Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Down

Author Topic: Femoral Lengthening with Dr. Paley  (Read 108967 times)

Movie

Re: Femoral Lengthening with Dr. Paley
« Reply #434 on: September 13, 2019, 07:26:21 PM »

.. 5:18 mile, I got high 5 minutes before the surgery at best, dang lol... make a video bro! pleaseee
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Purushrottam

« Reply #435 on: September 14, 2019, 05:38:43 AM »

.. 5:18 mile, I got high 5 minutes before the surgery at best, dang lol... make a video bro! pleaseee

If that number sounds too good to be true it is...
I was using Runkeeper. Apparently it’s ridiculously off. I measured the distance again properly. My actual time was actually 5:50 minutes/mile pace. It’s better than my pre LL time but I want to sustain that speed for at least a mile...

I got way too excited when I saw 5:18... damn...
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

Purushrottam

« Reply #436 on: September 19, 2019, 03:39:41 AM »

Some bad news. I was down with the flu for the past week so I was not able to train. I don't think I'll meet my goals by Sept 26th. I was trying to get to my pre LL athletic status by my 2 year anniversary.

Dreamer57

« Reply #437 on: September 19, 2019, 06:07:45 AM »

Hello Puru, I'm from India. Can you tell me about your current athletic status? Can you run? Walk? Do normal things? Do you fit into the normal world?

Movie

« Reply #438 on: September 19, 2019, 07:00:06 AM »

If that number sounds too good to be true it is...
I was using Runkeeper. Apparently it’s ridiculously off. I measured the distance again properly. My actual time was actually 5:50 minutes/mile pace. It’s better than my pre LL time but I want to sustain that speed for at least a mile...

I got way too excited when I saw 5:18... damn...

5:50 still very good even if it's just one tenth of a mile
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

Dreamer57

« Reply #439 on: September 24, 2019, 12:26:48 PM »

Hey....Maybe you are busy...Bt I'm very curious at this point and can you pls post your latest  x-ray ????

Purushrottam

« Reply #440 on: September 27, 2019, 01:53:40 AM »

Hey....Maybe you are busy...Bt I'm very curious at this point and can you pls post your latest  x-ray ????

I don't have any more x rays. I didn't ask Dr. Rozbruch to email them to me.

Purushrottam

« Reply #441 on: September 27, 2019, 01:54:35 AM »

Update:

Today is the 2nd anniversary of my limb lengthening surgery. I'm about to go to the gym later to see how fast I can run a mile. I'll post it later. I was sick for the past 2 weeks so was not able to train/reach my goals.

Dreamer57

« Reply #442 on: September 27, 2019, 12:21:07 PM »

Atleast can you tell me about your current athletic status? Can you do all the things like an average person, have you got back to being normal?

Purushrottam

« Reply #443 on: October 02, 2019, 12:56:31 AM »

Update:

I got some running stats.

After lightly jogging at 6 mph for 10 minutes (2.0 incline), my heart rate was about 194 (very high). Pre LL it would have been about 160 -ish. So clearly there is still more work to do.

On the bright side, I ran .5 miles at a 7:16 minutes/mile pace. I don't think I reached that pace even before LL. I'm doing a 5 mile run tomorrow so I'll have stats for that later.

I didn't start seriously training cardio until July so it really wouldn't have taken this long to get to my pre LL stats.

GlassHalfFull

• Visitor
« Reply #444 on: October 02, 2019, 02:46:43 AM »

Great news and congrats on your progress.

I’m sorry if you have already covered this somewhere else, but how do you walk and run now? Normal gait (like pre-LL)?

Movie

« Reply #445 on: October 02, 2019, 03:23:35 AM »

pretty nice Puru! keep going bro
Nails removed 10/06/2021

Dirona

« Reply #446 on: October 12, 2019, 02:04:11 PM »

Hi Puru,

As a dude of Indian ethnicity who happens to be  around 5 foot 6 and living in North America, how hard would it be to be successful in romantic relationships as well as career in leadership roles etc?

