Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Femoral Lengthening with Dr. Paley  (Read 108934 times)

Purushrottam

Re: Femoral Lengthening with Dr. Paley
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2017, 10:11:37 PM »

All the best buddy, I  wish I could afford paley, he is the best in business but the cost is akin to daylight robbery :)

Thanks for your wishes buddy, sorry I couldn't reply to you sooner. I think the price is worth it, considering that it's not just Paley, but his entire team. You have anesthesiologists, OPTs, nurses,etc. Every one of them was very meticulous and concerned about me.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

Mariobro

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2017, 12:59:28 AM »

Hello Puru. Are you Doing ok?. Please post an update

Flannel

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2017, 08:24:40 PM »

Hi Puru, would you mind telling us the amount that you budgeted for the entire surgery and the breakdown (surgery, PT, hotel, food, months, etc.). Also how was pain level the first few days and how did you get through that. All the best!

Mtall

« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2017, 01:43:26 PM »

I was discharged today at around 4:30 PM I've mostly slept since then because it was really painful.

My update from the last few days:

September 25

I had my preop and pre admission testing schedulesd today. In the morning I realized that I stupidly forgot to book a wheelchair accessible hotel for my stay. I asked my hotel if they had any left for me dates and unfortunately they did not. Luckily their sister property (Homewood Suites) had them for about 90/day, which given the last minute booking was not too bad.

Hey, is 90/day including taxes? And is this the cheapest room available? I know DoingItForMe got a room in Homewood Suites for 70/day + taxes, that's why I'm asking

Mariobro

« Reply #35 on: October 19, 2017, 06:15:22 PM »

Hello Puru. Andy update?. Un planning to do LL next year with Paley and it would be interesting know how the latest Precise 2 is doing.  Hope you are OK

Purushrottam

« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2017, 02:07:40 AM »

Sorry for the late reply. I was off this forum and mostly focused on doing therapy. Update on my next post.

Purushrottam

« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2017, 02:11:06 AM »

I stopped lengthening at 65 mm yesterday. The pain is completely gone. My legs feel like nothing happened except for the loss of flexibility and inability to weight bear. The doctor gave me the go ahead to continue lengthening but I decided to stop because I have reached my goal height (5'9").

I'm going to continue another week of physical therapy and then fly back home.

Purushrottam

« Reply #38 on: December 04, 2017, 02:22:49 AM »

Hey, is 90/day including taxes? And is this the cheapest room available? I know DoingItForMe got a room in Homewood Suites for 70/day + taxes, that's why I'm asking

Yeah including taxes. Not the cheapest. I needed a suite with 2 beds that was handicap accessible because my parents were also staying. Having a living room helped because my parents weee working remotely. Apparently winter is peak season. I also booked on the day of.

Purushrottam

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2017, 02:31:09 AM »

Hi Puru, would you mind telling us the amount that you budgeted for the entire surgery and the breakdown (surgery, PT, hotel, food, months, etc.). Also how was pain level the first few days and how did you get through that. All the best!

$90 x 70 for the hotel.
$1800 x 4 for my loan payments
$600 x 2 for food.

My parents were staying with me so they bought the groceries. I'm going to reimburse their expenses once I get a job.

The surgery itself was $90k

myloginacct

« Reply #40 on: December 04, 2017, 03:58:32 AM »

I stopped lengthening at 65 mm yesterday. The pain is completely gone. My legs feel like nothing happened except for the loss of flexibility and inability to weight bear. The doctor gave me the go ahead to continue lengthening but I decided to stop because I have reached my goal height (5'9").

That's awesome, man. Congratulations! Hope everything keeps going well from now on.

LAGrowin

« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2017, 04:23:30 AM »

Hi Puru,

Been curious to hear of your progress.  Glad to hear you're well.  5'9" is an awesome height,  with shoes,  you're 5'10"+.  Congratulations.  Happy for you.

So you lengthened 65 days?  At 1mm per day?   Seemed so quick.   Now 30 days of consolidating before full weight bear?

Have you been taking any supplements or doing anything other than PT during your lengthening?  Are you happy you did this?    Any words of advice ?   I'm scheduled for  femurs in January 2018, God willing 7.6 CM.

All the best.  Thanks for posting !!

Purushrottam

« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2017, 05:17:10 AM »

That's awesome, man. Congratulations! Hope everything keeps going well from now on.

Thank you!

Hi Puru,

Been curious to hear of your progress.  Glad to hear you're well.  5'9" is an awesome height,  with shoes,  you're 5'10"+.  Congratulations.  Happy for you.

