

Jayjay59cruz

« Reply #76 on: December 27, 2017, 04:58:32 AM »

Glad to hear that brother. I’m hoping to get my surgery by the age of 25 so I got a couple of years to save money. May I ask what your wingspan is ? And how do you feel your proportions look like now are you satisfied? Do you look well proportion it?

jexus

« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2018, 07:19:45 PM »

LAST WORDS OF MINE BEFORE LEAVING THIS FORUM.

EVERY FUTURE LL PATIENT OUT THERE,
I ABSOLUTELY DO NOT RECOMMEND MUHARREM INAN AND HIS TEAM MEMBER OZAN ALI ERDAL FOR ANY TYPE OF LENGHTENING.

I AM A TIBIA LON PATIENT WHO WANTED TO GO FOR 7 CM.

MY LAST X-RAYS WERE SHOWING THAT BOTH LEGS WERE EQUALLY LENGTHENED 6.8 CM.

AFTER THE FRAME REMOVAL, IT BECAME CLEAR THAT, MY LEFT LEG IS LENGTHENED 4.9 CM. YES YOU HEARD IT RIGHT. AND RIGHT IS LENGTHENED 6 CM.

I'M TELLING ABOUT THIS DISCREPANCY FOR LAST 3 MONTHS IN CASE THERE IS SOMETHING TO DO BEFORE THE BONE CONSOLIDATES, MUHARREM INAN NEVER ANSWERS HIS PHONE HE EVEN DOESN'T GIVE PATIENTS HIS PHONE AND HE EVEN NEVER CALLS YOU WHEN YOU CALL THE CLINIC AND SAY IT IS AN EMERGENCY SO THEY GIVE HIS TEAM MEMBER OZAN ALI ERDAL'S PHONE FOR ALL YOUR PROBLEMS. OZAN ALI ERDAL ALSO DO NOT OPEN HIS PHONE. SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE PROCESS ME AND MY FRIEND WHO DID 7 CM, WE ARE COMPLETELY DISSATISFIED WITH THEIR ATTITUDE. MY FRIENDS MOTHER EVEN SHOUTED TO THEM. ANYWAYS, AFTER 3 MONTHS OF DETAINING NOW THEY SAY THAT THE BONE IS CONSOLIDATED AND THERE IS NOTHING TO DO. THEY GAVE ME AN APPOINTMENT AFTER 3 MONTHS TO SEE "IF THERE IS REALLY A 1 CM DISCREPANCY" (WHICH MY LAST 5 X-RAYS SHOW).

THEIR PHYSIOTHERAPIST IS ALSO INCREDIBLY IRRESPONSIBLE. HE CAME INTO ROOM AND SAID ME TO STRECH MY ACHILLES AND LEFT I DIDN'T SEE HIM AGAIN. I HAD BALLERINA.

ADDITIONALLY, I HAD NERVE DAMAGE ON MY LEFT THUMB. MY THUMB LOST ITS DORSIFLEXION.

ANYONE OUT THERE WHO IS THINKING MUHARREM INAN OR HIS CREW, I ABSOLUTELY %100 DO NOT RECOMMEND THEM. DOCTOR INAN IS A GOOD PERSON BUT THEY ARE INCREDIBLY IRRESPONSIBLE AND THEIR BEHAVIOUR SINCE THE BEGINNING IS UNETHICAL AND UNPROFESSIONAL.

ME AND MY FRIEND WHO DID 7 CM WE ARE COMPLETELY DISSATISFIED.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO KNOW NOW. I FEEL TERRIBLE. EVERYTIME I SEE THAT MY RIGHT KNEE IS HIGHER THAN THE LEFT KNEE I FEEL REALLY REALLY TERRIBLE. I HAD ONE CHANCE TO BE AT MY DESIRED HEIGHT AND THEIR TEAM SCREWED IT UP.

