Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 6.5 cm Tibia + 8 cm Fémur (Opinons please)  (Read 2235 times)

jakejake98

6.5 cm Tibia + 8 cm Fémur (Opinons please)
« on: October 14, 2017, 05:27:06 AM »

Hello,
This post won't be about proportions but about recovering based on the amount of cms I'll get.

Basically, I will be having 2 surgeries with Dr Paley, which will ideally be 8cm on the femur and 6.5 cm on Tibia. Since this is apparently the 'max gain' listed by Dr Paley, do you think this is safe? Since I've already checked proportions and I have the torso of many 6 foot guys since I got short legs, but my wingspan is still something like 172cm, so I would be 12cm below my wingspan, which is 6.5 less on each arm to someone of 185 cm wingspan.

Anyways, are these amounts safe? I just think of it, if I'm doing these surgeries, I might as well go for the max gain since I've chosen what is considered the best and most experienced doctor? Please give me opinions, I won't be doing this until 2-3 years because I'm still 16 and based on how much I grow, I might only go for one surgery. But are 2 surgeries safe with dr palsy?

Thank you.

MirinHeight

Re: 6.5 cm Tibia + 8 cm Fémur (Opinons please)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2017, 07:11:24 AM »

Hello,
This post won't be about proportions but about recovering based on the amount of cms I'll get.

Basically, I will be having 2 surgeries with Dr Paley, which will ideally be 8cm on the femur and 6.5 cm on Tibia. Since this is apparently the 'max gain' listed by Dr Paley, do you think this is safe? Since I've already checked proportions and I have the torso of many 6 foot guys since I got short legs, but my wingspan is still something like 172cm, so I would be 12cm below my wingspan, which is 6.5 less on each arm to someone of 185 cm wingspan.

Anyways, are these amounts safe? I just think of it, if I'm doing these surgeries, I might as well go for the max gain since I've chosen what is considered the best and most experienced doctor? Please give me opinions, I won't be doing this until 2-3 years because I'm still 16 and based on how much I grow, I might only go for one surgery. But are 2 surgeries safe with dr palsy?

Thank you.

you are 16 yo and you are going to be getting two ll surgeries with dr. paley in 2-3 years? 
youll have 200k saved up by then? just curious
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Bander72

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2017, 07:32:10 AM »

No even with paley 8 cm is a lot. One user here had his leg snap from walking too quickly. You should honestly lower to 6.5 cm on both. And how the he'll can you afford this if you are 16?
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

lldude

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 08:01:13 AM »

No even with paley 8 cm is a lot. One user here had his leg snap from walking too quickly. You should honestly lower to 6.5 cm on both. And how the he'll can you afford this if you are 16?

Damn. Can you link me to the thread?

Op, how tall are you? How about going with 7 on femurs and 5 on tibias?

jakejake98

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 08:06:49 AM »

Yeah, I'll be able to afford it, my concern is not the money, and yes, 6.5-6.5 segments would make me 6 foot which is more than enough, but the way I see it, is = I am paying this money for breaking my legs, isn't it a good idea to try to get as much cm as possible? Like I've seen myself with several 183 segments and I look fine, so pushing it to 185 wouldn't make that much a difference? Even though I have a short wingspan, over all I have Long arms. I don't know how it works, but I have longer arms than one of my 180 cm Friends.

I'm 16 still, so I'm not sure if I'll grow much more? But since 15 I've been drinking and smoking a lot, and now at 16, I'm starting to be more healthy, so I quit smoking and drinking and I'm going to start Swimming, because I want to maximise my potential of growing. Do you guys think it's possible that I hit 174.5cm?

I consider 6' the ideal height. Although everyone has differently ideas of ideal. I don't want to be tall, I just don't want to be short, and I've heard 6'2+ = tall, 6' = above average. Since I live in a place where the average is 183cm~, it's difficult to be 169cm, and my Brother is like 187 cm, my mum 160 and dad 178

jakejake98

« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 08:09:55 AM »

Damn. Can you link me to the thread?

