Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The height obsession in the US is ridiculous  (Read 4306 times)

MrHandsome

The height obsession in the US is ridiculous
« on: October 07, 2017, 11:04:25 AM »

Literally you are disqualified if you are short. That's why I am planning to do a safe lengthening of 5cm and then pray for the best.

Android

Re: The height obsession in the US is ridiculous
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 07:06:56 AM »

In the US myself, I'm considered short even if I was 5cm taller. Too bad "shortshaming" isn't a thing.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Jack1066

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 06:39:13 PM »

The UK isn't that different to the USA and I don't feel disqualified.

Matilda

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 09:05:26 AM »

I actually think that everywhere in the world people are obsessed with their height (and weight too). I am both ::)

extremis

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2017, 09:56:25 PM »

There's nowhere on earth where being tall isn't heavily preferred, and people who are shorter than average aren't discriminated against.

And if you think "height obsession" is bad in the U.S., thank your lucky stars you weren't born ANYWHERE in Asia, ESPECIALLY not South Korea. Sex or a relationship as a short man is a distant fantasy for short men in that country.

LLSouthAmerica

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2017, 12:41:01 AM »

Maybe women from the US think they are entitled to their "dream" guy which is tall dark and handsome... I think from speaking with many users on the forum, girls there are EXTREMELY superficial.
Went from 164 to 170 cm
Former Guichet nail patient

Android

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2017, 01:04:47 AM »

Something I read today on Wikipedia regarding height discrimination.

...research by Dan Ariely found that American women exhibit a marked preference for dating taller men, and that for shorter men to be judged attractive by women, they must earn substantially more money than taller men.

Ariely found that a 5'4" man would need to make $229,000 more than a 6' man to have equal appeal; a 5'6" man would need $183,000 more; a 5'10" man would need $32,000 more.

5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Knik

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 05:03:12 PM »

I personnally think that it is because basketball culture where everybody is listed at 6'6 (at least)
Looking for Pili

myloginacct

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2017, 12:25:11 AM »

People are markedly more obsessed with height in the US than in other countries. I don't know the reason why. It shows up statistically in studies about height preferences around the world.

Android

« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2017, 12:49:12 AM »

People are markedly more obsessed with height in the US than in other countries. I don't know the reason why. It shows up statistically in studies about height preferences around the world.

The Hollywood machine keeps reiterating that taller men are leaders and are sex symbols. Idioms I'm sure help as well: look up to, stand tall, big and proud, go big or go home, bigger is better, falling short, short tempered, head and shoulders above the rest, etc.

Then there are the high heels, women typically want the man to be taller with heels on. Here's a breakdown by state, maybe states with more flats don't care about height differences as much. Not enough data to compare with other countries.

google42

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2017, 02:48:56 AM »

The Hollywood machine keeps reiterating that taller men are leaders and are sxx symbols. Idioms I'm sure help as well: look up to, stand tall, big and proud, go big or go home, bigger is better, falling short, short tempered, head and shoulders above the rest, etc.

Then there are the high heels, women typically want the man to be taller with heels on. Here's a breakdown by state, maybe states with more flats don't care about height differences as much. Not enough data to compare with other countries.
I don't understand this sometimes. Women want to be shorter than there partners usually and want to feel cute and protected, yet they wear high heels which does the opposite of what they want.

Knik

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2017, 02:30:22 PM »

Quick historical update to show you that height obsession is not something new. I recently had a work about greek visions on black / african societies. Being tall is always associated with beauty, both physical and moral. About the Ethiopians met by the Cambyse Embassy, Herodotus (greek historian) described them as "the tallest and best of all men". He also said that "they consider that man worthy to be their king whom they judge to be tallest and to have strength proportional to his stature" (Third book) - http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text?doc=Perseus:text:1999.01.0126:book=3:chapter=20 - We could imagine that Zoskales (or Za Haqala), first king of Axum was giant. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_kings_of_Axum
Scylax described Ethiopian people as the tallest know : between 4 cubits (1m80) and 5 cubits (2m20). Britons were described as very tall by Strabo but at the contrary they are judged as poorly done : " I myself, in Rome, saw mere lads towering as much as half a foot above the tallest people in the city, although they were bandy-legged and presented no fair lines anywhere else in their figure" - http://www.chobham.info/strabo.htm -
(It's funny, because that considerations reminds me exactly what I see on forum : average amazingly tall in Netherlands / Germany / Belgium. So there is not much credit to give to that considerations)
Herodotus also mentionnes Pygmies but he never saw them, he don't believe stories about them. These comment is useful, just for our general culture. It's a beginning of interest to anthropology.

(I know that the USA have a lot of defaults. Too many in my opinion, that's why I dislike this country. But height obsession is not limited to this country. I would even say that it's worse in China. Basketball is the main problem in the USA, out of that there is not a real obsession. Does people like Tacko Fall really deserved their popularity just because they are tall ? He don't even want to be a baller. Hollywood actors are not especially tall (except if you consider their self claim). In my country, and even in most european countries that I visited I don't notice a height obsession out of internet. Of course height have is importance in seduction. Some environments like modelling are giving attention to that (but way less that sport) and creating complex. I say it again, but internet is a vector of our complex.)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 05:01:30 PM by theophilo »
Looking for Pili

Body Builder

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2017, 03:25:43 PM »

No Theophilo, I don't give a   about what internet says about height where 6.1 is considered average and men are ok after 6.3 which is a height I'd never want to be.

