Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: How much height could a man possibly stunt with the worst diet and lifestyle?  (Read 19859 times)

If he lives in a pretty developed country, but severely depressed, extremely sleep deprived (0-2hours a night) and eat tons of carbs without vitamins and proteins since 5th grade?

TIBIKE200

0-3cm
I learned some stuff during this time

0-3cm

How did you come up with this arbitrary number? 3cm would make a great difference to me, not a totally different world, but a GREAT difference.

MrHandsome

More than you think honestly.

onemorefoot

Did you know if you had symptoms of malnutrition?  Also, are you sure that your average sleeping time were 2 hours? Those are factors that could stunt you growth rate by a good amount of cm, but you have to know if you are not exaggerating. Severe malnutrition is what I am asking for.
Budget will determine my future.

MrHandsome

Malnutrition stunts your growth. But it depends if you are actually malnourished or not.

TIBIKE200

How did you come up with this arbitrary number? 3cm would make a great difference to me, not a totally different world, but a GREAT difference.

Genetics.

Height is 80% genetic but not in the sense that 80% of your height is genetic, but that 80% of the deviation from what your prospective height was supposed to be is due to genetics.

Let's say that according to the formula your height was supposed to be 180cm. That means that 80% of the 12cm difference between your 168cm and 180cm is due to genetics while 20% is due to lifesyle and such... So 0.2X12=2.4 which means that 2.4cm out of the 12cm is due to lifestyle.

In genetic linkeage studies using SNPs scientists were able to pinpoint participants height accurately (by a margine error of 0-3cm of difference from what they expected).

You can believe in science or you can believe mrhandsome

Did you know if you had symptoms of malnutrition?  Also, are you sure that your average sleeping time were 2 hours? Those are factors that could stunt you growth rate by a good amount of cm, but you have to know if you are not exaggerating. Severe malnutrition is what I am asking for.

I'm positive of the sleep thing.

I didn't malnutrition, but I used to eat mostly a lot of rice and little chicken or egg because I thought it was cheap. and my mother used to teach the habit of not eating the chickens/fish too many because other family members also wanted to eat.

That's why it became a habit that I preferred to eat rice more eventhough my family was far from being financially challenged. I didn't realize I was fking myself up. So didn't I when I decided to sleep 2 hours a night. Sometimes I didn't sleep at all and went to school directly.

I had sleeping problem, I was under too much pressure during my school time which made me prefer to be awake at night so because my subsconcious knew that if I slept right away, I'd be facing the morning directly.

Genetics.

Height is 80% genetic but not in the sense that 80% of your height is genetic, but that 80% of the deviation from what your prospective height was supposed to be is due to genetics.

Let's say that according to the formula your height was supposed to be 180cm. That means that 80% of the 12cm difference between your 168cm and 180cm is due to genetics while 20% is due to lifesyle and such... So 0.2X12=2.4 which means that 2.4cm out of the 12cm is due to lifestyle.

In genetic linkeage studies using SNPs scientists were able to pinpoint participants height accurately (by a margine error of 0-3cm of difference from what they expected).

Okay, how do you explain my 5'11" friend, with a 5'6.5" father and a 4'11" mother.

MrHandsome

Genetics.

We are in agreement. 3cm is a huge difference just fking lol. This highly invasive surgery yields a 5-10cm gain.

Body Builder

Okay, how do you explain my 5'11" friend, with a 5'6.5" father and a 4'11" mother.
A rare exception.

And also, 3cm does not make any real difference to any mentally stable person.
Even if you were 3cm taller you would still be considered short and would have problem with your height.
Only if you were 5.9 and above (6-7cm more than you are) you could say you would see a real difference. 3cm are just a joke.

TIBIKE200

I already explained it.. Genetics.

He was supposed to be 165cm but became 180? 3cm of those 15cm difference are due to enviroment and the other 12cm are due to genetics. What I said doesn't contradicts it

A rare exception.

Even if you were 3cm taller you would still be considered short and would have problem with your height.
Only if you were 5.9 and above (6-7cm more than you are) you could say you would see a real difference. 3cm are just a joke.

This kind of mentality is fked up and can go forever. Every inch counts. It makes a good difference, another 3cm and my height starts with 17... cm whereas now it starts with 16... With lifts, I'd be 5'9" if I was 5'7".

If I was 3cm shorter, then I'd be much more fked. I'd be officially below average than the average white female of 5'5".

MrHandsome

3 cm makes a difference. I would go from 173cm to 176cm which is in the average range. So yes 3cm most certainly makes a difference, no doubt about it.

Bander72

Too much cope in this thread.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

I already explained it.. Genetics.

He was supposed to be 165cm but became 180? 3cm of those 15cm difference are due to enviroment and the other 12cm are due to genetics. What I said doesn't contradicts it

So this dude got 15cm difference from 169cm father and 150 moher. Damn, I will never understand how this works.

A rare exception.

So 3 cm are just a joke, but spending 100k and getting semi-crippled to gain 5cm is not. You're SO mentally stable, Body Builder.