Op, how tall are you? How about going with 7 on femurs and 5 on tibias?
I don't know, I measured myself so many times and I came out as 172cm, then I was measured and came 170cm, but lately everytime I measured myself I come around 168.7 cm...

What about 7+6? 7 femur, tibia 6?
I'm not sure yet, all I know is I want to increase at least to 6 foot and this depends what height i am at 18! For example, if I was 172, I could do 5 femur and 5 Tibia would sounds more reasonable (?)

But I don't know, for example, if I end up being 175, which would be a dream, I feel as if I would try to be 185, like I've always loved the idea of being 6' or 6'1.

Because I know for a fact I would still feel insecure being 175 so I would still have surgery, so I could either have 7 cm femur, from 175 cm to 182 cm, or 5 cm segments to 185.

Anyways, I'm sticking to 6' for now. I don't know, it's just when I'm offered 6' and I know there's a possibility of being a little above 6', I want to take it. Opinions?

FDR101

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 09:14:01 AM »

Your body pays a heavy price for every cm that you lengthen.

There are lots of diary’s of people who push femurs to 7-8 cm’s and then years later still haven’t had full consolidation.

Then lengthening Tibias by 6.5 cm you will probably need AL surgery.

You have to know that doing this surgery, if you are lucky, you will be able to walk okay and run slow in 2 years post op.

If you are unlucky you will be on crutches or in a wheelchair for life.

For dual LL i would max do 5 cm femur and 4 cm tibia, even then I’d be happy if I could walk normally again 2-4 years post op.

Bleda

• Visitor
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2017, 09:19:39 AM »

I think it's a good idea to wait until 18-19 to see if you grow much more. If you haven't reached your desired height by 19 there's very little chance you'll get there without LL. Getting LL so young you will probably have an easier time of it as the youngsters are still generally made of rubber. And if you have the time and the finances and the will power to do both segments then you're in a great position. You can get it all out of the way and start your adult life at your new height and with LL behind you. Very jelly.  :D

As for lengths, I personally think you should stick with equal lengths on the tibias and femurs to preserve bio mechanics and also aesthetics. So 6.5cm on each would probably be the max I would go. 13cm is still an excellent gain.

Personally, when I started my LL journey, like most people I was just dead-set on gaining the max amount of height I could. The plan was to do both segments and end up around 6'. I started with femurs and did 7.5cm, which is crazy to most people here. But then after I was recovered enough a crazy thing happened. I became totally content with my height and stopped caring being taller at all. However I'm not satisfied with my leg proportions as I feel my upper leg looks too long compared to my lower leg and I also can no longer do things like squat on my heels flat footed without falling backwards. I also feel that the new bio-mechanics negatively impacts my athleticism. Mind you LL itself also negatively impacts athleticism! The only way to fix this would be to get another LL on tibias, but you have to really want it to go through LL and I just don't really want it anymore.

Also I think to get back to any kind of decent bio-mechanics I'd have to do at least 5-6cm and I just feel I'd end up being a bit too tall for my frame. If I could go back, in an ideal world, I would probably just do 5, maybe 5.5cm on each segment and call it a day and I know I'd be happy.

Anyway, that's just me. You've still got a coupe of years to think about it, so decide well!

Overdozer

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2017, 10:11:52 AM »

It's not "safe" but you will recover eventually (to some extent)

I suggest doing 10 cm max. 6-4 or 5-5 femur-tibia. Biomechanics and proportions. If you're content with lesser gain, 6 cm on femurs only.
Pre-surgery - 167 cm, Post-surgery - 181 cm
Final arm span - 177 cm, Sitting height - 90 cm

Lengthened 7.5 cm in tibias and femurs and 3.5 cm in each humerus. Surgeries performed all external by Dr. Kulesh, in Saint-Petersburg, Russia - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=1671.0
Pages: [1]   Go Up