Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: accessible tranportation services in mumbai?  (Read 3190 times)

newcandid

• Visitor
accessible tranportation services in mumbai?
« on: October 13, 2017, 05:13:54 AM »

are there accessible cab services in mumbai? how do you arrange to book them beforehand?

also are there any accessible hotels, rehab centers in chembur?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
Re: accessible tranportation services in mumbai?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 05:50:19 AM »

If you're at a hotel the staff will always hail a cab or auto rickshaw for you. The auto rickshaws are pretty much on every corner and are very inexpensive. No need to book. For taxi service they can just call.

Manual Anand has a rehab center on the basement level.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

newcandid

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 05:55:41 AM »

If you're at a hotel the staff will always hail a cab or auto rickshaw for you. The auto rickshaws are pretty much on every corner and are very inexpensive. No need to book. For taxi service they can just call.

Manual Anand has a rehab center on the basement level.

but then you are incapacitated ;) you cannot hop into an auto anymore. even normal cars are hard to get into. atleast with precice i think i will be basically wheelchair only.

and i did not mean rehab center = pt place but a place where can you stay.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 06:00:05 AM »

If you're at a hotel the staff will assist you. They helped me maneuver into the back when I had big frames on my legs. With precice it will be even easier. Penguin would probably know about rehab centers, but I did just fine staying at a hotel and having the physiotherapist visit me there.

Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 06:51:51 AM »

but then you are incapacitated ;) you cannot hop into an auto anymore. even normal cars are hard to get into. atleast with precice i think i will be basically wheelchair only.

and i did not mean rehab center = pt place but a place where can you stay.

Getting into an auto (Indian auto) is much easier then a car. It is lower, no door.

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2017, 06:56:05 AM »

are there accessible cab services in mumbai? how do you arrange to book them beforehand?

also are there any accessible hotels, rehab centers in chembur?

I would recommend auto if you are staying in a low end or mid end hotel and do not care much about image (autos are taken by people who do not make much money) else (if you are image conscious) book a cab using uber. Do not take normal cabs or hotel taxis, they will rip you off. I believe auto would be easier to get in/out compared to cab/taxi while in LL. Hotel staff are friendly, so are most of gthe cab drivers and all auto drivers, but they may not realize that you need help, so just give them an indication and hey will be very helpful (that's is good thing about India compared to US, people are eager to help).

Note - there is another app called 'ola' which is very popular in India, it is similar to uber but in India only. I prefer Uber over Ola.

crimsontide

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2017, 07:34:41 AM »

You must understand  one very important thing about India that is very relevant.

India is extremely dirty. This is just a fact. Over 70% defecate   in the open. The people are okay but standards are not  high.

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2017, 07:38:14 AM »

You must understand  one very important thing about India that is very relevant.

India is extremely dirty. This is just a fact. Over 70% defecate   in the open. The people are okay but standards are not  high.

you racist idiot, you write such statement for a billion people, feeling entitled to insult them from your keyboard? I demand you delete this derogatory racist comment you made against Indians.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 09:29:17 AM by prakash419 »

newcandid

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2017, 01:20:46 PM »

thanks prakash. i would rather play it safe and choose the more expensive options. i mean if the precice nail breaks, i do not know even know what happens next.

Bleda

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2017, 05:32:18 PM »

you racist idiot, you write such statement for a billion people, feeling entitled to insult them from your keyboard? I demand you delete this derogatory racist comment you made against Indians.

Whoa. Slow your role there buddy. There is nothing racist in what he said. And he specifically said the people are "alright". Racist would have been, "don't go to India because all Indians are second rate humans". He might have gotten some statistics mixed around, but there isn't even anything untruthful in what he said either. The actual statistic is 70% of households don't have access to toilets and 60% defecate out in the open. 60% of 1.2 billion people is quite the amount of feces getting around. Undeniably it's a huge problem. Maybe you should work on that hair-trigger temper of yours before you worry about LL.

https://www.pri.org/stories/2016-05-12/india-access-toilets-remains-huge-problem-worst-all-women-and-girls

newcandid

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2017, 06:01:21 PM »

chill out guys. let us stay on topic.

