Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cross lengthening in st petersburg russia  (Read 38656 times)

fodawupa

Re: Cross lengthening in st petersburg russia
« Reply #186 on: September 25, 2019, 12:29:02 PM »

good video jim da barber. thank u for being honest.

honest opinion= ur running is not good. some hip sideway movement is visible. and agility is reduced. work hard and u may be able to improve it !

atleast there is some evidence of a russian patient who did cross lateral lengthening and is happy and doing not so bad.
"Gammal kjærleik rustar inkje."

California2

« Reply #187 on: September 25, 2019, 05:22:19 PM »

You look great!

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #188 on: September 25, 2019, 10:05:11 PM »

good video jim da barber. thank u for being honest.

honest opinion= ur running is not good. some hip sideway movement is visible. and agility is reduced. work hard and u may be able to improve it !

atleast there is some evidence of a russian patient who did cross lateral lengthening and is happy and doing not so bad.

I know its not perfect but after 3.5 inches of lengthening i am more than happy. Im sure itll only get better. Just need to run more often.
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #189 on: September 25, 2019, 10:08:45 PM »

You look great!

Thanks California2:) i would love to see some Precise/Stryde patient running videos so i can compare them to mine but we all know that wont happen.
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

guichet_chop

• Visitor
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2019, 07:25:15 AM »

jim:: I am sorry for my harsh language i may used in the past about u and external femur . I had some misconception about the procedure and had convinced myself no one will get back to normal. i had thought i was doing others good by warning against externals and in russia. you're recovery is good and may u live a happy life.

Michael01

« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2019, 07:41:35 AM »

Truth is: he is not 90% back as he claimed. He can't sprint and probably never will, even if he needs to dodge a car. I don't know the reason for this.

But if he is happy with the results, that's what matters.

Joker

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #193 on: September 29, 2019, 03:38:51 AM »

Truth is: he is not 90% back as he claimed. He can't sprint and probably never will, even if he needs to dodge a car. I don't know the reason for this.

But if he is happy with the results, that's what matters.

I say im 90% recovered and you see what my condition is. Imagine what those people claiming to be 100% recovered really are?!?

Truth is: nobody and i mean nobody will be the same after doing LL. Maybe after 10+ years of hard training you can get really close to pre op level but at least im being honest. I jumped into this surgery by thinking it was gonna be way easier that what i went thru all because of the veterans on here claiming to be ”100%”recovered lmao

But yes i am happy. And thats all that matters. I will continue to post videos at least once a year and hopefully my recovery continues to get better which im sure after nail removal will increase dramatically as the hardware really aggravates my legs when i try to run.

Movie

« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2019, 04:13:17 AM »

dang bro if you're able to run 2 miles continuously with hardware in you a year post op, you're already doing better than most! honestly you're doing decent for a year post op having done both segments, I congratulate you and have no doubt in my mind you'll only continue to improve and eventually be back 100% or very close to it.
Starting height: 167cm Now 175cm With Strydes Femurs with Dr. Mahboubian 09/01/2019
Nails removed 10/06/2021
My Video Logged Diary: http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64224.0

BlueHen

« Reply #195 on: September 29, 2019, 05:53:02 AM »

Hey Jim,

Just wanted to say thank you so much for posting those videos and photos, so few vets do that! I just had my frames removed one week ago and my legs look exactly like yours did after frame removal; it's very motivating for me to see your legs now because they look great!

Also thanks for the videos, your walking looks totally normal, never would have guessed you had LL if I saw you in the street. It's great that you're starting to jog and it's very early days, I'm sure in one more year your athletic ability will be much better.

For 9cm lengthening, at your stage in recovery, I think you are doing very well :)
Undergoing LON. 1st operation on July 18th 2019. Frame removal 21st September. My diary - http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=64212.0

dunghuynh2227

« Reply #196 on: September 29, 2019, 10:44:39 AM »

damn you look so fine in video bro, just more practices and you will back to 100% recovery. dont care about negative comments here. wish you all the best

Michael01

« Reply #197 on: September 29, 2019, 05:33:05 PM »

I say im 90% recovered and you see what my condition is. Imagine what those people claiming to be 100% recovered really are?!?

Truth is: nobody and i mean nobody will be the same after doing LL. Maybe after 10+ years of hard training you can get really close to pre op level but at least im being honest. I jumped into this surgery by thinking it was gonna be way easier that what i went thru all because of the veterans on here claiming to be ”100%”recovered lmao

But yes i am happy. And thats all that matters. I will continue to post videos at least once a year and hopefully my recovery continues to get better which im sure after nail removal will increase dramatically as the hardware really aggravates my legs when i try to run.
Now I check the dates and see you did the second part of lengthening in the middle of last year. So I believe you can still improve your condition.

TinyTL

« Reply #198 on: September 29, 2019, 08:12:23 PM »

I know its not perfect but after 3.5 inches of lengthening i am more than happy.

Honest thought:

People who go into the surgery have different outcome expectations. You say you are happy with the running/jogging yet try to justify it with reasoning like "after 3.5 inches", "im only 1,5 years post-op" and "i still have the nail inside".

