Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Best muscle size and weight if you gain 10 cm of height  (Read 5063 times)

ramaka

Best muscle size and weight if you gain 10 cm of height
« on: October 31, 2017, 06:32:46 PM »

I am curious to know what everyone thinks the build should be of someone who goes from 178 cm-188cm for example i’m 171 pounds and would love to know what is considered under or overweight for 188 cm

edwardv6

Re: Best muscle size and weight if you gain 10 cm of height
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 06:02:38 AM »

Whatever build you want, there's no "should be".

How do you figure you'll do 10cm of lengthening but not know if you want to be emaciated, fat, jacked, or whatever afterwards.
banned for flaming/hostility

ramaka

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2017, 08:44:52 PM »

I’m not saying what I should do what I mean is that people either say your to skinny for such amount of lengthening and you should bulk up to make it look better and I was wondering what the ideal weight should be

edwardv6

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 10:09:29 PM »

I’m not saying what I should do what I mean is that people either say your to skinny for such amount of lengthening and you should bulk up to make it look better and I was wondering what the ideal weight should be
There's no ideal weight, because we don't know if how much muscle and fat you plan to carry, etc.

And I don't think going by the BMI will be the best idea, because even if you are 188cm (lengthened from 178cm), your frame is still that of a 178cm person's. You're not as wide or thick as that of a true 188cm, so at equal weight, you'd probably look far more muscular, yet you're the same height and weight, assuming you work out.

ramaka

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 12:02:23 PM »

Ah no problem thanks for the help

ramaka

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2017, 03:59:39 PM »

nice lol then i could look very jacked as a 188 cm person if thats the case thanks

Antonio

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 12:01:25 PM »

A good rule of thumb to look muscular but not too much is to "convert" the cm for kg. For example if you are 178cm tall you "should" be 78 kg. 188cm is 88 kg. You ideally should be with 10-15% bodyfat, less than that is not attractive from a non-bodybuilding aesthetic. After LL, I am now 174cm and I weigh 72 kg

ramaka

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 02:41:05 PM »

A good rule of thumb to look muscular but not too much is to "convert" the cm for kg. For example if you are 178cm tall you "should" be 78 kg. 188cm is 88 kg. You ideally should be with 10-15% bodyfat, less than that is not attractive from a non-bodybuilding aesthetic. After LL, I am now 174cm and I weigh 72 kg

What were you originally before LL and glad to hear you recovered well

Antonio

« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 02:46:54 PM »

I was 166cm and 70 kg, but quite a bit was fat (15-20% bodyfat). Now I have a ripped sixpack, and my quads are just that (4 distinct muscles)

Moon knight

« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 03:14:21 PM »

I was 166cm and 70 kg, but quite a bit was fat (15-20% bodyfat). Now I have a ripped sixpack, and my quads are just that (4 distinct muscles)

nice did you do two surgeries or one
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe

Antonio

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 04:17:09 PM »

nice did you do two surgeries or one

2 stage femurs. Check out my diary

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 04:46:08 PM »

Ideally you should aim for a fir and toned physique keeping your bodyfat low and face lean if you want to attract women

Ideal build depends on what you are after

Not everyone who is taller is bigger in frame and overall width Ive seen guys 5-5 who are broader than guys 6-7. Your bone structure and height are separate things. Tall guys who are extomorphic for example are under the illusion that if they were shorter they would build muscle easier, it’s garbage! An ecto orph at 5-6 will struggle to build muscle the same way an ectomoprph of 6-4 will but the 5-6 ectomorph will have less overall bodyweight to go with it.

Ive seen guys who are 76kg at 6-2 look muscular because they keep their bodyfat very low.

Lighter more defined physiques attract women, mesomorphic physiques in general don’t furthermore most guys who weight train usually eat far too much food and end up carrying more fat than they do muscle when they’d look far better lighter and leaner.

I watched a programme the other night and it had male midels on it. What surprised me about these guys was that not one of them I’d have said was very handsome but they all had one thing in common, they all had lean faces and six packs. They weren’t bulging with muscles with 18” arms and 50” chests if anything they probably had 40” chests and 11.5” arms if they were lucky!

Be different if you were trying to be a conpetetive American footballer of rugby player you need extra weight for those sports

Body Builder

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 05:02:48 PM »

Ideally you should aim for a fir and toned physique keeping your bodyfat low and face lean if you want to attract women

Not everyone who is taller is bigger in frame and overall width Ive seen guys 5-5 who are broader than guys 6-7. Your bone structure and height are separate things. Tall guys who are extomorphic for example are under the illusion that if they were shorter they would build muscle easier, it’s garbage! An ecto orph at 5-6 will struggle to build muscle the same way an ectomoprph of 6-4 will but the 5-6 ectomorph will have less overall bodyweight to go with it.

