Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What is the minimum height that a man needs to be to be considered hot?  (Read 4604 times)

MrHandsome

I know 6'-6'4 is ideal, but most of us won't reach these heights even after leg lengthening. What is the minimum height that a man needs to be to be considered attractive?

Moon knight

Re: What is the minimum height that a man needs to be to be considered hot?
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 12:24:17 AM »

generally height has very little to do with attractiveness i mean look at the likes of tom cruise and zac effron both are considered by many to be very attractive however they are both only like 5'7 and 5'8 dont get me wrong height for some ppl will always be an important part but it really just depends on what the opposite person thinks about you really 
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe

myloginacct

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 02:11:46 AM »

Attractiveness is totally subjective to the onlooker's eye, even if we, as a species, evolved to take some cues as to what are desirable characteristics and what are not. Beauty standards are totally different in places like East Asia vs the Middle East.

As a general rule, I'd say a man only needs to be above 5'7" to be safe. Again, maybe for taller women that won't cut. I don't think they'd deny hot 5'8 guys are hot, though, even if they personally don't find the guy in question super attractive due to his height. Sergio Carvajal is a popular 5'8 (AFAIK) model on instagram and I don't think most women would say he's not hot.

Android

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 02:17:28 AM »

Minimum height varies, but in general taller is more attractive.

It's not fair to compare famous short men to the rest of us, as they have fame, money, and specialized skills (acting, athleticism, education, etc.) that set them apart. And you better believe that if there are two similarly successful celebrities, the taller one would be more popular.

...research by Dan Ariely found that American women exhibit a marked preference for dating taller men, and that for shorter men to be judged attractive by women, they must earn substantially more money than taller men.

Ariely found that a 5'4" man would need to make $229,000 more than a 6' man to have equal appeal; a 5'6" man would need $183,000 more; a 5'10" man would need $32,000 more. Source

That being said, a short man can get to know a woman and win her heart. But if it's online dating or a woman is picking a guy out of a lineup (clubs, bars, etc.), the taller man has a big head start.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

MrHandsome

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 02:23:17 AM »

I am planning to get surgery to get me up to 5'9. Is that enough yo get out of the short zone?

Android

« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2017, 02:24:37 AM »

I am planning to get surgery to get me up to 5'9. Is that enough yo get out of the short zone?

In the US, you'll be about average. Hard to complain about that, worlds better than short.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

myloginacct

« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2017, 02:37:57 AM »

Minimum height varies, but in general taller is more attractive.

It's not fair to compare famous short men to the rest of us, as they have fame, money, and specialized skills (acting, athleticism, education, etc.) that set them apart. And you better believe that if there are two similarly successful celebrities, the taller one would be more popular.

I personally think that's totally your height neurosis speaking, Android. Saying the taller one would be more popular doesn't make sense to me. It's like saying between two similarly successful female celebrities, men would prefer the shorter one. There are way too many other factors beyond height. Most men and women only have height thresholds; it's not something where the more / less you have, the better.

The only way the situation would play out like that is if we are talking about massive height differences. Even then, you said popularity, and not attractiveness. A shorter male celebrity can easily be more popular than a taller one.

Now, if we are talking solely about attractiveness, not factoring charisma, personality and anything else, it's obvious a 180cm (5'11) celebrity would generally be considered more attractive than a 160cm (5'3) male celebrity, if judged on that fact alone. Change the picture to a more reasonable difference and height wouldn't be that major aspect deciding everything like it seemed you were making it out to be.

Android

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2017, 03:36:48 AM »

Of course it's height neurosis, you're forgetting what forum we're on!  ;)

My comment about celebrities was directed at Mcooley828 since they mentioned Cruise and Efron. Dragging out short celebrities and assuming they'd be equally attractive if they weren't famous is nonsense. A We praise their talent, come to like them, feel surprised when we find out they're not so tall, and come to say "you know, I don't mind it."

It's like saying between two similarly successful female celebrities, men would prefer the shorter one.

Men place more importance on a woman's weight and face, not height. Women on the other hand, 75% said they'd rather date a tall average looking guy over a short handsome one (sorry, source in Japanese).

And to be clear, I did mean it when I said "in general"; not everyone is the same. I even said "a short man can get to know a woman and win her heart." Don't ignore those important bits!

Here's a fun television program about height for anyone interested.

myloginacct

« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 03:56:14 AM »

Of course it's height neurosis, you're forgetting what forum we're on!  ;)

My comment about celebrities was directed at Mcooley828 since they mentioned Cruise and Efron. Dragging out short celebrities and assuming they'd be equally attractive if they weren't famous is nonsense. A We praise their talent, come to like them, feel surprised when we find out they're not so tall, and come to say "you know, I don't mind it."

Men place more importance on a woman's weight and face, not height. Women on the other hand, 75% said they'd rather date a tall average looking guy over a short handsome one (sorry, source in Japanese).

And to be clear, I did mean it when I said "in general"; not everyone is the same. I even said "a short man can get to know a woman and win her heart." Don't ignore those important bits!

People on these forums make this seem like a black and white issue when it is not. I think you're doing a disservice to yourself by keeping those 'facts' in your mind.

I do believe Cruise's and Efron's attractiveness doesn't depend solely on their fame. We treat height and attractiveness as an objective matter in this forum, but height matters to. It always depends on who is on the other side. Without someone else to place value on height on the other side, it is just a measurement.

It's funny you'd mention a Japanese source too. Ryosuke Yamada is one of the more popular Japanese male idols right now and he's 165cm. Way more popular than many 175cm+ Japanese guys.