There are videos out there of LL patients like helloworld, oldiebutgoldie even ShyShy who are actually running. And these were people older than you.
From what I can see on the two short videoclips you run like the grandpa at my local gym. Your jump is only lifting you 20-30cm off the ground vertically, the folding of legs give illusion of higher elevation.
I get it you're happy, thats okay.
But what is not okay is the advertisement you do in this forum when there are LL surgeons and LL methods namely Precice1,2,3 who produces much better athletic outcome.

I have seen you enter all types of Russian diaries on this forum to defend both the practices of your own surgeon aswell as the methods. Is this forum not about helping each other find the best place to get the best outcome.

Given your athletic outcome, how can you with a clear conscience promote your surgeon?

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #199 on: September 29, 2019, 09:13:27 PM »

Honest thought:

People who go into the surgery have different outcome expectations. You say you are happy with the running/jogging yet try to justify it with reasoning like "after 3.5 inches", "im only 1,5 years post-op" and "i still have the nail inside".

There are videos out there of LL patients like helloworld, oldiebutgoldie even ShyShy who are actually running. And these were people older than you.
From what I can see on the two short videoclips you run like the grandpa at my local gym. Your jump is only lifting you 20-30cm off the ground vertically, the folding of legs give illusion of higher elevation.
I get it you're happy, thats okay.
But what is not okay is the advertisement you do in this forum when there are LL surgeons and LL methods namely Precice1,2,3 who produces much better athletic outcome.

I have seen you enter all types of Russian diaries on this forum to defend both the practices of your own surgeon aswell as the methods. Is this forum not about helping each other find the best place to get the best outcome.

Given your athletic outcome, how can you with a clear conscience promote your surgeon?

Im not justifying anything buddy. I know my athletic ability is not great but after 1 year and lengthening 3.5 inches its pretty damn good.  The videos you seen of those other diaries was videos 3+ Years after lengthening im only 1 year post op from my last lengthening plus i lengthened both segments. You cant compare me to those lol

No offense to OYG but if you want to compare outcomes me and him would be perfect examples as we both did both segments and lengthened about the same amount. I say my outcome is better than his as i dont have x legs. Show me runing videos of precise or stryde patients running and then you can come attack me.

My athletic ability will get better and i will show you and everyone else. Give me a few years. Ill have you feeling stupid.

Didnt you do femur lengthening btw??? Let me see you running. Probly run just like me lol

goldenegg

« Reply #200 on: October 12, 2019, 01:34:49 AM »

Im also posting a 2 week post nailing picture and a 1 year post nailing picture. I have been hitting legs 2 times a week for the last 2 months. Before that i was really slacking, just focusing on regaining full rom on both ankles and knees.

https://imgur.com/gallery/HyeZIFf

Im impressed with your recovery so far. The difference in this picture is amazing. Im a few years further post ll and my legs are still kinda skinny haha. any tips on how you got the mass back in your thighs?  Are you doing mostly heavy weight training at the gym when you do legs?

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #201 on: October 12, 2019, 10:48:12 PM »

Im impressed with your recovery so far. The difference in this picture is amazing. Im a few years further post ll and my legs are still kinda skinny haha. any tips on how you got the mass back in your thighs?  Are you doing mostly heavy weight training at the gym when you do legs?

Thank you so much! I have been hitting calves 2 times a week, hamstrings 1x a week and quads 1x a week. Each on separate days. Main focus is going heavy with less reps. Also make sure you are eating enough protein and drinking plenty of water to help your muscles grow.

I usually do about 5-6 different exercises for each muscle group and mix it up at least every 3 weeks to confuse your muscles and make them grow. Doing the same exercises causes your muscles to plateau.

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #202 on: February 11, 2020, 03:00:01 AM »

Quick update:

Just had all 4 rods removed with Dr Kulesh, Dr Solomin and their team on Feb 1st!
I actually went back to work on the 7th and 8th but man it wasnt easy at all.
Every day im feeling better, just had my wife remove all my stitches today but really think its going to take about a month to recover from this. Kind of thought it would be a smoother process than inserting the nails but i was really wrong!
Dont take rod removal lightly guys!
Im just glad im finally done with all this and im ready to put all this behind, recover once more from this last surgery and just move on.

Skyisthelimit

« Reply #203 on: February 11, 2020, 08:48:49 PM »

Quick update:

Just had all 4 rods removed with Dr Kulesh, Dr Solomin and their team on Feb 1st!
I actually went back to work on the 7th and 8th but man it wasnt easy at all.
Every day im feeling better, just had my wife remove all my stitches today but really think its going to take about a month to recover from this. Kind of thought it would be a smoother process than inserting the nails but i was really wrong!
Dont take rod removal lightly guys!
Im just glad im finally done with all this and im ready to put all this behind, recover once more from this last surgery and just move on.

Hey Jim, I hope you are doing well and you get better everyday!
How would you rate your experience with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin?
Was it hard to communicate with them and the staff?
How was your experience with LON femurs?
Thank you!

