Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LL' users are mostly Western men?  (Read 2599 times)

Knik

LL' users are mostly Western men?
« on: February 02, 2016, 07:55:13 PM »

I have this impression
This is surprising, given that Western are among the largest in the world (mainly in Northern Europe)
it's probably because we have more money but also because we are more complexed because there are more tall people in our societies
but with the Westernization of Asia that will strengthen
and it's funny to see that the majority of contenders for the operation are men
i know a 146 cm girl and she dont have a disphoria (and she has a 175-80 boyfriend) so the life is easier for a short girl i think
Looking for Pili

texasbruce

Re: LL' users are mostly Western men?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2016, 10:12:19 PM »

Because it is banned in most asian countries (especially China)

Back in the time, China was the biggest market of LL.

mahlegs

• Visitor
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 11:48:50 AM »

I think it feels that way because we are on an English forum.  I wouldnt be surprised if there is an Asian language LL forum somewhere.  Also, seeing how there seems to be some decent LL doctors in Korea, I would imagine there are a quite a few Korean LLers as well (from what I understand of modern Korean culture, mens height discrimination is pretty significant). 

myloginacct

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2018, 06:25:36 AM »

East Asia has been getting extremely heightist over the decades, so I feel like CLL will only keep rising there.

This is a flawed sample from a single website (sourced from online dating, no less), but it purports that less Japanese women have a 5'4 man in preference than German and Australian women, which is of course hilarious when you consider the height percentiles of women and men in those countries. Link:

http://www.shortsupport.org/Research/personals.html

I do feel that these researches don't actually reflect the reality on the ground as well, however. It's obvious that more Japanese women will date a 5'4 man than European women. I just think it reflects an increasing trend/mentality in those countries, which will feed into the dysphoria of men and lead them to CLL.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 06:51:19 AM by myloginacct »

Purushrottam

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 06:45:01 AM »

White people were a minority amongst the cosmetic LL patients at the Paley Institute. I just saw 2 white ppl there for cosmetic LL. The rest were E/S Asian (like me) or Latino.
Had LL in Sept 2017 with Dr. Paley.
Starting height: 168.5 cm (5'6.5"); Ending height: 175 cm (5'9")
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=4823.0

Android

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 08:05:30 AM »

Could be a combination of things. First of all, short statured Western men might be subject to heightism more often because the country's average is higher (could be an immigrant that is shorter). Maybe Western men have better access to information to find out about CLL. Maybe Western men have the resources to pay for such a procedure.

When kids are getting braces and women are getting breast augmentations, some men may think: why not my height?

Countries like Japan, compared to South Korea and China, are very wary about cosmetic surgery (finally starting to accept braces), so social stigma within a country can have a big impact too.

That being said, what mahlegs brings up is a great point: this is an English-speaking forum. I found this forum recently, a Russian CLL board with a majority female audience (I can only guess that there's a forum out there for men). Extremely active, for instance the Dr. Kulesh thread has a thread that opened in 2008 with 642 replies and 165k views. And look at all these doctors. I was able to find this site by Googling Dr. Kulesh's name written in Russian. Makes me wonder what other resources we've yet to uncover, because it's hard to believe that people all over the world are doing CLL and not talking about it somewhere.

Back to Japanese people, most don't partake in forums, at least not like this one. They're very wary about privacy, so they'll either use anonymous forums or start a blog, leading to decentralized information. That combined with aforementioned stigma for anything relating to cosmetic surgery makes their online presence nearly nonexistent.

In the end, who knows what the true demographics are like, but my bet is on the Chinese or Russians.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

ketchum

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2018, 09:38:34 AM »

AFAIK, heightism is going around east Asian countries especially South Korea. Height discrimination in the country is extremely harsh. You can see the tip of the iceberg in this article: http://ilyo.co.kr/?ac=article_view&entry_id=42481
In my country (Japan) things are bit better but every time you visit Japanese internet forums you see people teasing short men by saying things like "Men under 170cm-tall are manlets bla bla bla".

