Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: On road for 10 cm closer to the sky with Dr. Ghassan Salameh and Dr. Schmidt  (Read 17357 times)

jackson5

Hi all, today is 13 days after my surgeon and I want to reach 11.5 cm ideally. What do you suggest to me to better achieve this for tibia?

Doctors: Ghassan Salameh and Schmidt
Device: Salamehfix

Later I will explain you why I choose this doc and the device. So let's the journey begin

RealTrump

With all the information that you have on this forum.. you've decided to do 11.5cm on your tibias?

Zeo

So let the journey begin

Let the journey begin indeed
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

myloginacct

11.5cm is way too much for a single segment. Excuse my bluntness, but did the doctors not say anything about that to you?

jackson5

Yes the doctor tells me that it's ambitious and that we will see. But what I want to know is that if I start to stretch a lot, to exercise a lot will it be possible to do as smoothly as possible. What can be the LONG term consequences for me. In my old days, I don't want to be disabled because of my today's choice!

Beastmode1234

Yes the doctor tells me that it's ambitious and that we will see. But what I want to know is that if I start to stretch a lot, to exercise a lot will it be possible to do as smoothly as possible. What can be the LONG term consequences for me. In my old days, I don't want to be disabled because of my today's choice!

Even a lot of the guys who have done 7cm on their tibias seem to be having difficulties long after their surgery

Android

Hey Jackson, congrats on your surgery. Thanks for choosing to share your journey with us.

Your goal being labeled ambitious is an understatement, luckily you have time to figure out how much you actually want to lengthen. We all want to be as tall as possible, but don't take for granted two working legs.

Tell us more about yourself, what's your current height? Which region are you from? Where and how much was the procedure?
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Body Builder

11.5 cm on tibias means that you'll never walk unaided again because you should lengthen your achilles tendons at least 3 cm which means that you'll be so weak to even stand.

I really can't believe how doctors lying to patients just to take their money.
Any normal doctor would have said to you that anything more than 6.5cm on tibias is risky and anything more than 8cm means permanent disability. 11.5cm is a joke even for femurs.

Anyway, go for 7cm or don't wonder why you got disabled. Your target means that you have no idea what LL is and you'll be lucky if you don't end up a cripple.
I hope Salameh don't let you lengthen as much as you want and behave you professionally, although now he don't tell you the truth only to take your money.

jexus

11.5 cm on tibias means that you'll never walk unaided again because you should lengthen your achilles tendons at least 3 cm which means that you'll be so weak to even stand.

I really can't believe how doctors lying to patients just to take their money.
Any normal doctor would have said to you that anything more than 6.5cm on tibias is risky and anything more than 8cm means permanent disability. 11.5cm is a joke even for femurs.

Anyway, go for 7cm or don't wonder why you got disabled. Your target means that you have no idea what LL is and you'll be lucky if you don't end up a cripple.
I hope Salameh don't let you lengthen as much as you want and behave you professionally, although now he don't tell you the truth only to take your money.

He is completely right and even if you do 11,5 on one segment it will look really weird and ugly.
1.68-1.69 to 176.5(morning) - 174,5 tibial monorail LON with Dr. Inan. Surgery 10.07.2017/ Fixator remove 12.10.2017/ Walk unaided with casts 19.10.2017/ Walk completely unaided 15.12.2017/ Walk completely normal (Jan-Feb 2018 probably)

jackson5

OK got it but I have read a lot on this site and found that some have done 8 to 10 cm so I don't understand why my case will be different? I'm from Europa. I hesitate between Russia and Germany long time but one of the reason I choose Dr Salameh is to avoid visa issues. In fact if something goes wrong AND ALSO we have to worry about visa etc., this can quickly turn to nightmare...

jackson5

An update of my state, I'm at home since last Wednesday. Yesterday I was very bad due to pain I feel from one pin on the left leg. I bought antibacterial powder and the wound seems to be fine now but the pain is still there when I try to bend or unbend my feet. Standing is fine, completely bent is fine but the in-between is painful, I don't know why... I still take painkillers to be fine or to be able to sleep.

myloginacct

Do you mind telling us your starting height? No need to be specific, if you don't feel comfortable. Just mention a range.

