Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: External Tibia + Femur with External Synthes/Stryker Poland 2018  (Read 3660 times)

lucindaris

External Tibia + Femur with External Synthes/Stryker Poland 2018
« on: December 22, 2017, 12:43:54 AM »

I am going to do external Tibia and Femur in Poland in 2018. I am 167cm and I will add 13 cms (6.5 or 6/7 per segment). I am massive bodybuilder, around 50cm biceps and great chest, even with that height i look not that bad, but still want to feel more comfortable and reach 180cm in 2 operations.

In Poland doctors are not using Ilizarov its long past, shouldnt be used in cosmetic reasons (infection, muscles).

Unfortunately i cant provide doctor's name, bcs he made exception for me, law is difficult here but somehow we can do that i think because of shortstature which starts below 168 so I qualify. And i will not sacrifice my chance here even if someone pay me for that informations :D

Cost for operations 3500 euro + 2 Stryker/Synthers devices another 3500. Overall it costs 7000 euro for one operation and 2 devices(i will pay twice, because I want to do tibias and femurs) . Its cheap, clicnic is very nice and modern, but you need to visit doctor very often. He always want to take care of his patiens and check progress. You need to stretch legs and feet before operations. For me it's 2 months.

I will stop if i get some complications, but 180 is my main target, with more i would have bad proportions and get higher risk of complications. I want to recover fast, return to gym and other activities. It's possible to  get internal nail, but it's way more expensive(35k euro for one segment). I am still student so I am unable to pay that money.

Last words: You might say that i am not part of community, but i was reading a lot of diaries and asking ppl in private messages. I've been Milan and got Pili consultation, I was talking to some doctors in Russia and from Asia. Every case is different in someway i want to prepare well and train a lot to get better. It's important choice, thats why i want to do it in best way i can.

Zeo

Re: External Tibia + Femur with External Synthes/Stryker Poland 2018
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 01:37:51 AM »

Hey Lucindaris thanks for making a diary, very interested to see how the stryker is
when did you plan on doing the surgery?

are you talking about this device?

https://www.stryker.com/us/en/foot-and-ankle/products/hoffmann-lrf.html
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

lucindaris

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 03:15:24 PM »

Yea i think this one. I need to do some exercises and get ready. I am going to do in early 2018

The Dreamer

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2017, 03:46:24 PM »

Can you tell us more info about the" Synthers "device ?
Never heard about it
Are you going to use it on both femurs and tibias ?
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

lucindaris

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2017, 04:40:21 PM »

I am going to ask my doctor about more Synthes details in next consultation. He just compared this device to ilizarov, difference is big. Yea, i am going to use this on both tibia and after full consolidation on femurs.

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 03:41:52 AM »

The year has come man, best of luck!

Marek12345

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 05:09:07 PM »

How is your surgery?

lucindaris

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 06:20:35 PM »

I am finishing my degree and after that I will decide to set up final surgery date within next month. I was preparing for that surgery, because i have a flat feet and other small issues. I think I am ready, but still need to get some time for finishing my things since it will cost some time. I am will consider smaller amount of cms if something goes wrong. I go for tibia first w/o ATL LL

Dylansaga

• Visitor
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 06:54:02 PM »

Aren't you afraid of looking too weird? You said you are a massive bodybuilder so I assume your upper body is really big and thick, but after the surgeries your legs will look like 2 straws, and you'll be unable to train them for a really long time. Tbh I don't even know if you'll be able to train them again (for hypertrophy).

lucindaris

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 08:17:04 PM »

Only stupid people are not afraid. I think i'd be able to train them again. I am not professional and i dont wanna be. It's my hobby. I have a gym in my house and I spend here around one hour everyday to just do some physics activities, since i am involved into programming and it security audits which cost me a lot of time. I tryhard so much to increase my budget, that's why i consider other methods and still didnt make 100% decision which one, but i made decision to do that.

Frost

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 10:51:01 PM »

I am a lot like you bro. i loved the gym and had an impressive physique at 168.5 cm's. I waited until I finished college to do LL as well. I lengthened 6.5 cm's in Russia and let me tell you, its a huge difference alone. I did the illizarov external method and had an IM nail inserted in both my legs 2 months ago, now i am on crutches until the doctors say I am able to be fully weight bearing (all based on my x ray's). Make sure to have a nice savings in case of any complications. I got pneumonia in the hospital when I had the IM nail surgery, it cost me in extra $700 usd.
5'6.5'' lengthened 6.5cm in Volgograd with Dr. Barinov OP: October 25th 2017. 5'9" currently with IM nail. Personally don't recommend doing LL at this clinic.

lucindaris

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 11:24:26 PM »

Indeed savings are important. That's why i want to postpone my surgery and get even more money. Just in case. My family would help me, but they dont respect my decision doing this. It's probably hard for them since my brother is 185, father 184 and I am just slightly taller than my mother. For them it's average height or even more than average so they don't care, their mindset is clear :). Additional fact is that i want to lengthen 2 segments which will cost me more time and money. Maybe i will give up after one surgery. It depends, how it affects my body and recovery time.

sw12345

• Visitor
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2018, 01:54:41 PM »

Hi!
I have only 172 cm height ? W want have 180 cm ! Doctor say about start height wen I want be taller ? Now people are very tall I am small in my family my fahter have 188 my mum 175.
Doctor take into account phyche and low self-esteem .I am short because I train classic wresling I started when I had 10 yo .I fell bad with my height I want have only 180 !

Hamiltonzac

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2018, 10:54:59 PM »

Hi!
I have only 172 cm height ? W want have 180 cm ! Doctor say about start height wen I want be taller ? Now people are very tall I am small in my family my fahter have 188 my mum 175.
Doctor take into account phyche and low self-esteem .I am short because I train classic wresling I started when I had 10 yo .I fell bad with my height I want have only 180 !

Thats fine, I mean, lets face it, 172cm is still on the short side. Any doctors you are interested in? When are you planning your LL?

6'2_dream

« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2018, 12:49:13 PM »

Last words: You might say that i am not part of community, but i was reading a lot of diaries and asking ppl in private messages. I've been Milan and got Pili consultation, I was talking to some doctors in Russia and from Asia. Every case is different in someway i want to prepare well and train a lot to get better. It's important choice, thats why i want to do it in best way i can.

hello friend how are you any update?
height: 5'10 - 1.78m
wingspan: 6'1-1.85m
dream : 6'1 - 6'2 - 1.85m-1.88m

vj01

• Visitor
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2019, 06:59:54 PM »

Maybe anyone has the information about doctors in Poland (or any other Eastern Europe within European Union) performing CLL?

Kenda

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2019, 09:21:24 PM »

What is this Synthes/Stryker method ? Is it like Ilizarov ? Or same technique but smaller nails inside ?
Also how long will you be in these frames for 6 cm ?6 months ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up