So you lengthened 65 days?  At 1mm per day?   Seemed so quick.   Now 30 days of consolidating before full weight bear?

Have you been taking any supplements or doing anything other than PT during your lengthening?  Are you happy you did this?    Any words of advice ?   I'm scheduled for  femurs in January 2018, God willing 7.6 CM.

All the best.  Thanks for posting !!

I lengthened since Sept 26. I was at 1 mm per day until last weekend. I slowed down to .75 mm per day until yesterday. I have 30 - 60 days of consolidation depending on bone growth.

I've been taking Silical 1, 2, and Boost. Been eating lots of protein and calcium. I was mostly doing the recommended PT. However I did slack a bit which I don't recommend. Muscle tightness can really suck if you don't keep up.

Good luck! Almost everyone who was there was able to get to at least 70 mm. Just be sure to follow all their instructions.

LAGrowin

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2017, 05:58:59 AM »

Thank you!

I lengthened since Sept 26. I was at 1 mm per day until last weekend. I slowed down to .75 mm per day until yesterday. I have 30 - 60 days of consolidation depending on bone growth.

I've been taking Silical 1, 2, and Boost. Been eating lots of protein and calcium. I was mostly doing the recommended PT. However I did slack a bit which I don't recommend. Muscle tightness can really suck if you don't keep up.

Good luck! Almost everyone who was there was able to get to at least 70 mm. Just be sure to follow all their instructions.

Thank you for your response Puru!   Would love to hear from you once you are clear to weight bear.  Sincerely happy that you are almost done.   I as others appreciate your updates.  Anything else you can share with us?

Silical 1 and 2 for bone growth?

Thanks again.

Honore

« Reply #44 on: December 04, 2017, 02:10:00 PM »

Congrats on the LL...does dr Paley himself performed the operation?

Purushrottam

« Reply #45 on: December 05, 2017, 05:34:29 PM »

Thank you for your response Puru!   Would love to hear from you once you are clear to weight bear.  Sincerely happy that you are almost done.   I as others appreciate your updates.  Anything else you can share with us?

Silical 1 and 2 for bone growth?

Thanks again.

No problem! I will definitely update once I'm ready to weight bear. Thanks for your support!

Congrats on the LL...does dr Paley himself performed the operation?

Thanks! Dr. Robbins performed on my left leg and Dr. Paley performed on my right. I didn't really perceive a difference between the legs. Its a team of surgeons, anesthesiologists, assistants, etc.

Purushrottam

« Reply #46 on: December 05, 2017, 05:40:27 PM »

Update:

I went to the doctor for my last X-Ray/visit and to return my Precice controller.

He said everything looked good. I verified that both of my legs lengthened equally (65 mm). They suggested that I send an X-Ray next month and then they can let me know if I am clear to fully weight bear.

They also mentioned that there was a documentary being created about the Paley Institute. They needed cosmetic LL patients who wanted to talk about how their life changed after therapy (positive and negative). The documentary would be aired at primetime. I said that I wanted to remain anonymous so I can't do it.

I am finishing up my last week of therapy. They are teaching me to use crutches up and down the stairs. The stretches are no longer painful. My body is slowly gaining its flexibilty back.

So far, its been a really smooth ride. I'll post my next update probably in a month after my X-ray.

Android

« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2017, 06:31:24 PM »

Update:

I went to the doctor for my last X-Ray/visit and to return my Precice controller.

He said everything looked good. I verified that both of my legs lengthened equally (65 mm). They suggested that I send an X-Ray next month and then they can let me know if I am clear to fully weight bear.

They also mentioned that there was a documentary being created about the Paley Institute. They needed cosmetic LL patients who wanted to talk about how their life changed after therapy (positive and negative). The documentary would be aired at primetime. I said that I wanted to remain anonymous so I can't do it.

I am finishing up my last week of therapy. They are teaching me to use crutches up and down the stairs. The stretches are no longer painful. My body is slowly gaining its flexibilty back.

So far, its been a really smooth ride. I'll post my next update probably in a month after my X-ray.

Congratulations on your journey so far, thanks for sharing your experience!

That's interesting about the documentary, I wonder when and where it'll be aired.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

alps

« Reply #48 on: December 05, 2017, 06:57:30 PM »

Thanks! Dr. Robbins performed on my left leg and Dr. Paley performed on my right. I didn't really perceive a difference between the legs. Its a team of surgeons, anesthesiologists, assistants, etc.

Were you told about this before?

That's a little concerning.

The Dreamer

« Reply #49 on: December 05, 2017, 07:26:46 PM »

Can you post some pics and Xrays ?
Thanks
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

Android

« Reply #50 on: December 07, 2017, 09:24:29 AM »

Just saw your AMA on Reddit, hope you don't mind me linking it here since it's no secret (you linked back to this thread after all).

