Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: LON in Vietnam  (Read 35659 times)

Tiger9898

Re: LON in Vietnam
« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2018, 03:41:07 PM »

For interested people, message from them.

We has increased our price due to these following reasons:

1. We switched the hospital from the beginning of December 2017 onwards. Thanks to its advanced facilities and attentive care service, it's easily one of the best available and most expensive in all of the Ho Chi Minh city, thus the raise in the package fee. On top of that, from the beginning of December 2017 onwards, the government has imposed a new restriction that hospitals need to go through a series of accreditation and obtain a specific license if they want to operate a foreigner, which means foreign patients can not receive the surgery in an ordinary hospital anymore. They need to have the surgery done in hospitals that comply with the new restriction. As a result, they charge the foreign patients 40% higher than they charge the locals.

2. We invested a great deal of money to revamp the whole guesthouse and all rooms to make sure the patients have a pleasant stay here. All rooms are specifically designed to be wheelchair-friendly and easily accessible. Many subtle changes have been made to bring about a carefree recovery experience for the patients.

3. Salary raise for our staff. Cost increase in meals and ingredients.

4. Costs for the lawyer and notarisation of contracts for the maximum protection of patients' interest and peace of mind. Risk funds for potential complications as a result of surgery is also established to ensure potential complications would be treayed in a timely fashion.

5. We also improve with cosmetic sewing technique for your scars and your pinsite as well as reduce the pinsite size.

6. We have developed an anti-ballenrine shoes for patients to wear during their lengthening period so that they will have second to none ballenrine feet.

Along with a new form of contract.
Which state:
1. If you have any kind of complication, we will fix it for free until healed with charging any fee (Including accommodation, meals, surgery fee etc)
2. If we cannot fix it, you can go to another doctor and we will cover 100% of the cost
3. We will give you warranty 10 years after the first surgery.

For the internal nail, we are working on it. As soon as we ready to release it, we will let you know.
It is so impressive that they are saying If we cannot fix it, you can go to another doctor and we will cover 100% of the cost
Age-19
Starting height: 162,5-163 cm (5 feet 4 inches)
Goal: 6,5 cm femur lengthening

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #156 on: April 25, 2018, 09:53:40 PM »

What are the lengthening costs in vietnam for 2 segments?

lucindaris

« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2018, 10:13:28 AM »

Just  multiply by 2.

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #158 on: April 26, 2018, 11:21:00 PM »

Where is your info coming from? Dr. Solomin and Dr. Kulesh are very experienced and there have been multiple patients here who had a successfull LL with them. It is so cheap because the Rouble(russian currency) has fallen by a huge amount. Please don't compare it to India. I'm not just saying this because I'm getting it done there myself but based on sole facts coming from this forum and also other patients. After all it's the birthplace of the LL itself, that has to account for something.

Android

« Reply #159 on: April 27, 2018, 12:02:35 AM »

Hamiltonzac, not sure I understand why you're talking defensively in the last message.

You asked "What are the lengthening costs in vietnam for 2 segments?" and the cost is whatever it is for one surgery multiplied by two. $18,000 * 2 = $36,000 for both tibias and femurs.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2018, 12:11:01 AM »

Myloginact mentioned that Russia is "risky". I don't exactly see why?

Android

« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2018, 12:29:59 AM »

Ah, I see. Do consider quoting a message if you're replying to something several messages old, especially since he said that a month ago. I was confused since context had changed to pricing.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2018, 12:41:30 AM »

Sorry about that. I'm using my phone so it's sometimes difficult.

myloginacct

« Reply #163 on: April 27, 2018, 12:52:48 AM »

I just play the "better safe than sorry" game in these forums. I don't want any of my posts to seem like I'm encouraging others to get it done somewhere they might face more problems than with someone like Paley. I haven't done LL yet myself, so I also can't really comment much. But LL is a very invasive and intensive process, and I feel you need to tread carefully when making posts.

