Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Has the LL community changed? For better or worse?  (Read 2285 times)

Zeo

Has the LL community changed? For better or worse?
« on: November 23, 2017, 12:34:30 PM »

Maybe it's because I've been paying more attention but here are the things I have noticed.

Less diaries/responses to diaries- THIS is the strangest part, you figured as the technology gets better and more people find out about the surgery there would be more. Maybe it's because there are so many diaries now that people dont feel obligated to share their expeirences to help grow the collective knowledge.

More 180cm ish people wanting to do LL- I remember there used to be one or two but now there's dozens of them on the forum

Idk if it was just a result of the censorship of the old forum, but i remember this sense of community and feeling like we are all in this together, it's hard to pinpoint but there seems less of this now. Maybe it's because most of the "pioneering" is done, we know about the vast majority of doctors already and there are less new information coming up.

What does everybody think?
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

ShortArm

Re: Has the LL community changed? For better or worse?
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 05:10:58 PM »

My place in this forum has been to find out about Arm lenghtening. To be honest its hard to find diaries and other people going trough. But i have been fortunate to be intouch of couple of AL guys.

It seems there are not as mutch diaries, but the good thing about diaries we have. They pretty mutch tell the experiences pretty well if you read enough. It is kind of same with arms and legs. Trauma pain - > stretch pain and long time to recover.

If you ask me. I am happy to read about AL stories and there is not too mutch of those.

What i have been in contact of couple of doctors it seems that AL is slightly easier for the patient compared to legs, but the scare is higher because these are your arms.

Knik

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 03:53:47 PM »

The actual forum is ludicrous.
Looking for Pili

Ozymandias

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 04:24:42 PM »

Average forum member then:
5'3 or 5'4 guy who faced height discrimination for all his life. Wants to do LL to became "normal/average". Doesn't expect LL to be a "easy mode" life hack, he just wants to get rid of his short stature. Interested mostly in reading extensively about lengthening methods and patient experiences.

Average forum member now:
5'10 or 5'11 millennial incel who falls for all the "if you are under 6'2..." memes out there. Thinks that life is not worth living unless you are a 6'3 Adonis like Chris Hemsworth. Claims to be doing this "for himself" but actually he is doing this for 1) girls, 2) girls, and 3) girls. Fails to realize that his problem is not his height, but his bitter and immature personality that repels girls like a citronella candle repels mosquitoes (maybe he is ugly, too). Interested mostly in sh*tposting about how his "short stature" (huehuehue) has screwed his life.

Knik

« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 05:01:59 PM »

Average forum member then:
5'3 or 5'4 guy who faced height discrimination for all his life. Wants to do LL to became "normal/average". Doesn't expect LL to be a "easy mode" life hack, he just wants to get rid of his short stature. Interested mostly in reading extensively about lengthening methods and patient experiences.

Average forum member now:
5'10 or 5'11 millennial incel who falls for all the "if you are under 6'2..." memes out there. Thinks that life is not worth living unless you are a 6'3 Adonis like Chris Hemsworth. Claims to be doing this "for himself" but actually he is doing this for 1) girls, 2) girls, and 3) girls. Fails to realize that his problem is not his height, but his bitter and immature personality that repels girls like a citronella candle repels mosquitoes (maybe he is ugly, too). Interested mostly in sh*tposting about how his "short stature" (huehuehue) has screwed his life.

not wrong, but still the actual average is clearly under 5'9
Looking for Pili

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 06:18:47 PM »

not wrong, but still the actual average is clearly under 5'9
Well said.
The thing that some 5.10+ weirdos come here does not mean that the average here is less than 5.8 and most of the times less than 5.7 too.
After all even in the old forum there were already some more than average guys like Tall or some very close to average  like Craig and the first admin.

Thatdude950

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 09:46:12 PM »

It's a lot less deluded. Read old forum around 2011-2013. Everyone's full of hope and excitement but there's little to no understanding of what LL can actually do, & how badly it affects the body. Everyone was deluded. More posters seem sensible, realistic & conservative now. Diary after diary of complications & poor recoveries will do that. 

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2017, 11:06:42 PM »

It's a lot less deluded. Read old forum around 2011-2013. Everyone's full of hope and excitement but there's little to no understanding of what LL can actually do, & how badly it affects the body. Everyone was deluded. More posters seem sensible, realistic & conservative now. Diary after diary of complications & poor recoveries will do that.

Less deluded in some aspects, but several orders of magnitude more deluded when it comes to other aspects. (The "all women in the world want tall men and height is the first and foremost attribute every girl wants in a man, it doesn't matter if I lose physical ability as long as I'm 6 feet / 6'1' / 6'2 " mindset seems to be a lot more common these days).
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

myloginacct

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2017, 03:22:03 AM »

It really is ridiculous. 177~182cm is basically the best height range for body building. And I know they might not believe it, but not every woman out there wants to date a giant they can't even kiss or look into the eyes properly. There's also such a thing as starting to be too tall for short women. They might still like the height but will feel awkward. Not all of them - some love that disparity -, but enough of them to take that into consideration. To think so many people would risk so much, at perfectly fine heights, over these weird ideas they have about women...

