Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Why, at 175 some people consider you as short and others as tall  (Read 4452 times)

Knik

Do you think that people are underestimating what is 5'9" ?
Looking for Pili

Knik

Re: Why, at 175 some people consider you as short and others as tall
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2017, 08:40:09 PM »

In my case there is a friend who told me that I'm lying (I told him that I am 5'9 - but then he went near me and said ok, but still if I can't say that I'm 5'9 ... he was probably thinking I am the same than him even if I have my chin at his eyes level and he told someone same as me he is tall - but that guy is always denigrate), and also my grandfather told me I am about the same that my 6'1 uncle. It's weird, I still don't know how to consider myself in others people point of view.
But also what I know is when you say your height, it's changing people point of view a lot. That's why I'm avoiding that because like that some people are imagining me at 5'10 / 5'11.

Looking for Pili

Cloudo

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2017, 09:33:13 PM »

It depends on who you are asking. I heard many people call me tall, even once there was a girl who asked my friend about me and if we could meet up in a date. After a week, she was walking with my friend and she saw me close from my back(she said ' oh no, he is much taller than I expected!'. Of course I only knew about the whole story after like 2 years from the incident :(

On the other hand, when I am with my relatives they tell me that I'm kinda short, most of them are 6 feet or above(males)

I myself never felt short in my country, just average. When I traveled to the netherlands however, I felt like a midget! No I am not kidding, ya a midget, even the girls were taller than me :(
Original height: 176cm
Goal height: 191cm

Knik

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2017, 09:39:58 PM »

We already talked about that famous average in Netherlands, that's bullcrap. Honestly, people in Germany or Czech Republic are not shorter than Dutch people. That's a myth. 
Also that big average (6ft) is ONLY FOR MEN, average for women is 5'6 so stop kidding
the biggest woman average is Estonia, go there

In my country maybe a bit, but a gap of 7 cm in average ? it's too big
Looking for Pili

Cloudo

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2017, 09:49:52 PM »

Have you been to the Netherlands? Studies are different from what you will see in reality. Even if the studies are correct, believe me, when a group of younger teenagers walk by you(girls and guys) and they are all much taller than you, it won't feel alright, something inside you will hurt, it will make you feel really depressed, specialy when they give you that weird look :(
I will ask you a question, have you ever seen a dwarf walking by? I am sure you did right? Have you seen how people look at him? Not a nice look right? Even if I or you are different and don't judge people by their height, unfortunately, most other people do.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 10:02:03 PM »

Have you been to the Netherlands? Studies are different from what you will see in reality. Even if the studies are correct, believe me, when a group of younger teenagers walk by you(girls and guys) and they are all much taller than you, it won't feel alright, something inside you will hurt, it will make you feel really depressed, specialy when they give you that weird look :(
I will ask you a question, have you ever seen a dwarf walking by? I am sure you did right? Have you seen how people look at him? Not a nice look right? Even if I or you are different and don't judge people by their height, unfortunately, most other people do.

You are aware that a dwarf is 120-140cm tall at max right? Like 37-57cm shorter than the average guy in most of the world. No one sees a guy who is 165+ like that....
I learned some stuff during this time

YourSpaceBoyfriend

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 10:11:39 PM »

I was in the netherlands and it didn't feel different.

I'm living in a middle europe.

Cloudo

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 10:20:01 PM »

@Tibike
True, but when a bunch of guys are like 20 cms taller than you, walking with a bunch of girls who are 10 cms taller than you. They will find you kind of weird? They will be thinking ''ha! why this man's head really lower to what I am used to see?'' that's why they give you that weird look. It's not as bad as being a dwarf obviously, but it still makes me really depressed. I know, I should man up and stop being a pussy. But the thing is, whenever I remember that there is a solution for this problem, and it will only take a couple of years for saving money then a surgery, my mind can't rest!
Let's be honest, most of us here have deep psychological problems. If we weren't, then we wouldn't even be here, we would be living just like other short people who probably never even thought about their height after they hit puberty!

