Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Will this surgery ever be accepted by the majority  (Read 6522 times)

ramaka

Will this surgery ever be accepted by the majority
« on: September 13, 2017, 01:33:07 PM »

why do people have such a problem with this surgery if it makes someone feel better about themselves what is the problem. Women get breast implants to look better and no one cares if they do l, it's considered ok. People get sex changes and people don't mind it (I'm not comparing a sex change to LL I'm just using it as an example) my point is if someone is unhappy about themselves why shouldn't they have the right to change themselves.

Penguinn

Re: Will this surgery ever be accepted by the majority
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 01:35:53 PM »

Heterosexual men getting any cosmetic procedure done will always be frowned on. The more extreme, the more frowns.

Body Builder

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 01:55:33 PM »

I don't think that sex change is accepted more than LL. In contrast I believe it is much more criticized.

And LL will never become generally accepted because some tall people can't understand how worse is life as a short male and also they want to have this benefit (tall stature) and are not ok that people can become like them with an operation.
They want to boast for something that they haven't tried to achieve and they don't want anyone to have these traits in an artificial way.
Also, short men that aren't ok with their heights but they are coward to do LL criticize LL'ers too although deep inside they are jealous of them who had the guts to change their lives.

But I don't really believe that any LL'er should care about all these.
I am much more proud for my current height because I tried for that and I don't care about anyone's opinion.

Knik

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 01:59:37 PM »

I'm both. sxx change and planning LL :)
And about transgender it depend where you from, even if it's accepted its still perceived as a disappointment. I hope that LL will never be accepted. Because then it will be more popular, and we don't want it. When tall guys (6ft+) like Vader will make it.
Hopefully there is many things to dissuade people. First thing : price, time, risks. That ask a lot of motivation.
Looking for Pili

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 02:02:23 PM »

And about transgender it depend where you from, even if it's accepted its still perceived as a disappointment. I hope that LL will never be accepted.

Wow, really? You're female-to-male? I didn't know that.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

alps

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 02:16:22 PM »

Heterosxxual men getting any cosmetic procedure done will always be frowned on. The more extreme, the more frowns.

I guess it's relatively worse in India where the gender notions are more pronounced. How has your experience been?

Body Builder

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 02:19:45 PM »

And about transgender it depend where you from, even if it's accepted its still perceived as a disappointment. I hope that LL will never be accepted. Because then it will be more popular, and we don't want it. When tall guys (6ft+) like Vader will make it.
Hopefully there is many things to dissuade people. First thing : price, time, risks. That ask a lot of motivation.
Have you done a sex change or you just plan it?
Also if you want to become a woman then why you want LL?

Finally I don't care what lunatics like Vader will do.
Heights more than 6.3 stop to be aesthetic so if tall guys want to become very tall then they'll look worse so I don't care as normal to tall men will be more aesthetic.

Knik

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 02:54:48 PM »

Have you done a sxx change or you just plan it?
Also if you want to become a woman then why you want LL?

Finally I don't care what lunatics like Vader will do.
Heights more than 6.3 stop to be aesthetic so if tall guys want to become very tall then they'll look worse so I don't care as normal to tall men will be more aesthetic.

Because I know that I would feel better after it. And no, I didn't make any operation at the moment. But maybe I'm crazy as Vader.
Looking for Pili

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 02:58:43 PM »

I believe that, at least on my side of the world, sex change is considered much more unacceptable. From the people who know I did the surgery, the majority understand the difficulties and disadvantages of being short but they do not consider it enough to put 2 healthy legs at stake for being taller (considering many people end up limping or partially disabled).

In my experience: Before surgery - People will tell you you are crazy, will be worried about you, thinking you are too vain, etc etc.
                           After surgery - You are a crazy successful motherfker. Hope you are happy now.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

Knik

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 03:04:05 PM »

I believe that, at least on my side of the world, sxx change is considered much more unacceptable. From the people who know I did the surgery, the majority understand the difficulties and disadvantages of being short but they do not consider it enough to put 2 healthy legs at stake for being taller (considering many people end up limping or partially disabled).

In my experience: Before surgery - People will tell you you are crazy, will be worried about you, thinking you are too vain, etc etc.
                           After surgery - You are a crazy successful motherfker. Hope you are happy now.

