Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: French feminist explains that female are shorter because of male  (Read 1283 times)

Knik

French feminist explains that female are shorter because of male
« on: December 09, 2017, 01:03:45 PM »

For people who don't speak french, she says that female are shorter because men had the monopoly of meat so female did not have enough calories for their bodies to grow and tall women gene disappeared and that in most animal species female are bigger than male (bigger, not taller because human female are also bigger in average).
https://www.facebook.com/lenouvelobservateur/videos/10159886369730037/?hc_ref=ARROwAPSJtTxxDmKJboDSEqTaJohUVDQHr7rYrrktUbIkm-hWp5Ucjt04Q4P71foxZ0
Of course, it's bull  and every serious search would proof the contrary. If men are taller it's because they are producing more growth hormone, their growth is longer and of course the genetical selection (from women). But the more disturbing is that the video is shared by a very serious newspaper.
Looking for Pili

google42

Re: French feminist explains that female are shorter because of male
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 06:35:47 PM »

This is literally all speculation and asumptions from the feminist. Anyone can make up a theory like that without any proofs. Maybe if she did some simple  research then she would find out why women in general are shorter than men.

Knik

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 06:43:01 PM »

In fact it's a theory from Françoise Heritier, a french searcher. But she said lot of bulls. http://www.lemonde.fr/societe/article/2017/11/05/francoise-heritier-j-ai-toujours-dit-a-mes-etudiantes-osez-foncez_5210397_3224.html#C5LMjyhk5qM6fyyV.99 here especially, according to some reviews she is saying that male violence against female don't exist toward animal species except some as ducks. So most comments are criticizing this point.
And Arte (french-german channel) made a documentary about this theory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fran%C3%A7oise_H%C3%A9ritier
The english page is not very interesting, but if someone is interested I can translate the french page which explain her theory. In some words she said that women's nutrition has been subject to prohibitions and it affected their body developement in addition with a genetical selection for short women and tall men. Also as men were the only hunters meat was consumed directly (no means of preservation), so women didn't have any access to meat from Prehistory and archaic period while they need it "more than men" (according to the Arte documentary).

But according to this theory, and as western women have a similar access to proteines as male they should be as tall as men in several generations if the way of life stay the same (unfortunely it will be in many generations, so actually it's just a theory).

She also said that "il n'y a aucune raison objective, biologique, naturelle qui impliquerait une infériorité féminine et une supériorité masculine. Les deux sexes sont différents mais la nature ne dit rien en terme de hiérarchie" -(there is no objective, biological, natural reason that would imply female inferiority and male superiority.The two sexes are different but nature says nothing in terms of hierarchy).
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 07:06:59 PM by theophilo »
Looking for Pili

Knik

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 07:03:23 PM »

What I would say is that this theory is according to much place to meat. They are using this like the only factor of sexual dismorphism.
Looking for Pili

IwannaBeTaller

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 02:04:00 PM »

I agree it's mostly bull ...but it's kinda interesting to note that the average height difference between men and women is not always the same in every region or country. It's supposed to be about 12-13 cm on average, but Latvian women are supposed to be the tallest on the planet, while Latvian men aren't. And the Dutch women aren't the tallest women, even though Dutch men are the tallest men on average.
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind
It's a long way to find peace of mind, peace of mind.

Knik

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 05:58:58 PM »

I agree it's mostly bull ...but it's kinda interesting to note that the average height difference between men and women is not always the same in every region or country. It's supposed to be about 12-13 cm on average, but Latvian women are supposed to be the tallest on the planet, while Latvian men aren't. And the Dutch women aren't the tallest women, even though Dutch men are the tallest men on average.

I heard from people that dutch women are 6'6 in average  :o
And I asked to some Latvian they doubted about it
Looking for Pili

myloginacct

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 11:49:08 PM »

Yeah, it's interesting. It's all genetics. Where I live the women are far closer in height to men than I see it happening in places like the Netherlands.
Pages: [1]   Go Up