Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Dr Dimitrios Giotikas (Athens, Greece)  (Read 64222 times)

TemakiSushi

Re: Dr Dimitrios Giotikas (Athens, Greece)
« Reply #186 on: December 24, 2019, 03:33:16 AM »

Temaki Sushi had you ever contacted Dr Giotikas before contacting Dr Dongoon? Did he reject you because of BDD or something else? I am only asking because I do know that Dr Giotikas has specific selection criteria for his patients and I cannot think of any other explanation of your obsession with him except for revenge because of bitterness of rejection.
What a delusion  ;D
No doctor reject me for CLL or any kind of treatment or surgery

There have been guiniepigs, then after some cases there are stories of devastating experiences
This kind of history is repeated  just too many times here
Look at what’s been happening in India, China, Armenia, Russia, Uklaina,Germany, Spain, Italy etc etc
People don’t need to hide negative information
Why you wanna hear only good things about the doctor you are interested in?
It’s way better to estimate the risks before the surgery is done
Some do surgery without having extra funds
If they’ve known the risks they could have prepared for it
How much will they loose if they cannot walk normally for two years, living without income
Some come from the country which doesn’t provide enough health welfare

Also, many CLL doctors or their staff are reading this site
It should be good for them to learn here to provide better treatments

Rejection of criticism will only produce tragedies
Ignorance and optimism can jeopardize someone’s life
Plan to have Stryde TIBIAS surgery with Donghoon
Welcome any NEGATIVE information of Donghoon
Any doctor with more than 5% complication rate is NOT acceptable

cobalt

« Reply #187 on: December 24, 2019, 04:57:59 AM »

Hi cobalt
I don't really know how Europe or Greece controls the pain management.  But I can tell you that in US, docs are very hesitant of prescribing oxycodone, even tramadol.  When I was in Paley institute, I received oxy only for about 2 weeks after surgery.  After that, there was no more pain prescription.  I wish I would have got more oxy, but was refused to get more oxys not even tramadol.  That was one of my complaints about Paley institute.

Hello Ghostfish, I am from the US as well, this is due to many states in recent yrs introducing new opioid laws in place regulating how much can be prescribed at a visit. It is a Schedule II controlled substance, subject to high abuse, overdosing, and even death. Doctors are under more scrutiny now when they prescribe it but they do still prescribe it as part of better pain management in the US, esp in cases like orthopedic surgeries, cancer, acute or chronic back pain. They will prescribe it in the limits of the legal amounts that they are allowed to, whether they give you the min or max depends on your doctor's comfort level. He doesn't want professional liability nor a visit from the Drug Enforcement Agency. Doctors can be sanctioned for not following the new opioids laws. Despite this, US doctors will all in likely prescribe someone with broken bones the appropriate pain meds even if its temporary rather than not at all unlike other countries out there that would just throw you a bone for your pain.

Also US Pharmacies can report a doctor to the DEA if they see too much of an over the limit, suspicious, or ongoing amount of Percocet or Vicodin or any other CII prescriptions being prescribed by any one Prescriber. Aside from trouble, Paley also probably doesn't want you to develop dependency on it. I think Paley is a responsible provider. Thanks for the information.

Ghostfish

« Reply #188 on: December 25, 2019, 01:10:31 AM »

Hi cobalt
I am very aware of all potential problems of opioid and knew that new opioid laws have been introduced recent years.  However, I was still suffering from deficiency of pain medication, since my pain seemed to be a little worse than others.  Some other patients also complaint about not being given strong pain medication.  Although I and most other patients managed to finish CLL journey, it could be better to have a little more support of strong pain medication.

k1erz

« Reply #189 on: June 18, 2020, 01:18:03 AM »

Judging by:

https://www.giotikasorthopaedics.co.uk/cost-pricing-of-cosmetic-limb-lengthening/

...Giotikas offers CLL here in the UK.

I’ve emailed them for confirmation. If they do I’ll be having it next year.

frenchie

« Reply #190 on: June 18, 2020, 11:01:03 AM »

Replying to you again. This is NOT a good thing because Giotikas will not be attentive to patients in Greece or UK now. Same practice Guichet followed.