There's a bunch of women who'd pick Efron over taller men simply because they like his looks better. Probably not the ones who are taller than himself, though. Either way, I've watched many interviews where Korean women tend to pick ~170cm Western guys with a good face rather than rougher looking, taller Western guys when given the choice. Height matters to. For shorter women, there's a point where other things will start to matter more. Height and attractiveness always need to be put into a context.

Body Builder

« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2017, 04:00:07 AM »

5.9 imo but still anything more than 5.7 is not unattractive for most women.

google42

« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2017, 04:11:51 AM »

5'7" or 5'8" and you should be fine. It's better if your around average height at least.

MrHandsome

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2017, 10:48:09 AM »

5.9 imo but still anything more than 5.7 is not unattractive for most women.

I think 5'9 is where the heightism ends honestly.

myloginacct

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2017, 02:10:45 PM »

I think 5'9 is where the heightism ends honestly.

5'9 would be a good general rule for most of the world. However, you can totally never even develop height neurosis if you spent all your life at 5'7 in places like India, East Asia and certain Latin American countries.

It's also very possible 5'9 feels short in places like Scandinavia, the Netherlands and the Dinaric Alps. Probably certain parts of the US where people are mostly of these ancestries too. I don't know because I don't live in those places. However, I imagine that's what prompted people like Sweden to get their LL done.

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2017, 04:37:08 PM »

At 5'9'' you are hardly short but it's very normal to be towered by some random dudes in larger crowds of people every day, even outside Scandinavia or the Netherlands. Even a 6 foot dude will be towered over by some really tall men he will likely encounter every day in larger crowds. That's just a normal fact of life, even though movies don't show this. I saw a Silvester Stallone film yesterday where he interacts with a lot of people, and he was never towered by anyone, even though he's only 5'9''-ish. This is because they don't wanna show the hero of the movie being smaller than some unimportant character, but in reality this is very normal.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Knik

« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2017, 09:25:07 AM »

Stop listening that funny "6ft minimum". Most women don't know what is a real 6ft. And anything above 5-7 is ok, you won't believe me but I have been described as "tall" many times by people. I think it's rather my morphology that could give that impression, but it's quite funny when I see on dating site that 50 % of girls are over 5-9 (I think they put this to be more attractive to tall guys)
Also, yes 6ft is perfect for dating but being less don't mean you won't be attractive. 5-9 is a good height, you will still see some girls taller but very rarely more than 5 cm.
In my opinion 6-1 / 6-3 is the best height for everything : sport, charisma, body looking. But height is not the only thing, being 6'3 don't give a nice body.
Looking for Pili

Knik

« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2017, 09:31:15 AM »

Stop using the word "towered". It's not because someone is 5-10 cm taller than you that he is towering you. Yes, at 6ft you will see taller guys. But you will rarely see guys that are 15 cm taller than you.
Looking for Pili

jexus

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 02:34:32 AM »

I think there is no minimum height that a man needs to be to be considered hot you can be short and hot too. Even if there is one I would say 5'4-5'5.

On the other hand, if the question was

what is the minimum height that a man needs to be to:

be considered not short or;
be considered ok in terms of height or;
not feel short or;
be average

would be 175cm 5'9 for me.

I feel almost tall at 176,2-176,3 in the morning, average with 175 during the day and just a bit short with 174,5 before bed.

But with 2-3 cm shoes, I'm taller than most Turkish man at 178. (average Turkish male 1.73)

I have been asking myself the question whether it is enough to be at this height too for a very long time and I'm sick of it now. I am taller then the world average I'm taller than the country average I'm taller than most countries average. I don't consider myself short now, I'm average and happy to be average. Sometimes I think whether should I go 0,8mm - 1cm more but it is complete nonsense. Type google "is 1.75 short" there will be lot of results then type "is 1.76 short" there will be a lot again then type "is 1.80 short" there will be again lot of results. There are always people who question their height even if they are above average and there are always people (even though a very little minority) who say them that they are short. As long as you are above average the comments of the stupid girl who want 6 feet tall or the comments of the man who says short to average just because he is 5cm taller than you does not fking change a thing YOU ARE NOT SHORT IT IS ALL IN YOUR MIND.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 03:01:08 AM by jexus »
1.68-1.69 to 176.5(morning) - 174,5 tibial monorail LON with Dr. Inan. Surgery 10.07.2017/ Fixator remove 12.10.2017/ Walk unaided with casts 19.10.2017/ Walk completely unaided 15.12.2017/ Walk completely normal (Jan-Feb 2018 probably)

onemorefoot

« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2017, 05:44:32 AM »

The best height is 6 1"-6 2", after that is too tall.
Budget will determine my future.

Knik

« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2017, 03:06:47 PM »

The best height is 6 1"-6 2", after that is too tall.

Na, according to internet you're a dwarf at 6-1 cause girls like frida gustavsson or aidan lea are dwarfind you.
(of course it's a perfect height)
Looking for Pili

onemorefoot

« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2017, 04:14:14 PM »

Na, according to internet you're a dwarf at 6-1 cause girls like frida gustavsson or aidan lea are dwarfind you.
(of course it's a perfect height)
They dont know what a real 6 2" is, Many people lie about their height, so that can be a factor

myloginacct

« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2017, 05:02:19 PM »

6'2" and up is too tall for me... I wouldn't wish to be that height even if I could magically wake up at that.

onemorefoot

« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2017, 06:55:26 PM »

6'2" and up is too tall for me... I wouldn't wish to be that height even if I could magically wake up at that.
You are right, but you can go to Netherland

Knik

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2017, 07:21:43 PM »

You are right, but you can go to Netherland

you're short in netherlands with 6-2
Looking for Pili

google42

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2017, 09:27:31 PM »

you're short in netherlands with 6-2
That's still above average there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up