Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LON in Vietnam  (Read 35668 times)

Sarcastic.jr

• Visitor
Re: LON in Vietnam
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2017, 07:35:16 AM »

The surgery is already over with if he was sent to the operating room/theater

Not the best decision to do quadrilateral LL in Vietnam of course. But at this point there is no point in trying to reverse his decision. It's done. The best thing we can do is try to convince him to lengthen safely and a moderate amount.

Sarcastic Jr/Dr. Sarcastic please fk off. It's sad how pathetic your life is that you decide to just to shiit talk on an LL forum, I feel sorry for you honestly, not talking about this thread in particular just your general posts.

More than crap talking I am stating what everyone should of been saying to him. Perhaps not in a harsh turn, but certainly not saying this is why no one post journal here. Instead of convincing him, not to do this insanity. 

He is doing the surgery in Vietnam. He is doing qaudrilateral which is not a good idea with ANY doctor, much less from a third world country. He is doing femur with externals. This should tell you that he lacked research and needed to be convinced of going against his stupidity, not having people be neutral. His chances of making a full recovery are as good as the USA team wining the world cup next year. I'm also not convinced that this is all genuine and neither should anyone without any solid evidence given.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 08:05:10 AM by Sarcastic.jr »
Banned for Multiple Accounts (Bander72)

iwanttobeabillionaire

• Visitor
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2017, 10:10:45 AM »

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is quadrilaterals? Is that when you do both femurs and tibias at the same time?

Bander72

« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2017, 10:40:10 AM »

More than crap talking I am stating what everyone should of been saying to him. Perhaps not in a harsh turn, but certainly not saying this is why no one post journal here. Instead of convincing him, not to do this insanity. 

He is doing the surgery in Vietnam. He is doing qaudrilateral which is not a good idea with ANY doctor, much less from a third world country. He is doing femur with externals. This should tell you that he lacked research and needed to be convinced of going against his stupidity, not having people be neutral. His chances of making a full recovery are as good as the USA team wining the world cup next year. I'm also not convinced that this is all genuine and neither should anyone without any solid evidence given.

Yeah it's true that it was a foolish decision but if he did go through with it then he is the one that will deal with the consequences. No point in debating it know.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2017, 10:42:42 AM »

The better decision honestly would've been to do like 4-5 cm on tibia or 5-6 on the femurs and then recover. Then see if a second LL is even NECESSARY for your well-being, given that he could've been 5'10-5'11'' after surgery no. 1.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Dr. Sarcastic

• Visitor
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2017, 01:25:36 PM »

Enjoy your future....
« Last Edit: November 29, 2017, 01:48:40 PM by Dr. Sarcastic »
User banned for usage of hostility/insult/name-calling/ toward other users.

The Dreamer

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2017, 01:41:09 PM »

I'm also not convinced that this is all genuine and neither should anyone without any solid evidence given.
I'm skeptical too because lately there was the invasion of aspirants that claimed to have done it in Vietnam or people however linked with that country like that crappy assistant Thao
I hope the OP will give us some evidence,waiting for that I hope the best for the LLer and his surgery
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

WarRose

• Visitor
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2017, 01:44:08 PM »

He did tibial first and then after it is finished (nails locked and frames removal) he will have to wait for a few weeks and then he will do femurs.

I mail to doctor's assistant

FDR101

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2017, 02:10:16 PM »

He did tibial first and then after it is finished (nails locked and frames removal) he will have to wait for a few weeks and then he will do femurs.

I mail to doctor's assistant

Isn’t it crucial to exercise your legs post tibia lengthening to make sure your muscles develop to avoid ballerina?

It would be very hard to do so if femurs were operated on straight afterwards.

How long until he can walk again?

WarRose

• Visitor
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2017, 02:32:31 PM »

Isn’t it crucial to exercise your legs post tibia lengthening to make sure your muscles develop to avoid ballerina?

It would be very hard to do so if femurs were operated on straight afterwards.

