Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: "There's no point of training in Martial Arts at 5'6"  (Read 6269 times)

Bruce Wayne

"There's no point of training in Martial Arts at 5'6"
« on: October 04, 2017, 05:19:47 PM »

Said a user on the other board. I actually agree to him to some extent. In the sense that if your only aspiration is to be a flyweight MMA champion, then it'd be pointless.

I personally aspire to be a giant slayer and if compete, it'd be in openweight divison. Mike Tyson and Ikuhisa Minowa have been my inspirations eventhough they're still 4-5" taller than me.

Meanwhile, martial artists such as Bruce Lee and Tony Jaa were trained to handle anyone of any height any weight any time any where and are seen as God without ever competing. It's something to aim for.
25 years 4 months | Pre-CLL

Starting height : 167cm | Goal : 172cm | Dr. Giotikas

"My anger outweighs my guilt."

Re: "There's no point of training in Martial Arts at 5'6"
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 11:00:34 PM »

Bruce Lee competed before but don't got any footage cause of the era it took place in. That aside,movie director's have also said he has done "super-human" things like when ever he moved the directors would have to edit it to be slower so that the viewers could actually see it.  He was just an all around crazy son of a bitch. Sad Pride/Rizin/UFC/Bellator wasn't a thing while he was alive. That would've been something.. Anyway back to ur statement, flyweight champ demetrious johnson is 5'3 and his last fight he has made $440,000 ($350,000 to show, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $40,000 Reebok sponsorship) not including pay per view cut.  Obviously he isn't a hunk to female fans or groupies but he still making his money. It's not pointless.
If u aspire to be a giant slayer what's stopping u? If ur gonna do LL do it if ur not then don't.

biggerdreams

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 01:33:17 AM »

If the user knew what martial arts is, they would know it has no relation to height. You can be deadly at any height. I don't think height should be something that holds you back.

That being said, I don't think martial arts should be something that holds you back from LL. It just matters what's more important to you.

Bruce Wayne

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 01:59:52 AM »

Bruce Lee competed before but don't got any footage cause of the era it took place in. That aside,movie director's have also said he has done "super-human" things like when ever he moved the directors would have to edit it to be slower so that the viewers could actually see it.  He was just an all around crazy son of a bitch. Sad Pride/Rizin/UFC/Bellator wasn't a thing while he was alive. That would've been something.. Anyway back to ur statement, flyweight champ demetrious johnson is 5'3 and his last fight he has made $440,000 ($350,000 to show, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $40,000 Reebok sponsorship) not including pay per view cut.  Obviously he isn't a hunk to female fans or groupies but he still making his money. It's not pointless.
If u aspire to be a giant slayer what's stopping u? If ur gonna do LL do it if ur not then don't.

Bruce Lee didn't compete in any serious fights, he competed in an amateur boxing match in high school and held unofficial matches with other martial artists (one of the most notable ones is Wong Jack Man). How it looked like, what the rules were are not clear.

Anyway it has nothing to do with the money, it has to do with pride and the feeling of self-worth. Nobody will have a doubt that Anderson Silva or Alistair Overeem would finish Johnson in a few seconds. But not all people would believe they could have done that to Bruce Lee or Tony Jaa or Jet Li.

biggerdreams

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 02:28:28 AM »

This is getting totally off topic but I think Anderson Silva in his prime would kill Bruce Lee in his prime in a ring. Bruce lee only knew striking and jiu jitsu is a hell of a thing if you don't know how to defend yourself.

Bruce Wayne

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2017, 03:11:00 AM »

This is getting totally off topic but I think Anderson Silva in his prime would kill Bruce Lee in his prime in a ring. Bruce lee only knew striking and jiu jitsu is a hell of a thing if you don't know how to defend yourself.

I thought it's off-topic board.

Bruce Lee learned Jiujitsu if you watch Enter The Dragon's opening scene, he incorporated some grappling techniques and had used MMA gloves even before MMA became a thing.

Anyway anything you said would be merely speculation. I don't know whether he could or not. But I made my point.

Bruce Wayne

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 03:18:13 AM »

If the user knew what martial arts is, they would know it has no relation to height. You can be deadly at any height. I don't think height should be something that holds you back.

That being said, I don't think martial arts should be something that holds you back from LL. It just matters what's more important to you.

Of course, it does. Taller people have more reach advantage and are heavier in their ideal weight. Heavier mass always have a potential to produce heavier force.

