Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DR SARIN EXTERNAL LON TIBIA  (Read 1715 times)

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
DR SARIN EXTERNAL LON TIBIA
« on: November 06, 2017, 06:52:24 AM »

Hello. It's been two years. I'm back. For more. I'm sure it was a decent enough height at 180 with little to no complications with 80-90% regained physical fitness. I'm considered lucky i guess? All aspects of my life has been improved be it relationship, sxx and general aesthetic impression. Why do i want more? I got intrigued by the thought of having to live in a new perception again at a new height. The thought of it just excites me and keep me working towards this goal. And i'm finally here finishing my race.

This is just a simple log to share my final journey to 188. I would like to keep this very discreet so please slide into my direct messages and i will be in touch with you directly for more personal queries, doubts or advices. I'm happy to have received constant direct messages to whom I have helped to encourage them or push their courage a little to undergo this surgery regardless anywhere they are getting done over the past two years. Cool thing is one of them is with me doing LL now! It's sure life changing and rewarding.

For those haters that thinks that I'm a fraud or still going around constantly putting other's diary down. I just wished they have the chance to experience this amazing gain in height instead of going around still short and spreading negative energy. Yeah, they probably hadn't done the surgery themselves. I hope my sharing can be a simple inspiration and a reminder to all that you can reach out to me for encouragement or advices. At the end of my journey, i will find a cool way to sum up all my LL experiences. Be sure to look forward to that!

Mer
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 07:58:54 AM by 188close »
NOW: Dr Sarin External LON for Tibia LL
Current height: 180 cm | Goal height: 186 - 188 cm
DONE: Dr Sarin Internal Hydraulic Nail for Femur LL
Before height: 173 cm | Achieved height: 180 cm

188close

• Visitor
  • I'm back
Re: DR SARIN EXTERNAL LON TIBIA
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 07:26:08 AM »

It's been about 30 days in since I done the surgery now. I wouldn't thought i would write a diary again for personal privacy reasons but I did anyway. Same guest house same set up and preparation I had two years ago. You can read the preparation on my earlier diary.

Prior to surgery, I didn't really have any hesitation or second thought of doing external LON on tibia. 1. It's lower risk to getting bone infection compared to internal lengthening method. 2. Even though, it may look gruesome with pins sticking out, it's actually less painful compared to internal methods. 3. Lengthening method through the illizarov frame has been around for decades and is constantly improved. I can say it's very well practiced among many LL doctors. So i went ahead as soon i had everything prepared.

Some improvements or additional investment I made this time:
1. My own bed table
2. A wide screen LED TV and sound speaker
3. Better internet
4. Butt cushion! Really helpful when comes to butt sore relieving!

Hours after surgery
Woke up tipsy with all the painkillers going on. I didn't feel a pain at all except i kind of can feel my bone moving when i moved my leg. Freaky. Doctors explained that it's due to one of the pin at the centre part of the nail not locked during lengthening and will be locked only after lengthening is completed. However, we don't have to worry about the stability of the frame because it is already securely locked with other pins externally. It's just pretty much boring in the hospital with no wifi access! I forgot to get 4G! So for days i was without internet! But at least i downloaded a whole lot of dramas on my laptop to kill time. I had no pain for the subsequent few days just slight fluctuation of fever. I recovered before I left for guest house in 3 days.

30 days in
At the guest house, i had to rest for about close to 2 weeks before i started lengthening. Lengthening is through mechanical screw. From Dr Sarin's modified illizarov frame, there is three screws evenly spread at 120 degrees. We were told to use a spanner to lengthen 0.25 cm every 3 hrs and maximum 1 cm a day. So I did that for the past remaining days til now. It soon become a daily regime to me. I have my markers marked with permanent marker really clearly and it's pretty accurate and precise.

As told, i won't feel much lengthening stretch at the start of lengthening, but i still expect a little and yeah i did felt a little stretch pain but it was very bearable. Bear in mind i already done ~8 cm on femur. I feel less pain from lengthening through external LON tibia compared to internal hydraulic femur.

Physiotherapy started about a few days into lengthening. I've prepared well prior to the surgery with daily stretches. I am not VERY flexible compared to before i lengthen my femur. But i can say i am pretty flexible even after lengthened femur. Physiotherapy for external tibia hurts less. The only annoying thing was some pin cuts pain during the movement and exercising of my feet. It's inevitable and you sometimes feel it during the days or sleep too these pin cuts pain will get slightly more when u lengthen more. The pin cuts feels like small cuts at pin sites, after awhile i got used to it. Not really painful in my opinion. Physiotherapy will get more challenging at the later part as I experienced the same with femur lengthening.

The downside was the frame could get some used to for being "comfortable" with it. I couldn't get decent sleep with it on. Been sleeping like 4 hrs maximum in a stretch followed by naps of 2 hrs. I'm ok with it now it's getting better by the day as expected. So far until now, I have refused to take any pain killers and sleeping pills. And I'm doing really well no complications and i'm at about 2 cm now! I hope to have your blessings!

That's pretty much all for now. Will keep you guys posted! Cheers now!
NOW: Dr Sarin External LON for Tibia LL
Current height: 180 cm | Goal height: 186 - 188 cm
DONE: Dr Sarin Internal Hydraulic Nail for Femur LL
Before height: 173 cm | Achieved height: 180 cm
Pages: [1]   Go Up