Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Will this surgery ever be accepted by the majority  (Read 6445 times)

The Dreamer

Re: Will this surgery ever be accepted by the majority
« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2017, 07:28:43 PM »

Yes, but what about the people that are better in terms of height, should I feel anger about them? Bad Luck is a real bitch, but there is always a solution
I think that those are quite different things.Being forced to stay for all your life in wheelchair because Nature gave you a faulty genetic is way worse than being short.When you are short you can still walk,do sports and have an acceptable life.When you are disabled in a wheelchair for all your life you are condemned.
However those are my consciousness debates,i don't want to involve all of you or to say don't do LL
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

Knik

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2017, 07:32:30 PM »

i understand where the other guy is coming from although i can understand where you are also coming from look at me for example i have 3 brothers and all of them are well over 6'0 my oldest brother is 6'4 my 2nd oldest is 6'4 aswell my younger brother is 6'3 maybe 6'4 now and then you have me at 5'10 honestly it ain't fair espacally when my dad is 6'1 and my mom is 5'9

It's funny. On this forum everybody around you is 6'4-6'5 or more but it's like 1% of population. What a luck. I will start to think that I live in dwarf land as most guys are around my height here and the taller guys I can see are about 15 cm more and it's already uncommon. But according to this forum even chinese average is about 5'9. I don't know anybody taller than 6'2 in my entourage.
Looking for Pili

ramaka

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2017, 07:35:09 PM »

I think that those are quite different things.Being forced to stay for all your life in wheelchair because Nature gave you a faulty genetic is way worse than being short.When you are short you can still walk,do sports and have an acceptable life.When you are disabled in a wheelchair for all your life you are condemned.
However those are my consciousness debates,i don't want to involve all of you or to say don't do LL

I fully understand where you are coming from on this i really do but if it isn't me or the people in this forum doing LL someone else will at some point a big name person IE celebrity will do it and then it will be like all those other surgeries that have just become the normal thing in todays world on one hand its annoying on the other hand its really a gift for people who have really bad insecurities with their height.

FDR101

« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2017, 07:54:14 PM »

I don't really think it is "acceptable" for heterosxxual males to get any cosmetic surgery at the moment.

It signals insecurity and this is frowned upon. With regard to LL it is seen as very negative, because you are losing a pair of healthy legs to something which will end up giving you 2-4 inches more and reduced athleticism or wheelchair for life.

Factor in that women don't like this because they are attracted to "good genetics" which height signals, so if a guy gets LL, their biological instinct is that they are getting cheated as they might get "inferior genetics" without knowing it. Plus you have naturally tall men who feel like shorter people can "steal" their positive traits.

Then add to the fact that society really does not want to accept the fact that short males are frowned upon for something they have no control over, as you risk losing a major part of your workforce, basically destroying society and you have a perfect coktail as to why LL is probably the most hated cosmetic surgery out there.

Knik

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2017, 08:00:26 PM »

"Factor in that women don't like this because they are attracted to "good genetics" which height signals, so if a guy gets LL, their biological instinct is that they are getting cheated."

You really think that women are that stupid. In most case they don't care much as you think about your height, I only see that kind of women on dating site or some  ty place like bars.
Looking for Pili

ramaka

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2017, 08:12:03 PM »

I don't really think it is "acceptable" for heterosxxual males to get any cosmetic surgery at the moment.

It signals insecurity and this is frowned upon. With regard to LL it is seen as very negative, because you are losing a pair of healthy legs to something which will end up giving you 2-4 inches more and reduced athleticism or wheelchair for life.

Factor in that women don't like this because they are attracted to "good genetics" which height signals, so if a guy gets LL, their biological instinct is that they are getting cheated as they might get "inferior genetics" without knowing it. Plus you have naturally tall men who feel like shorter people can "steal" their positive traits.

Then add to the fact that society really does not want to accept the fact that short males are frowned upon for something they have no control over, as you risk losing a major part of your workforce, basically destroying society and you have a perfect coktail as to why LL is probably the most hated cosmetic surgery out there.

that isn't really true look at me for example i have 3 brothers who are all like 6'4 true one of them is like 6'3-6'4 but either way they are all around the same height then you have me at like 5'10 yea i am a bit smaller but my dad is 6'1 and my mom is 5'9 so if i have a kid for all we know he or she could inherit the genes from my dad or my brothers and end up at 6'1-6'4 because it is in the genes i know someone who's patients are like 5'7 and 5'4 and they ended up at 6'2 small people could have tall genes in their family that they didn't inherit but could pass on to their offspring so it dosen't always mean a woman is being cheated

The Dreamer

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2017, 08:38:41 PM »

Well,if you do any cosmetic surgery,you should keep it secret from people,especially from women because it reveals a your weak point and insecurity.
And I am sceptic about the "tall people feeling short people steal thei traits".
For example i've read about a patient that managed to gain my height with LL.I don't envy him,especially after reading the hell that he has be gone throught.I thought that if someone is determined to suffer so much for gain some cm,at the end he deserves it.
And LL is a dangerous surgery,very few choose to do this.That thing that you said would happen if LL was a joke,like drinking some meds and after growing easilly of 10 cm,which LL is not.

FDR101

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2017, 08:44:46 PM »

Well,if you do any cosmetic surgery,you should keep it secret from people,especially from women because it reveals a your weak point and insecurity.
And I am sceptic about the "tall people feeling short people steal thei traits".
For example i've read about a patient that managed to gain my height with LL.I don't envy him,especially after reading the hell that he has be gone throught.I thought that if someone is determined to suffer so much for gain some cm,at the end he deserves it.
And LL is a dangerous surgery,very few choose to do this.That thing that you said would happen if LL was a joke,like drinking some meds and after growing easilly of 10 cm,which LL is not.

