Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: balance and bio mechanics.  (Read 649 times)

oryion

• Visitor
balance and bio mechanics.
« on: October 18, 2017, 10:05:31 PM »

This is my logic, please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, in fact, I insist you do so.

My logic is that if I do LL on both the femur and tibia, 4cm in each, my femur to tibia length ratio and proportions will remain the same ergo not affecting balance. If I exercise every for a year before my surgery and 2 years after, my muscles will elongate to adapt with my lengthened bones. In the process of stretching, if I don't do more that 0.65mm I won't be stretching faster than my body can cope. It seem with my plan I could potentially make a full recovery. Thoughts?

Winterishere

• Visitor
Re: balance and bio mechanics.
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 11:16:57 PM »

Hi Oryion, i love your enthusiasm and i hope your experience if you do choose to go through with this in the future is a positive one. Firstly your natural leg proportions are around 1:0.8 meaning your femurs are naturally about 20% longer than your tibias. Therefore lengthening both segments by 4cm is going to lead to this ratio actually becoming larger, meaning your tibias are going to become longer compared to your femurs. Proportions you should be farther considering is your leg to torso. Theres no study anywhere that says stretching for long periods of time before lengthening somehow leads to your muscles adapting more efficiently, but it will most certainly make PT after your surgery more bearable. There is alot of stigma around how fast to lengthen, and lengthening too slow can actually lead to certain parts of the new bone consolidating too fast. Lengthening too fast can obviously be dangerous to your ligaments and muscles, therefore 1mm for your femurs and 0.75mm for your tibias usually seems to be the best range in terms of time efficiency and body limitations. So basically unfortunately your ratio, proportions and balance are all going to be affected regardless of the length or technique you choose, those things are just unfortunate sacrifices. I wish you the best of luck and hope this helped in some way and wasn't too negative!

Body Builder

Re: balance and bio mechanics.
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 12:06:03 AM »

Thoughts are that noone will recover fully after LL and especially after 2 LLs.
We've said it again and again, if someome thinks he can break 4 bones, lengthen them, do extra surgeries to remove nails etc and still be as before, then I hope he does. But he won't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up