Knik

« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 10:03:27 AM »

AFAIK, heightism is going around east Asian countries especially South Korea. Height discrimination in the country is extremely harsh. You can see the tip of the iceberg in this article: http://ilyo.co.kr/?ac=article_view&entry_id=42481
In my country (Japan) things are bit better but every time you visit Japanese internet forums you see people teasing short men by saying things like "Men under 170cm-tall are manlets bla bla bla".

Yes, there is that kind of comments everywhere. Mostly from people who don't know their real height or are insecure themself. Don't care about them.
Looking for Pili

myloginacct

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 01:28:58 PM »

Yes, there is that kind of comments everywhere. Mostly from people who don't know their real height or are insecure themself. Don't care about them.

It is totally insecurity, and actually a perfect and direct comparison to the 6 feet thing in the US. They just get an arbitrary metric of a common height for their ethnic group and shame any standard deviations under it. You can see all these commenters being absolutely terrible to men, for example, around 165cm, and then you remember most of those persons making the comments are probably just about over 170cm or are women shorter than 165cm. All that sense of superiority and disdain for a 5cm difference. Then you can compare it to people in the US saying stuff like that about men around 175cm (5'9) and under just because they're 6 feet.

"You're a chibi if you're under 170cm". "You're a manlet if you're under 6 feet". Same shxt, different cultures. Just men being insecure and having to hold onto some aspect of themselves.

Android

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 06:39:29 PM »

Yeah, 2ch sites love picking up stories about short and bald guys, treating them like second-class citizens (some literally suggest "why live at all?") -- those threads do really well. Of course, 2ch people are not normal (they have inflated egos), but it still hurts to read. People on the street are much nicer, but who knows what they're thinking.

"You're a chibi if you're under 170cm". "You're a manlet if you're under 6 feet". Same shxt, different cultures. Just men being insecure and having to hold onto some aspect of themselves.

Agreed.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 09:51:43 AM »

Hundreds of people undergo surgery in China each year, which could amount to tens of thousands if they are not forbidden.

extremis

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 04:07:14 AM »

It is totally insecurity, and actually a perfect and direct comparison to the 6 feet thing in the US. They just get an arbitrary metric of a common height for their ethnic group and shame any standard deviations under it. You can see all these commenters being absolutely terrible to men, for example, around 165cm, and then you remember most of those persons making the comments are probably just about over 170cm or are women shorter than 165cm. All that sense of superiority and disdain for a 5cm difference. Then you can compare it to people in the US saying stuff like that about men around 175cm (5'9) and under just because they're 6 feet.

You again?

Why is it that every post I see from you is some condescending passive-aggressive attack on people who don't agree with you? Just lmfao @ accusing anyone of "insecurity" when you're a regular on a board for elective limb lengthening surgery. Those in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones.

As far as your earlier post, it isn't "obvious" that more Japanese women will date a 5'4" man than western women, except to delusional just-world idiots like you. East Asia is EXTREMELY looks-conscious, much more so than the west, and they aren't ashamed or reserved about it in the least due to the much less politically-correct social norms in those countries.

Japanese women aren't even dating NORMAL men these days:

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2016/09/16/national/social-issues/sexless-japan-almost-half-young-men-women-virgins-survey/#.WW8ylNN97OQ

Are you seriously so blinded by your positivist feel-good delusions that you think they'd want to date a man they consider physically unattractive, who they'd literally be ashamed to walk around with in public (image is even more important in Asia than the west, a woman walking around with a man who's the size of a middle schooler is a BIG social faux pas) or show to their parents? Get real.

A little taste of reality for you, the opinions of ACTUAL, randomly selected women who were surveyed (i.e. not just feel-good lies you tell yourself in your head and then parrot to others):

https://www.muripo.com/2013/06/18/japanese-women-say-ideal-height-for-a-man-is-176178cm-58-while-the-national-average-is/

Note that 176-178 is actually 5'9" or 5'10" (not 5'8" like the article says), which is around 3" above their national average of 5'7".

https://en.rocketnews24.com/2017/03/22/japanese-college-women-pick-between-men-whore-short-and-handsome-or-tall-and-plain-in-survey/

The researchers asked 286 females whether they’d rather date a short “ikemen” (a Japanese slang term referring to a handsome, and usually physically fit, man), or a tall guy with otherwise average looks.