It is a tough question to answer but I would like to know your perspective.I have been rejected for dates because of my height.All this crap saying that girls are shallow for rejecting on the basis of height is ludicrous.Height is one of the important traits of human attractiveness.If you do enter the arranged marriage market, it gets multiplied because you cannot impress anyone with your personality.It is a numbers game there if you get what I mean.

All this is fine but I don't have the time to do LL.I might get  money but have  no f..ing time.I just do not know on how to start ACCEPTING this  .Any inputs?
Taking it easy

Purushrottam

« Reply #447 on: November 20, 2019, 01:33:57 AM »

Update:

I can say I've financially recovered from the surgery (meaning I'm financially where I would be if I had never done the surgery in the first place.

I thought that it would be interesting to visualize the financial impact of LL.

https://imgur.com/n0b2ozO

The chart shows my assets (bank accts + investment portfolios) from 2014. You can see a giant spike in May when my $80k loan gets disbursed to my account, and then the drop after the "LL Event", and a period of joblessness.

I added a red line to show how my assets were trending upwards and how my current assets are back to the level they would have been had I never done LL.

Note: The app I'm using for the visualization has buggy data before May 2016. The increase was pretty gradual for the entire duration, even though it shows a huge increase at the point where the red line starts.

The other fluctuations are a result of the stock market going up/down.

----

Heres another link showing the change in my net worth (not fully recovered):

https://imgur.com/xuXU4xW

You can clearly see it tanking when I take the loan and pay for the surgery. Its not clear from the chart, but my net worth is still not at where it was prior to LL ($59k). It is currently at $21k, increasing by about $35k every year.

SimonFuller

« Reply #448 on: November 20, 2019, 08:21:47 AM »

Really interesting analysis.

How old were you when you did the op again?

Is it safe to say this was a decision you are very happy you took?

vonchanzo

• Visitor
« Reply #449 on: November 21, 2019, 03:09:37 AM »

Would you ever go back for your Tibias?

Blairheight

• Visitor
« Reply #450 on: February 24, 2020, 12:39:56 AM »

Hi Puru,

Happy New year - Im wondering about proportions. I work in Finance and wear pants with a shirt tucked in, and wondering if my legs will look really long/small toros after LL. Will it look obvious when tucking in your shirt and wearing fitted clothes? Any thoughts?

FormerKidd

« Reply #451 on: February 24, 2020, 06:24:01 PM »

Hi Puru,

Happy New year - Im wondering about proportions. I work in Finance and wear pants with a shirt tucked in, and wondering if my legs will look really long/small toros after LL. Will it look obvious when tucking in your shirt and wearing fitted clothes? Any thoughts?

Some people have longer legs, some people have shorter legs, there's a lot of natural variance.  I wouldn't worry too much.  The femur/tibia ratio can look off sometimes, but this is mainly an issue when you're wearing little to no clothing (i.e., at the beach).

Purushrottam

« Reply #452 on: March 06, 2020, 05:09:42 AM »

Really interesting analysis.

How old were you when you did the op again?

Is it safe to say this was a decision you are very happy you took?

I was 26. I"m happy I took this decision. I'll explain in the update.

Would you ever go back for your Tibias?

Nope. No need.

Hi Puru,

Happy belated new year! People on the forum really overestimate how it will impact their proportions. It really won't. People have variations in leg length.

Some people have longer legs, some people have shorter legs, there's a lot of natural variance.  I wouldn't worry too much.  The femur/tibia ratio can look off sometimes, but this is mainly an issue when you're wearing little to no clothing (i.e., at the beach).

Precisely.

Update:

Its been 1 year since the rod removal. I've made a full athletic recovery and financial recovery. Through intense training, I'm able to run much faster than what I used to run before. I'm also in a weekly running club where we run 5 miles. I have no trouble keeping up with the other runners.

I've also managed to get my net worth to what it was just prior to starting LL (59k).

So to recap, surgery was on Sept 29 2017. In 2.5 years you can make a full financial and physical recovery (and get rods removed).

