Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: A friendly reminder/Word of warning  (Read 18835 times)

LIVELIFETHEWAYIWANT

Re: A friendly reminder/Word of warning
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2022, 09:17:54 PM »

I met 6 people did 8 cm femur after my surgery .

so we all did 8 CM s successfully .

2 out 7 of us , was able to start walking unassisted within 2 months into consolidation

It took 2 and half months for me to be able to walk , left 80% right 85% . 3 and half months to get to left 85% right 100% .

1 out of 7 , had a non-union 5 months into consolidation , just did a bone-graft surgery and in recovery .

I guess some people do heal quicker than others , the 2 fast healer , one was in his early 20s , one was mid 40s . so age does not matter too much than body conditions I guess.

I really took it slow because precise 2 is only partial weight bearing , so I did not attempt to move around until I was cleared by my DR that I can walk with crutches or walker .
Asianmale 36 LL 04/01-07/03 2022 FEMUR 8CM Precise2.2
XRAY: August 19th 40% both legs WHEELCHAIR (50days)
          OCT 21st left 80% right 85% CRUTCHES  (80days)
          NOV 17th  left 85% right 100% CANE      (110days)

sphenopetroclival

• Views don't represent views of Stanford Medicine
Re: A friendly reminder/Word of warning
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2023, 02:07:44 PM »

I've barely been checking or posting here, as fortunately both me and my life are very much past the recovery phase. The number one thing that I feel needs to be emphasized is that recovery time CAN take way longer than the estimates most people/dr.'s give. If I had a rigid schedule I would have been screwed- If I viewed certain people finding out as unacceptable I would have been screwed.

While many have planned to a fairly tight schedule and been fine, even going with the best dr., vigorously stretching, and doing absolutely everything you're supposed to- There is no guarantee you'll be fine in the time needed. I will say I am an outlier in terms of my recovery time, but it took months upon months to walk with any semblance of normalcy. With a good dr. I think long term everyone will be fine which is why I just wanted to pop in and remind the community of something that I emphasized often when I posted here more.

Surgeons are getting more experienced, technology is getting better...outcomes are improving.

https://orcid.org/0000-0001-7171-9248
LL “doctors” to avoid marked as *MOVED below.They’ve been reinstated as a professional courtesy
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up