Yes, exactly. Also we should talk about misinformation from journalists about Limb Lenghtening. They are introducing LL as torture, scam playing with our psychological weakness. They don't know that to make it we need a strong psychological force and courage.
http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/09/03/limb-lengthening-surgery-becoming-increasingly-popular-in-korea-despite-inherent-dangers/
The last comment is interesting, but still that category of people who think that internal femur are magical.

In the case of transgender, they are tolerate only when they are very beautiful. So mostly hated. And I don't talk about female to male, in their case incomprehension is worse.
Looking for Pili

ramaka

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 03:12:29 PM »

When I was saying accepted what I meant was accepted among the celebrity world they would be furious if someone did it but they don't have a problem with the likes of the kardashians getting surgery on their faces,ass,breast and even their lips this is what I meant like with is LL seriously frowned upon but this isn't it makes no sense sure your breaking legs to be taller but I'm sure the kardashians have done more damage to their bodies then 1 or 2 LL surgeries will do to a single human.

The Dreamer

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 03:25:03 PM »

When I was saying accepted what I meant was accepted among the celebrity world they would be furious if someone did it but they don't have a problem with the likes of the kardashians getting surgery on their faces,ass,breast and even their lips this is what I meant like with is LL seriously frowned upon but this isn't it makes no sense sure your breaking legs to be taller but I'm sure the kardashians have done more damage to their bodies then 1 or 2 LL surgeries will do to a single human.
I don't think so.LL is way more dangerous than nose job,breast implant and any other cosmetic surgery.
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

Knik

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 03:28:16 PM »

I don't think so.LL is way more dangerous than nose job,breast implant and any other cosmetic surgery.

Don't underestimate the danger of these comestic surgeries.
Looking for Pili

The Dreamer

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2017, 03:31:35 PM »

Don't underestimate the danger of these comestic surgeries.
[/quote

I'm not underestimating anything.LL is the most dangerous existent cosmetic surgery,operations like nose jobs are jokes in confront

Body Builder

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2017, 03:41:33 PM »

Exactly. LL change the biomechanics of the body and leaves permanent functional deficits, from small to very big.
No nose job or boobjob or any other kind of cosmetic surgeries leave functional deficits if it is done right.
So we should not compare these tiny things to breaking bones, stretching soft tissues and all these that LL contains. The difference is huge.

Theophilo, you are tall for a woman and you still want to do LL. I can't understand your way of thinking as tall height is something positive for men but a tall woman will definitely look less feminine. Moreover when she is a transexual. Think more carefully, if you want to change your sex then LL is a bad decision for you.

google42

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2017, 03:46:34 PM »

I don't think this surgery is going to be accepted by the majority anytime soon. People still look down on others who've done any cosmetic surgery. Just mention anything about doing a cosmetic surgery and people will think your crazy and tell you that you don't need it, unless you actually need it (really big nose, or breast implants because you had breast cancer, etc.). If this is how regular cosmetic surgery is seen by society then imagine what they will think of you when you mention breaking your bones to lengthen your legs. Unless you're extremely short, people will discourage from doing it.
 Even fellow short people think this surgery is crazy. I've seen posts online on other websites asking if doing this surgery would be worth it and almost everyone discourages it, but there's a few who say to just go for it.

The Dreamer

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 03:55:08 PM »

I don't think this surgery is going to be accepted by the majority anytime soon. People still look down on others who've done any cosmetic surgery. Just mention anything about doing a cosmetic surgery and people will think your crazy and tell you that you don't need it, unless you actually need it (really big nose, or breast implants because you had breast cancer, etc.). If this is how regular cosmetic surgery is seen by society then imagine what they will think of you when you mention breaking your bones to lengthen your legs. Unless you're extremely short, people will discourage from doing it.
 Even fellow short people think this surgery is crazy. I've seen posts online on other websites asking if doing this surgery would be worth it and almost everyone discourages it, but there's a few who say to just go for it.
You're definitely right.It's common sense to say that this surgery is crazy.Breaking healthy legs is never a good idea.
I'm just thinking on those poor guys naturally disabled in wheelchair that would do anything for have normal legs.
And feeling an ungrateful ass-ahole for just remotely considering LL

ramaka

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2017, 04:01:58 PM »

i didn't explain what i said clear enough sorry what i meant to say was the amount of times they have done something like that once for all those type of surgeries is ok but the amount of times they have done it surly there bodies must be damaged. with a jaw reconstruction surgery and other things like that.

