Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: GBP Got a little stronger against USD  (Read 3883 times)

Generic

• Visitor
GBP Got a little stronger against USD
« on: October 01, 2013, 09:28:52 PM »

The $60k I'm trying to save just got a little cheaper today at just over £37k

Any thoughts on how the USD will be further affected with the ongoing US gov shutdown?
Please note I'm not the real Slim Shady or Sysop!

Sweden

Re: GBP Got a little stronger against USD
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 10:57:32 PM »

What the H*ll are you talking about?? :o
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Carter

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 11:01:38 PM »

You made history, this is the first totally non LL related topic I've seen here.  Lol.  But yea, most of us are saving up for limb lengthening surgery so....  which doctor are you planning to go for ?

I see the USD going down as long as the U.S government keep fighting each other (that's the irony). This could take weeks to resolve,   I'm sure they'll fix it eventually,  but it's a laughing stock at the moment.   

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 11:26:28 PM »

Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Sweden

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2013, 12:21:22 AM »

I just got it  ;D
Guess I'm beyond tired!!
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

Generic

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2013, 06:18:48 PM »

You made history, this is the first totally non LL related topic I've seen here.  Lol.  But yea, most of us are saving up for limb lengthening surgery so....  which doctor are you planning to go for ? 

I was pretty set on Dr M with the Precice 2 or Betz but I'm at a loss right now. I think I need to get out there and have some consults and meet all the patients that I can.

I had the perception that the Precice will be the least painfull and easiest option especially when compared to the Betzbone as I dont like the idea of twisting the distraction site whilst the new bone is forming. But then theres the weight bearning benefit of Betzbone which we are now fast finding out that it dosent appear to be as weight bearing as Betz claims, OldiebutGoodie springs to mind as he was slim and light but still had issues.

In short (no pun intended) I'm at a loss of who I should go with. I know that I dont fancy India or China. I guess I'll just have to keep researching and watching the diaries and consider Dr Guichet.

I have high hopes for this site as we need some unbiased patients diaries where we can gleam true lessons learned and good success stories.

I see the USD going down as long as the U.S government keep fighting each other (that's the irony). This could take weeks to resolve,   I'm sure they'll fix it eventually,  but it's a laughing stock at the moment.

Yeah I hear you, for us brits a US operation is almost $1k cheaper today than it was a couple of weeks ago. I may wait and see what happens and set an auto buy with my savings if it hits $1.8 to the £1 - kerching!

I just got it  ;D
Guess I'm beyond tired!!

No prob, guess I'm lucky we dont have Karma setup yet as you would have mashed me  :D

I've followed your diary from the beginning, you seem to be making really good and steady progress from where you were not so long ago.

Best wishes.
Please note I'm not the real Slim Shady or Sysop!

TomD

• Private
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2013, 07:21:23 PM »

Markets are starting to get restless with the Gov shutdown and impending debt ceiling crisis. I would short the US dollar right now.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up