MrHandsome

3cm is a huge difference but who cares honestly.

google42

3cm is a huge difference but who cares honestly.
Idk, maybe to taller people it might be but for me when I wear shoes that give 3cm or more i don't notice a drastic difference.
I'm 5,5"-5'6" btw

Body Builder

So 3 cm are just a joke, but spending 100k and getting semi-crippled to gain 5cm is not. You're SO mentally stable, Body Builder.
With 5 cm you are not more crippled than 3 cm.
And guess what, who is the dumbest, the one who spends 100k to gain 3 cm or the one who gain almost 100% more (5-6 cm) with the same risks and money?
So your argument is just a bs. And I think most of people here could understand who is the unstable one between you and me.

MrHandsome

Lengthening 3cm is not a good idea. 5-6cm is the safest.

But having a 3cm increase in growth as a child or adolescent makes a huge difference. I hope that people can understand what I mean.

In this context, we are referring to growth as a teenager or child. It is safe to assume that a 3cm increase due to a growth spurt is a significant difference

myloginacct

Extreme stress can severely stunt one's growth, temporarily, until said person is removed from the stressing environment. See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosocial_short_stature

As for nutrition and lifestyle, I agree with everyone else. It's a small difference, at most - at least between these two last, well fed generations.

Extreme stress can severely stunt one's growth, temporarily, until said person is removed from the stressing environment. See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychosocial_short_stature

As for nutrition and lifestyle, I agree with everyone else. It's a small difference, at most - at least between these two last, well fed generations.

Well, I wasn't removed from the stressing environment until my growth plates were officially closed.

Genes have 80% to do with fully grown adult height so do the math. As humans, we'll never really know cause we can't live two lives of the exact same DNA and try one out with a great diet from birth and one out with a  ty diet from birth.

FDR101

Well, I wasn't removed from the stressing environment until my growth plates were officially closed.

Dude PSS is a condition observed in Feral children, who literally grow up with wolves and monkeys outside any human civilization. Or in the cases of wartime / captivity.

No human grows up in a perfect environment with zero stress. 99.999% chance is that you lived up to your genetic potential and just weren’t meant to be taller. A lot of boys grow up to be shorter than their father.

Mivsta101

Several inches. But you can make up for those lost inches if you are a late bloomer. I had the  tiest diet my whole life up until i turned 18. I was 5'5, weak and skinny as all hell. I started eating alot, injecting high doses of HGH and taking Letrozole on a daily basis. Keeping your estrogen levels very low is essential in making up for lost growth. I went from 5'5 to 5'9 and im almost 21. Still growing. My growth plates have realistically frozen on x rays and my doctor still asks me if i will stop growing after he saw how i managed to grow alot after 18. This goes to show that it all depends on when you started puberty, if your bone age is younger than your actual age and etc. If you started puberty young then you should be done growing by 18 if you were exposed to normal levels of estrogen. The human body has an amazing capability to catch up on growth and delay growth plate fusion, but since estrogen fuses growth plates, it will all depend on if you manage to keep the estrogen levels in your body very low or not.

IwannaBeTaller

Several inches. But you can make up for those lost inches if you are a late bloomer. I had the craptiest diet my whole life up until i turned 18. I was 5'5, weak and skinny as all hell. I started eating alot, injecting high doses of HGH and taking Letrozole on a daily basis. Keeping your estrogen levels very low is essential in making up for lost growth. I went from 5'5 to 5'9 and im almost 21. Still growing. My growth plates have realistically frozen on x rays and my doctor still asks me if i will stop growing after he saw how i managed to grow alot after 18. This goes to show that it all depends on when you started puberty, if your bone age is younger than your actual age and etc. If you started puberty young then you should be done growing by 18 if you were exposed to normal levels of estrogen. The human body has an amazing capability to catch up on growth and delay growth plate fusion, but since estrogen fuses growth plates, it will all depend on if you manage to keep the estrogen levels in your body very low or not.

This might have been true for you but most men don't grow anything substantial after 18 even with HGH treatment.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Dude PSS is a condition observed in Feral children, who literally grow up with wolves and monkeys outside any human civilization. Or in the cases of wartime / captivity.

No human grows up in a perfect environment with zero stress. 99.999% chance is that you lived up to your genetic potential and just weren’t meant to be taller. A lot of boys grow up to be shorter than their father.

I grew up with animals, figuratively. What I can assure you that the amount of stress I had was much higher than the average kids and teens have.

IwannaBeTaller

I grew up with animals, figuratively. What I can assure you that the amount of stress I had was much higher than the average kids and teens have.

It's very likely that you would have turned out, 6 foot 3, broad shouldered and with a pretty large penis and blue eyes, given the proper nutrition, no stress and lots of sleep, during your most crucial development period.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

It's very likely that you would have turned out, 6 foot 3, broad shouldered and with a pretty large penis and blue eyes, given the proper nutrition, no stress and lots of sleep, during your most crucial development period.

I am pretty broad shouldered for my height and anyone can do shoulder excercises.

I don't need blue eyes.

myloginacct

I'd honestly suggest you just leave this forum, Bruce. Posting on here will just keep making you feel bad. You already said you can't do LL because of martial arts, so I don't think you have anything to gain by staying here and being constantly reminded of height topics. Look into therapy to help you accept yourself as you are. Once you do manage that, it'll be just a matter of time until other people who do, too, enter your life.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up