To make it clearer: Russia is probably riskier than doing LL somewhere like at the Paley institute. Vietnam is most likely riskier than Russia.

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #164 on: April 27, 2018, 01:10:25 AM »

I guess the countrues reputation plays a big role in our minds so I somewhat agree to what your saying and why you feel it's riskier in Russia than it is in the States.

myloginacct

« Reply #165 on: April 27, 2018, 01:25:56 AM »

I guess the countrues reputation plays a big role in our minds so I somewhat agree to what your saying and why you feel it's riskier in Russia than it is in the States.

Yep, Kulesh seems pretty good, but wasn't Overdozer who "boasted" about getting prescription drugs from stores without having any? And he was a native Russian.

You're just most likely more overall protected in case anything goes wrong if you're in the EU or the US.

EDIT: As we've seen with Unicorn, though, there are no guarantees if your doctor is negligent towards you...

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #166 on: April 27, 2018, 10:45:56 AM »

I completely agree. LL aside Russia is the same when it comes to every other general hospital. It's still a developing country but I am not doubting the doctors expertise.

Muller25

« Reply #167 on: June 15, 2018, 12:25:47 AM »

So anyone still going to Vietnam?

lucindaris

« Reply #168 on: June 15, 2018, 11:55:10 AM »

I was considering this but they increased price from 12k to 1k8 and I decided to wait till they start using internal methods, also i heard about some bad outcomes which made me reconsider this option.

Asiankll

• Visitor
« Reply #169 on: June 15, 2018, 01:40:36 PM »

what's the bad outcomes you heard about?

iwanttobeabillionaire

• Visitor
« Reply #170 on: June 15, 2018, 02:04:04 PM »

I'm doing this surgery in Vietnam right now... there are 20+ patients. Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and three English-speaking.

Not sure what bad outcomes you are referring to. Worst thing so far is somebody with a pinsite infection that had to get blood removed from around it. I've kept in touch with Normy and he's could walk without aid 6 months after surgery albeit not normally.

lucindaris

« Reply #171 on: June 15, 2018, 04:21:13 PM »

Normy got some issues back then and i want to quote something
I wanted to share the information about the situation in vietnam, about the hospital I have posted before because I feel responsible if anyone dicided to do CLL there without knowing what's going on..

this month, a chinese girl doing LON was transfered to ICU after having a bad infection, I suspect a case of sepsis.
at the same hospital, one of my friend has also been suffering for a severe pin tract infection, but not only pin-site, doc had to cut open the stitched wound where they  cut bone during the initial operation.
half of his shin was swallen and when they opened the stitched wound, so much puss oozed out...horrific!
now he is taking 24 hr VAC therapy to suck up all bacteria.
there are also other japanese and chinese total of 15 patient at the institute where they stay during distraction and only 2 helpers are attending them.
the hospital dislocated some of x ray data and cannot find never and is susppected not taking x rays in a consistancy so that they cannot be sure how much bone is distracted, which could be lead to some bad complication as malunion or non union.

I think if they start stryde, these issues of infection and control of distraction should diminish, and maybe OK to go there for CLL but right now seems way too risky.

I just wanted to let  you know this situation since the real patients cannot write a real story because of the litigation issue.

iwanttobeabillionaire

• Visitor
« Reply #172 on: June 15, 2018, 05:18:09 PM »

The Chinese girl who went to the ICU had an allergic reaction to an antibiotic that worsened the case. The guy with the severe infection (which I mentioned before) exposed his pinsite to dirty tap water.

There is helper for every floor but only two english/chinese speaking helpers. Recently they hired a nurse full-time to change bandages and monitor patients.

Recently the X-rays had been found to be overestimated and therefore they're now moving to CAT scans for everyone to get the most accurate results. The unintended consequence is that patients lengthened .7-.8mm/day vs. the 1mm they thought they were.. could be a good and bad thing.

