Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: 5 people that are significantly shorter than their fathers  (Read 18522 times)

5 people that are significantly shorter than their fathers
« on: November 15, 2017, 10:56:22 PM »

Being 4" shorter than my own father is the biggest horror in my life and has hurt me probably more than my height itself. I've found some people that are in the same predicament as me. Remembering them, at least, will spare myself pain.

1. Robin Van Roosmalen - 5'6.5", father - 6'5"

Perhaps one of the biggest height disparity that ever happened.

2. Scott Caan - 5'5", father James Caan - 5'9"

3. Jaden Smith - 5'7", father Will Smith - 6'1.5"

4. Alfonso Freeman - 5'9", father Morgan Freeman - 6'2"

5. Scott Eastwood - 5'11", father Clint Eastwood - 6'4"

* Kron Gracie - 5'8.5", father Rickson Gracie - 5'9.5"

Both are listed at 5'9" but Kron always appears shorter in every picture.

In Fiction

Michael Corleone in The Godfather

Hud

In the movie Hud, Paul Newman (5'10")'s character is potrayed to be shorter than his father played by Melvyn Douglas (6'1.5").
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 11:18:17 PM by BruceWayne »

myloginacct

Re: 5 people that are significantly shorter than their fathers
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 11:40:20 PM »

You should include the mother's height for the full picture. Human height is a polygenic trait that goes as far as your grandparents' genes.

EDIT: Might as well do it myself.

So, Jaden's mother is only 4ft 11.5in, or 151.1cm tall. I'm also seeing some websites stating he is actually 174cm tall. He looks just a bit over 170cm to me. It's an interesting interaction. He could have been much worse off.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 12:09:49 AM »

Donald and Kiefer Sutherland.
Bill Gates and his father.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 08:57:35 PM »

You should include the mother's height for the full picture. Human height is a polygenic trait that goes as far as your grandparents' genes.

EDIT: Might as well do it myself.

So, Jaden's mother is only 4ft 11.5in, or 151.1cm tall. I'm also seeing some websites stating he is actually 174cm tall. He looks just a bit over 170cm to me. It's an interesting interaction. He could have been much worse off.

There's no really such thing. Most guys' mothers nowadays are midgets but still end up taller than their fathers. Only the minorities such as myself and the people mentioned above that are different.

If Will Smith is 186cm, then there's no way that's how 12cm looks like.

Donald and Kiefer Sutherland.
Bill Gates and his father.

Good suggestion. I missed that one.

6. Kiefer Sutherland - 5'8.5", father Donald Sutherland - 6'4"

myloginacct

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 09:13:09 PM »

Like I mentioned, it's a polygenic trait. Your mother's genes also play a significant role. Even your grandparents' do, if they were passed on. It's definitely not a rule that most men grow up to be at least as tall as their fathers.

myloginacct

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 09:35:51 PM »

Sorry for the double post, but since this one doesn't specifically relate to my previous one, I'll just post another.

Scott Caan is definitely the worst one off this list. His mother (R.I.P.) seemed of above average height (looked 5'6"~5'7"), and his father wasn't short (5'9").

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2017, 12:07:12 PM »

Sorry for the double post, but since this one doesn't specifically relate to my previous one, I'll just post another.

Scott Caan is definitely the worst one off this list. His mother (R.I.P.) seemed of above average height (looked 5'6"~5'7"), and his father wasn't short (5'9").

How did you come up with 5'6"-5'7"? Her mother looks quite shorter than him.

myloginacct

« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2017, 12:50:22 PM »

I saw old pictures of her with Elvis Presley, who was 182cm (6 feet), and she didn't look that far off from his height. She must have been using big heels. But yeah, I'll stop talking about her here. It feels weird to discuss things like this about people who passed away not that many years ago. Still, there we go. Short mother and not-tall father explains the variability that resulted in his height.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2017, 03:52:27 PM »

I saw old pictures of her with Elvis Presley, who was 182cm (6 feet), and she didn't look that far off from his height. She must have been using big heels. But yeah, I'll stop talking about her here. It feels weird to discuss things like this about people who passed away not that many years ago. Still, there we go. Short mother and not-tall father explains the variability that resulted in his height.

Which gives us one more reason to stop torturing ourselves by suspecting we stunted our growth by imperfect upbringing. Genetic variation allows a perfectly healthy person to still become shorter than his parent(s).

jojo

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2017, 04:29:20 PM »

Guys.

Most hieght comes from the mother

Body Builder

« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2017, 06:44:47 PM »

Scott Caan is almost exactly like I was with a 5.9 dad and a 5.2 mother I ended up at a 5.65 which was completely normal.
It is stupid for someone to believe he stunted his growth because he is not taller than his father.