Yes but the vast majority of people aren't as informed on the LL procedure as you are. They don't reflect on the amount of dedication, risk, work and pain one has to suffer. They just think "cosmetic surgery to get taller".

google42

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2017, 10:53:56 PM »

Yes but the vast majority of people aren't as informed on the LL procedure as you are. They don't reflect on the amount of dedication, risk, work and pain one has to suffer. They just think "cosmetic surgery to get taller".
when people know about this surgery they usually know that it comes with many risks and that it won't be a walk in the park. a simple google search can show you what this surgery is about. The other thing is that most people don't even know a surgery like this exists, a lot of people just assume that height is unchangeable. 

ramaka

« Reply #40 on: September 14, 2017, 02:29:45 PM »

That's true I think the more it becomes known the better the results and technology involved in this surgery will be because more people will probably be doing it.

The Dreamer

« Reply #41 on: September 14, 2017, 02:39:09 PM »

That's true I think the more it becomes known the better the results and technology involved in this surgery will be because more people will probably be doing it.
This is true,and involving more surgeons will lower prices because of competition.
However I'm not lying to myself:I think the future are studies like reopening the growth plates.
LL could and will be improved,but not so much:maybe better nails,all fullbearing,better technology.But the risks of surgery itself will remain the same.

ramaka

« Reply #42 on: September 14, 2017, 02:42:48 PM »

This is true,and involving more surgeons will lower because of competition.
However I'm not lying to myself:I think the future are studies like reopening the growth plates.
LL could and will be improved,but not so much:maybe better nails,all fullbearing,better technology.But the risks of surgery itself will remain the same.

I agree completely with the risk of the surgery but there are risks with all surgeries it will always be there but I think it will be more better as the technology improves

The Dreamer

« Reply #43 on: September 14, 2017, 02:52:22 PM »

I agree completely with the risk of the surgery but there are risks with all surgeries it will always be there but I think it will be more better as the technology improves
It will be better when there will be available reopening growth plates or meds that allow you to stretch soft tissues withouth causing pain or several damages.When it will be possible to control the regeneration process,slowing it or accelerating as you like.
Since actually we are far distant from that point,i don't see many possible "revolutionary" improvements.

Body Builder

« Reply #44 on: September 14, 2017, 04:00:02 PM »

It will be better when there will be available reopening growth plates or meds that allow you to stretch soft tissues withouth causing pain or several damages.When it will be possible to control the regeneration process,slowing it or accelerating as you like.
Since actually we are far distant from that point,i don't see many possible "revolutionary" improvements.
The only possible revolution in the near future is full weightbearing internal magnetic nails .
There can't be any bigger revolution (at least on the next 20 years) than walking unaided a few days after surgery and lengthen by just pushing a button 1-2 times per day.
This is enough for anyone who thinks about LL. Gene therapies and all these are very distant and using them for geting height in cosmetic cases is even more distant.

For now the best we can hope for is a strong weight bearing nail (like albizzia but e en stronger) which lengthens with the push of a button (like precise). I hope precise 3 or synoste will gibe us that. This is more than enough for me.

The Dreamer

« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2017, 04:11:03 PM »

The only possible revolution in the near future is full weightbearing internal magnetic nails .
There can't be any bigger revolution (at least on the next 20 years) than walking unaided a few days after surgery and lengthen by just pushing a button 1-2 times per day.
This is enough for anyone who thinks about LL. Gene therapies and all these are very distant and using them for geting height in cosmetic cases is even more distant.

For now the best we can hope for is a strong weight bearing nail (like albizzia but e en stronger) which lengthens with the push of a button (like precise). I hope precise 3 or synoste will gibe us that. This is more than enough for me.
Yes of course,but all problems regarding internal nailing will persist.I'm hoping too in Precice 3 or the finnish Synoste.
Better than nothing

ramaka

« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2017, 04:27:52 PM »

sure it could do with improvement but wouldn't that only be done if the odds on recovery were bad i mean does anyone actually know the odds of a full recovery on this if done right and by a professional doctor

The Dreamer

« Reply #47 on: September 14, 2017, 04:34:50 PM »

sure it could do with improvement but wouldn't that only be done if the odds on recovery were bad i mean does anyone actually know the odds of a full recovery on this if done right and by a professional doctor
You have a 100% odd to fully recover if you lenghten 0 cm.Otherwise,you will never recover at the previous LL form.
What ammount of recovery you will get (if 80%,70% or less) depends of many factors,the most important one is how much do you lengthen.

ramaka

« Reply #48 on: September 14, 2017, 04:49:45 PM »

You have a 100% odd to fully recover if you lenghten 0 cm.Otherwise,you will never recover at the previous LL form.
What ammount of recovery you will get (if 80%,70% or less) depends of many factors,the most important one is how much do you lengthen.

lets say you lengthened 5.5 in femurs and then a 5 cm in tibia what would be the percentage then just curious

Body Builder

« Reply #49 on: September 14, 2017, 05:16:46 PM »

lets say you lengthened 5.5 in femurs and then a 5 cm in tibia what would be the percentage then just curious
If you read the forum you would see that there aren't exact percentages.
But I can assure you it will be less than 90% from a little less to a lot more.

ramaka

« Reply #50 on: September 14, 2017, 05:24:37 PM »

so i would be looking at around 80% lol honestly if it was a good doctor how long would the recovery take on this length and can you actually run and walk normally after it and i know that running you will never run as fast or have the burst of speed that i would have if i didn't lengthen
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up