Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL reseraching from 4 years, wanna get done now, need advice, thanks  (Read 1899 times)

Thanks in advance for answering my questions. I want to have limb lengthening surgery in next one year. I have been researching from last 4 years. My tibia and femur are pretty much well proportioned (one not relatively shorter then other), I want to have exactly 3 inches (not a mm less not a mm more :)). My problem is that I cannot spend more than 55-56k USD (all included) and cannot take break from (normal office desk job) work for more than 3 months. I can walk with a walker/crutches though while working. How do you so see it becoming possible (e.g. internal vs external, tibia vs femur, which doctor)? also if 3 months is too aggressive a goal (given 3 inch target) then what would be a more reasonable target for walking (with aid) - 5 months? 6 months? Also, given good tibia femur ratio, which segment should I lengthen. plz provide your input. Thanks.

Andy

• Rough situations don't last, rough people do.
Re: LL reseraching from 4 years, wanna get done now, need advice, thanks
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 11:36:40 PM »

Hi Prakash419,
Being well proportioned and aiming for three inches (7.6cm) may result in disproportion regardless if you do it in tibia or femur.  I had this very same discussion recently with Dr Giotikas (www.athensbjr.com), as I was going for 6 cm in tibias. He explained to me how complications rates increase with greater lengthenings. I understand he is generally not happy to go for more than 5 cm in tibias and 7 cm in femurs. I will now go for 6 cm in femurs.  Obviously better to discuss with a doctor, but if I were you I would consider four segment lengthening. It is safer, it will not take you more than 3 months away from your job in total, it can be within your budget, and you will need to walk with crutches for approximately 9 months (which you will also need if you do tibias or femurs only, sorry to disappoint you). best wishes.

Zeo

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2017, 03:16:42 AM »

lengthening four segments would definitely not be in his budget. Your better off just doing internal femurs.

The question is where can you get internal femurs from a reputable doctor for 50-60k all included. I think this a question that the forum has been trying to answer for a while. Honestly I don't think there is one yet but I haven't really been looking into the new doctors lately

Hopefully someone can point one out I know there are cheaper internal femur docs here but there always seem to be something that makes me not want to go to them.
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

Useful dude

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 08:35:41 AM »

I exactly had the same issue where I was curious where to get an affordable price for perecice 2 surgery. I finally did it in India with Dr. Parihar, and I recommend him for his good reputation and performance. You get what you pay for bud,,,,,

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2017, 08:54:26 AM »

Thanks friends, much appreciate your replies. I know having well proportioned tibia:femur is a bad thing if you are going to change the proportion, I believe having longer tibia is preferable then having longer femurs (since femurs are anyway naturally a bit longer than tibia), what you guys thing?

Andy/Zeo, can you plz shed some light on 4 segment lengthening? do you mean lengthening femur and tibia together? Wont that be very costly (considering that I will have to go with internal femurs since external femurs is like suicidal), time consuming (longer downtime) and with possible more complications?

Useful dude, can you plz shed some light on total cost of Dr. Sringari for internal tibia? how soon does it allow you to stand and walk with crutches (I mean walk for 20 minutes a day - in office setting, not like long walk).

All, I saw some youtube videos of Guichet patient walking with walker right after surgery !!!!! Don't know what to make out of that, any inputs? Also, can anybody plz advise on the cost of internals with dr. Guichet? I guess he is the 3rd cheapest internal option after Sringari and Birklholtz? Also, does it really help (in any way, like faster walking) to go for tibia internals rather than tibia exteernals? and Last question is - do you guys think it is worth spending $40k on china externals (Xia/Li) or Sringari or Barinov would be more value for money ? I mean $40k external - seems kinda high though they have good history (I don't know of any complication diary from China). Thanks.

Thanks again.

FDR101

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2017, 09:21:41 AM »

Do unilateral internal femurs with Fitbone with Dr Monegal in Barcelona. He charges about 45,000 USD for that. Also don't set yourself an exact goal of 3 inches. Listen to your body and be conservative. I would recommend 5-6 cm in femurs, the less the safer you are.

c

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2017, 10:15:39 AM »

Thanks friends, much appreciate your replies. I know having well proportioned tibia:femur is a bad thing if you are going to change the proportion, I believe having longer tibia is preferable then having longer femurs (since femurs are anyway naturally a bit longer than tibia), what you guys thing?

Andy/Zeo, can you plz shed some light on 4 segment lengthening? do you mean lengthening femur and tibia together? Wont that be very costly (considering that I will have to go with internal femurs since external femurs is like suicidal), time consuming (longer downtime) and with possible more complications?

Useful dude, can you plz shed some light on total cost of Dr. Sringari for internal tibia? how soon does it allow you to stand and walk with crutches (I mean walk for 20 minutes a day - in office setting, not like long walk).

All, I saw some youtube videos of Guichet patient walking with walker right after surgery !!!!! Don't know what to make out of that, any inputs? Also, can anybody plz advise on the cost of internals with dr. Guichet? I guess he is the 3rd cheapest internal option after Sringari and Birklholtz? Also, does it really help (in any way, like faster walking) to go for tibia internals rather than tibia exteernals? and Last question is - do you guys think it is worth spending $40k on china externals (Xia/Li) or Sringari or Barinov would be more value for money ? I mean $40k external - seems kinda high though they have good history (I don't know of any complication diary from China). Thanks.

Thanks again.

Hello, I do not recommend you to surgery in China, summer doctors have some Chinese patients can not walk after three years, there are many complications, if you can access to Chinese patients, you know my words are true The

KrP1

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2017, 11:15:00 AM »

Internal femurs , but 3 months is not enought time to recover.

Useful dude

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2017, 05:42:34 PM »

My friend, it's been only a few months since I got my surgery done. I have gained so far almost 3 cm. just to clear the air I am doing internal femurs. for those who are curious ( I might post something more detailed about my surgery )

It cost me ~$50k for the surgery, nails, and hospital stay.

I hope you found this information helpful, do not hesitate to ask any questions.
Good luck

« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2017, 01:10:49 AM »

Thanks friends for your valuable inputs. I am a bit confused on why everybody is recommending internal femurs? Femurs are longer than tibias naturally (unless somebody has longer tibias, which is not the case for me, for me it is exactly well proportioned) - so why would I lengthen the lengthier part? why not lengthen tibia? also too long femurs look more odd than too long tibias - is not that correct?

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2017, 02:01:35 AM »

Hi Prakash419,
Being well proportioned and aiming for three inches (7.6cm) may result in disproportion regardless if you do it in tibia or femur.  I had this very same discussion recently with Dr Giotikas (www.athensbjr.com), as I was going for 6 cm in tibias. He explained to me how complications rates increase with greater lengthenings. I understand he is generally not happy to go for more than 5 cm in tibias and 7 cm in femurs. I will now go for 6 cm in femurs.  Obviously better to discuss with a doctor, but if I were you I would consider four segment lengthening. It is safer, it will not take you more than 3 months away from your job in total, it can be within your budget, and you will need to walk with crutches for approximately 9 months (which you will also need if you do tibias or femurs only, sorry to disappoint you). best wishes.

Thanks Andy. I have a question - when you wrote 'four segments' you meant femur as well as tibia, correct? Also, I thought that both segments would take like 2 years off job, can you plz explain in more details by pm? additionally I would also like to know more about dr. Giotikas. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up