/u/3inchestaller's thread was an inspiration for me as well. Again, thanks for sharing; it's great to see multiple communities benefit from your experience.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Purushrottam

« Reply #51 on: December 07, 2017, 08:49:09 PM »

Just saw your AMA on Reddit, hope you don't mind me linking it here since it's no secret (you linked back to this thread after all).

/u/3inchestaller's thread was an inspiration for me as well. Again, thanks for sharing; it's great to see multiple communities benefit from your experience.

No problem, Android. I just don't want my identity/name to be revealed. I messaged /u/3inchestaller 3 years ago from that same account and he convinced me to do this in the states. At that time, I was not making anywhere near the money I would need to do this. I didn't even think it was possible for me to do it in the states (affordability wise). I can't believe its finally done. Whew.

Can you post some pics and Xrays ?
Thanks

In interest of privacy, I'd rather not, sorry. To be honest, they don't look that different from Penguinn and DoingItForMe's X-Rays.

Were you told about this before?

That's a little concerning.

I was told that the entire team, including Paley would be doing this. After the surgery you can ask for patient notes. This includes a timeline of how the surgery was performed and if there were any complications. Thankfully there were none for me. It was quite textbook.

Congratulations on your journey so far, thanks for sharing your experience!

That's interesting about the documentary, I wonder when and where it'll be aired.

Thanks for your wishes, Android. I should have asked for more details. I was just too ecstatic from the whole thing being completed to think further.

The Dreamer

« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2017, 09:20:45 PM »

In interest of privacy, I'd rather not, sorry. To be honest, they don't look that different from Penguinn and DoingItForMe's X-Rays.
Can you explain what do you mean by privacy ?
No one can recognize you from pictures of legs and Xrays

myloginacct

« Reply #53 on: December 07, 2017, 10:05:34 PM »

So tibias with Paley is more expensive than femurs, huh? Just got done reading that reddit thread.

Good on you for sharing all the advice. 5'9" is my ideal height as well.

Also, do you plan on sharing with anyone IRL that you did LL? Would you tell a partner?

« Reply #54 on: December 07, 2017, 11:13:47 PM »

Thank you very much! I am 26. I chose Paley because he is the most experienced. I'm actually family friends with Dr. Mangal Parihar (who I believe trained with Paley as well) but since I live/work in the U.S, I thought that it would be more convenient to have it done here in Florida with Paley. Nothing against other doctors

Hei man, thanks for the diary and congrats on your new height. I have a few questions, is it OK if I PM you?

Purushrottam

« Reply #55 on: December 08, 2017, 01:08:51 AM »

Hei man, thanks for the diary and congrats on your new height. I have a few questions, is it OK if I PM you?

Thanks! Feel free to PM me. I don't check my pms often though.

So tibias with Paley is more expensive than femurs, huh? Just got done reading that reddit thread.

Good on you for sharing all the advice. 5'9" is my ideal height as well.

Also, do you plan on sharing with anyone IRL that you did LL? Would you tell a partner?

Yup tibias are more expensive and the limit is 6 cm.

I don't plan on sharing this information with anyone. Only my parents know.

Can you explain what do you mean by privacy ?
No one can recognize you from pictures of legs and Xrays

Sorry dawg I don't feel comfortable sharing x rays.

« Reply #56 on: December 08, 2017, 03:38:49 AM »

Thanks! Feel free to PM me. I don't check my pms often though.

Thanks bro, sent you a PM just now.

Purushrottam

« Reply #57 on: December 08, 2017, 03:42:22 AM »

Thanks bro, sent you a PM just now.

Replied.

« Reply #58 on: December 08, 2017, 04:07:43 AM »

Replied.

Thanks a lot.  Just one more question (in PM), thanks a lot.

MirinHeight

« Reply #59 on: December 08, 2017, 06:46:14 AM »

not to be rude, but it is hard to trust a diary that does not have x rays at the very least.
Nobody could recognize you via x-rays so there should be no privacy concern.

Nonetheless, Good luck on your ll journey
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

The Dreamer

« Reply #60 on: December 08, 2017, 09:59:58 AM »

not to be rude, but it is hard to trust a diary that does not have x rays at the very least.
I completely agree with you

Purushrottam

« Reply #61 on: December 08, 2017, 02:10:36 PM »

Nonetheless, Good luck on your ll journey

Thats not rude at all. You have a very valid concern. I'm afraid people will have to take my word for it. Thanks for your wishes mate.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up