But I think what the user meant is it's pointless in terms of attracting women as women will not drool over and people will not respect a flyweight fighter like Johnson as much as they do over someone like Overeem or Anthony Joshua which is not wrong. That's why I made the point in the OP.

Having the ability to beat up other men anytime anywhere is equally important to me as looking flawless aesthetically.

biggerdreams

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 03:33:29 AM »

I thought it's off-topic board.

Bruce Lee learned Jiujitsu if you watch Enter The Dragon's opening scene, he incorporated some grappling techniques and had used MMA gloves even before MMA became a thing.

Anyway anything you said would be merely speculation. I don't know whether he could or not. But I made my point.

Lol, not convinced. First, that's hollywood. Second, that was not even a real shoulder or elbow lock. Any BJJ white belt could escape that hold. Bruce Lee was a freak of nature badass but fighting has evolved. The Gracies demonstrated that in the early days of UFC.

Bruce Wayne

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 04:12:50 AM »

Lol, not convinced. First, that's hollywood. Second, that was not even a real shoulder or elbow lock. Any BJJ white belt could escape that hold. Bruce Lee was a freak of nature badass but fighting has evolved. The Gracies demonstrated that in the early days of UFC.

The reasons why BJJ can work the way it's been working is because MMA is heavily modified by rules. No punching to the back, no groin and eye strike, would you still care to execute an armbar if I can squeeze your groin as hard as I can. Would you dare to close guard me if I can just lift you up and crash you to the wall/floor?

Bruce himself studied a lot of arts and if he chose not to specialize in Jiujitsu then it's probably for a reason.

MrHandsome

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2017, 04:36:31 AM »

Said a user on the other board. I actually agree to him to some extent. In the sense that if your only aspiration is to be a flyweight MMA champion, then it'd be pointless.

I personally aspire to be a giant slayer and if compete, it'd be in openweight divison. Mike Tyson and Ikuhisa Minowa have been my inspirations eventhough they're still 4-5" taller than me.

Meanwhile, martial artists such as Bruce Lee and Tony Jaa were trained to handle anyone of any height any weight any time any where and are seen as God without ever competing. It's something to aim for.

You have obviously never fought or sparred. At 5'6, there is no way that you can be some sort of giant slayer at a competitive level. At 5'6 you can be a featherweight at best.

MrHandsome

« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 04:39:56 AM »

Also secondly no one is going to respect a short fighter. Even Mcgregor is 5'9. At 5'8, I realized that there is just no point competing in martial arts and hence I have made the decision to get leg lengthening. Subsequent to my leg lengthening, I will focus on getting rich.

Alu

« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 04:47:19 AM »

I've read up on your reintroduction post here Bruce (to my surprise that you've returned and at least seem more sane of mind), and I wonder what exactly brought you back here after 2 years. You mentioned you largely were able to forget (or perhaps subdue) your height depression, but you said a couple of weeks back it came back. I have to wonder what this was? Was it legitimate discrimination or simply too much overthinking on the matter? You don't have to be detailed (I'm just wondering), but I do challenge you to some extent on the issue. Which brings me to the topic at hand:

Look there's many reasons to take up Martial Arts. To me the one that makes the most sense is control over body and mind; or in other words to be healthier and fitter. I don't think it would matter much if you aren't competing. Plus there are plenty of MMA and boxing fighters at short heights that are doing fantastic for themselves and gained massive respect (Mayweather is a prime example). This brings me to your quote:
Having the ability to beat up other men anytime anywhere is equally important to me as looking flawless aesthetically.
I really don't understand where this is coming from... when are you ever going to need to beat up any man in our modern civilized world (at seemingly random)? If you're competing, fine, but unless you're hanging out in some sketchy place about to get mugged, I really doubt you'll ever need it. In truth that's the only time I feel martial arts really has real world application; self-defense. No one is gonna come up to you at random in a normal place to pick a fight, that doesn't happen. 

onemorefoot

« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 04:57:06 AM »

Are you very good at this? If yes, with 167 you have advantages over tall fighters, they have advantages but Also disadvantage And you shouldnt waste your ability with Ll. If you are average on this there is no sense in thinking about the gold class And you should do the surgery
Budget will determine my future.

Bruce Wayne

« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 05:08:33 AM »

You have obviously never fought or sparred. At 5'6, there is no way that you can be some sort of giant slayer at a competitive level. At 5'6 you can be a featherweight at best.

