Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Femoral Lengthening with Dr. Paley  (Read 108921 times)

Android

Re: Femoral Lengthening with Dr. Paley
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2018, 06:43:37 AM »

I got a lot of abusive responses on that sub. I made a follow up AMA a month after the original. I just talked about my recovery. People were not happy about it. So I figured that if anyone wanted to ask questions they can ask here.

Yeah, no kidding. I was lurking in that thread and upvoting the good responses, but it's harsh on that sub. Some are genuinely curious about CLL, plenty are supportive even if they won't consider surgery, but the signal to noise ratio favors the anti-CLL crowd. It's not a pleasant place to share your journey unless you have very thick skin.

Unlike celebrity AMAs which have assistants picking and choosing questions for the stars to answer, we're just one person, and there's only so much negativity you can take especially when you're still healing. Last thing you need is a mob ganging up to tell you that you're stupid for making such and such decision.

If I ever share my experience on Reddit, it'll be a long post after consolidation via throwaway account.

Glad you're here, glad you shared.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Purushrottam

« Reply #94 on: January 22, 2018, 02:41:39 AM »

Yeah, no kidding. I was lurking in that thread and upvoting the good responses, but it's harsh on that sub. Some are genuinely curious about CLL, plenty are supportive even if they won't consider surgery, but the signal to noise ratio favors the anti-CLL crowd. It's not a pleasant place to share your journey unless you have very thick skin.

Unlike celebrity AMAs which have assistants picking and choosing questions for the stars to answer, we're just one person, and there's only so much negativity you can take especially when you're still healing. Last thing you need is a mob ganging up to tell you that you're stupid for making such and such decision.

If I ever share my experience on Reddit, it'll be a long post after consolidation via throwaway account.

Glad you're here, glad you shared.

Yeah. That was a forum for people to deal with being short. This is a forum for people who are specifically interested in LL. So I figured that I could just answer questions here instead.

Update:

I no longer need my crutches. My walking is swayed due to weak glute muscles. Now that I am mostly healed bone wise, I'm going to focus my full efforts on regaining my flexibility and strength.

I've been hitting the gym almost every day, but the exercises I do are pretty limited. I want to be able to lift weights and do lunges.

I'm sending another set of X-Rays to Paley on Wednesday to ask whether or not I can lift weights/do lunges at the gym. Currently my workouts consist of just doing chest/shoulder/tricep pulls + exercise bikes.

Once my walking sway goes down, I'll start meeting my old friends. Then I will know if my height increase has been obvious (hopefully not).
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

MirinHeight

« Reply #95 on: January 22, 2018, 04:12:04 AM »

Yeah. That was a forum for people to deal with being short. This is a forum for people who are specifically interested in LL. So I figured that I could just answer questions here instead.

Update:

I no longer need my crutches. My walking is swayed due to weak glute muscles. Now that I am mostly healed bone wise, I'm going to focus my full efforts on regaining my flexibility and strength.

I've been hitting the gym almost every day, but the exercises I do are pretty limited. I want to be able to lift weights and do lunges.

I'm sending another set of X-Rays to Paley on Wednesday to ask whether or not I can lift weights/do lunges at the gym. Currently my workouts consist of just doing chest/shoulder/tricep pulls + exercise bikes.

Once my walking sway goes down, I'll start meeting my old friends. Then I will know if my height increase has been obvious (hopefully not).

congrats on the healthy bone consolidation and wish you a nice recovery man.
can you upload x ray? i think you said you were gnna upload

also, do your proportions look good?
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Purushrottam

« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2018, 03:48:35 AM »

congrats on the healthy bone consolidation and wish you a nice recovery man.
can you upload x ray? i think you said you were gnna upload

also, do your proportions look good?

Hey Mirin,

Thanks! I'm a bit hesitant about uploading any files for privacy reasons. Image file metadata can give me away (even if I use a hosting site like imgur).

Android

« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2018, 05:27:27 AM »

I'm a bit hesitant about uploading any files for privacy reasons. Image file metadata can give me away (even if I use a hosting site like imgur).

How about you sketch your legs for us in Paint?
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Purushrottam

« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2018, 06:08:53 AM »

How about you sketch your legs for us in Paint?

Haha funny :D. I was thinking of uploading a screenshot of my x-rays (it would be a .png file). However the file would still contain metadata about my computer.

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2018, 08:59:05 AM »

Haha funny :D. I was thinking of uploading a screenshot of my x-rays (it would be a .png file). However the file would still contain metadata about my computer.
Then upload it from a library computer haha man i dont think somebody would go to that extend in trying to find out who you are.
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

Purushrottam

« Reply #100 on: January 23, 2018, 10:51:56 AM »

Then upload it from a library computer haha man i dont think somebody would go to that extend in trying to find out who you are.

That's way too much effort. That's what everyone thinks. Then by chance they get famous and then people start digging into their past. I'd rather not take that risk.