And there hasn't been a single case of someone who did a huge number on tibias and was fine afterwards. Remember you can't get two new legs if things go wrong. Just start saving for femurs afterwards.

jackson5

My starting height is 168.5 cm sorry

jackson5

Do you mind telling us your starting height? No need to be specific, if you don't feel comfortable. Just mention a range.

And there hasn't been a single case of someone who did a huge number on tibias and was fine afterwards. Remember you can't get two new legs if things go wrong. Just start saving for femurs afterwards.

So if I lower my goal to 8.5 cm to have a final height of 177 cm, is this acceptable ?

myloginacct

So if I lower my goal to 8.5 cm to have a final height of 177 cm, is this acceptable ?

Most LL doctors find it risky to go over 6/5cm in tibias.

I'm not a doctor or have gone through LL, so I can't give you advice like that. I can just say that all LL is risky, that it is very risky to do big numbers on tibias, and that you should check some diaries like Bigfaker's to see what some scary, but very possible prospects could look like if things go the wrong way. Most people here seem to think 5cm is the "safer limit" as far as something as radical and dangerous as tibial LL goes.

You can always save more money in the future for femurs, as long as you are still able to walk to work.

Body Builder

OK got it but I have read a lot on this site and found that some have done 8 to 10 cm so I don't understand why my case will be different? I'm from Europa. I hesitate between Russia and Germany long time but one of the reason I choose Dr Salameh is to avoid visa issues. In fact if something goes wrong AND ALSO we have to worry about visa etc., this can quickly turn to nightmare...
Tell me one user here that did 10cm on tibias.
I don't know anyone.
Only a few did about 8cm with atl on Catagni-Pili and their abilities are permanently been reduced a lot. If you want to lengthen 8.5 cm and walk like a cripple then yes, it is probable. 10 cm is not possible without terrible kinetic deficits.
You have a relatively good starting height (like mine), with 7cm you'll be probably ok and have a respectable height .
So lessen your expectations or be ready for a second LL. There is no other real option.

jackson5

OK thank you for your advice. I will go for 7 cm. Did you take sleep tablet when lengthening? I realize that without pain killers 3 to 4x a day and sleep tablets, it's very difficult for me at least now to manage LL...

myloginacct

Stop before you think you reached your goal if you start feeling like it is being/going to be too much for your body to handle or if your doctor thinks you're risking nonunion. Everyone's case is unique, and people talk about 5cm being the safe limit (though even with that, all LL is risky in and of itself). Remember to not risk the whole rest of your life because you're obsessed with a specific number.

jackson5

Guys, an update. I'm only at 2 weeks and 2 days from the surgery. And this morning I have been able to go to work with difficulties and help of a parent and pain killer. This was my main fear, can I go to work?! Yes I can. OK I fall down 2 times, one is due to subway closing before I can get out (I appreciated people coming as fast as possible to help me) and the second when going down on a stair (5 steps :-)).

mabuchristu

• Visitor

. Ja

mabuchristu

• Visitor

Tell me one user here that did 10cm on tibias.
I don't know anyone.
Only a few did about 8cm with atl on Catagni-Pili and their abilities are permanently been reduced a lot. If you want to lengthen 8.5 cm and walk like a cripple then yes, it is probable. 10 cm is not possible without terrible kinetic deficits.
You have a relatively good starting height (like mine), with 7cm you'll be probably ok and have a respectable height .
So lessen your expectations or be ready for a second LL. There is no other real option.