Maybe I am bias because I have a decent experience so far. But the results of a few should not be deterministic of a population. This surgery is tough and the results can be a roll of a die.

myloginacc

« Reply #173 on: June 15, 2018, 05:32:26 PM »

So they're moving from biweekly/monthly (I don't know the schedule over there) plain X-rays to full CT scans?
Formerly myloginacct; had issues with my login account.
Yes I do want to add, before doing this surgery, ask yourself if you have optimized your life to the fullest extent possible (job/career, personality, etc).

lucindaris

« Reply #174 on: June 15, 2018, 06:57:15 PM »

Absolutely. I understand You and ofc I am not generalizing, even Paley got bad cases. This is not an easy process that's why i want to reconsider every option.

Muller25

« Reply #175 on: June 16, 2018, 11:55:34 PM »

wtf its 18k now?

normythebear

« Reply #176 on: August 17, 2018, 04:27:40 AM »

Hey, I just wanted to update that I am still alive and I think things are progressing slowly, but surely. I haven't used crutches for weeks. Though I still walk with a limp, especially when I've been on my feet a lot. I go to the gym and do deadlifts, squats, and other exercises, though at a reduced weight for the lower body. Upper body I'm as strong as ever. I don't have full dorsiflexion yet, but I don't have ballerina feet anymore. I do walk slowly, but I think it is getting better over time. I sometimes get the urge to run, but I can't yet. I've hopped, but haven't fully jumped. I feel normal. Biomechanics haven't changed that much. The only thing that's different is sometimes people who were previously at eye level, will say "you look taller".

I can, for instance, carry furniture and do most "normal" people activities, though I'm not way above average like I used to be. I don't feel any different. I just feel like I'm healing from an injury, which is what I tell everyone is happening.
I don't see myself playing rugby anytime in the next 2 years, but I do plan to go snowboarding again this winter if I can get further dorsiflexion by then.
This is still a huge and traumatic surgery that no one should take lightly, but at this moment, 9 months post-surgery, I still don't have any regrets.
I guess that's it for now. I'm just on break from school and wanted to update the forum on how it's going.

Android

« Reply #177 on: August 17, 2018, 07:41:34 AM »

Thanks for updating us normy, glad you're improving slowly but surely. Onward and upward!

Anndr000

« Reply #178 on: October 16, 2018, 07:55:12 AM »

So they say that foreigners get charge 40% more than the locals because foreigners needs to be operated at a different hospital? What about if you’re a Vietnamese citizen with a Vietnamese passport? Would you be considered a local and be charged a different price?

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #179 on: October 22, 2018, 09:06:50 PM »

I have actually been meaning to look into this. Is there anyway of avoiding a private hospital in Russia, lengthening with Kulesh? Because as far as I know foreign patients are required to get all surgeries and stay at Private hospitals. If anyone has more information on this I would appreciate it. 

• Visitor
« Reply #180 on: December 10, 2018, 07:35:46 AM »

If you want to go to Vietnam don’t go there , they are just interested by money this is the worst choice I had ever done in my life , don’t thrust these fake diary in exchznge of discount they gave them, I am soon going to write a big diary explaining all the situation and what’s happens here

• Visitor
« Reply #181 on: December 10, 2018, 12:35:47 PM »

Uugjije

• Visitor
« Reply #182 on: December 12, 2018, 02:23:20 PM »

Juge

• Visitor
« Reply #183 on: December 12, 2018, 02:44:55 PM »

If you want to go to Vietnam don’t go there , they are just interested by money this is the worst choice I had ever done in my life , don’t thrust these fake diary in exchznge of discount they gave them, I am soon going to write a big diary explaining all the situation and what’s happens here

Ah I received a few pm asking me. I was talking about the one in Hanoi. Didn't know this thread is about Ho Chi Minh. Sorry for the wrong post.

Astronomy

« Reply #184 on: March 06, 2019, 01:30:20 PM »

Hi bro How's it going?Are your post-surgery life going well?

From The Top Rope

• Visitor
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2019, 11:00:30 PM »

Hey normythebear, how are things going? Would love to hear about your results and how life is going now
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up