Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help me decide if I should do this?  (Read 1110 times)

Dilemma

• Visitor
Help me decide if I should do this?
« on: November 01, 2017, 06:08:35 PM »

Hi guys. I'm a girl standing at 5 feet 3 inches.  I've wanted to take up acting and modelling and pageantry for so long and I don't qualify because of my height. It's horrible. Everyone has a word to say about my height. They always go like 'only if you were a little more taller' part of me feels like I could've taken over the world and when I look into the mirror these days I feel like it was all taken away from me and I just have to pick a boring alternative for living away the beautiful years of my life. JUST BECAUSE IM NOT A COUPLE OF INCHES TALLER. I am an incredible dancer. It almost defines me. I love being expressive and I love wearing the highest of heels and I feel like maybe I'll never be able to do it if get LL. but I don't want to settle for my life like a lot of others do. I want to make this work. Please help me out

Zeo

Re: Help me decide if I should do this?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 07:27:20 PM »

There is a lot of questions to answer to see if this is worth it or not

I am an incredible dancer. It almost defines me.

LL takes away a lot of your grace of movement and athleticism, there is no way around this. Are you ok with going from being an incredible dancer to being an average or (more realistically) a below average dancer?

Would you still be happy with with spending a lot of money, pain, time and athleticism on LL but your modeling career doesn't take off or maybe it doesn't take off as much as you expected?

LL takes a LOT of sacrifice, and the 5-6 cm+ height itself is the reward. It's only worth it to those who's life is really need that height to move forward with their life.

And how much taller did you expect to get with this surgery?

I have a lot more questions but you can answer these for now
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

Android

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 07:32:25 PM »

Modeling and pageantry, I can definitely see height being a limiting factor. Acting however, there are plenty of incredibly talented actresses who are shorter than you, so you can make it up with practice and skill if you're willing to do that. Fact of the matter is that Hollywood wants taller men, so shorter women can sometimes be advantageous. And if they're too short, they'll use camera magic.

There are a lot of questions to consider. Are you OK being away from your life as you know it now for at least six months? Can you tolerate pain, both physical and mental (from isolation, anxiety, panic)? If you're willing to go abroad, can you afford at least $25,000? If you're in the US and want to do it domestically, you'll have to prepare 3x as much -- none of this is covered by insurance.

And yes, you will most likely lose mobility and nimbleness. If dance is a big part of your identity, be prepared to make a trade without a return policy.

How old are you? A rough range is fine, I ask since aside from height is ageism in your industries of interest. I remember reading a story about a woman who endured CLL in Russia to bolster her modeling career, but aged out anyway. She was happy with the results regardless, but something to keep in mind for professions that place heavy weight on looks like modeling.

If you're considering CLL, do it because you want to be taller. Not specifically because you'll think it'll help with your career. Similar advice is given here to many men: don't do it because you'll be able to land more dates with women. Odds are yes, it'll probably improve. But it'll still be your old self attached to those longer legs after the first impression.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Zeo

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2017, 07:42:42 PM »

If you're considering CLL, do it because you want to be taller. Not specifically because you'll think it'll help with your career. Similar advice is given here to many men: don't do it because you'll be able to land more dates with women. Odds are yes, it'll probably improve. But it'll still be your old self attached to those longer legs after the first impression.

This exactly, a lot of people on this forum need to read this.
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

onemorefoot

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2017, 08:05:22 PM »

Depends also on your age. Scarring after this surgery would be a barrier too, for modeling.
Budget will determine my future.

Dilemma

• Visitor
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2017, 10:18:48 PM »

From where I belong, most models become actresses and actresses are sometimes taller than regular models. India! I honestly never had a problem with my height until people started pointing this out. I don't care about what they think honestly. Where it gets annoying is the fact that if you're not tall enough you can't get into the glamour industry.. the short ones who found their way definitely had someone backing them and the  other few must've been exceptionally talented. It's just, when someone looks at me, I don't want them to not give me a fair chance at the same things a tall slender girl who's a lot less able than I am would get just because of genetics. I do want LL because it might help me with my career yes, but that's because my career is at a standstill because of it. Losing out on dancing  will be the biggest sacrifice I'll ever make. I'm 21 years old. I can take the pain. I can mentally prepare myself to be awol for 6 months at the least. If it's 100% worth it, I'll arrange for the money too. But I don't want to ever regret this. It scares the   out of me

Dilemma

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2017, 10:19:37 PM »

From where I belong, most models become actresses and actresses are sometimes taller than regular models. India! I honestly never had a problem with my height until people started pointing this out. I don't care about what they think honestly. Where it gets annoying is the fact that if you're not tall enough you can't get into the glamour industry.. the short ones who found their way definitely had someone backing them and the  other few must've been exceptionally talented. It's just, when someone looks at me, I don't want them to not give me a fair chance at the same things a tall slender girl who's a lot less able than I am would get just because of genetics. I do want LL because it might help me with my career yes, but that's because my career is at a standstill because of it. Losing out on dancing  will be the biggest sacrifice I'll ever make. I'm 21 years old. I can take the pain. I can mentally prepare myself to be awol for 6 months at the least. If it's 100% worth it, I'll arrange for the money too. But I don't want to ever regret this. It scares the   out of me

Body Builder

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2017, 11:15:03 PM »

You can't become a model after LL, period.
Scars, bad proportions and maybe some change in gait (while in modelling your gait-walking should be excellent) are more than enough to stop a modelling carreer. Also, to become a model at your starting height you need at least 13-4 cm added which means years to even walk normal and really bad proportions (because adding 14 to a 5.3 body will always make it disproportionate, especially on women).

So doing LL to help your carreer is impossible.
Doing it only to feel better with yourself is another thing but your height is very good for a girl and also dancing, at least in a so good level, will be impossible after LL so I don't think that losing your favourite hobby for something that won't really help you in anything worths it.

Imo you should stop thinking about LL.
But if you want to do it then just do 5cm on tibias and thatcs all. Anything more or in the other segment will really make you bad aesthetically.
Pages: [1]   Go Up