Cloudo

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 10:22:57 PM »

@Yourspaceboyfriend
Maybe because you are already living in a country with tall people? That's why you didn't feel any difference? Because you are already used to this.

Body Builder

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 11:15:07 PM »

I am 1.75, I'd really like to be 1.80+ but still all the things you mention about weird lookings and all these simply doesn't exist.
1.75 is a normal height and it is almost impossible to find many guys 20cm taller and many girls 10cm taller even in netherlands or anywhere else.

So it is ok to want to be taller but it is abnormal to feel so inferior with your height.
Your problem from what you say seems more mental than real.

Ozymandias

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 11:31:12 PM »

When I traveled to the netherlands however, I felt like a midget! No I am not kidding, ya a midget, even the girls were taller than me :(

Average height for a girl in the Netherlands is 169 cm (dudes, it's time to stop this "Dutch giants" meme).

And from your signature, you are:

::)

@Tibike
True, but when a bunch of guys are like 20 cms taller than you, walking with a bunch of girls who are 10 cms taller than you. They will find you kind of weird? They will be thinking ''ha! why this man's head really lower to what I am used to see?'' that's why they give you that weird look. It's not as bad as being a dwarf obviously, but it still makes me really depressed

Unless you come across the men & women national basketball team, that will never happen. Never.

Cloudo

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 11:34:40 PM »

@bodybuilder
It's true that there aren't many who are that tall, but it isn't uncommon in the Netherlands. I honestly didn't see a single guy in there who was the same height as me or shorter except for the really old men or some of the African immigrants.
Same feeling you get when you go to a basket ball club in high school / college, you know, how most of them are much taller than you.

And ya I admit I might have a mental issue, I mean, my brothers never thought bad about their heights despite being the same height as me.
I wish I never learned about the existence of cll. I was just searching on google for supplements and exercises that increase height, eventually, I found myself on a forum with many people who think the same way about their height as I do(or maybe a little different)
I tried to do what Upland did, that's why I haven't visited this for months, but it just keeps coming back.

Cloudo

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 11:40:14 PM »

@ozymandias
If you ever go to the Netherlands you will see what I mean and will understand how I felt. You know what, just don't go there, better keep away from Norway and Sweeden too, cuz I heard the same things about them, most people I knew who travelled to these counteries said that " the weather was very cold and the people were really tall)"

Ozymandias

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 11:57:09 PM »

@ozymandias
If you ever go to the Netherlands you will see what I mean and will understand how I felt. You know what, just don't go there, better keep away from Norway and Sweeden too, cuz I heard the same things about them, most people I knew who travelled to these counteries said that " the weather was very cold and the people were really tall)"

I have been in the Netherlands. Nice place, nice people, not so nice language.

I don't know if you are trolling (this forum is quite weird these days) but if you are serious, it is clear to me -and I say this respectfully- that you are ignoring the facts and making emotionally-driven statements that are simply not true. That can lead you to make dangerous decisions, like lengthening 15 cm when you have already a decent starting height.

TIBIKE200

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2017, 12:07:12 AM »

I have seen a few dutch people who came to my and my GF's rb&b. They werent giants at all. Some were short and other were tall
I learned some stuff during this time

Cloudo

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2017, 12:25:26 AM »

I have been in the Netherlands. Nice place, nice people, not so nice language.

I don't know if you are trolling (this forum is quite weird these days) but if you are serious, it is clear to me -and I say this respectfully- that you are ignoring the facts and making emotionally-driven statements that are simply not true. That can lead you to make dangerous decisions, like lengthening 15 cm when you have already a decent starting height.

I am really telling you exactly what I have seen and how I felt.
Maybe, maybe after being shocked by the heights of some of the people in there, I just stopped paying attention to the shorter guys, I don't know.