Tiger9898

« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2018, 08:05:27 PM »

I am really sorry to hear that you are facing something like this. I hope everything will be good for you. I have one  question,  why don't you go to another doctor to talk about your situation, In turkey I think dr Mehmet kocaoglu and serkan gurcan are really good doctors as far as I know. Allah yardımcın olsun abi
Age-19
Starting height: 162,5-163 cm (5 feet 4 inches)
Goal: 6,5 cm femur lengthening

jexus

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2018, 08:21:07 PM »

I am really sorry to hear that you are facing something like this. I hope everything will be good for you. I have one  question,  why don't you go to another doctor to talk about your situation, In turkey I think dr Mehmet kocaoglu and serkan gurcan are really good doctors as far as I know. Allah yardımcın olsun abi

Çok teşekkürler,

I will go to other doctors as well after my appointment with doctor Inan. I don’t think I have a big trouble with the discrepancy it is 52mm with the femurs between the legs. But it is really unprofessional for a LL doctor to leave the legs with a 1.1 cm difference
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 09:16:52 PM by jexus »

Tiger9898

« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2018, 08:27:46 PM »

Maybe, you have discrepancy because of lon method.  You know when doctor inserts nail after removing frames,you. may lose some height that you earned during lengthening period. Anyway, it is totally muharrem inan's irresponsibility
Age-19
Starting height: 162,5-163 cm (5 feet 4 inches)
Goal: 6,5 cm femur lengthening

Android

« Reply #81 on: January 09, 2018, 08:38:38 PM »

Really sorry to hear about your results, jexus. It's even worse that the clinic is being unresponsive in a time of need.

I know it's frustrating, but I hope that you come back to update us on your situation. We all hope to hear good news in the near future, best of luck.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

jexus

« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2018, 09:06:31 PM »

Really sorry to hear about your results, jexus. It's even worse that the clinic is being unresponsive in a time of need.

I know it's frustrating, but I hope that you come back to update us on your situation. We all hope to hear good news in the near future, best of luck.

I will update immediately after my appointment.

Thank you very much

The Dreamer

« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2018, 09:26:46 PM »

That is very disappointing,1.1 cms of discrepancy are unacceptable for a technique (LL) that is supposed to correct limb's discrepancies
Your doctor and his assistants lack both professionality and skills
I hope you will solve soon this issue,keep us tunned and don't leave the forum
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

jexus

« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2018, 11:09:46 PM »

That is very disappointing,1.1 cms of discrepancy are unacceptable for a technique (LL) that is supposed to correct limb's discrepancies
Your doctor and his assistants lack both professionality and skills
I hope you will solve soon this issue,keep us tunned and don't leave the forum

Definitely mate, I was so angry that I wrote that I’ll quit, I will update you.

Body Builder

« Reply #85 on: January 09, 2018, 11:13:48 PM »

Jexus I've told you before many things like not walk with monorails and avoid atl at all costs and also that 0.5-6 cm discrepancy (which proved bigger) proves that a doctor is irresponsible but you keep supporting your doctor.
Unfortunately I proved right as any doctor who insists on walking with monorails (which are the worst way to lengthen) and doing atl can't be a good doctor.

But don't be disappointed, bones can still be fixed and you can use a monorail to only your shorter foot to lengthen again.
If you still have monorails on your legs force the doctor to rebreak your shorter foot and lengthen it again. It can be done and it is the only solution. Up to 0.5-6cm a discrepancy is controllable but 1+cm is too much to leave it, especially after a cosmetic surgery!

So make the doctor lengthen your bone or sue him. Irrensonsibility should be punished amd doctors should stop play with our lifes. We want to become better after LL, not cripples due to doctors faults.
I am very strict with LL doctors because they've done much mistakes to many of us and that should be stopped!

Keep strong!

jexus

« Reply #86 on: January 09, 2018, 11:21:43 PM »

Jexus I've told you before many things like not walk with monorails and avoid atl at all costs and also that 0.5-6 cm discrepancy (which proved bigger) proves that a doctor is irresponsible but you keep supporting your doctor.
Unfortunately I proved right as any doctor who insists on walking with monorails (which are the worst way to lengthen) and doing atl can't be a good doctor.

But don't be disappointed, bones can still be fixed and you can use a monorail to only your shorter foot to lengthen again.
If you still have monorails on your legs force the doctor to rebreak your shorter foot and lengthen it again. It can be done and it is the only solution. Up to 0.5-6cm a discrepancy is controllable but 1+cm is too much to leave it, especially after a cosmetic surgery!