MirinHeight

« Reply #101 on: January 23, 2018, 11:52:43 AM »

That's way too much effort. That's what everyone thinks. Then by chance they get famous and then people start digging into their past. I'd rather not take that risk.

many people have anonymously posted x rays and pictures for their diaries
even if you are concerned about metadata, i hope you know that there are many ways you can remove EXIF metadata from photos...

Honore

« Reply #102 on: January 23, 2018, 12:52:49 PM »

So at 26years you already worked 3 years a 100k+ job in sillicon valley and you have concerns about posting an anonymous pic? Sorry, if it sounds rude, but your story sounds almost too good to be true

The Dreamer

« Reply #103 on: January 23, 2018, 04:12:23 PM »

So at 26years you already worked 3 years a 100k+ job in sillicon valley and you have concerns about posting an anonymous pic? Sorry, if it sounds rude, but your story sounds almost too good to be true
C'mon man,how do you dare to ask for some pics ?
This guy started a diary on a LL's forum but he fears that when he will be a superstar,he will be recognized by some xRays and pictures of legs because of CIA and FBI searching in databases
It is 100% logic
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

Purushrottam

« Reply #104 on: January 23, 2018, 05:52:45 PM »

Doesn't sound rude at all. Ask FormerKidd. He's several years ahead in the same profession as I am. It's not that unusual for my college/major. Im actually in the middle of the pack with career progression relative to other people in my program. I'm actually a bit flattered that you think it's too good to be true.

C'mon man,how do you dare to ask for some pics ?
This guy started a diary on a LL's forum but he fears that when he will be a superstar,he will be recognized by some xRays and pictures of legs because of CIA and FBI searching in databases
It is 100% logic

This forum is fairly anonymous. Only the mods have access to my IP address. That's a bit of a risk and I accept that. Uploaded files not so much. I don't think I'll be a superstar but I am aspiring to be a conference speaker for some tech related topics. I'm not going important enough for someone to want to dig through my history. But you never know what can happen 10 years in the future. Why expose yourself unnecessarily?

Android

« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2018, 07:20:27 PM »

I'm not going to demand any photos because I doubt Dr. Paley needs even more publicity, but there are resources out there like this one to effortlessly wipe metadata if you're willing to share. I don't always have it enabled, but I often use VPN as well.

MirinHeight

« Reply #106 on: January 24, 2018, 02:42:28 AM »

@purushrottam, you have yet to respond to me.

you can easily erase EXIF metadata from pics. Since you had a 100k+ job in silicon valley, I'm sure you knew this.

so this will make you completely anonymous.

Purushrottam

« Reply #107 on: January 24, 2018, 03:10:46 AM »

@purushrottam, you have yet to respond to me.

you can easily erase EXIF metadata from pics. Since you had a 100k+ job in silicon valley, I'm sure you knew this.

so this will make you completely anonymous.

Sorry man I forgot to respond. I knew you could erase the data but I was too lazy/ignorant on how until Android pointed it out. I'm sorry though I have decided against posting X-Rays.

MirinHeight

« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2018, 03:53:39 AM »

Sorry man I forgot to respond. I knew you could erase the data but I was too lazy/ignorant on how until Android pointed it out. I'm sorry though I have decided against posting X-Rays.

that makes your diary very fishy man. you say your not gnna post x rays because of metadata and how someone can trace that (very unlikely). Then when i point out you can erase metadata, you say you know how to erase it (very easy) but still won't post x rays.

This is exactly why I do my own research. It's very hard to believe some of the posters on here who make excuses for not providing validity to their diaries.

Purushrottam

« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2018, 04:06:04 AM »

that makes your diary very fishy man. you say your not gnna post x rays because of metadata and how someone can trace that (very unlikely). Then when i point out you can erase metadata, you say you know how to erase it (very easy) but still won't post x rays.

This is exactly why I do my own research. It's very hard to believe some of the posters on here who make excuses for not providing validity to their diaries.

I understand your concern. If you book a consultation with Paley, they will connect you with other people who have had LL done and you can ask them questions. I'm sure Rozbruch and Mahoubiab would do the same. Hope that helps.

Purushrottam

« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2018, 04:31:08 AM »

Heres my left leg xray from 2 weeks ago.

https://imgur.com/5bUFL8a

MirinHeight

« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2018, 06:30:43 AM »

thnx man

blacksheepwall

• Visitor
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2018, 03:39:21 PM »

How are the interviews going for you?

Purushrottam

« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2018, 04:14:55 PM »

thnx man

Np.

How are the interviews going for you?

Not as well as I'd like unfortunately. I overscheduled a bit and exhausted myself. This made me do worse at subsequent interviews. I have decided to give myself a break and not schedule them everyday.

I'm getting lots of interview requests though so lets see.

Android

« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2018, 05:39:04 PM »

Heres my left leg xray from 2 weeks ago.

https://imgur.com/5bUFL8a

Looking good! Thanks for sharing.

Best of luck with the interview process. The constant mix of anticipation, delayed responses, and introductions can get oh so exhausting.

Purushrottam

« Reply #115 on: January 25, 2018, 03:47:00 AM »

Looking good! Thanks for sharing.