As for the 15+ CMs to my original height, I am probably going to do it. I don't know if you are a fan of bodybuilding, but just this week some of the best bodybuilders died in the same week (rich piana and Dallas mccarver). Most of the reports said the cause of death was related to steroids. And this isn't new, most of the bodybuilder or wrestlers die in their 30-40s due to steroids. Why do the others still take that  ? Because this is what they like to do in their lives. Same could be said about heavy smokers. I think I am kind of obsessed with height. I put some limits, not to lengthen more than 7.5 cm per surgery, so Tibias, if all goes well then I will start preparing for femurs. I once made a thread about "why do you want to do cll". Some people said to become average, others to become taller than their partners or many other reasons. I want to become tall, not average, like real tall(at least average in Netherlands I guess!)

google42

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2017, 12:29:16 AM »

I have seen a few dutch people who came to my and my GF's rb&b. They werent giants at all. Some were short and other were tall
I think it's kind of the same way people think of Americans, they assume they are all fat and all think the same way. It's a stereotype which is exaggerated online, just like with the Dutch and other countries.

Chris

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2017, 12:29:38 AM »

I have been to the Netherlands several times.
Central Amsterdam is crowded with tourists and the local population is also rather international.
You see people of all sizes.

In Rotterdam, I was at the Hogeschool Rotterdam and I also visited several companies (international staff everywhere).
Many huge dark-skinned people; the Dutch males not taller than the Germans; only the younger girls (university students) seemed to be slightly taller on average, but not much.

I'm a real LL-patient.
I did my tibiae, had complications and will do femurs next.
I'm no longer participating in this community.

Body Builder

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2017, 12:43:00 AM »

I am really telling you exactly what I have seen and how I felt.
Maybe, maybe after being shocked by the heights of some of the people in there, I just stopped paying attention to the shorter guys, I don't know.

As for the 15+ CMs to my original height, I am probably going to do it. I don't know if you are a fan of bodybuilding, but just this week some of the best bodybuilders died in the same week (rich piana and Dallas mccarver). Most of the reports said the cause of death was related to steroids. And this isn't new, most of the bodybuilder or wrestlers die in their 30-40s due to steroids. Why do the others still take that crap? Because this is what they like to do in their lives. Same could be said about heavy smokers. I think I am kind of obsessed with height. I put some limits, not to lengthen more than 7.5 cm per surgery, so Tibias, if all goes well then I will start preparing for femurs. I once made a thread about "why do you want to do cll". Some people said to become average, others to become taller than their partners or many other reasons. I want to become tall, not average, like real tall(at least average in Netherlands I guess!)
Some people take narcotics too. And also the bbers you mentioned were famous worldwide and got money from risking their health. You like all of us will in the best case end up taller and functional and live a better life or become crippled and live a hell. Nothing more or less. So comparing the risks of something that could make you famous worldwide with something that in the best case will make you feel better about yourself (which for your case is not sure as you clearly suffer from bdd) is a little stupid.

Your words remind me of some lunatic here called Vader who wore 10cm elevator shoes although he was 6ft tall and ended up 6.4 after 2 LLs.
The thing that you want to add 15cm although you would have a great height with just 1LL and not more than 7cm means a lot about your state of mind. And almost all LL'ers who had the same attitude ended up crippled.
I wish you to be an exception and just have reduced athletic functionality like all LL'ers (especially the ones that lengthened as much as you want) and not major functional limitations.
But for sure the way you think about LL will lead you to much problems as you have no idea with what you are messing.

Matilda

• Visitor
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2017, 04:38:38 AM »

Different countries have different standards. For example I was always considering myself short being 163, when I travelled to Vietnam I was tall (and fat, though I wear M size in Europe LOL). In Vietnam a 175 man is a tall guy. Average man height is below 170, girls- below 160). So for guys who want to feel tall or at least as a person of average height – go to Vietnam  ;D. Actually I loved this country, it's safe, great food, nature. I was in late February last year, the weather was gorgeous, not too hot, great beach holidays. View from our villa in Vietnam https://tranio.com/vietnam/adt/1551608/

Pages: [1]   Go Up