Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 401(k) can be withdrawn(without paying penalty) for LL citing medical reasons?  (Read 2087 times)

As I understand if you withdraw/encash 401k (before retirement/old age) for any reason other than medical, you have to pay huge additional penalty, but can it be withdrawn citing medical reason for LL? I mean to me LL is a medical reason.  if not then can it be withdrawn without penalty for physical therapy/scar removal post LL surgery (since those are medical reasons for sure)?

Purushrottam

I think you are better off calling your 401k provider (ie Fidelity) and explaining your situation to them. You don't have to specify that its LL. You can ask what sort of documentation they require to certify that the money is used for a medical reason. Then you can call/email the LL hospital and ask if they can provide the valid medical certification.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

I think you are better off calling your 401k provider (ie Fidelity) and explaining your situation to them. You don't have to specify that its LL. You can ask what sort of documentation they require to certify that the money is used for a medical reason. Then you can call/email the LL hospital and ask if they can provide the valid medical certification.

Thanks Purushottam.

Thatdude950

That money is there to compound & look after you and your future family 30 years from now. While it's better than getting a loan, think carefully about what you're doing.

That money is there to compound & look after you and your future family 30 years from now. While it's better than getting a loan, think carefully about what you're doing.

True but what is the use of that money in old age if my young age is suffering because of lack of qualify women (due to my short stature) and prohibiting me from starting a family with the quality of women I want (again due to short stature). I can allwys work hard and save (even without 401K) but these days (of youth) are enevr coming back. I have seen guys in India (when I was living working in India before I came to US to do my MBA) who are broke (cab driver for a rich family, who make around $240 a month in India. I was making $1500 a month in India. Now I make $6800/month in US after my MBA) get god looking women fall  for them, eloping with them - one I know was banging the princess looking girl from the same family where he was employed as a driver (look wise these guys nothing on me, except  on height). In Bangalore dominos I saw an ugly s guy (tall, thin,  very ugly,  dark-which is not a preferred color in India but girls will go over a fair good looking short guy to an ugly dark guy anyday if he is tall-even in a skin color biased country like India) who was just a small time workeer (making max 300$ per month) with gorgeous girlfriend. I could get girls (good looking as well), but not the kind/quality I would like to be with, and I strongly believe the height would enable me get better girls. And to clarify - I just gave a few emaples (of low earners) to make a point - I am convinced (because of hundreds of such observations) that height trumps many things including money (unless you are talking at least 30-50 millions, which we are not).

MirinHeight

True but what is the use of that money in old age if my young age is suffering because of lack of qualify women (due to my short stature) and prohibiting me from starting a family with the quality of women I want (again due to short stature). I can allwys work hard and save (even without 401K) but these days (of youth) are enevr coming back. I have seen guys in India (when I was living working in India before I came to US to do my MBA) who are broke (cab driver for a rich family, who make around $240 a month in India. I was making $1500 a month in India. Now I make $6800/month in US after my MBA) get god looking women fall  for them, eloping with them - one I know was banging the princess looking girl from the same family where he was employed as a driver (look wise these guys nothing on me, except  on height). In Bangalore dominos I saw an ugly s guy (tall, thin,  very ugly,  dark-which is not a preferred color in India but girls will go over a fair good looking short guy to an ugly dark guy anyday if he is tall-even in a skin color biased country like India) who was just a small time workeer (making max 300$ per month) with gorgeous girlfriend. I could get girls (good looking as well), but not the kind/quality I would like to be with, and I strongly believe the height would enable me get better girls. And to clarify - I just gave a few emaples (of low earners) to make a point - I am convinced (because of hundreds of such observations) that height trumps many things including money (unless you are talking at least 30-50 millions, which we are not).

whats your current height?
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

whats your current height?

Around 5'5", but now-a-days I wear don's elevator shoes, which gives me 2" lifts.

Purushrottam

Hey Prakash, if you don't mind me asking, what is your income currently? You might be qualified for personal loans. You need to save up the amount equal to n x loan payment amount where n is the number of months of unpaid leave you are taking.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

myloginacct

I highly doubt it was just the height.

I highly doubt it was just the height.