that being said if you went to a good doctor for all these and the doctor said what the limit was based on your body for LL wouldn't you be able to walk normally after the surgery is complete an when i say a good doctor i mean the ones who charge like 100k on it like paley.

the reason i bring this up is because when see celebs getting nose jobs etc and so on i think clearly they have went for an experienced doctor to do it so it is done right. The point i am making is any surgery can be a dangerous procedure if it is handled by a bad doctor same with LL if it is a confident good doctor then won't the surgery be a success obviously it comes down to the patients will to walk and so on with LL.

afterall

• Visitor
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2017, 04:39:28 PM »

this is a cosmetic surgery that solve mental problem , but it's a choice that can ruin your life in multiple way
for example this result for me isn't good

very bad proportions in my opinion , tibia are too long , and your mobility never comeback like before the surgery
that's and others are reasons to think twice before do it to fix a mental problems
we are a healthy guys....

Knik

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2017, 04:48:07 PM »

this is a cosmetic surgery that solve mental problem , but it's a choice that can ruin your life in multiple way
for example this result for me isn't good

very bad proportions in my opinion , tibia are too long , and your mobility never comeback like before the surgery
that's and others are reasons to think twice before do it to fix a mental problems
we are a healthy guys....

Isn't that guy who made 9cm with Pili ?
Looking for Pili

ramaka

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 04:51:43 PM »

hey please don't think i'm sounding bad here but what doctor did you see and do you think if you had of had like 2 surgeries for example done like 4 cm tibia and 4 cm femur do you think you would look more proportional also how long have you had this done are you a recently complete LL patient or have you been like that for a few years also isn't it true that the safe limit on this is 6cm per segment again please don't take offence or think i'm being rude or sound like a jerk if i came across that way it really wasn't intentional.

The Dreamer

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2017, 05:32:00 PM »

i didn't explain what i said clear enough sorry what i meant to say was the amount of times they have done something like that once for all those type of surgeries is ok but the amount of times they have done it surly there bodies must be damaged. with a jaw reconstruction surgery and other things like that.

that being said if you went to a good doctor for all these and the doctor said what the limit was based on your body for LL wouldn't you be able to walk normally after the surgery is complete an when i say a good doctor i mean the ones who charge like 100k on it like paley.

the reason i bring this up is because when see celebs getting nose jobs etc and so on i think clearly they have went for an experienced doctor to do it so it is done right. The point i am making is any surgery can be a dangerous procedure if it is handled by a bad doctor same with LL if it is a confident good doctor then won't the surgery be a success obviously it comes down to the patients will to walk and so on with LL.
Of course any surgery is dangerous.But the point with LL is that even though you go with Paley/Rozbruch and top doctors,you could still have serious complications or be crippled.No one knows how will your body will react to LL and if it will handle.Making things worse,even considering a successful LL's case,your body will be disabled in multiple ways,being you unable to recover 100% the preLL's condition.
After a job nose,if performed correctly,you will be 100%.And being crippled by a nose job is almost impossible.
Remember also that LL is banned in some countries
That is the point

ramaka

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2017, 05:42:24 PM »

true but that being said do you think this statement is true i saw this on another topic in the forum a few weeks ago the person said if the person doing the LL surgery is naturally tall like 5'11 then their body would be more better suited for LL simply because they have a longer torso, legs and wingspan then say someone who is 5'7 or 5'8 also if the everything does go right with the sergury is the only real thing you lose an athletic ability lets say you have a 100% athletic ability then would you probably end up with like a 60-70% athletic ability after it also is it true that the safe limit is 6cm per segment for best recovery

FDR101

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2017, 06:16:52 PM »

true but that being said do you think this statement is true i saw this on another topic in the forum a few weeks ago the person said if the person doing the LL surgery is naturally tall like 5'11 then their body would be more better suited for LL simply because they have a longer torso, legs and wingspan then say someone who is 5'7 or 5'8 also if the everything does go right with the sergury is the only real thing you lose an athletic ability lets say you have a 100% athletic ability then would you probably end up with like a 60-70% athletic ability after it also is it true that the safe limit is 6cm per segment for best recovery

There is a small statistical advantedge in lengthening if you're naturally taller, as on average taller people have longer femurs/tibias and as such you're not stretching as much muscle/soft tissue with regard to total femur/tibia area.

