Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OxyContin maker will stop promoting opioids to doctors  (Read 702 times)

OverrideYourGenetics

• OverrideYourGenetics.com (no PMs, please email me)
OxyContin maker will stop promoting opioids to doctors
« on: February 11, 2018, 10:06:46 PM »

TL;DR - it may be harder to get Oxycontin. Has anyone used Hysingla?

https://www.apnews.com/397517a1eeca4bdc9a03eeae7d5f8554/OxyContin-maker-will-stop-promoting-opioids-to-doctors

OxyContin has long been the world’s top-selling opioid painkiller, bringing in billions in sales for privately-held Purdue, which also sells a newer and longer-lasting opioid drug called Hysingla.

The OxyContin pill, a time-release version of oxycodone, was hailed as a breakthrough treatment for chronic pain when it was approved in late 1995. It worked over 12 hours to maintain a steady level of oxycodone in patients suffering from a wide range of pain ailments.

Purdue eventually acknowledged that its promotions exaggerated the drug’s safety and minimized the risks of addiction. After federal investigations, the company and three executives pleaded guilty in 2007 and agreed to pay more than $600 million for misleading the public about the risks of OxyContin.

Lack of sleep is a common complaint in the diaries I've read. Sucks that they don't give you Oxycontin. That's what I used to help me sleep at night.

DIFM, what are your thoughts on this?
My diary. Tibias+femurs 3.75+3.75cm at the Paley Institute (5'5" -> 5'8") in my late 30s.
One of the last patients to use the PRECICE 2.2 nail. I met the first STRYDE patient and I strongly recommend the new STRYDE nail instead.

Zeo

Re: OxyContin maker will stop promoting opioids to doctors
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 02:31:27 AM »

How the is this going to change how LL doctors practice their pain management? And  oxycontin isn't the only brand/company that makes oxycodone you know.  And hysingla is just hydrocodone aka vicodin/norco

I don't mean to sound like a jerk,  pain management is definitely an issue that I'm personally worried about. I will defintely be angry if my doctor is stingy with the pain meds. But I think that it's just going to vary from doctor to doctor and case by case, not from what any one company decides to do

But pain  management is definitely something that should be talked about more with this surgery
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.
Pages: [1]   Go Up