So make the doctor lengthen your bone or sue him. Irrensonsibility should be punished amd doctors should stop play with our lifes. We want to become better after LL, not cripples due to doctors faults.
I am very strict with LL doctors because they've done much mistakes to many of us and that should be stopped!

Keep strong!

You are completely right. I thought that the X rays were mistaken but they definitely not. I have the intramedullary nail but don’t have the fixator. I don’t know if it is possible to lenghten it 1cm without the fixator with a surgery. I think this risks the union of the bone.

jexus

« Reply #87 on: January 09, 2018, 11:26:01 PM »

Keep strong!

Btw Bodybuilder have you seen this threat on the old forum about the silicone implants. Maybe they can help.

http://www.m a k e m e t a l l e r.org/index.php/topic,3908.120.html

Body Builder

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2018, 11:55:50 AM »

Btw Bodybuilder have you seen this threat on the old forum about the silicone implants. Maybe they can help.

http://www.m a k e m e t a l l e r.org/index.php/topic,3908.120.html
No it won't. They change the way your foot touch the ground and your gait will be altered as you'll always feel that you have something under your feet.
The only easy solution is to wear 1cm insole un your shorter leg and you'll be ok. But personally I wouldn't leave my feet with that discrepancy after LL which is a cosmetic surgery.
1cm is maybe toouch for a direct lengthening but 0.5-6cm can be done without risk of non union so imo when you are completely healed go to a doctor to make you a new cut and lengthen 0.5-6 cm (with nail still inside) to have just minor (and without consequences) discrepancy without having again fixators and all these.
I think it is the best solution for you.
Till then just wear an insole and don't let down.
I've been through a lot with my ex doctor screwing my tendons with atl and having a right tibia malunion and I did a corrective surgery and I am almost fine now, so everything can be fixed as long as our nerves are intact.

Stay strong!

jexus

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2018, 07:10:05 PM »

No it won't. They change the way your foot touch the ground and your gait will be altered as you'll always feel that you have something under your feet.
The only easy solution is to wear 1cm insole un your shorter leg and you'll be ok. But personally I wouldn't leave my feet with that discrepancy after LL which is a cosmetic surgery.
1cm is maybe toouch for a direct lengthening but 0.5-6cm can be done without risk of non union so imo when you are completely healed go to a doctor to make you a new cut and lengthen 0.5-6 cm (with nail still inside) to have just minor (and without consequences) discrepancy without having again fixators and all these.
I think it is the best solution for you.
Till then just wear an insole and don't let down.
I've been through a lot with my ex doctor screwing my tendons with atl and having a right tibia malunion and I did a corrective surgery and I am almost fine now, so everything can be fixed as long as our nerves are intact.

Stay strong!

Thanks man,

I think the same 1 cm may be too much but 0,5-0,7 can be done with a surgery without the fixator I guess. Maybe it’s better to do it right now because the bone is not fully consolidated.

Body Builder

« Reply #90 on: January 11, 2018, 01:06:50 PM »

Thanks man,

I think the same 1 cm may be too much but 0,5-0,7 can be done with a surgery without the fixator I guess. Maybe it’s better to do it right now because the bone is not fully consolidated.
I am not sure if it better to do it right now because it may lead to non union. But doctors now better. For sure up to 0.5cm a bone can lengthen immediately with a cut (and an internal or external fixator to keep it stable) so go for it.

jexus

« Reply #91 on: January 11, 2018, 06:25:59 PM »

I am not sure if it better to do it right now because it may lead to non union. But doctors now better. For sure up to 0.5cm a bone can lengthen immediately with a cut (and an internal or external fixator to keep it stable) so go for it.

I couldn’t understand so you think if I do 0,5 immediately I have to get fixators again or can I do it without them as there is still the intramedullar nail of the LON inside ?

Body Builder

« Reply #92 on: January 11, 2018, 06:45:06 PM »

I couldn’t understand so you think if I do 0,5 immediately I have to get fixators again or can I do it without them as there is still the intramedullar nail of the LON inside ?
The doctor should unlock the nail, rebreak the bone and lengthen it for 0.5cm and lock the nail again.
No external fixator.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up