Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How long does the recovery take?  (Read 1273 times)

Useful dude

• Visitor
How long does the recovery take?
« on: October 11, 2017, 12:41:00 AM »

So i am doing femurs internals and I am just wondering how long does the recovery take? I am almost done distraction, i am at 5,5cm right now, so I have half cm to go to get this 6cm complete.
Fortunately, I dont feel any pain there is reasonable amount of new bone based on the recent xrays..
So for those who've done LL and are similar to where I stand at, how long did it take you to recover and being able to walk again? Did you just go for crutches right away after you finished distraction. I need to hear some of your thoughts about this

Re: How long does the recovery take?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 12:42:14 AM »

u got a doctor dont u?

Useful dude

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 12:56:52 AM »

Yeah but not all doctors agree on the same thing .. just wanted to have an overview about the recovery session based on others point of view and experiements

Winterishere

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 02:44:11 AM »

Usually consolidation in the form of full weight bearing takes the amount of time in which you lengthened. So with a 6cm lengthening (i'm assuming at a 1mm a day) during your distraction phase that would be 60 days. Therefore you're looking at around 2 months before your bones will be consolidated enough to fully weight bear. in terms of playing sports I would say 1-2 months after you are fully weight bearing, you should be able to play them at a presentable level. In terms of a full recovery there really is no exact time frame. Although based on conjecture I would say it can fluctuate anywhere between 8months -  5 years. Everyones body is different but the worst thing you could do is rush your recovery. Listen to your body and don't push yourself beyond what you feel you are capable of as it will only lead to further complications. Good luck and hope this helped!

lldude

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 06:19:06 AM »

Friend, why the fk are you asking us this when you are in the middle of the process yourself? Did you perform the surgery yourself? If not, how about asking pertinent questions to the Dr which now has thousands of your hard earned money in his bank account? He is there for you.

alps

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2017, 09:09:53 AM »

Post your xray. Veterans might be able to suggest based on your healing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up