Bala

• Visitor
« Reply #191 on: June 18, 2020, 08:07:15 PM »

Replying to you again. This is NOT a good thing because Giotikas will not be attentive to patients in Greece or UK now. Same practice Guichet followed.

Exactly, he would end up neglecting his patients like Guichet did. He is obviously starting to care too much about the money

Arcon

« Reply #192 on: June 19, 2020, 04:59:07 AM »

Guys cool down, this is no news! Giotikas has had a practice in London, since many years ago. He has worked in England for many years and still sees patients there, not so much for LL as for for other bone problems.

azman

« Reply #193 on: June 19, 2020, 10:48:20 AM »

Guys cool down, this is no news! Giotikas has had a practice in London, since many years ago. He has worked in England for many years and still sees patients there, not so much for LL as for for other bone problems.

👏👏👏 Arcon thank you for doing the research!!!

To frenchie and Bala,  Dr. G has been operating like this for years.  Do your research before bad mouthing a surgeon.  He is one, out of a handful of surgeons that will actually turn a patient down if that patient is not a good fit for CLL and that means a lot well at least he is not just about the money.  If you do your research, he had turned down at least 2 members from this forum.

During my stay in Athens, Dr. G would fly back and forth from England to Greece for my follow up appointments.  His partner is a good orthopedic surgeon and he lives in Athens and can also be reach my phone.  Dr. G has a good team of doctor, nurses and physical therapists in Athens that can take care of his patients in Athens.  I’m not sure about his team in England cause I never met them.  He give all his patients his personal line and to this day I’m still doing follow up appointments free of charge through WhatsApp by video with him.  He is always one call or text away.  I have travelled to Athens from the states by myself and did it alone but never felt I was by myself in Athens.

It’s funny how someone that never did CLL with Dr. G can say this and that and that and this.
Stop wasting your time on bad mouthing a great surgeon and do your research and focus on your plan of how you are going to achieve your goal of being able to do CLL then actually making the commitment of having the surgery and your plans for during distraction.

Bala

• Visitor
« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2020, 04:49:35 PM »

My bad then if he has been operating like that for years. But with increasing demand for a stryde surgeon in Europe, the projection of his patients should soar exponentially in the coming years. That's when physical access to the surgeon becomes critical. We have seen too many cases of miscommunication between the main surgeon and the doctors and therapists in his team

Cpl2012

« Reply #195 on: June 21, 2020, 04:00:04 AM »

Wow if he offers in uk i rather do it in UK then Greece. At least, more comfortable to know that everyone speak english

k1erz

« Reply #196 on: June 22, 2020, 01:33:57 PM »

During my stay in Athens, Dr. G would fly back and forth from England to Greece for my follow up appointments.  His partner is a good orthopedic surgeon and he lives in Athens and can also be reach my phone.  Dr. G has a good team of doctor, nurses and physical therapists in Athens that can take care of his patients in Athens.  I’m not sure about his team in England cause I never met them.  He give all his patients his personal line and to this day I’m still doing follow up appointments free of charge through WhatsApp by video with him.  He is always one call or text away.  I have travelled to Athens from the states by myself and did it alone but never felt I was by myself in Athens.

Very helpful response.

Please could you advise on your recovery thus far. How close to your pre-CLL flexibility and mobility are you? How long has it now been? What was your start and ending height? How much did you pay in total?

azman

« Reply #197 on: June 29, 2020, 09:42:08 AM »

Very helpful response.

Please could you advise on your recovery thus far. How close to your pre-CLL flexibility and mobility are you? How long has it now been? What was your start and ending height? How much did you pay in total?

Walking like normal nowadays well it’s still feel kinda different from before the surgery.  I’m able to run but was advised not to jump but feel like I’m able. Flexibility is about 80% to pre-CLL. If you see me in public you would never guess I got CLL or had my legs broken.  Gain 8cm in the Femurs.  The feelings I have nowadays is surreal it’s awesome.  Thinking back when there were doubts during July and August of 2019, thank god almost everyday that I overcame and those doubts and went ahead with the surgery.  It’s cost about ~$53+k USD for everything and worth every single penny!!!