But my height complex comes from real life when I everyday see tall men with average at best faces and bad bodies (skinny or chumpy) with hot women everyday while I hardly see men less than 5.8-5.9 with good looking women.
The same happens at clubs where only tall men hit good looking women while short men don't even dare to look at them because they know that the rejection is sure.

So internet is, as always, out of reality but that does not mean that short men and even average ones have hard times on meeting new women and have the attention that tall men have, even most of the times they are not good looking.
I have a very nice face and 48cm arms and although some women who don't have strict height requirements do like crazy for me, others who have just don't give me a second look while if I was 7-8 cm more they would do like crazy too because I am much better in every other aspect from the dudes they date.
So the cause of my complex is the reality, not internet and the lunatics they write there.
Thats why I am completely ok with a height like 1.80 and I don't believe that I need even 1cm more to be as I want to be, although for internet anything else than 6.1 is short.

MrHandsome

« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2017, 03:33:24 PM »

Bodybuilder what's your ethnicity? Ethnicity also plays a big factor in dating whether people like to admit it or not.

Body Builder

« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2017, 03:48:10 PM »

I am Caucasian. Normal skin (not pale nor dark) colour, brown-green eyes and dark hair with side part hair style that I groom every 3 weeks max and beard.
As you see I am not asian or black or bald or ginger and all these.
I am a classic man who takes care of himself and his only drawback is height.

MrHandsome

« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2017, 03:55:18 PM »

I am Caucasian. Normal skin (not pale nor dark) colour, brown-green eyes and dark hair with side part hair style that I groom every 3 weeks max and beard.
As you see I am not asian or black or bald or ginger and all these.
I am a classic man who takes care of himself and his only drawback is height.

It is surprising then that women still mention your height. This serves as further evidence to support the assertion that height is the most sought after trait in men by women.

Body Builder

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2017, 04:14:59 PM »

It is surprising then that women still mention your height. This serves as further evidence to support the assertion that height is the most sought after trait in men by women.
I know my friend.
I am an 1.74 (evening height) caucasian man with dark hair, an easily better than average face, a built body, an always meticulous style and a 2008 bmw.
But still in places that see only my appearance like clubs I have a harder time than the average tall dude although they are worse than me most of the times in anything except from the height.

So I know what I am talking about when I say that short men are invisible to women and close to average height men should be really good in all other aspects to have some successes.
Personally I got bored to try to be excellent in anything only to comoensate for my (almost completely average!) height thats why I relax now with my blonde gf and try to not be so active in flirting game as I used to be while I gather money for my second LL which is the only way to change dramatically my successes and make me feel completely ok with myself.

lucindaris

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2017, 04:48:32 PM »

Still people trying to find a decent women in clubs? Are you looking for gf or you want to get laid(use hooker then lol). You will not find and meet a good one in this kind of place.

Knik

« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2017, 05:00:06 PM »

I agree, clubs is not the ideal place to meet girls. But I also understand it, it becomes so hard to flirt outside these spaces. Also I think that at 5'9 you can date beautiful girls. But we are not from the same country, then it can change. And I never went to club.
Looking for Pili

myloginacct

« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2017, 09:51:18 PM »

Still people trying to find a decent women in clubs? Are you looking for gf or you want to get laid(use working girl then lol). You will not find and meet a good one in this kind of place.

That's one of the main problems in these forums. People seem to have a heavy interest in/preference for the kind of women they can't have with their current selves, or who would otherwise not be interested in them (I understand it's human nature, but still). You can easily date taller/good looking women if you're special about something in a niche these same women are in. Or even being special in any way at all. Hyperbole, of course, but a lot of people here seem to think a good looking/taller, classically trained female musician would reject Paganini because he was short. That's blatantly not true.

EDIT: I actually hate making posts like this, objectifying women based on their appearance, but it is needed to properly illustrate a reality without sugarcoating it. You can still have very good looking women without being taller, but you'll have to look for in the right places, and be special in the right ways.

psilocybe

« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2017, 11:12:43 AM »

I know my friend.
I am an 1.74 (evening height)

1.74 what? Meters? That's 5'7 in the US. Women who go clubbing are specifically looking for the tallest, hottest men they can find. That way, they can have bragging rights and boast to their friends. They're much more shallow than your average woman, and your average woman is pretty shallow to begin with. Per the thread I just submitted, I'd say of all the women with height requirements, 5'7 is the average minimum for women who are taller than 5'3. In other words, most women between 4'11 and 5'6 will have no qualms about a guy that's 5'7. For every inch below, subtract 25% from the potential pool of women out there.