Android

« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2017, 07:52:43 PM »

The actual statistic is 70% of households don't have access to toilets and 60% defecate out in the open. 60% of 1.2 billion people is quite the amount of feces getting around.

I've been to India twice for hair transplants, and I did see some public defecation, but only when straying from the city. I saw dozens while in a car going through the countryside, but not while walking around.

Remember that India is a big country, so the percentages aren't even across all of it. If OP is thinking of visiting someone like Dr. Parihar, the clinic is in Mumbai. Mumbai is the most populated city in India, and is considerably more metropolitan depending on the area, which means better access to restrooms.

Back on topic, auto rickshaws are everywhere and they're cheap; just make sure that the meter is running (illegal to operate if broken), and don't let them suggest destinations for you (cheap jewelry, massage, cute girls, etc... Driver gets a cut). It only happened once, but a driver kept suggesting a different hotel to me when I specifically asked him to take me to another; be strong, don't give in, say that you have a reservation. Even hiring a driver isn't that expensive. And yes, Uber is a thing over there if you're used to ride share services back home. If you're ever concerned about being ripped off, ask the hotel concierge to find a driver for you.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Bleda

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2017, 08:39:34 PM »

Shame on this forum and shame on these people who just openly make racist comments on 70% people of a country. I can make many comments (and give thousands of statistics to support those comments) on your filthy culture and whoring ways but I am not uneducated trailer trash like you so I wont. I am off this site from today since it is full of racist idiots and openly make racist comments against 1 billion people in India. Until the comments are deleted I will not be back.

LOL. Now that's a racist comment.

Anyway, back on topic, if you're going to be doing LL there I would probably stick with cars as the way you get in and out of vehicles with two broken legs is to turn around at the door, lower yourself into the seat and then once you're in swing your legs around. If I recall you've got to kind of step into those autos which is something you can't do with precise especially. And then you're kind of just sitting on a bench seat with no seat belt and you'd have to hold onto your crutches too.

Android

« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2017, 10:56:21 PM »

Shame on this forum and shame on these people who just openly make racist comments on 70% people of a country. I can make many comments (and give thousands of statistics to support those comments) on your filthy culture and whoring ways but I am not uneducated trailer trash like you so I wont. I am off this site from today since it is full of racist idiots and openly make racist comments against 1 billion people in India. Until the comments are deleted I will not be back.

I just want to note that my post was as objective as I can be from my actual experience. I'm not filling in any blanks with my imagination, and that I understand why you're frustrated; the initial comment that started this was sweeping, much too broad (especially since we're talking about Mumbai, not rural India). Case in point, you could say that New York is filthy as well, since if you take public transport like the subway, their tracks are filled with dirty water, trash, and rats (also from experience; quite disgusting). But alas, not all of NY is like that; I hope you get my point.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Android

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2017, 11:02:44 PM »

back on topic, if you're going to be doing LL there I would probably stick with cars

Agreed, and the driver will most likely help you if you have trouble getting in. I wouldn't expect the same amount of empathy or patience from an auto rickshaw driver. And best of all, if they're good, you can get their business card and call them again; one less thing to stress over.

Penguinn

« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2017, 10:13:57 AM »

When I was too crippled to get into a cab or rickshaw, I called a Meru Enabled cab that makes you not need to leave your wheelchair :)
https://cdn.yourstory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Meru-Enable.jpg

There's the answer you wanted.

newcandid

• Visitor
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2017, 11:01:03 AM »

When I was too crippled to get into a cab or rickshaw, I called a Meru Enabled cab that makes you not need to leave your wheelchair :)
https://cdn.yourstory.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/Meru-Enable.jpg

There's the answer you wanted.

thank you, i also pmed you with another question.

Kewlsiee

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2017, 09:14:04 AM »

How long were you in your wheelchair?
Pages: [1]   Go Up