Hennessy17

• Visitor
« Reply #198 on: July 02, 2020, 10:52:21 PM »

Does anyone have the stats on Dr Giotikas regarding how many patients he has operated on and their success/complication rates? I have tried to e-mail their office but they do not seem to be willing to give me this information. Also the lack of before/after results pictures on his website and diaries on this forum is quite worrying. I'm planning to get the surgery with him at the end of this year hopefully, I prefer him to USA surgeons as I'm a European citizen and want to stay out in Greece for a solid 6-7 months and of course the living costs are much cheaper there.

Gman23

« Reply #199 on: July 07, 2020, 04:54:09 PM »

Judging by:

https://www.giotikasorthopaedics.co.uk/cost-pricing-of-cosmetic-limb-lengthening/

...Giotikas offers CLL here in the UK.

I’ve emailed them for confirmation. If they do I’ll be having it next year.

Wait so Dr Giotikas does surgery in the UK???
Height 156cm / Goal 168cm / femurs and tibia with Dr Parihar or Dr Giotikas

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=65614.0

Gman23

« Reply #200 on: July 07, 2020, 04:57:29 PM »

Walking like normal nowadays well it’s still feel kinda different from before the surgery.  I’m able to run but was advised not to jump but feel like I’m able. Flexibility is about 80% to pre-CLL. If you see me in public you would never guess I got CLL or had my legs broken.  Gain 8cm in the Femurs.  The feelings I have nowadays is surreal it’s awesome.  Thinking back when there were doubts during July and August of 2019, thank god almost everyday that I overcame and those doubts and went ahead with the surgery.  It’s cost about ~$53+k USD for everything and worth every single penny!!!

Wait So how much did you lengthen? I thought it was cheaper then 50k for one surgery

Gman23

Dr Dimitrios Giotikas
« Reply #201 on: July 07, 2020, 05:02:47 PM »

The Price For Surgery With Dr Giotikas

Femoral lengthening with STRYDE nails: 45745 Euro​
Femoral lengthening with Precise-2 nails: 38610 Euro
​​
Tibia lengthening with STRYDE nails: 47835 Euro
Tibia lengthening with Precise-2 nails: 40700 Euro
Tibia lengthening with TSF (Smith & Nephew) circular frames: 23615 Euro
Tibia lengthening with TSF (smith and Nephew) and Synthes Expert nail (LON): 32600 Euro

Four segment lengthening in two stages. The second stage is scheduled at least three weeks after the first stage.
Femurs and tibias with STRYDE nails: 90445 Euro
Femurs with STRYDE and tibias with TSF frames: 65650 Euro​
Femurs with STRYDE and tibias with TSF frames and Synthes Expert nail (LON): 74750 Euro​

Gman23

Re: Dr Dimitrios Giotikas
« Reply #202 on: July 07, 2020, 05:03:34 PM »

Are These the new prices/ cost for the surgery or old ones I found them on his website.

Gman23

Re: Dr Dimitrios Giotikas
« Reply #203 on: July 07, 2020, 05:05:03 PM »

Also I haven’t read many diaries from Dr Dimitrios Giotikas could anyone please suggest me good diaries from his patients also I am planing to do 2 surgeries with him if I can do them for less then 80-90k . Please Reply

Gman23

Dr. Dimitrios Giotikas Pricing/costs
« Reply #204 on: July 08, 2020, 01:31:38 AM »

If anyone knows the pricing/ cost for surgery with Dr. Dimitrios Giotikas could you please reply, For Both femurs and tibia surgery, Thank You

k1erz

Gman23

Tengo

Considering Giotikas, am I wrong?
« Reply #207 on: August 31, 2020, 11:00:15 AM »

Hi yolo yall,

I'm back on the scene with more rage to do LL and considering Giotikas. I havent been following LL for years and come back to hear Guichet has crippled people?? How does that happen?

After some research I see Giotikas is mentioned often, his prices are decent but I dont see many start to finish experiences listed which kinda concerns me because I want to be in safe hands.

I'm looking to increase femurs by around 5.5cm hoping that people close to me will associate it with muscle development or pass it off as shoe height. Do you think I can blag 5.5cm given that I'm not in contact with them too often?