Movie

« Reply #453 on: March 06, 2020, 05:27:07 AM »

That's awesome Puru! hope to be there as well with you in the Fully Recovered Hall of Famers ASAP

your diary was actually one that has inspired me and gave me hope that a full recovery is possible, and as every day goes by in my journey to full recovery it seems more and more attainable with good work ethic and drive, so for that I thank, and congratulate you. Cheers LL brother.
Nails removed 10/06/2021

TheAlchemist

« Reply #454 on: March 08, 2020, 10:10:37 PM »

Update:

Its been 1 year since the rod removal. I've made a full athletic recovery and financial recovery. Through intense training, I'm able to run much faster than what I used to run before. I'm also in a weekly running club where we run 5 miles. I have no trouble keeping up with the other runners.

I've also managed to get my net worth to what it was just prior to starting LL (59k).

So to recap, surgery was on Sept 29 2017. In 2.5 years you can make a full financial and physical recovery (and get rods removed).

Wow - A full financial and physical recovery is inspiring Puru. What an amazing outcome. You definitely earned it. I love how you not only covered the physical rehab aspect of this but also the financial/career aspect as well. It's been a joy following your journey and it served as a guiding light during some of the most difficult and darkest times of my journey. You've set the standard through consolidation and rehab post nail removal and I'm going to put in the work to follow in your foot steps in my own recovery! Happy for you! Cheers man!
Dr. Paley Patient: Femurs (Stryde) / 8 CM gained
Surgery: 9/17/19 / Distraction completed: 12/14/19
Start height: 5'9 or 175cm / Endi Height: 6'0 ft or 183 cm
Rod Removal: Dr. Debiparshad 6/16/21
Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64373.0

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #455 on: April 11, 2020, 03:18:35 PM »

Puru is literally my life fuel. Soft dev as well (at least hopefully) and similar stats. Height Neurosis has been hitting me since Pre-K when I was literally 2nd percentile in height and I'm not a dwarf or anything, completely normal, just have short parents. I'm so glad for your success Puru. You are my inspiration, and don't worry this isn't making me want to do LL, I've always wanted to be taller and height neurosis never goes away.
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

184dream

« Reply #456 on: April 17, 2020, 05:12:42 AM »

awesome puru hopfully   you can share with us some inf
sir what was yr initial femoral lenth
how long you can walk without the need to stop and rest like walking with friends and enjoying your life or does muscle get tired super easy
do you have still have stiffness
theortically can you do the tibia

GodsGrace

« Reply #457 on: July 28, 2021, 03:42:54 AM »

Hey Puru,

Great Diary. Completed reading the whole diary for the 3rd time and took notes. My surgery is going to be scheduled soon and I will follow some of your foot steps. Congrats on your height gain, financial recovery, and rod removal. Cheers brotha.
Male: 35 to 40
Old Height: 158 cms, New Height: 168 cms
Lengthened: 9.6 cms (Tibia - 3.9 cms, Femur - 5.7 cms)
Surgeries: Tibia - Jan-18-2022 & Femur -  Feb-03-2022
My Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=67836.0

Purushrottam

« Reply #458 on: August 04, 2021, 04:18:49 AM »

Hey Puru,

Great Diary. Completed reading the whole diary for the 3rd time and took notes. My surgery is going to be scheduled soon and I will follow some of your foot steps. Congrats on your height gain, financial recovery, and rod removal. Cheers brotha.

Thank you! Good luck to you!

On a lighter note, I found an orthopedic surgeon with my username. Lol

https://www.valleychildrens.org/find-a-doctor/profile/purushottam-gholve

Dreamer57

« Reply #459 on: August 04, 2021, 06:57:58 PM »

Hey Puru! It's so great to hear from you! Kind of miss your updates on the forum, you are like an inspiration for me and many others...

How is life? How are you?

Any updates about your fitness? General health?
Anything about your legs?

How does it feel to be of the height that you always wanted to be?

Do you feel like you have gotten to the pre-ll level, like nothing ever happened ???

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15]   Go Up