Bander72

« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2017, 06:53:16 PM »

Yes sometimes the mother genes play more of a hand. I know two brothers one is 5 9 and the other 5 1 and their parents are 5 6 and 5 1.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

Bander72

« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2017, 06:56:47 PM »

Guys.

It depends on who gave the dominant genes for height. In my case I would of been screwed because my mother is 5 1 but that is not the case.

google42

« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2017, 07:09:40 PM »

It can work the other way too. I know people who have short parents but they end up being tall.

Android

« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2017, 07:13:32 PM »

We didn't nickname it "genetic lottery" without reason.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

YungGud

« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2017, 09:58:37 PM »

That's all kinda unpredictable things ,my mom and dad are really short (5 ft 2 and 5 ft 3) but I'm 5 ft 10 ,some  of my friends(2 brothers) who have taller parents  (about 5 ft 7 and 5 ft 5) ended up with 5 ft 8.5 and 5 ft 7
Height 5 ft 10 ( 178)
Goal 6 ft 2
wingspan 6 ft 2 (188)

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2017, 09:59:08 PM »

Which gives us one more reason to stop torturing ourselves by suspecting we stunted our growth by imperfect upbringing. Genetic variation allows a perfectly healthy person to still become shorter than his parent(s).

I'm not saying it couldn't happen genetically. It's just minority.

Scott Caan is almost exactly like I was with a 5.9 dad and a 5.2 mother I ended up at a 5.65 which was completely normal.
It is stupid for someone to believe he stunted his growth because he is not taller than his father.

and also because his sleep deprivation and depression were extreme.

Guys.

Yes sometimes the mother genes play more of a hand. I know two brothers one is 5 9 and the other 5 1 and their parents are 5 6 and 5 1.

If it was true, most guys would be shorter than their fathers today. There are thousands of celebrities, I only managed to find about 6 people in this case.

Bander72

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2017, 10:10:48 PM »

I'm not saying it couldn't happen genetically. It's just minority.

and also because his sleep deprivation and depression were extreme.

If it was true, most guys would be shorter than their fathers today. There are thousands of celebrities, I only managed to find about 6 people in this case.

The key word I said was sometimes. It depends what genes are dominant and recessive and as the other user pointed out sometimes other factors have to be considered when both parents are super short but the child grows to 5 10.

myloginacct

« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2017, 11:51:17 PM »

Well, they're not mutually exclusive. You could do bad on the genetic lottery and still miss a couple centimeters due to your life and nutrition. But yeah, most of the height boils down to genetics.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 12:30:41 AM »

Well, they're not mutually exclusive. You could do bad on the genetic lottery and still miss a couple centimeters due to your life and nutrition. But yeah, most of the height boils down to genetics.

A couple of centimeters will not decide your life's fate.

« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 06:09:53 AM »

A couple of centimeters will not decide your life's fate.

A couple of centimeters are huge.

MrHandsome

« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 07:45:54 AM »

You say that a couple of centimeters won't decide your life's fate yet people are willing to get surgery for a couple of centimeters. How ironic.

Bander72

« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2017, 08:29:41 AM »

Yes on this point handsome is right. If I was 4 cm taller I would opt to not do the surgery.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2017, 10:29:46 AM »

If a couple of centimeters make a huge difference to you, then that's only becaue of mental reasons. It's only because of the magic number that is your height in centimeters which you are satisfied or not satisfied with. BruceWayne is obviously a guy with mental issues, and that's not meant as an insult. There's nothing shameful about having mental problems, but one can acknowledge they exist in some people. There is no significant difference between a guy and another guy who's 4 cm taller.

« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2017, 11:04:30 AM »

If a couple of centimeters make a huge difference to you, then that's only becaue of mental reasons. It's only because of the magic number that is your height in centimeters which you are satisfied or not satisfied with. BruceWayne is obviously a guy with mental issues, and that's not meant as an insult. There's nothing shameful about having mental problems, but one can acknowledge they exist in some people. There is no significant difference between a guy and another guy who's 4 cm taller.

There's nothing shameful about having mental problems as much as being short.

To make you understand, imagine me being 167cm. Do you know how many women that are 168cm-172cm? It makes a difference whether I'm 1-5cm shorter than her or same height or 1-5cm taller. 170cm tall girl would be physically looking down at me when talking to me whereas she wouldn't if I was 170cm/171cm. It can work the other way too, imagine me being 163-164cm, I'd be officially below average height of white female whereas technically I'm above average as 167cm.

