Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can we stop using the imperial system in this forum?!  (Read 1786 times)

lldude

Can we stop using the imperial system in this forum?!
« on: October 24, 2017, 10:53:23 AM »

It is unbelievable how people use the imperial system in this forum to refer to their height, their post-limb lengthening height, their target distension and their acquired height when every centimeter matters here.

It's better to say "I'm 1.71" than to say "I'm 5'7, almost 5'8" and so forth.

Android

Re: Can we stop using the imperial system in this forum?!
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 05:03:22 PM »

Wouldn't it be great if a plugin would just convert these units on the fly, so you can see alternative units when you hover over the numbers? Boy, that'd be great.

I usually just try to list both if I know I'm talking to an American, at least when it's about height. When it's about lengthening, I use metric since it's just easier to calculate.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

zaozari

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2021, 01:29:18 AM »

The imperial system is nowadays used by one single country in the entire  world but even there scientists don't use it. Even the UK  is abandoning it.
One plane crashed due to confusion between sistems...
Let's make a voting to implement one sistem only in the forum and make comparisons instantaneous. Allmost all LL surgeons (yes,  except some like Paley) also use the metrical decimal sistem (International system).

Medium Drink Of Water

• Premier Member
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2021, 01:58:18 AM »

Once you've been here long enough you learn to recognize all the conversions. ;D

Bantem

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2021, 08:42:34 PM »

Well even in countries where the metric system is used, imperial is often used when discussing height, with the exception of Europe. Both Canada and the UK both use feet for height

zaozari

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2021, 10:31:59 PM »

Well even in countries where the metric system is used, imperial is often used when discussing height, with the exception of Europe. Both Canada and the UK both use feet for height

Ok  but not in any other country!
Furthermore  as mentioned before "It's better to say "I'm 1.71" than to say "I'm 5'7, almost 5'8" and so forth". Isn't it obvious ?
But I am new here and already noticing that apparently the nationality with more LL "candidates" seems to be from the USA (?)  so maybe it's logical (despite in general medicine US doctors always use the SU, like all other scientists in the world, not imperial).
But it's not the most important here.

Polvorón

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2021, 10:40:17 PM »

I like both systems, so I write my length data using the two systems. :)
Note: at this moment I'm only a "pretender", I want to know more about this interesting procedure. Hopping to become 185 cm (6'1'') from 174 cm (5'8 ½''), but it is too expensive.
My sitting height is 92½ - 94 cm (36''½ 37''), my length of legs is 81 cm (32'') and my armspan is 180 cm (70'' 7/8).
Pages: [1]   Go Up