Then, I'd stick to the other alternative which is being a mythical creature like Bruce Lee. Even if you beat me in competition, doesn't mean you can do the same to me on the street. It's technically very possible to me to compete in open weight division eventhough it's never been done before. If it's possible for 5'9" Minowa to defeat a 7' fighter, what's the reason for me not to beat a 6'9" fighter?

By the way, look up 5'5" Saenchai.

I've read up on your reintroduction post here Bruce (to my surprise that you've returned and at least seem more sane of mind), and I wonder what exactly brought you back here after 2 years. You mentioned you largely were able to forget (or perhaps subdue) your height depression, but you said a couple of weeks back it came back. I have to wonder what this was? Was it legitimate discrimination or simply too much overthinking on the matter? You don't have to be detailed (I'm just wondering), but I do challenge you to some extent on the issue. Which brings me to the topic at hand:

Look there's many reasons to take up Martial Arts. To me the one that makes the most sense is control over body and mind; or in other words to be healthier and fitter. I don't think it would matter much if you aren't competing. Plus there are plenty of MMA and boxing fighters at short heights that are doing fantastic for themselves and gained massive respect (Mayweather is a prime example). This brings me to your quote:I really don't understand where this is coming from... when are you ever going to need to beat up any man in our modern civilized world (at seemingly random)? If you're competing, fine, but unless you're hanging out in some sketchy place about to get mugged, I really doubt you'll ever need it. In truth that's the only time I feel martial arts really has real world application; self-defense. No one is gonna come up to you at random in a normal place to pick a fight, that doesn't happen.

Hi Alu, I totally forget that we talked before. Basically I left my home in 2016 to do practice pickup for a year. I thought about height once in a while but due to the high number of short Indonesian dudes who get laid with tourists, I thought about it much less.

Anyway, I got back home to put braces on and will be a recluse for at least another year until my teeth are completely fixed. I met my tall father and sisters, this reminds of how wrong my height is. And my father didn't want to admit his fault to force me to go to school at all costs and neglected my depression and sleep deprivation. This made me burst into anger.

Alu

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 05:12:29 AM »

Also secondly no one is going to respect a short fighter. Even Mcgregor is 5'9. At 5'8, I realized that there is just no point competing in martial arts and hence I have made the decision to get leg lengthening. Subsequent to my leg lengthening, I will focus on getting rich.

Bullcrap. First, stop projecting like always, seems you're still the same. Second, what's the point of bringing up Mcgregor's height? You seem to be forgetting he lost to Mayweather during their fight. Mayweather is probably 5'6-5'7 at most in all honesty, and he has gotten massive respect for going blow for blow with all sorts of fighters. Now I know what you will say "this is boxing and not MMA." But the point stands in this thread that proper training is a big factor and not just size. If a novice 5'10+ MMA fighter faced off against a veteran 5'6-5'9 fighter I really doubt the novice would fair well (search up the Josh Neer vs Patrick Martin fight for a prime example). Yes size matters, but I doubt McGregor or Mayweather would even want to fight heavyweights anyways; they already have their reputations solidified.

MrHandsome

« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2017, 05:20:04 AM »

Bullcrap. First, stop projecting like always, seems you're still the same. Second, what's the point of bringing up Mcgregor's height? You seem to be forgetting he lost to Mayweather during their fight. Mayweather is probably 5'6-5'7 at most in all honesty, and he has gotten massive respect for going blow for blow with all sorts of fighters. Now I know what you will say "this is boxing and not MMA." But the point stands in this thread that proper training is a big factor and not just size. If a novice 5'10+ MMA fighter faced off against a veteran 5'6-5'9 fighter I really doubt the novice would fair well (search up the Josh Neer vs Patrick Martin fight for a prime example). Yes size matters, but I doubt McGregor or Mayweather would even want to fight heavyweights anyways; they already have their reputations solidified.

Look, I'm not projecting. Men respect these guys, but women don't give a fk about them. They hate short men period. That's the end of the discussion. Now I have other issues that I need to address, which I will in the near future.

MrHandsome

« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 05:20:57 AM »

Furthermore, my story is very similar to BruceWayne's here. My parents did not tell me the importance of height, and forced me to study all the time, which I am grateful for. However, they should have told me the importance of height, and had they did I would have been able to do something about it.

Alu

« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 05:23:45 AM »

Hi Alu, I totally forget that we talked before. Basically I left my home in 2016 to do practice pickup for a year. I thought about height once in a while but due to the high number of short Indonesian dudes who get laid with tourists, I thought about it much less.