How long until he can walk again?

Let's just wait and see what will happens
I hope he will fine

Android

« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2017, 05:52:29 PM »

More than crap talking I am stating what everyone should of been saying to him.

You weren't the first to dissuade him or question his decision. That said, differing opinions are fine; even stern warnings are welcome. The problem was your tone.

We get it, your username implies that you'll be sarcastic, but I'm not inclined to give everything a pass just because there's a preface. This isn't Reddit where we go mainly for laughs, where joke accounts are aplenty. This is a forum to receive support and to get information for life-changing surgeries.

If you want to give sound advice, go for it. Your last reply was great, I commend its thoughtfulness. It beckons careful reading, consideration, and respect. The previous replies just conjured knee-jerk reactions. If you want to have fun, I suggest Off Topic.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Sarcastic.jr

• Visitor
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2017, 10:32:57 PM »

You weren't the first to dissuade him or question his decision. That said, differing opinions are fine; even stern warnings are welcome. The problem was your tone.

We get it, your username implies that you'll be sarcastic, but I'm not inclined to give everything a pass just because there's a preface. This isn't Reddit where we go mainly for laughs, where joke accounts are aplenty. This is a forum to receive support and to get information for life-changing surgeries.

If you want to give sound advice, go for it. Your last reply was great, I commend its thoughtfulness. It beckons careful reading, consideration, and respect. The previous replies just conjured knee-jerk reactions. If you want to have fun, I suggest Off Topic.

My post were not for fun, they were a wake up call for the op to snap out of it. Some people need to get slapped figuratively for their own good. Not wished good luck in his insane idea. That is mute as if he already did it then were looking at this as the best outcome.

http://img.wennermedia.com/920-width/503cripplefight-bb6bbcd2-3010-4192-b398-0d86dd363616.jpg

normythebear

« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2017, 11:39:01 PM »

I’m doing alright. There’s a lot of pain. This hospital is modern and the staff is competent. I’m doing 6.5cm tibia, and if everything goes well, 5.5 cm femur.

Android

« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2017, 11:50:44 PM »

I’m doing alright. There’s a lot of pain. This hospital is modern and the staff is competent. I’m doing 6.5cm tibia, and if everything goes well, 5.5 cm femur.

Welcome back, please tell us more after getting some rest. Best of luck.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #44 on: November 30, 2017, 12:11:08 AM »

That's a typo, yeah? Surely you do less on the tibae than on the femurs?
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

dean9191

« Reply #45 on: November 30, 2017, 12:13:48 AM »

Hi mate how are you doing? can you post us some pics of the hospital and ur journey? wish u good luck mate.

Bander72

« Reply #46 on: November 30, 2017, 12:15:44 AM »

That's a typo, yeah? Surely you do less on the tibae than on the femurs?

He's doing full external though, makes sense to do less on femur. Honestly he should do 4 cm on femur and even then I think he is still gonna face complications.
Bander72: Banned for Impersonating A Dr (fake Dr.Monegal)  account

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2017, 12:29:52 AM »

Be careful with external femurs, especially monorail. My surgeon told me that because the muscles in your thighs are so strong, monorails can't deal with the tension past a certain point and it can cause problems with alignment when going over 3-4cm, not to mention the scarring that will reduce your knee ROM - bluebarbie had that issue most recently. Be on top of your surgeon for updates on your x-rays or ask for explanations (don't settle for a dismissive "don't worry, it's fine") if you don't feel right.

Imo, go 10 cm total with a max of 6 in tibias and 4 in femur since you're already going to go through with external femur lengthening.

Good luck.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

LAGrowin

« Reply #48 on: November 30, 2017, 01:02:14 AM »

Wishing you well man.  Hopefully the pain will only last a few weeks.  Thereafter it dwindles down.  All the best. 

