Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I have very short tibia relative to my height  (Read 890 times)

hammad555

• Visitor
I have very short tibia relative to my height
« on: September 12, 2017, 06:22:23 AM »

So I am 5'5.5 and my brother is 6'0 on the dot. I noticed that both of our upper bodies are the same length, such that when I stand on 3 bricks and wear 0.5 inch sandals, being the same height as my brother, our upper bodies were perfectly aligned, from bellybutton height, to shoulders to mouth, nose and eyes were all aligned perfectly. The difference between our heights was in our legs. he has roughly 4 inch longer tibia's than me and roughly 2.5 inch longer femurs. it's not so much that he has super long tibia, but I have short tibias. Everyone advises here not to lengthen the tibia too much, max I hear is 5-6 cm. One reason I hear is that proportions are off and running becomes a problem...well my brother and I both run fine with our proportions.
So I am wondering, given my short tibias, would it at all be possible to squeeze and extra cm or two over what us considered the safe maximum limit? Say 7 or dare I say 8 cm? Proportions shouldn't be a problem as I walk around in a whopping 3 inch lifts (in air Jordan 1 high top shoes) very comfortably. Sprinting isn't a problem with the lifts on either and shouldn't be with the extra height (minus the soft tissue problems from lengthening). So what do you guys think, how would 7 or 8 cm on tibia be a problem for me (I know that much is crazy, but I am wondering for my case in particular)?

Also when I see my brother again I can get him to take a picture with me while I stand on 6.5 inches of bricks if it'll help.

Re: I have very short tibia relative to my height
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 03:51:43 PM »

So I am 5'5.5 and my brother is 6'0 on the dot. I noticed that both of our upper bodies are the same length, such that when I stand on 3 bricks and wear 0.5 inch sandals, being the same height as my brother, our upper bodies were perfectly aligned, from bellybutton height, to shoulders to mouth, nose and eyes were all aligned perfectly. The difference between our heights was in our legs. he has roughly 4 inch longer tibia's than me and roughly 2.5 inch longer femurs. it's not so much that he has super long tibia, but I have short tibias. Everyone advises here not to lengthen the tibia too much, max I hear is 5-6 cm. One reason I hear is that proportions are off and running becomes a problem...well my brother and I both run fine with our proportions.
So I am wondering, given my short tibias, would it at all be possible to squeeze and extra cm or two over what us considered the safe maximum limit? Say 7 or dare I say 8 cm? Proportions shouldn't be a problem as I walk around in a whopping 3 inch lifts (in air Jordan 1 high top shoes) very comfortably. Sprinting isn't a problem with the lifts on either and shouldn't be with the extra height (minus the soft tissue problems from lengthening). So what do you guys think, how would 7 or 8 cm on tibia be a problem for me (I know that much is crazy, but I am wondering for my case in particular)?

Also when I see my brother again I can get him to take a picture with me while I stand on 6.5 inches of bricks if it'll help.

Hi Hammad, pl advise what did yo decide? I have exactly similar question in ind, I want to do around 7 CM on tibia , without doing Achilles tendon lengthening.
Pages: [1]   Go Up