Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Doctor selection  (Read 1590 times)

arleyale

• Visitor
Doctor selection
« on: October 08, 2017, 02:06:09 PM »

I'm new to the forum and have enjoyed reading the information from the diaries.  I'm interested in pursuing LL within the next 2 years. I'm looking to do only 5-6 cm.  I'm leaning towards internal femur because of fewer complications than the tibia and faster rehabilitation time.

After looking over relative cost vs quality, I'm getting the impression Dr. Pili and Dr. Mahboubian are solid choices for quality, but more cost effective than Paley or Rozbruch.  It sounds like there are too many bad experiences in Russia and India to take a risk.  Are Pili and Mahboubian decent options, or are there other doctors I should consider?  Does anyone have any idea about their latest costs.  I've sent them emails, but I haven't received any contact back.

FDR101

Re: Doctor selection
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 03:33:44 PM »

From what I know Pili and Catagni are very experienced with externals for tibia, but for internal femurs I'd swap Pili with Monegal in list of docs to consider.

Zeo

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 05:51:32 AM »

Dr. Pili would be my #1 choice for external tibias, but I don't think he has that experienced in internal femurs/I dont think its cost effective.

Despite all the controversy im not counting Monegal out, but honestly I really don't know what to beleive about him at this point. Dr Birkholtz also looks very promising but unfortunately there is not alot of experiences written about him.

Honestly dont count Dr. Parihar out for internal femurs just because he's in India, from what i read he does good work with internal femurs.

And well Dr. M, he seemed promising and i love his location but with all the drama idk anymore, then again that was a looong time ago so i wonder if his CLL clientelle substantially dropped after that, i mean when was the last time you heard about someone doing LL with Dr. M, let alone a diary.
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 05:17:13 AM »

Dr. Pili would be my #1 choice for external tibias, but I don't think he has that experienced in internal femurs/I dont think its cost effective.

Despite all the controversy im not counting Monegal out, but honestly I really don't know what to beleive about him at this point. Dr Birkholtz also looks very promising but unfortunately there is not alot of experiences written about him.

Honestly dont count Dr. Parihar out for internal femurs just because he's in India, from what i read he does good work with internal femurs.

And well Dr. M, he seemed promising and i love his location but with all the drama idk anymore, then again that was a looong time ago so i wonder if his CLL clientelle substantially dropped after that, i mean when was the last time you heard about someone doing LL with Dr. M, let alone a diary.

Can you advise on Pilis cost for external tibia/ thanks

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 05:24:26 AM »

Can you advise on Pilis cost for external tibia/ thanks
20k €
Budget will determine my future.

MirinHeight

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 05:30:25 AM »

20k €

Pilli is a great option. Im scared of going to European countries tho with the terrorist threats and attacks
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2017, 06:02:42 AM »

20k €

Thanks a lot. Any idea what does it include and what not?

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2017, 06:06:42 AM »

Pilli is a great option. Im scared of going to European countries tho with the terrorist threats and attacks

???? statistically speaking you are as safe or safer in Europe then in US, also statistically your probability of dying in violence is like 1/100000000000000000000 , so what are talking about? You should be more worried about other things, for example - I m worried about going to South Africa (Birkholtz is a target doctor for me) because every one in six people there have AIDS, or going to India (Parihar is another target doctor) because 90% food is adulterated (dont want upset stomach when on LL).

onemorefoot

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2017, 02:07:50 PM »

Thanks a lot. Any idea what does it include and what not?
Surgery plus three days in hospital, you May need achilles tendon lengthening And that costs 5k €
Budget will determine my future.

Datum

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2017, 08:38:49 PM »

From what I know Pili and Catagni are very experienced with externals for tibia, but for internal femurs I'd swap Pili with Monegal in list of docs to consider.

I wouldn't consider Monegal (some terrible results and lack of ethics). Apart from terrorists attacks you have in Barcelona independence process and civil war risks. :P
Banned: Using Multiple Accounts (Datum)
Pages: [1]   Go Up