Sarcastic.jr

• Visitor
« Reply #49 on: November 30, 2017, 01:02:48 AM »

Be careful with external femurs, especially monorail. My surgeon told me that because the muscles in your thighs are so strong, monorails can't deal with the tension past a certain point and it can cause problems with alignment when going over 3-4cm, not to mention the scarring that will reduce your knee ROM - bluebarbie had that issue most recently. Be on top of your surgeon for updates on your x-rays or ask for explanations (don't settle for a dismissive "don't worry, it's fine") if you don't feel right.

Imo, go 10 cm total with a max of 6 in tibias and 4 in femur since you're already going to go through with external femur lengthening.

Good luck.

And he wants to do 5.5 on the femur.... Do we need more evidence that there needs to be a stupidity test before doing LL. Also a ban of these third world doctors on the forum. I know the forum has to be unbiased but its stuff like this that leads to multiple people getting crippled.

normythebear

« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2017, 02:44:25 AM »

What are you trying to accomplish, Sarcastic? You say “that crappy assistant, Thao”. Have you had interaction with him? Have you done LL? Are you even planning to do it?

dean9191

« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2017, 03:01:36 AM »

show us some evidence mate thats all we need. and I'm sure you will be fine if you listen to your body

iwanttobeabillionaire

• Visitor
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2017, 03:32:59 AM »

Glad to hear you are doing okay.

Are you in HCMC or Hanoi? Would love to meet up!

Sarcastic.jr

• Visitor
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2017, 03:52:49 AM »

What are you trying to accomplish, Sarcastic? You say “that crappy assistant, Thao”. Have you had interaction with him? Have you done LL? Are you even planning to do it?

You need to work on your reading comprehension. When did I ever post about "that crappy assistant thao". If I had a lobotomy done then I would gladly do it with him.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 04:49:28 AM by Sarcastic.jr »

normythebear

« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2017, 06:22:26 AM »

Billionaire, I’m in HCMC. Feel free to stop by and I can discuss it with you. Just send me a PM and I’ll tell you which hospital I’m in. I’m reconsidering doing femurs now, because apparently they hurt more and have greater potential for damage. If the the pain I’m experiencing is already this much, I can’t inagine something hurting more. I haven’t figured out how to post photos on this forum. Once I figure it out, I’ll post them.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2017, 07:09:17 AM »

I haven’t figured out how to post photos on this forum. Once I figure it out, I’ll post them.

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2183.0
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

Sarcastic.jr

• Visitor
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2017, 07:32:04 AM »

Billionaire, I’m in HCMC. Feel free to stop by and I can discuss it with you. Just send me a PM and I’ll tell you which hospital I’m in. I’m reconsidering doing femurs now, because apparently they hurt more and have greater potential for damage. If the the pain I’m experiencing is already this much, I can’t inagine something hurting more. I haven’t figured out how to post photos on this forum. Once I figure it out, I’ll post them.

No   dumb ass that's what everyone has been saying. I love how you said apparently, shows the research that you have done. That doctor is a quack for giving you the idea that you could. Go ahead and do the 5.5 on femur. The doctor will gladly do it after he gets his money.

HHHeir

• Visitor
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2017, 07:57:16 AM »

Hey normythebear, how are you? how was your surgery? could you please tell us your pain level?

normythebear

« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2017, 08:58:15 AM »

When I’m talking to people it is bearable. When I’m in the room and can’t sleep, it’s pretty bad, even with pain medications. There’s really no noticeable pain except for the lowermost pin sites, which hurt a lot.

Body Builder

« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2017, 12:20:56 PM »

The pain will get much less after 2-3 days. Hold on and think wisely to not do femurs, especially externally because yes, femurs with externals hurt 10 times more.

Bаnder72

• Visitor
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2017, 02:50:29 PM »

Doing external on femurs both at the same time is a real obstacle to deal with when moving around. You should do one leg femur, then the other to resolve complications
Banned:  impersonate another user account with similar nick.

HHHeir

• Visitor
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2017, 04:44:01 PM »

Hope the pain will get better in few day time. Did you tell the doctor about the lower pain?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up