Again, there are thousands and thousands and thousands of 5'7 men in any given urban area who are not concerned about their height, who have very pretty girlfriends, etc

Knik

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2017, 02:25:18 PM »

174 is about 5'8 / 5'9, not 5'7
and that's way over female average
Looking for Pili

Body Builder

« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2017, 03:07:44 PM »

That's one of the main problems in these forums. People seem to have a heavy interest in/preference for the kind of women they can't have with their current selves, or who would otherwise not be interested in them (I understand it's human nature, but still). You can easily date taller/good looking women if you're special about something in a niche these same women are in. Or even being special in any way at all. Hyperbole, of course, but a lot of people here seem to think a good looking/taller, classically trained female musician would reject Paganini because he was short. That's blatantly not true.

EDIT: I actually hate making posts like this, objectifying women based on their appearance, but it is needed to properly illustrate a reality without sugarcoating it. You can still have very good looking women without being taller, but you'll have to look for in the right places, and be special in the right ways.
Me like 99,9% of population are not special in excellent in anything. And it is the most stupid thing to believe that the alternate choice of having a normal-good appearance (height included which is the most important aspect in a man's appearance together with face) is to be a genius or an excellent artist etc just to have some good looking women with an ok character.
So I don't plan to become a genious only to attract some specific women who may be attracted to that kind of man, I just want to have an average and a little more height,a good body and my manners to be able to (try to) attract the women I want. But my only obstacle is still my height, nit as before but still a drawback.
So I don't plan to become 0,1% of population, neither I can. I will become 1.80-1 and I'll be completely ok with myself and I believe that I'll have much better success in the opposite gender too.
1.74 what? Meters? That's 5'7 in the US. Women who go clubbing are specifically looking for the tallest, hottest men they can find. That way, they can have bragging rights and boast to their friends. They're much more shallow than your average woman, and your average woman is pretty shallow to begin with. Per the thread I just submitted, I'd say of all the women with height requirements, 5'7 is the average minimum for women who are taller than 5'3. In other words, most women between 4'11 and 5'6 will have no qualms about a guy that's 5'7. For every inch below, subtract 25% from the potential pool of women out there.

Again, there are thousands and thousands and thousands of 5'7 men in any given urban area who are not concerned about their height, who have very pretty girlfriends, etc
Wrong.
First of all 1.74 is 5.85 as theophilo said. Also, most women have a minimum requirement of 1.70-5.7 if they are 5.3 at max. Taller woman have most of the times a minimum 5.9-1.75 height requierement and still if someone is very good at all the other aspects. For a normal guy most of them wants someone to be 1.80 and more as most of women today are with heels on more than 1.75, so they want to have a differemce with their man.
And yes they are thousands of 5.7 men who have pretty gfs but there are thousands×100 of 5.10+ men who they are not better than average in every other aspect and have good looking gfs too and much more and easier than the 5.7 men you mentioned who, except from height, I am almost sure they are better in most other traits compared to taller men.
5.7 is the last border for someone to not be considered very short but still things are hard with women at that height. For every inch added things get better up to 5.11 where extra height has much less impact and after 6.2-3 every extra inch starts to become a drawback.
But no, 5.7 is not ok for most of women, it is ok for at max 50% of women and and for every inch more that percentage is increased by about 10%.

KrP1

« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2017, 06:10:08 PM »

Me like 99,9% of population are not special in excellent in anything. And it is the most stupid thing to believe that the alternate choice of having a normal-good appearance (height included which is the most important aspect in a man's appearance together with face) is to be a genius or an excellent artist etc just to have some good looking women with an ok character.
So I don't plan to become a genious only to attract some specific women who may be attracted to that kind of man, I just want to have an average and a little more height,a good body and my manners to be able to (try to) attract the women I want. But my only obstacle is still my height, nit as before but still a drawback.
So I don't plan to become 0,1% of population, neither I can. I will become 1.80-1 and I'll be completely ok with myself and I believe that I'll have much better success in the opposite gender too.Wrong.
First of all 1.74 is 5.85 as theophilo said. Also, most women have a minimum requirement of 1.70-5.7 if they are 5.3 at max. Taller woman have most of the times a minimum 5.9-1.75 height requierement and still if someone is very good at all the other aspects. For a normal guy most of them wants someone to be 1.80 and more as most of women today are with heels on more than 1.75, so they want to have a differemce with their man.
And yes they are thousands of 5.7 men who have pretty gfs but there are thousands×100 of 5.10+ men who they are not better than average in every other aspect and have good looking gfs too and much more and easier than the 5.7 men you mentioned who, except from height, I am almost sure they are better in most other traits compared to taller men.
5.7 is the last border for someone to not be considered very short but still things are hard with women at that height. For every inch added things get better up to 5.11 where extra height has much less impact and after 6.2-3 every extra inch starts to become a drawback.
But no, 5.7 is not ok for most of women, it is ok for at max 50% of women and and for every inch more that percentage is increased by about 10%.

+1 i cant see any post of you in this forum where i dont agree with your opinions.

Mariobro

« Reply #24 on: December 31, 2017, 05:14:10 AM »

174 is 5,9 not 5,7.   5,7 is 170cm

Android

« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2017, 10:03:06 AM »

Side note, I've used Google's conversions for heights in the past, not that great. I'd refer to a chart like this one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up