Ive seen guys who are 76kg at 6-2 look muscular because they keep their bodyfat very low.

Lighter more defined physiques attract women, mesomorphic physiques in general don’t furthermore most guys who weight train usually eat far too much food and end up carrying more fat than they do muscle when they’d look far better lighter and leaner.

I watched a programme the other night and it had male midels on it. What surprised me about these guys was that not one of them I’d have said was very handsome but they all had one thing in common, they all had lean faces and six packs. They weren’t bulging with muscles with 18” arms and 50” chests if anything they probably had 40” chests and 11.5” arms if they were lucky!

Be different if you were trying to be a conpetetive American footballer of rugby player you need extra weight for those sports
Well said except from one thing.
Mesomorph is and always will be the best kind of male body type and it is far more preferable than ectomorph and endomorph.
Broad shoulders and a small waist is always better than narrow shoulders of the same size of waist.
Yes, some mesomorphs tend to be very muscular (like me) but if someone wants to attract the majority of women without looking too extreme he can train softer and eat less and he will have a much better body than an ectomorph whondoes the same things.

So mesomorph is the best body type for men, models are way too skinny for most of women to like.
Even female catwalk models have not the ideal body type as they lack curves (boobs and ass) so always a body like Michelle Lewins or even Rita Oras's (who is not very fit) will be more preferable than the skinny bodies of models like. Kate Mosse's or Cara Delevignes's.

Mariobro

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 08:03:50 PM »

2 stage femurs. Check out my diary
Hi Antonio, how  old are you?

Antonio

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 08:36:11 PM »

Hi Antonio, how  old are you?

Early 40s

Antonio

« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2017, 08:39:01 PM »

There are some male models who are quite big and muscular. David Gandy is one of the top ranked ones and he is 6'2" and claims 205 pounds or 93kg

ramaka

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2017, 01:16:53 AM »

Suppose that is true I mean my cousin is 6’3 and honestly when we were on a family vacation/Holiday in pictures he is noticeably bigger then me since at the time I was very skinny and he was more broad and bigger but his dad my uncle is like 5’8.5 174 cm and he is bigger then my cousin in terms on muscle size and so on also my cousin was big on muscle at the time so yea it basically proves that if you you carry muscle you can pull off that taller look

Moon knight

« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2017, 03:49:41 AM »

Suppose that is true I mean my cousin is 6’3 and honestly when we were on a family vacation/Holiday in pictures he is noticeably bigger then me since at the time I was very skinny and he was more broad and bigger but his dad my uncle is like 5’8.5 174 cm and he is bigger then my cousin in terms on muscle size and so on also my cousin was big on muscle at the time so yea it basically proves that if you you carry muscle you can pull off that taller look

point proven then you see that's why ppl say you could really get anyway with most LL lengthening you do
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe

Antonio

« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2017, 11:34:06 AM »

As Bigpoppapump said, there are different looks you can go for depending on your objectives. If your main objective is to appear as tall as possible after LL, these are the characteristics that enhance the "look" of height (though you may be called lanky, which may be what you want):
1. Small narrow head (makes the body look bigger) and upward combed hair
2. Slim neck (large and bulging trapezius hides your neck and makes you look short)
3. Broad V-taper especially wide and high shoulders and narrow waist (leads the eye of the observer upwards)
4. Muscular but not bulging pecs
5. Ripped abs
6. Slim muscular but not bulky legs (don't want to detract from looking up at you)

Channing Tatum at 6'0,5" with his bulky build at times looks the same height as Matt Bomer at 5'11" who is slim but muscular.

But on the other hand, if you want to look the most attractive to most women, and here is where I agree with what Bodybuilder said, the mesomorph bodytype is proven to be the most attractive (based on evolutionary biology theory of the key factors in attraction between mates - sxxual dimorphism (that which is most different from females e.g. height and mass), averageness (being that the middle face or body type is the one which has the least possible genetic defects), and symmetry (least genetic defects)

In this case you would bulk up a bit more than the previous look but not too much. The example in real life here would be Jason Statham, who is 5'9" and used to be a professional diver, or Tom Daley who is 5'8" and is a professional diver.

Regarding the rule of thumb, and it is a rule of thumb so you can go +5 or -5 kg depending on your bodytype and look, you would be surprised at how many attractive celebrities and athletes fall within the range.