I understand your point, but here is my logic - I know looks wise I was better, I know education wise I was better, I know status wise I was better I know earning wise I was better, I know caste wise I was better (it is something relevant in India only), I know height wise I was worse off. Other factors - like confidence, charisma etc. - debatable (may those were the reason - maybe these guys have high confidence, are good gamers etc. and it is not height - I dont know, you dont know) - one thing I know is Height wise I was worse - earning wise I was many folds better - so if I can use that money of mine to take away one visible difference (that is height) I should. I will have to let my 5-6 years earning go to gain height but even after that , within 2 years I will save more then these kind of low earner guys will save in their entire life. So, I dont see any reason why 401k should not be used by a highly educated guy who can always recover/save enough later to take away one difference (visible one) he feels is letting him down in getting  quality women that some others (with much lesser credentials othe rthan height) he sees are getting. When women (of rich families, gorgeous looking) feel financially safe to elope and be with so low earners, I am sure that (depleting my current 401k) is not going to be an issue. We (taller I and a gorgeous girl) can sleep on a 400$ bed in a $230k house and send kids to govt. schools or We (shorter I and an average looking girl) can sleep on a $800 bed and live in a $450k house and send kids to private schools. I would prefer the earlier scenario to materialize/take place.

Hey Prakash, if you don't mind me asking, what is your income currently? You might be qualified for personal loans. You need to save up the amount equal to n x loan payment amount where n is the number of months of unpaid leave you are taking.

Thanks Puru, much appreciated, but I don't think I can get unpaid leave to get LL surgery (maximum leave in my role - it is a support role- of a different nature- and I am in a field where all jobs will be like this) 3-4 weeks,  so I am clear on the fact  that I will have to either leave my job for 1.5  years (tibia+femur) or do it will a mix of gap and education (e.g. 10 months masters), but thanks nonetheless for your kind help

myloginacct

I understand your point, but here is my logic - I know looks wise I was better, I know education wise I was better, I know status wise I was better I know earning wise I was better, I know caste wise I was better (it is something relevant in India only), I know height wise I was worse off. Other factors - like confidence, charisma etc. - debatable (may those were the reason - maybe these guys have high confidence, are good gamers etc. and it is not height - I dont know, you dont know) - one thing I know is Height wise I was worse - earning wise I was many folds better - so if I can use that money of mine to take away one visible difference (that is height) I should. I will have to let my 5-6 years earning go to gain height but even after that , within 2 years I will save more then these kind of low earner guys will save in their entire life. So, I dont see any reason why 401k should not be used by a highly educated guy who can always recover/save enough later to take away one difference (visible one) he feels is letting him down in getting  quality women that some others (with much lesser credentials othe rthan height) he sees are getting. When women (of rich families, gorgeous looking) feel financially safe to elope and be with so low earners, I am sure that (depleting my current 401k) is not going to be an issue. We (taller I and a gorgeous girl) can sleep on a 400$ bed in a $230k house and send kids to govt. schools or We (shorter I and an average looking girl) can sleep on a $800 bed and live in a $450k house and send kids to private schools. I would prefer the earlier scenario to materialize/take place.

I agree about you getting LL. Doing the research right, going to a good doctor, and not overlengthening, it seems like you'd personally get more pros out of it than cons. It also seems you thought this over and decided it was what you wanted out of life.

I just made that post because I live in a country with a taller average than India, and the person who had the most sxxual partners/gfs in my friend circle is actually the shortest of us, at 164~166cm. Some people are just really sweet talkers and charismatic.

Also, some women are gorgeous but also not very intelligent. Some "simpler" guys just do better with those types.

I agree about you getting LL. Doing the research right, going to a good doctor, and not overlengthening, it seems like you'd personally get more pros out of it than cons. It also seems you thought this over and decided it was what you wanted out of life.

I just made that post because I live in a country with a taller average than India, and the person who had the most sxxual partners/gfs in my friend circle is actually the shortest of us, at 164~166cm. Some people are just really sweet talkers and charismatic.

Also, some women are gorgeous but also not very intelligent. Some "simpler" guys just do better with those types.

thanks, yes, actually in some countries height is less important then other factors (surprisingly I have noticed it is more important to girls in countries where the average height is lesser. Maybe it is the syndrome of what is rare/less, is more valuable), for example - I have noticed height is a bigger deal for Indians (in India) then in US, because people in India are shorter and height is a valued commodity because because of scarcity. In US being fit and having nice body (even if short) is preferable then a tall not fit body, but in India it is opposite - the taller but not nice bodied (e.g. beer bellied, skinny fat etc.) guy would be preferred by girls.
Pages: [1]   Go Up