Anyway, I got back home to put braces on and will be a recluse for at least another year until my teeth are completely fixed. I met my tall father and sisters, this reminds of how wrong my height is. And my father didn't want to admit his fault to force me to go to school at all costs and neglected my depression and sleep deprivation. This made me burst into anger.

OK then yeah I can understand your situation more now then when I did 2 years ago (when, in all due respect, you were definitely a big mess). Honestly what I would say first is not to blame yourself or your parents for it. It was the luck of the draw and while it sucks royally (I know since I'm 2 inches shorter than my dad), it was clearly not our direct faults, so have peace of mind.

My biggest advice would be to sort of have the goal of LL in mind but not let it dominate you. If you want it then you'll work for it with the whatever profession you have/will have. Take everything here with a grain of salt and move on from the forums. I legit stopped visiting this place regularly 5 months ago and since then I've basically been the happiest I've ever been. It seems like you actually haven't been discriminated based height so keep that in mind. If when you do find yourself with the actual money to do LL, and still feel the need to do it, then at that point just read up on the diaries here or contact potential doctors.

Look, I'm not projecting. Men respect these guys, but women don't give a fk about them. They hate short men period. That's the end of the discussion. Now I have other issues that I need to address, which I will in the near future.

Projection 101 dude. I'm not even gonna get into this more man, besides the fact that if you really think that a girl will look at you and be disgusted because you're legit 1-2 inches below average then you're beyond mentally fked.

MrHandsome

« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017, 05:29:59 AM »

OK then yeah I can understand your situation more now then when I did 2 years ago (when, in all due respect, you were definitely a big mess). Honestly what I would say first is not to blame yourself or your parents for it. It was the luck of the draw and while it sucks royally (I know since I'm 2 inches shorter than my dad), it was clearly not our direct faults, so have peace of mind.

My biggest advice would be to sort of have the goal of LL in mind but not let it dominate you. If you want it then you'll work for it with the whatever profession you have/will have. Take everything here with a grain of salt and move on from the forums. I legit stopped visiting this place regularly 5 months ago and since then I've basically been the happiest I've ever been. It seems like you actually haven't been discriminated based height so keep that in mind. If when you do find yourself with the actual money to do LL, and still feel the need to do it, then at that point just read up on the diaries here or contact potential doctors.

Projection 101 dude. I'm not even gonna get into this more man, besides the fact that if you really think that a girl will look at you and be disgusted because you're legit 1-2 inches below average then you're beyond mentally fked.

I didn't develop this attitude withoit prior context. It has happened to me numerous times before. Women are very superficial these days and won't have sxx with a man unless he is attractive in all aspects.I

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2017, 07:12:28 AM »

The reasons why BJJ can work the way it's been working is because MMA is heavily modified by rules. No punching to the back, no groin and eye strike, would you still care to execute an armbar if I can squeeze your groin as hard as I can. Would you dare to close guard me if I can just lift you up and crash you to the wall/floor?

Bruce himself studied a lot of arts and if he chose not to specialize in Jiujitsu then it's probably for a reason.
If those rules weren't implemented then all it'd take is a groin strike and every fight would b over,theoretically, a 5 year old girl can kick a guy in the balls. Wats ur point? If u gonna get LL then get it if ur not then dont. Either way ur not affecting my life or anyone else's.

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2017, 07:13:09 AM »

Bruce Lee didn't compete in any serious fights, he competed in an amateur boxing match in high school and held unofficial matches with other martial artists (one of the most notable ones is Wong Jack Man). How it looked like, what the rules were are not clear.

Anyway it has nothing to do with the money, it has to do with pride and the feeling of self-worth. Nobody will have a doubt that Anderson Silva or Alistair Overeem would finish Johnson in a few seconds. But not all people would believe they could have done that to Bruce Lee or Tony Jaa or Jet Li.

Gonna be feeling pride-less with 500k in the bank lol

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2017, 07:15:41 AM »

But i agree, im 5'3, a black belt in BJJ and wooped almost everyone in my gym except my coach but im not signing up to any local mma fights since i'm too embarrassed by my shortness. even though i know i can quit my 9-5 job and make a better living out of mma... it is what it is. if i was 5'6 atleast then i'd do it cause its short but a reasonable male height. 5'3 as a guy is ridiculous in my opinion. besides, nobody pays attention to the flyweights/bantamweights as much. personally, i only watch 155lbs and up. the talent pool in anything under that is significantly less i've found out to be.