Models: David Gandy 188cm 93kg (+5kg, looks very built in ads), Sean O'Pry 183cm 73kg (-10kg, but I think he could bulk up another 5 kg)
Actors: Chris Pine 184 cm 78kg (-6kg, nice slim build, looks very good in suits), Ezra Miller 180cm 74kg (-6kg), Zac Efron 173cm 75kg (+2kg), Justin Timberlake 182cm 81kg (-1kg)
Football: CR7 186cm 84kg (-2kg), Leo Messi 169cm 72kg (+3kg)
Tennis: Federer 185cm 85kg (0kg), Nadal 184cm 85kg (+1kg), Djokovic 187cm 80kg (-7kg), Murray 188cm 84kg (-4kg)
Athletics: Bolt 195cm 94kg (-1 kg)
Swimming: Michael Phelps 190cm 88kg (-2kg)

And it is possible to change the look of your bodytype by training. On this site you can look at ReadRothbard who I don't know if he has done LL yet but he is/was 170cm and looked very muscular.

When I was 16 and started lifting, I was a skinny runt. I was 164cm, weighed 52 kg and had a 26 inch waist. After nearly 30 years of training, I gained 20 kg of muscle and now the waist is 29 in.

« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 12:21:00 PM by Antonio »

ramaka

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2017, 03:10:10 AM »

In the morning I measure at 179.5 straight out of bed say I was to add the 10cm in height should I up the anti and go to 88KG or just go to like 79 or 80 kg thanks for the above info BTw

Antonio

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2017, 06:59:06 AM »

In the morning I measure at 179.5 straight out of bed say I was to add the 10cm in height should I up the anti and go to 88KG or just go to like 79 or 80 kg thanks for the above info BTw

I think if you were to go up to 188-189 and 88kg and stay at 10-15% body fat you would look like a god (or kryptonian)

ramaka

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2017, 10:15:38 AM »

I think if you were to go up to 188-189 and 88kg and stay at 10-15% body fat you would look like a god (or kryptonian)

Lol 😂😂 then that’s the goal look like a kryptonian it is

Moon knight

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2017, 06:50:12 PM »

is it possible for someone to get that big with 10-15% body fat

ramaka

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2017, 03:43:27 AM »

is it possible for someone to get that big with 10-15% body fat

I honestly hope it is simply because I need it if I want the extra 10 cm to get to 188 cm tall (6’2) so here’s hoping I can

Moon knight

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2017, 11:12:33 PM »

I honestly hope it is simply because I need it if I want the extra 10 cm to get to 188 cm tall (6’2) so here’s hoping I can

if you are aiming for that remember to train like a god and to rest sensible for your muscles to grow

edwardv6

« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2017, 01:02:52 AM »

@Racurz

Anyone can post anything on this. Literally everything on this site is anecdotal and opinion so be careful what "advice" you take. As one poster wanted to say not everyone taller has a bigger frame, ask yourself how common that is. Did that poster go and measure people with a measuring tape? Was the wide 5'5 guy he/she saw a bodybuilder with cannonball delts compared to an emaciated 6'7 guy? Even if the taller person as a smaller frame, chances are his limbs are longer, bones thicker, and will be able to put on more muscle mass than the shorter person. Just look up images of bodybuilding shows where they line up competitors.

ramaka

« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2017, 02:14:31 AM »

@Racurz

Anyone can post anything on this. Literally everything on this site is anecdotal and opinion so be careful what "advice" you take. As one poster wanted to say not everyone taller has a bigger frame, ask yourself how common that is. Did that poster go and measure people with a measuring tape? Was the wide 5'5 guy he/she saw a bodybuilder with cannonball delts compared to an emaciated 6'7 guy? Even if the taller person as a smaller frame, chances are his limbs are longer, bones thicker, and will be able to put on more muscle mass than the shorter person. Just look up images of bodybuilding shows where they line up competitors.

I sort of understand what you’re saying but can genetics play a factor in bone thickness if your family are normally thin but tall can that be a factor my brother is 6’3 191 cm and he is very skinny like 170 pounds also another tall person British actor and comedian jack Whitehall is 6’1 and there was a scene in his TV show bad education Where he was shirtless and he was very very skinny maybe 6’1 would be the height where you could get away with being skinny and tall with no problems.

Antonio

« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2017, 12:07:28 AM »

Yes you can. A normal man without any health problems who trains, eats and rests well can expect to gain between 2-3kg of muscle a year without any need for additional supplements

ramaka

« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2017, 12:37:27 AM »

Yes you can. A normal man without any health problems who trains, eats and rests well can expect to gain between 2-3kg of muscle a year without any need for additional supplements

So with supplements involved I’m guessing you’re talking about protein shakes I should easily get up to that

Antonio

« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2017, 12:46:51 AM »

So with supplements involved I’m guessing you’re talking about protein shakes I should easily get up to that

Protein shakes are a waste of your money. You can get better nutrients from a can of sardines

ramaka

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2017, 01:19:29 AM »

Protein shakes are a waste of your money. You can get better nutrients from a can of sardines

Ah didn’t know that so basically just train hard and rest enough to allow muscle growth
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up