Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Athlete's conundrum  (Read 1555 times)

alestor91

• Visitor
Athlete's conundrum
« on: December 09, 2017, 12:34:45 PM »

Hey guys. I'm 5'7.25 and want to be taller (for girls mainly), but I play a ton of sports and have always been super athletic. Will I ever be able to jump like this again if I lengthen JUST 1.5-1.75 inches? I do have the money so that's not a concern.

Whimsical

Re: Athlete's conundrum
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 03:53:20 PM »

no. too extreme impact

Sweden

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 04:40:34 PM »

I can do that.

Just not that high though.

Your muscles will be very blunt. Maybe if you try to jump all the time you’ll make it. Just never that high again.
173cm before LL with Sarin, jan -13. Now 180cm tall. Considering 5cm on femurs.

alestor91

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 04:53:45 PM »

I can do that.

Just not that high though.

Your muscles will be very blunt. Maybe if you try to jump all the time you’ll make it. Just never that high again.
What about if I do the tibias? Most of the force producing muscles for jumping and sprinting are the thighs/butt.

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 06:55:47 PM »

Hey guys. I'm 5'7.25 and want to be taller (for girls mainly), but I play a ton of sports and have always been super athletic. Will I ever be able to jump like this again if I lengthen JUST 1.5-1.75 inches? I do have the money so that's not a concern.

I believe no, you will not be, this is too extreme and demanding even without LL, with LL - impossible.

backrandom

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 12:24:44 AM »

This guy is cautious enough to ask. Others have surgery and ask later. People who think they will be able to do this after LL are delusional. Some people recover to walk normally, but some don't. Jumping like this is too much.

Mariobro

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 12:37:45 AM »

This guy is cautious enough to ask. Others have surgery and ask later. People who think they will be able to do this after LL are delusional. Some people recover to walk normally, but some don't. Jumping like this is too much.
I think you don't know what you are talking about. Depending on how much you lengthen, you can go back 100%. Impact won't be an issue since bone will be same ir even stronger.

Thatdude950

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 12:44:18 AM »

From all I've read explosivity and stamina are the two attributes which take the biggest hit. You will probably be able to jump 30-60% as high as you once could, and run for significantly less time.

Thatdude950

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 12:47:05 AM »

What's your training like for vert jump btw? Do you just do heaps of plyometrics? I'd like to improve mine
Pages: [1]   Go Up