Best of luck with the interview process. The constant mix of anticipation, delayed responses, and introductions can get oh so exhausting.

Thanks man. BTW, do you work in Tech? Your username suggests that you do.

blacksheepwall

• Visitor
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2018, 06:40:38 AM »

yea, take it slow. remember, they should want you as much as you want them.

blacksheepwall

• Visitor
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2018, 08:30:36 PM »

Do you feel that your height helps you with confidence in interviews?

Purushrottam

« Reply #118 on: January 26, 2018, 04:30:33 AM »

Do you feel that your height helps you with confidence in interviews?

All my interviews have been on the phone so far. All the in-person interviews I've had in my life have led to offers (this was pre-LL). I always fake confidence during interviews. On my last job, a few months after I started, I casually asked about how my interview went. They said that I came off as really c*ky and confident. Oddly enough, I was pretty nervous during the interview.

Long story short, I have taught myself to subconsciously use confident body language during interviews.

Purushrottam

« Reply #119 on: January 31, 2018, 01:00:44 AM »

Just walked 1/3 miles without crutches. I was swaying like hell towards the end as I was getting tired.

I can go up and down the stairs as well now (with railings).

Flexibility is still pretty bad compared to DoingITForMe's diary. I need to stretch more.

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
PNGs have no metadata
« Reply #120 on: February 08, 2018, 08:25:55 AM »

Puru, you're a programmer, right? I'm surprised you didn't know that PNG files don't have interesting metadata, let alone about your computer. You could even take a screenshot of the X-rays and paste it at https://imgur.com or https://snag.gy, without any metadata possibly being leaked.

(Not sure if the image you posted earlier was of the X-ray; I only saw the link now and the image appears to have been deleted.)

I'm considering going public about my surgery. Yes, it may polarize people, but as our friend Dr. Seuss says, "those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter". I don't care if some randoms on reddit are anti-CLL. I've told all my friends about my intention to have leg extension surgery and 95% were supportive (asked questions, offered to visit etc.) Those who weren't supportive wouldn't be good friends anyway, right? HIPAA protects you from having to tell your boss, but I told my boss anyway and he was supportive too. Re. women - you'll want to tell your gf at some point. If she has a problem with that - huge red flag. So not a reason either.

I'm being anonymous for now by default, and because everyone here has been anonymous. However, it's not clear to me why I wouldn't want to go public. Give me some reasons against being public about CLL.

Puru, you said you've faked confidence during interviews. You want real confidence? Own it. Tell people you took matters into your own hands, 𝒕𝒐𝒍𝒅 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓 𝒈𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒄𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒇𝒖𝒄𝒌 𝒐𝒇𝒇, and worked hard to become a taller man. Confidence comes from accomplishments. Every challenge we face, successful or not, is building our confidence. We only get one life. This is it. This is you.

Those who can't understand are showing a lack of empathy, and can sod off. Your drive to get the money and the courage to go through with surgery, show much more about your character than how long your legs happened to be in the genetic lottery.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2018, 09:40:27 AM by fivefive »
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

myloginacct

« Reply #121 on: February 08, 2018, 04:09:02 PM »

I agree with everything you've said, fivefive, but the thing about being public about CLL is how public you intend to make it, and how famous you are. If it's just to the people in your life, I don't see a problem. Like you said, everyone who can't at least show empathy can beat it. The main problem is that beating your genetics and becoming taller sadly isn't an easy process yet, and more sadly, there are a bunch of money hungry, bad doctors willing to perform CLL. If a famous person went public with CLL, there's bound to be a bunch of youngsters butchering themselves with doctors like those. If people could only do CLL with Paley, I would see much less of a problem with anyone famous going public about it. The bad cases that would happen would be mostly ascribable to the bad luck and few bad cases that are inherent to life and the medical world, rather than general malpractice, incompetence, and negligence. I'd still have a small problem with it, but it'd be lessened a lot.

One century from now it'll be easy to increase your height and beat your genetics without much problem, although it'll still be costly. By then, I'd hope some of the people, including the famous ones, going through the easier CLL processes won't be shy about it. Creating a world where people can beat their genetics and be judged mostly by their character, rather than their looks, just seems a superior option than not.

Android

« Reply #122 on: February 08, 2018, 07:44:38 PM »

Puru, you're a programmer, right? I'm surprised you didn't know that PNG files don't have interesting metadata, let alone about your computer.

To be fair, not every programmer knows everything about a computer. For instance, many programmers don't know how to make a website even though they can make full-blown applications. And if you want to stay anonymous, doxxing is a reality and it's something you want to avoid. Better safe than sorry.

About anonymity, it's case by case. We're all different after all: some don't use social media, some lurk, some post food photos, some post selfies, some share every thought. We share personal information in varying degrees, and they're all fine.

I've told a couple people about my CLL plans, but I don't plan to go public. Don't ask, don't tell, but I won't deny. I mean, it's impossible growing at my age anyway!

Purushrottam

« Reply #123 on: February 09, 2018, 02:33:57 AM »

There was some error with this post. Mods, can you please delete this specific comment?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15   Go Up