General concerns: Scaring is a big issue for me, I dont want surgical patterns on my legs. Anyone have images of giotikas thigh scars? I clearly dont want to be crippled and dont understand how that comes about, is it the infections, and would it be more common in somewhere like India than Greece due to EU standards, inwhich case how did guichet cripple people? For Giotikas Precise 2 from the day of surgery I'm guessing I can walk like normal by the 7th month minus stamina; how would that change with stryde realistically? If I work from home, will I have the ability to work full hours within one week of surgery?

Finally I'm lacking slightly over half the required €45k and need to pull a rabbit out the hat within a few months. Anyone aware of any financing tools in UK to pay off the remainder over 4/5 years? If not I may have to rob a bank.

Thanks
Tengo

a

• 5'9
Re: Considering Giotikas, am I wrong?
« Reply #208 on: August 31, 2020, 01:14:01 PM »

Anyone can blag 5.5cm.

If you had a friend who was as tall as you, you can easily tell him that you went to gym and cured your posture.
If you had a friend shorter than you, they won't rly notice.

The hard part is, if you had a friend who was 5 cm taller than you, then you will be at the same height. You can pretty much tell him that you cured posture also. They will EAT it.
height: 174-5 at night
wingspan: 180+

Hagane

Re: Considering Giotikas, am I wrong?
« Reply #209 on: August 31, 2020, 02:43:11 PM »

since youre considering femurs, the scarring is quite minimal. plus you have the advantage of covering them up with pants so most people wont see. in addition to that because it is covered up most of the time, you are not exposing the wounds to uv radiation, thus reducing the risk of hyperpigmentation.
whats your ethnicity? people with darker skin tend to be more prone to hypertrophic and keloid scarring
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

Tengo

« Reply #210 on: August 31, 2020, 10:04:04 PM »

@a Most of my friends are over 10cm taller so I have a good feeling I can blag it, apart from one which is around 5cm taller - I may have to relax my posture so he doesn't sniff it.

@wannabeidol I'm in between white and brown, and I do get scarred easily and it lasts so if theres a solution to not getting scarred like anti scar patches or honey or whatever I need to figure it out.

Hagane

« Reply #211 on: August 31, 2020, 11:21:05 PM »

@a Most of my friends are over 10cm taller so I have a good feeling I can blag it, apart from one which is around 5cm taller - I may have to relax my posture so he doesn't sniff it.

@wannabeidol I'm in between white and brown, and I do get scarred easily and it lasts so if theres a solution to not getting scarred like anti scar patches or honey or whatever I need to figure it out.

you gotta use some vitamin e oil
vitamin c for brightening

and HEAPS OF SUN PROTECTION
just wear sunscreen and long pants your body will thank you
Bilateral tibia lengthening with Dr Gdalevitch 02/2023
starting height approx 167cm ( morning height)
gained  55.55mm
End height approx just shy of 5 foot 8 ( morning height)

SpeedDialer

« Reply #212 on: November 13, 2020, 07:51:16 AM »

1. 53k for femurs stryde really? If you had 150k, is it reasonable to do both internal femur and tibia?

2. What were your other main expenses aside from surgery?

SpeedDialer

« Reply #213 on: November 13, 2020, 07:59:45 AM »

"Femurs and tibias with STRYDE nails: 90445 Euro"

90,445 Euro equals
106,855.34 United States Dollar

1. If you did this option, what do you think your total price would be including accommodation/etc?

2. What VISA option would you pick? Would need to be there like 6 months

Is 150k total enough?

Infinity

« Reply #214 on: November 13, 2020, 11:23:33 AM »

"Femurs and tibias with STRYDE nails: 90445 Euro"

90,445 Euro equals
106,855.34 United States Dollar

1. If you did this option, what do you think your total price would be including accommodation/etc?

2. What VISA option would you pick? Would need to be there like 6 months

Is 150k total enough?

150k total should be more than enough in this case as monthly living cost is to be around 2-3k max.

Gman23

« Reply #215 on: November 23, 2020, 09:49:00 PM »

Does anyone know if Dr Giotikas does surgery in the Uk as someone said something about him doing surgery in the UK...
He does seem like a decent surgeon but I have my doubts

SpeedDialer

« Reply #216 on: November 25, 2020, 06:34:18 AM »

Does Giotikas fix the fibula to the tibia for internal tibias? Paley talked about this issue, I'm trying to understand
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up