When the votes were tallied, the tall men occupied the higher position, with 75.2 percent of the women saying they’d pick the tall, non-ikemen option.

So 3/4 women would rather date an average looking man who's tall (or at least taller than them) than a short man who's extremely "handsome" facially... but somehow it's "obvious" they'd be willing to date short men who aren't even handsome? LOL. Please.

FYI, if you've been on 2ch, niconicotv, or any other Japanese "social media"-like outlet, you should be pretty well aware of how big a deal looks (ESPECIALLY height) are in Japan alone - and note that this is only Japan. South Korea (and increasingly, China) is ten times worse about height.

Yeah, 2ch sites love picking up stories about short and bald guys, treating them like second-class citizens (some literally suggest "why live at all?") -- those threads do really well. Of course, 2ch people are not normal (they have inflated egos), but it still hurts to read. People on the street are much nicer, but who knows what they're thinking.

First, it's pretentious to say 2ch people are "not normal". What is "normal"? Who gets to decide? You? Don't think so. They're as "normal" as anyone else can claim to be.
What you actually mean by them being "not normal" is you don't like them, and the reason you don't like them is they say things that hurt your feelings. Let's get real.

Second, "people on the street" are "much nicer" because "the street" is a public venue where there are other people around to judge your behavior, words, and actions towards others, all of which are directly tied to your identity by way of your physical presence. In other words, everyone can SEE you talking sh*t about others and knows who you are. This is not at all conducive to the collectivist practice of virtue signalling that most of humanity adheres to.

2ch is an anonymous image board, which allows people to say whatever they please with zero repercussions. Many "psychologists" (read: bluepilled charlatans) theorize that this draws out some "unnatural" (or, as you would say, "not normal") aggressive tendencies in people that they would otherwise not be susceptible to, but the reality of the matter is that anonymity doesn't "change" people. It just liberates them from the threat of social (and in many cases legal) repercussions for their words and actions, which in turn allows them to voice their true feelings and opinions.

Anonymity removes inhibitions. It doesn't change a person's nature, it just reveals it. Calling someone a "chibi" and suggesting they're pathetic, inferior, should die, etc is how these people really feel. They just don't voice it in real life, because then everyone would have to pretend to be "outraged" (or at least shake their heads in disapproval), and they'd be ostracized. And I hate to break it to you, but their opinion is (to varying degrees - some may feel less strongly than others) shared by MANY of those "nice people" you meet "on the street", CHIEFLY women. Fortunately for your seemingly delicate sensibilities, that's a reality you'll most likely never have to face - at least not if you engage in copious self-delusion like myloginacct.

Android

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 08:14:18 AM »

Oh please, I love 2ch, I read it every day. "Normal" is another way to say average, didn't realize it's a politically incorrect term now.

And of course I realize the dynamic that an anonymous board offers, that's why it's one of the biggest forums in the world. It's the only place some Japanese feel like themselves.

To say that small people should die, they're definitely exaggerating, at least the vast majority of them. It's like those American girls on Twitter that say that any man below six feet shouldn't be allowed to live. It's a meme to get reactions from short people, projecting to feel better.

myloginacct

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2018, 05:53:46 PM »

extremis' post

Uh, chill. I meant insecurity in the taller men who feel the need to hold their height as a medal and shame people under their own. I'm obviously aware of my own insecurities since I'm posting in a CLL forum, as you said.

And those researches you linked are about what you could expect. You asked women for their ideal men. Ask men for their ideal women and huge chunks of women will not qualify for something outside of their control too (including height).

And it is obvious more Japanese women will date a 5'4 man, as there are loads of them under 5 feet, and they are also not seem as desirable. People (mostly women) get older and they eventually stop having such stringent requirements in the looks of a partner and will settle down for "less" as long as they can get financial and familial stability. They may ideally want an above average height partner to marry, but will settle down for someone of below average height as long as that person is taller than themselves, as a general rule (some women don't care about height, and some users from this forum are a result of that). I'm sure you can google something that doesn't agree with the "settling down" view, though.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 06:17:25 PM by myloginacct »
Pages: [1]   Go Up