The sad part for them is that if it works, and they were right, they just got themselves a partner that cares the most about something they're not. They'll have to hide and lie forever if they ever want kids from the kind of person they managed to attract. The ideal use of LL with regards to your dating life should be just to get the initial height prejudice some women have out of the way, so they can get to know you better and hopefully stay in the relationship for your other qualities... if it's being the whole reason they're being with you, you got yourself a problem instead - in the case you're planning anything more serious than a fling or one-night stand. Is it worth it risking hip and knee arthritis, fat embolism, non-union or never running again for a marginally bigger success rate with random nightclub chicks? Obviously not... Just keep trying and you'll still be bound to have success at some point, specially given none of these people are short.

« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2017, 10:04:52 PM »

In the past in old forum  everyone was doing 8+ cm for the most part. Now people are way more conservative or atleast encourage no more than 6+8.

Thatdude950

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 01:14:08 AM »

Less deluded in some aspects, but several orders of magnitude more deluded when it comes to other aspects. (The "all women in the world want tall men and height is the first and foremost attribute every girl wants in a man, it doesn't matter if I lose physical ability as long as I'm 6 feet / 6'1' / 6'2 " mindset seems to be a lot more common these days).

Yep, well said.

Bander72

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2017, 11:58:03 AM »

Since I joined in September of last year, the quality of post has diminished. The forum has turned into a insane asylum with people who want to lengthen 3 cm and lunatics that want more height despite being 6 feet.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

FDR101

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2017, 12:01:06 PM »

Since I joined in September of last year, the quality of post has diminished. The forum has turned into a insane asylum with people who want to lengthen 3 cm and lunatics that want more height despite being 6 feet.

I’d say lengthening 3 cm is a lot more sensible than people lengthening 7-9 cm in one segment.

Bander72

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2017, 12:07:12 PM »

I’d say lengthening 3 cm is a lot more sensible than people lengthening 7-9 cm in one segment.

If it's femur then 7 is more sensible. Of course if it's tibia it is not. I don't see the point of doing 3 cm when you can use some higher heel shoes.  Not to mention getting your legs broken just for that.

Body Builder

« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2017, 01:42:45 PM »

Thats a reality too.
There are many lunatics who are willing to break their legs to get 3cm just to reach a certaim height or because they think they'll be completely ok compared to 6cm for instance which they think will ruin them for life.

But the madness level increased with the last case who a 5.8 american did external quadrilateral in Vietnam.
This is the top of stupidity I ever saw here.

FDR101

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2017, 02:17:26 PM »

It isn’t the bone break the doctor performs medically that gives you problems long term. It is the unnatural stretching of soft tissue and nerve-cells along with misalignment.

I would again emphasize that if someone did 3-4 cm and his height nerosis was then gone, would be a lot better than people going for large increases in one segment to reach a certain height.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think going from 179.5cm to 183 is life changing and I wouldn’t do it personally. But remembering the old forum I would say it is from a medical point of view a lot more sensible than people doing 10cm+ with the clicking horrorshow.

It would be interesting if we could get numbers on whether LL in general is surging in demand.

Body Builder

« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2017, 02:35:54 PM »

Even bone breaking, nail insert (for internals or lon) are enough to cause trauma to not be completely ok after LL. I have some pains where the pin sites were even now,6 years after my LL when I try to run and also the skin in this area is almost numb due to nerve damage from the pins.
So saying that only stretching cause problems is wrong. Even if you put frames/nails for 1 week and then remove it you won't be completely ok.

Of course too much lengthening is what causes most of the problems but even the injury per se causes problems. That's why it is stupid to do all these for 3cm.
Anything from 5-6 cm on tibias and 5-7 cm on femurs is on the safe side. People who want to do less than that don't need LL, they need a a psychologist because they are harming their bodies for almost nothing at all.

Bander72

« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2017, 02:57:53 PM »

It isn’t the bone break the doctor performs medically that gives you problems long term. It is the unnatural stretching of soft tissue and nerve-cells along with misalignment.

I would again emphasize that if someone did 3-4 cm and his height nerosis was then gone, would be a lot better than people going for large increases in one segment to reach a certain height.

Dont get me wrong, I dont think going from 179.5cm to 183 is life changing and I wouldn’t do it personally. But remembering the old forum I would say it is from a medical point of view a lot more sensible than people doing 10cm+ with the clicking horrorshow.

It would be interesting if we could get numbers on whether LL in general is surging in demand.

That was not my point. I had my left arm broken when I was younger and I can't imagine how two legs would be. Not just from pain but the struggle of performing everyday life  activitys and of course the complications that can happen because of 'LL.

And on a second point you made. What if that individual that did 3 cm did the surgery but still has height neurosis? Now in his head he needs a second one, when he could of done 6 cm in the first one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up