Where do you know all this? When did you do your LL?

jackson5

Update:
I stopped working in mid-January because it's becoming hard and hard to sleep and to go to work. Now I have serious knee bent and I'm only at 3.5cm. I also have pain in my right leg at the fibula cut area. If someone can tell me how to attach an image so you will give me your feedback about it. The cut seems very weird! i think my pain comes from that.
Thank you for reading my diary

Jim_dabarber

Update:
I stopped working in mid-January because it's becoming hard and hard to sleep and to go to work. Now I have serious knee bent and I'm only at 3.5cm. I also have pain in my right leg at the fibula cut area. If someone can tell me how to attach an image so you will give me your feedback about it. The cut seems very weird! i think my pain comes from that.
I started having knee pain when bending my knee on tibia side at around 3cm and was only able to lengthen till 4cm because it just kept getting worse and i started getting ballerina. The pain your expereiencing at front of shin near cut site is most likely nerve pain damage. I had that also. Can i ask what your initial starting height is? Trying to reach 11cm will be very painful and not safe at all.
165 cm pre LL / 174 cm after undergoing 4cm on tibias and 5cm on femurs, Cross-Lengthening with Dr. Kulesh and Dr. Solomin / http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=5016.0

myloginacct

Update:

Press ctrl +f on your keyboard and write "attachments", then click that. Then look for the "Browse..." button. You can attach files to your post through that. However, it never seems to work for some reason (for me, at least; I've seen it working for others). I'd recommend making an account on imgur.com (so you can delete the images later; you'll lose control over them without an account) and uploading the images there if the forums don't work.

jexus

I was around your height when I started.
Do 7 cm maximum.
Even 6-6,5 will change a lot.
1.68-1.69 to 176.5(morning) - 174,5 tibial monorail LON with Dr. Inan. Surgery 10.07.2017/ Fixator remove 12.10.2017/ Walk unaided with casts 19.10.2017/ Walk completely unaided 15.12.2017/ Walk completely normal (Jan-Feb 2018 probably)

jackson5

I started having knee pain when bending my knee on tibia side at around 3cm and was only able to lengthen till 4cm because it just kept getting worse and i started getting ballerina. The pain your expereiencing at front of shin near cut site is most likely nerve pain damage. I had that also. Can i ask what your initial starting height is? Trying to reach 11cm will be very painful and not safe at all.

My initial height is 168.5cm. My goal is now 6.5-7 cm max. Did you recover from nerve damage? If yes how?

jackson5

Press ctrl +f on your keyboard and write "attachments", then click that. Then look for the "Browse..." button. You can attach files to your post through that. However, it never seems to work for some reason (for me, at least; I've seen it working for others). I'd recommend making an account on imgur.com (so you can delete the images later; you'll lose control over them without an account) and uploading the images there if the forums don't work.

I've tried attachment but it doesn't work. OK I will create a account on imgur.com

jackson5

My right leg image which is painfull at the fibula cut area
Please what do you think about this image

https://imgur.com/qCgkO1Q

My left leg:

https://imgur.com/9sz6kJT

jackson5

Any update please?

Frost

• Visitor

I've seen a good amount of limb lengthening x rays and although the bone at that spot looks "shattered" its "normal in my opinion" with LL ( I lengthened 6.5 external fixation device. actually am doing correction now) from my experience pain comes and goes at almost every spot on the body. Do you have any swelling at that spot? redness? or anything like that? do you take any pain medications? how much do you walk per day? of course you are still using crutches?
5'6.5'' lengthened 6.5cm in Volgograd with Dr. Barinov OP: October 25th 2017. 5'9" currently with IM nail. Personally don't recommend doing LL at this clinic.

Penguinn

I had sort of a very slight shatter like break on the left femur but it healed totally fine because bone wasn't lost. Your alignment seems good too and if there's callus, it shouldn't matter how clean the cut was. This is purely based off second hand knowledge, I'm no doctor.

Also do NOT do 11.5cms on your tibias. There's no way you come out of that close to normal, and your proportions are going to look downright comical.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up