Bruce Wayne

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2017, 07:23:24 AM »

If those rules weren't implemented then all it'd take is a groin strike and every fight would b over,theoretically, a 5 year old girl can kick a guy in the balls. Wats ur point? If u gonna get LL then get it if ur not then dont. Either way ur not affecting my life or anyone else's.

Yes, now that raises a question of whether everyone has an equal capability of performing such deadly strikes. I'm not looking to affect anyone else's life.

But i agree, im 5'3, a black belt in BJJ and wooped almost everyone in my gym except my coach but im not signing up to any local mma fights since i'm too embarrassed by my shortness. even though i know i can quit my 9-5 job and make a better living out of mma... it is what it is. if i was 5'6 atleast then i'd do it cause its short but a reasonable male height. 5'3 as a guy is ridiculous in my opinion. besides, nobody pays attention to the flyweights/bantamweights as much. personally, i only watch 155lbs and up. the talent pool in anything under that is significantly less i've found out to be.

Now you start sounding like a troll. Anyway, a reasonable male height would be like 5'8".

« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2017, 07:29:42 AM »

Man look saenchai is like 5'5 maybe 5'4 and he makes taller dudes like 5'10-5'11 ish fall by a little love tap leg kick just work out ur thigh muscles thats where the real strength of kicks come from and sign with some organization that lets u fight bigger opponents save money retire do LL

« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2017, 07:31:24 AM »

Now you start sounding like a troll. Anyway, a reasonable male height would be like 5'8".
Dont understand how a real life situation can be false also 5'6-5'7 is short but reasonable and common in males definitely less embarrassing than 5'3 so to speak.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2017, 12:31:27 PM »

But I think what the user meant is it's pointless in terms of attracting women as women will not drool over and people will not respect a flyweight fighter like Johnson as much as they do over someone like Overeem or Anthony Joshua which is not wrong. That's why I made the point in the OP.

What happened to "different people have different tastes"? Some women might drool over the tall heavyweight boxer hunk, others might find that body type totally unappealing or even be put off by such dudes. Some women might find the flyweight fighter cute. This fascination that dudes have with attracting the highest theoretical number of females is beyond me. Do you want to have sxx with 1000 women? You only need one girl who thinks you are the hottest guy in the world. To think that the only reason a man would engage in martial arts is getting pussy is so pathetic...pussy worshipping at the worst.

And MrDumbsome of course spouting his ridiculous nonsense as usual...he must be one of the most retarded posters in this forum, or at least be in the top 5.

MrHandsome

« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2017, 02:22:12 PM »

You're just showing how insecure you are with your name calling.

Maybe you want to attract one woman and that's fine. In my case I would like a wider dating pool. Does that make sense or not?

Body Builder

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2017, 02:55:06 PM »

If someone could attract only a few women while another one thousands, guess who will find the best for him and live a happy life.

The less successes you have in dating the worse your love mate will be as someone who is unattractive will attract only unattractive women too who can't find someone better.
If someone is ok withh that then lets marry the first ugly fat womanhe would find and leave us alone.
No sane man would have been ok with that though.

Bruce Wayne

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2017, 01:58:37 AM »

What happened to "different people have different tastes"? Some women might drool over the tall heavyweight boxer hunk, others might find that body type totally unappealing or even be put off by such dudes. Some women might find the flyweight fighter cute. This fascination that dudes have with attracting the highest theoretical number of females is beyond me. Do you want to have sxx with 1000 women? You only need one girl who thinks you are the hottest guy in the world. To think that the only reason a man would engage in martial arts is getting pussy is so pathetic...pussy worshipping at the worst.

And MrDumbsome of course spouting his ridiculous nonsense as usual...he must be one of the most retarded posters in this forum, or at least be in the top 5.

I agree with everything you said except that I want to have sxx with 1000 women indeed (or 100 to sound more realistic) and that white women in general would be into tall jacked heavyweight boxers type. A small percentage of women who have unusual fetishes might find the flyweight ones more attractive but I'm not very sure too.

biggerdreams

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2017, 03:42:57 AM »

This is not true at all, the Gracies disassembled strikers before all those rules were put into place. Would I close guard in a real fight? No. But armbars and closing guard is just scratching the surface of BJJ. There is a difference between sports BJJ and martial arts BJJ. The latter is much more devastating.

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2017, 10:43:05 PM »

What's with the betamale threads lately
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up