Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Experience Lengthening in Vietnam April to September 2017  (Read 8453 times)

dean9191

Re: My Experience Lengthening in Vietnam April to September 2017
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2017, 02:30:27 PM »

Are you planning to do femur or tibia?

Android

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2017, 04:36:34 PM »

I also agree to what arnold saying. This forum has such a toxicity for patients from india and other asain countries. I know a 100% genuine patient at dr.sarins guest house who doesn't want to start a thread here and get constantly discouraged during his ll journey.

I live in the US and visited India for the first time for a hair transplant in 2014. I went alone and I happened to go during cyclone season so it was hell, but dammit, the doctor was awesome and the price was great. Stayed at a five star hotel for $99 a night, felt like a king.

It really did open my eyes, and it gives me hope that other countries might be as good, but we definitely need more information. The fact is that CLL is a lot more obscure than hair transplants, so the forums aren't as active. This means less English-speaking users taking the plunge, so less diaries. This is why we tend to focus on a handful of doctors around the world since the sample size is so small.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Android

« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2017, 04:52:38 PM »

There is a reason why people are skeptical. This surgery will ruin your life for good if it ends bad. There is a lot of money involved and it is not unthinkable that certain people would attempt to market themselves here by painting a glorified picture of the outcome.

I have a hard time believing a 7 cm increase on Tibias would have OP walking normally again 6 months after the first surgery. Furthermore Achilles Tendon lengthening is not mentioned, which would be odd at that amount in tibia.

There are lots of verified diary’s from people doing this in safer countries to a higher price and I’ve personally never seen evidence that anyone recovers that fast or even at all from 7 cm’s to tibia.

I’m not saying his post isn’t real, but he of all people must understand that everyone considering and researching this procedure is going to be on the defensive and be skeptical.

Agreed, the skepticism is warranted; we can't get replacement metal legs after all. I think the problem is that we sometimes end up attacking the OPs or at least spin conspiracies; the thread gets derailed and turns into hearsay. Not sure if OP is coming back, but if we assume for a second that he's legitimate, I wouldn't be surprised if he decides to avoid this mess and focus on his recovery instead.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up