184dream

« Reply #204 on: April 28, 2020, 02:19:05 AM »

hey sir .how much did you pay . what is your analgesics and how much they decrease the pain .if i am allergic to tramadol but not other analgesics is it ok .and how long did you take drugs

Meck

« Reply #205 on: April 28, 2020, 06:08:55 AM »

I will made video to you can see my foot and give me advice is drop or not ok thx

184dream

« Reply #206 on: May 08, 2020, 05:53:05 PM »

Hey sir
Was the pain in femur the same as tibia i am asking about cross lenghthning

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #207 on: July 17, 2020, 11:50:48 PM »

Quick update:
2 years post nailing running video

Just want to say this, if you think youll be close to your previous LL athletic ability after doing LL your crazy. Im nowhere near! Getting closer every year but i highly doubt ill be as fast.

The drop foot on my left foot set me back a lot and my left foot gets tired after running so much. Especially since im back at my previous job order picking and basically jogging and on my feet for 8-10 hours a day.

Overall i think im doing pretty good. I had knee pain but its slowly going away now that i been focusing my workouts mostly on my knees.

https://imgur.com/gallery/Hl7YKd8

Jim_dabarber

« Reply #208 on: July 17, 2020, 11:55:55 PM »

Hey sir
Was the pain in femur the same as tibia i am asking about cross lenghthning

Oh no! Femur was definitely way worse ☠️😭

Sleepisneverenough

• Visitor
« Reply #209 on: July 18, 2020, 12:46:22 PM »

Hi Jim,

Why did you opt to get the rods removed? Is there less discomfort after the removal? I just had nailing done and the area where my locking screws are located hurt quite a bit when standing or pressing directly on it. 

a

• 5'9
« Reply #210 on: July 18, 2020, 01:53:41 PM »

Quick update:

Just want to say this, if you think youll be close to your previous LL athletic ability after doing LL your crazy. Im nowhere near! Getting closer every year but i highly doubt ill be as fast.

The drop foot on my left foot set me back a lot and my left foot gets tired after running so much. Especially since im back at my previous job order picking and basically jogging and on my feet for 8-10 hours a day.

Overall i think im doing pretty good. I had knee pain but its slowly going away now that i been focusing my workouts mostly on my knees.

Maybe it is because you lengthened your legs at the same time which is impressively hard and needs more courage. congratulations. But still, If you had waited for a year before having a second surgery, i'm pretty sure you'd be better than this position.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #211 on: July 18, 2020, 03:22:39 PM »

Maybe it is because you lengthened your legs at the same time which is impressively hard and needs more courage. congratulations. But still, If you had waited for a year before having a second surgery, i'm pretty sure you'd be better than this position.

He did cross lengthening. Meaning 1 tibia and 1 femur on opposite side for one surgery, then the rest for the second surgery. Waiting is not a feasible option, his knees would be different position and quality of life would be very poor if he had to wait 6 additional months in Russia
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

ghkid2019

• Inactive account
« Reply #212 on: September 25, 2020, 06:52:12 AM »

By far one of my most favorite outcomes. I just keep coming back to check out your videos and pictures. You look fúcking sxxy.

Videos of Jim (he posted, just compiling them all here so people don't need to search):
https://imgur.com/gallery/FYCYHY0
https://imgur.com/gallery/Hl7YKd8 (you look like the big dudes I would never try to fight in the street)

Proportion pic:
https://imgur.com/gallery/HyeZIFf

God tier proportions for 9cm lengthening. Especially after gaining weight, signed obviously post distraction you're gonna be skinny as fúck which makes legs look much thinner and weirder. Looks literally unnoticeable after you returned to a normal weight.

Congratulations Jim. Leave and never come back, enjoy your height forever. Imagine going from 165 to 174. Literally life changing. Congrats 🎉🎊🎊🎉🎊🎊🎉🎊
This account is no longer in use.

User requested self-ban.

Growing

« Reply #213 on: August 15, 2021, 09:23:09 PM »

Quick update:

Your running looks great in this video. And you look symmetrical. Regardless off the method you chose, you had a good outcome. Would It be possible to get a 3 year post op update?

iwillgrow

« Reply #214 on: August 16, 2021, 01:33:18 AM »

great progress man, I am happy for you

I'm going to get LL from either Dr. Kulesh or Dr. Buldu haven't decided yet, would you recommend Dr. Kulesh?

Also how long were you in russia? How long before you could walk? I'm planning on doing 4-5cm tibia if I go with Kulesh and I want to know the recovery time. Do you have knee pain from the nail that was inserted?

Also would you say the discomfort is so unbearable you can't work remotely? My job is remote so I'm hoping I can just do it while lengthening

Teddy_Picker

• Visitor
  • Starting height: 171 cm. Goal: Femur+tibia 182 cm.
« Reply #215 on: January 30, 2022, 12:57:58 PM »

Please, 4 year update!

thankscience

« Reply #216 on: January 31, 2022, 03:37:20 AM »

Your portions and recovery looks like it went well. You were smart to do 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up