Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL could make you taller and change your life, but at what cost?  (Read 890 times)

I was thinking about this analogy. Says someone wanted to be rich and he ended up his wealthy parents. Would it be worth it?

The idea of LL is to cripple your legs to be taller. It's a solutions. We gain something but we lose other thing.

Growing up I never imagined that I'd end up the height I am now. I just didn't think it was likely. And yes, at one point of my life, it came as the biggest shock in my life. I've been suffering for it all these years and I accept that I will always do for the rest of my life. It will haunt me.

I start to see my height as a handicap that gives some kind of meaning to my life, something to overcome.

We want our path to be smooth, but most people don't get to ride on flat road.

myloginacct

Re: LL could make you taller and change your life, but at what cost?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 10:05:43 PM »

If LL was easy, low-risk, had little long term consequences, and was cheap even with good doctors, then I'd say for all men on the shorter side to go ahead and get it done. Sadly, this is not reality.

I start to see my height as a handicap that gives some kind of meaning to my life, something to overcome.

That's a good way to see it. You're a fighter, are you not? Lots of people are born with horrible, chronic diseases and/or conditions, and they still manage to be happier than a lot of people here. Yes, including ones who have those conditions and are short.

You only have one life. Depression is a serious issue that shouldn't be taken lightly, but you don't want to spend all your life moping around.

psilocybe

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2018, 06:19:33 AM »

Not to hijack your thread but I wish LL Forum had a "How tall are you?" field that has to be filled out when registering so people can get a better idea of where posters are coming from when they make comments. I tend to respect opinions more coming from abnormally short people and scoff at the ones coming from guy's who are 5'9 but think their life was over before it began because they're not 6'0.

myloginacct

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2018, 07:38:06 AM »

Not to hijack your thread but I wish LL Forum had a "How tall are you?" field that has to be filled out when registering so people can get a better idea of where posters are coming from when they make comments. I tend to respect opinions more coming from abnormally short people and scoff at the ones coming from guy's who are 5'9 but think their life was over before it began because they're not 6'0.

Most members here seem to be between 5'3~5'7. The ones who are taller than that seem to be from taller countries. Then there are a couple fellows who are indeed tall in their own countries, but still want LL. But each to their own.
Pages: [1]   Go Up