Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Augustin Betz (Neunkirchen, Germany) The Betz Institute 2015 Update  (Read 45598 times)

inchesmatter

The leg has to move in a very unnatural position, and it's very painful. Read the diaries. Once it's over, it's a big relief and for most it gets easier one day and then easier and easier thereafter. The first few weeks are hell, though, and scary.

Body Builder

I would never give so much money for an obsolete nail which is a torture to use and a very old and controversial doctor.
I really can't understand how some people are thinking.
There are people who even consider ridiculously expensive butchers like Guichet for their doctors and end up crippled or mistreated and come here searching for other doctors to fix them while yhey would have gone to these doctors from the begining.

BetzLandLiberator

Could you further describe how clicking was a nightmare? It seems that for many the only downside to betz is the clicking.

It's not a nightmare for everyone. For me clicking was super easy. During the 8 months I stayed in Germany for my LL, II'd say clicking was painless  for most patients (let's say 95% or more of them). The problem is that when is NOT, it's really bad - you may need anesthesia to click.

But this is very rare. I only remember two cases in my 8 months there (and I met every single Betz patient there during this time).

And I'm taking about the old Betzbone. With the current one the clicking is much easier.

inchesmatter

I needed clicking under anasthesia and when I was in the hospital I saw another person who needed it. Its not at all rare. Some people can never click at all. It has happened. Even body builders cry when they click. I know of one such case. And a friend of mine cried and screamed while
Clicking. This lasts for weeks and then disappears like magic.

growthPlz

Disappears like “magic” however sounds excruciatingly terrible before, was that worth it inchesmatter?

inchesmatter

I think so. For most, it is worth it. I haven't met or spoken with anyone who didn't think so. All the Betz patients I know are very happy.

BetzLandLiberator

Re: Dr Augustin Betz (Neunkirchen, Germany) The Betz Institute 2015 Update
« Reply #99 on: August 05, 2021, 12:48:44 AM »

I needed clicking under anasthesia and when I was in the hospital I saw another person who needed it. Its not at all rare. Some people can never click at all. It has happened. Even body builders cry when they click. I know of one such case. And a friend of mine cried and screamed while
Clicking. This lasts for weeks and then disappears like magic.

It is still rare. It happens but not often. Thus, it's rare (check the meaning of the word rare in the dictionary...)
As I said, I knew two cases of patients who needed clicking under anesthesia, but only two cases in 8 months meeting EVERY Betz patient in Germany.
For the most Betz patients clicking is either painless or very little pain (more of a soreness than real pain).

chicitita

Opinions on Dr Betz
« Reply #100 on: October 27, 2021, 04:59:40 PM »

Hi! Any previous patients of Dr Betz? Can you share your thoughts on him?

hanshi

Re: Opinions on Dr Betz
« Reply #101 on: October 27, 2021, 06:17:14 PM »

Hi, my former posts on this forum will tell you pretty well my thoughts on him. I know much more about him than probably anybody else on this forum.
There are currently several lawsuits from former patients against Dr. Betz going on. If you or somebody you know is a former patient of Dr. Betz who would like to initiate legal action against him please send me a personal message.
I can help with lots of information on how to go about this.

llpatient27

• Visitor
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2022, 07:15:24 PM »

The cost of surgery does not inlude nail removal. Cost 7000 Euro extra.

Oeconomo

• Visitor
« Reply #103 on: June 04, 2023, 09:39:00 AM »

Hey man, I'm going with him on January 2024. Can we talk about your experience ? Thanks !

Bagga

« Reply #104 on: June 16, 2023, 05:07:37 AM »

Hey man, I'm going with him on January 2024. Can we talk about your experience ? Thanks !
Are you sure it is Dr.Betz?
He has retired and taking over by Dr.Becker!

Jason2020

« Reply #105 on: June 16, 2023, 06:30:54 PM »

Hi there,

I'm also looking at doing LL with Becker-Betz. What's the maximum you can have on the femur and tibias? I know the nail allows up to 12.5cm but are there any records of people doing this?

When I emailed some time ago they seemed to indicated 12.5 on femurs was doable but were advising not beyond 10 on the tibias.

I'm also looking at maybe doing LON elsewhere because of the price at Betz.

YOUNGandSTRONG

« Reply #106 on: June 16, 2023, 08:29:01 PM »

thread too old
A handsome boy who just wants to be tall

Aiming for Betzbone at Becker/Betz Institute.

sixfootandhalf

« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2023, 05:36:15 PM »

Any update ?
Current height: 174.5cm  evening (175.3m left leg 174.5 left leg). Lengthening: 7cm
Final height 182-183cm afternoon height with glucosamine, stretching and posture.

Oeconomo

• Visitor
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2023, 08:05:02 PM »

yes it will be with Becker !

betzbone1236

« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2023, 04:35:35 AM »

Hi there,

I'm also looking at doing LL with Becker-Betz. What's the maximum you can have on the femur and tibias? I know the nail allows up to 12.5cm but are there any records of people doing this?

When I emailed some time ago they seemed to indicated 12.5 on femurs was doable but were advising not beyond 10 on the tibias.

I'm also looking at maybe doing LON elsewhere because of the price at Betz.

I did 12.36cm with betzbone.
I did 12.36cm (4.86 inch) on femurs.

Here is my diary (with videos): https://limblengthening/threads/betzbone-surgery-dr-becker-january-2023.5/

Bagga

« Reply #110 on: August 28, 2023, 02:01:12 AM »

Anyone did Tibias with him?

Philosopher

• The limits do not set you, you set the limits.
« Reply #111 on: September 01, 2023, 01:20:18 PM »

I would never give so much money for an obsolete nail which is a torture to use and a very old and controversial doctor.
I really can't understand how some people are thinking.
There are people who even consider ridiculously expensive butchers like Guichet for their doctors and end up crippled or mistreated and come here searching for other doctors to fix them while yhey would have gone to these doctors from the begining.

Why do you think the nail is obsolete? Do you know what are the main differences between more new nails like Precice, Stryde and Betzbone?
In some northern regions of Samogitia, the average height for 20 year old males is around 6'3''.
So yes, you can say I am striving for average. 🙃

Estimate surgery date: 2026 summer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up