However, bone regeneration, blood circulations, stretching ability and lots of other variables are just as important, so a 5'8" person could still be a better candidate for LL than someone who is 5'11".

6 cm Tibia is a lot. Tibia's in general are a lot more complex to lengthen than Femurs.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2017, 06:24:20 PM »

That's not true. Taller people can generally lengthen more than shorter people, with the amount varying. It would be more suitable to compare leg lenghts instead of total body heights for that. However, it still can't be said that a 5'11'' person is more suited to undergo LL than a 5'7'' person. For example, for lengthening 4 cm on the tibia, or 5 on the femur, there won't be much difference between the two people.

The safe limit for tibia is also more like 4.5-5 cms instead of 6 cms. It's very possible that even a 5'11'' candidate will have trouble with 6 centimetres, or at least the risk for that is high.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

ramaka

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2017, 06:39:46 PM »

That's not true. Taller people can generally lengthen more than shorter people, with the amount varying. It would be more suitable to compare leg lenghts instead of total body heights for that. However, it still can't be said that a 5'11'' person is more suited to undergo LL than a 5'7'' person. For example, for lengthening 4 cm on the tibia, or 5 on the femur, there won't be much difference between the two people.

The safe limit for tibia is also more like 4.5-5 cms instead of 6 cms. It's very possible that even a 5'11'' candidate will have trouble with 6 centimetres, or at least the risk for that is high.

so are you saying that if say someone who is 5'8 and someone who is 5'11 have the same leg length like inseam are both 30 i only use this number because that's what mine is at 5'10 then the length they could lengthen would be the same

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2017, 06:44:26 PM »

so are you saying that if say someone who is 5'8 and someone who is 5'11 have the same leg length like inseam are both 30 i only use this number because that's what mine is at 5'10 then the length they could lengthen would be the same

The basic rule is that you shouldn't exceed 15% of original bone length.

Example: If your femur bone is 40cms that means 6cm is your "safe limit" since 6cm is 15% of your original bone length(in this case 40cm).

onemorefoot

« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2017, 06:45:47 PM »

You're definitely right.It's common sense to say that this surgery is crazy.Breaking healthy legs is never a good idea.
I'm just thinking on those poor guys naturally disabled in wheelchair that would do anything for have normal legs.
And feeling an ungrateful ass-ahole for just remotely considering LL
Yes, but what about the people that are better in terms of height, should I feel anger about them? Bad Luck is a real bitch, but there is always a solution
Budget will determine my future.

ramaka

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2017, 07:14:58 PM »

Yes, but what about the people that are better in terms of height, should I feel anger about them? Bad Luck is a real bitch, but there is always a solution

i understand where the other guy is coming from although i can understand where you are also coming from look at me for example i have 3 brothers and all of them are well over 6'0 my oldest brother is 6'4 my 2nd oldest is 6'4 aswell my younger brother is 6'3 maybe 6'4 now and then you have me at 5'10 honestly it ain't fair espacally when my dad is 6'1 and my mom is 5'9

The Dreamer

« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2017, 07:28:43 PM »

I think that those are quite different things.Being forced to stay for all your life in wheelchair because Nature gave you a faulty genetic is way worse than being short.When you are short you can still walk,do sports and have an acceptable life.When you are disabled in a wheelchair for all your life you are condemned.
However those are my consciousness debates,i don't want to involve all of you or to say don't do LL

Knik

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2017, 07:32:30 PM »

i understand where the other guy is coming from although i can understand where you are also coming from look at me for example i have 3 brothers and all of them are well over 6'0 my oldest brother is 6'4 my 2nd oldest is 6'4 aswell my younger brother is 6'3 maybe 6'4 now and then you have me at 5'10 honestly it ain't fair espacally when my dad is 6'1 and my mom is 5'9

It's funny. On this forum everybody around you is 6'4-6'5 or more but it's like 1% of population. What a luck. I will start to think that I live in dwarf land as most guys are around my height here and the taller guys I can see are about 15 cm more and it's already uncommon. But according to this forum even chinese average is about 5'9. I don't know anybody taller than 6'2 in my entourage.
Looking for Pili
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up