Bander72

« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2017, 11:31:16 AM »

In my case I wear 4cm lift so I know what those extra 4 cm will feel like. I can say standing at 179 i am content but of course not fully satisfied.

Bаnder72

• Visitor
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2017, 04:28:54 PM »

You have no credibility in the forum so why don't you go back to whatever mental institution you escaped from in Brazil.

Why would I? Cause the truth hurts you sooo bad? Can’t handle a little constructive criticism? I don’t expect you to cry this soon and tap out this early.

You don’t need to grow some bones to height up

You need to grow some balls and man up ;)
Banned:  impersonate another user account with similar nick.

Bander72

« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2017, 04:34:01 PM »

Why would I? Cause the truth hurts you sooo bad? Can’t handle a little constructive criticism? I don’t expect you to cry this soon and tap out this early.

You don’t need to grow some bones to height up

You need to grow some balls and man up ;)

Says the butt hurt lunatic that makes 3 alt accounts of me. You made an ass of yourself when you fell for the monegal impersonator and you continue to do it with your lunatic ramblings. No sane doctor would operate a lunatic such as yourself. Your gonna have to go to a quack doctor in India. :D

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2017, 05:47:46 PM »

There's nothing shameful about having mental problems as much as being short.

To make you understand, imagine me being 167cm. Do you know how many women that are 168cm-172cm? It makes a difference whether I'm 1-5cm shorter than her or same height or 1-5cm taller. 170cm tall girl would be physically looking down at me when talking to me whereas she wouldn't if I was 170cm/171cm. It can work the other way too, imagine me being 163-164cm, I'd be officially below average height of white female whereas technically I'm above average as 167cm.

At 164 cm you are not talking about "only 4 cm too short", that height is 10-15 cm below average depending on where you are. Of course if you were 164 you would be happier at 168, but would you be satisfied and fully content with your height? So much that the 4 cm difference warrants a huge difference in living quality? If the answer is "yes", then there you go, it's all not as bad as you paint it to be. You can either wear 3 cm lifts or do a 4 cm LL surgery with mediocre costs and mild risks, which will very likely not leave you crippled. Your problems can definitely be solved. If the answer is "no", then 4 cm are not "huge" or will decide your life's fate.

« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2017, 07:15:09 PM »

At 164 cm you are not talking about "only 4 cm too short", that height is 10-15 cm below average depending on where you are. Of course if you were 164 you would be happier at 168, but would you be satisfied and fully content with your height? So much that the 4 cm difference warrants a huge difference in living quality? If the answer is "yes", then there you go, it's all not as bad as you paint it to be. You can either wear 3 cm lifts or do a 4 cm LL surgery with mediocre costs and mild risks, which will very likely not leave you crippled. Your problems can definitely be solved. If the answer is "no", then 4 cm are not "huge" or will decide your life's fate.

I meant to say that 163-164cm is 3-4cm shorter than my current height. As much as I despise my current height, I must admit that if I was 164cm then it'd be game over. Now at 167cm, the situation is like a shattered glass that is not yet broken. I'm 2" under male decent height (of 5'8").

And one more thing, I've been wearing lifts for years. It DOES HELP to mask my lack of height, but it DOES NOT SOLVE the problem. A 178cm guy can also wear lifts to get to 183cm.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #30 on: November 18, 2017, 11:19:23 PM »

I meant to say that 163-164cm is 3-4cm shorter than my current height. As much as I despise my current height, I must admit that if I was 164cm then it'd be game over. Now at 167cm, the situation is like a shattered glass that is not yet broken. I'm 2" under male decent height (of 5'8").

And one more thing, I've been wearing lifts for years. It DOES HELP to mask my lack of height, but it DOES NOT SOLVE the problem. A 178cm guy can also wear lifts to get to 183cm.

Right, the 164 guy is just an example. But the principle still applies: If only 4 cm are really "a huge difference, a life changer" to you then that must mean your life would be turned around 180 degrees and change completely, if you were 171 instead of 167. When in reality, it's just a negligible height difference and the life of two random people who are 4 cm apart will not be extremely different.

Case in point, there are quite a lot of people of your "desired height" wishing to do LL. And there are some people who are at around 168 who say they decided not do LL or don't think about it because their lives are fine. So it's clearly not an objective, big difference between 171 and 167 but to your specific situation (which your mental state plays a huge part in) it is.

So if your "desired height" is all you want, go ahead and plan for your surgery. As I said, 4 cm can be done with relatively controllable risks and you should be fine. But don't think that your life and your physical appearance will be 100% better and different than it is now. It won't.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up