Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you think recovery is possible?  (Read 23241 times)

OldieButGoldie

Re: Do you think recovery is possible?
« Reply #31 on: November 04, 2013, 10:50:38 PM »

In a few days I will hit the 6-month post-op mark. I lengthened almost 6cm (internal femur).
Currently I am doing very well and I strongly believe that recovery is possible.
I am starting to actually feel that it is possible, too.
I just hope my screws and nail will not break until the whole   is removed in hopefully a little less than a year.
If it wasn´t for the screws and the nails I could easily do rather heavy squats. Strength is coming back. Cycling a lot definitely helps.
OBG

sadboy

« Reply #32 on: November 08, 2013, 06:00:53 PM »

Akash Shukla was a guy who actually did the surgery (the external method, using the fixator) and in interviews he actually said that he is now back to sports and is able to run. Maybe it is possible to recover but we can't take it for granted

Generic

• Visitor
« Reply #33 on: November 09, 2013, 02:24:18 PM »

In a few days I will hit the 6-month post-op mark. I lengthened almost 6cm (internal femur).
Currently I am doing very well and I strongly believe that recovery is possible.
I am starting to actually feel that it is possible, too.
I just hope my screws and nail will not break until the whole   is removed in hopefully a little less than a year.
If it wasn´t for the screws and the nails I could easily do rather heavy squats. Strength is coming back. Cycling a lot definitely helps.
OBG
Hey OBG,

I followed your diary with great interest and it's great to hear that you fell things are going well. Please do keep us updated.

Are you thinking of switching to titaniums? Or going to stick it out with the B nails?
Please note I'm not the real Slim Shady or Sysop!

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2013, 03:44:27 PM »

Hey OBG,

I followed your diary with great interest and it's great to hear that you fell things are going well. Please do keep us updated.

Are you thinking of switching to titaniums? Or going to stick it out with the B nails?

I will (hopefully) stick it out with the Betz-nail.
Are you Sysop from the old forum?

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #35 on: November 09, 2013, 03:45:23 PM »

oh, ok , I just read that you are not Sysop from the old forum...

Blackhawk

« Reply #36 on: November 09, 2013, 04:08:55 PM »

Hey Goldie,

I'm glad you are here to share your experience.  I know many people followed your diary on the old forum.

How is everything?

I know for awhile you regretted doing LL.  How do you feel about the decision now?

OldieButGoldie

« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2013, 04:44:54 PM »

Hey Goldie,

I'm glad you are here to share your experience.  I know many people followed your diary on the old forum.

How is everything?

I know for awhile you regretted doing LL.  How do you feel about the decision now?

Everything quite good at the moment. About regretting LL: too early to answer. Ask me in a year or so, hopefully after nail removal. Until then, many things can happen.
By the way, I sympathize with this forum compared with the other on (for obvious reasons), but I still continue the diary on the old forum simply for continuing something that I have begun.
I also have access again to old forum  so you can follow the updates in the diary.
Take care!
OBG

LLL

« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2013, 06:07:14 PM »

You're awesome, OBG! Hope you'll stick around for as long as possible keeping us informed on how you're doing. You're a true asset to any LL forum :)

Taller

« Reply #39 on: December 14, 2013, 03:49:14 AM »

Get a load of this! This patient did 10CM total, a whopping 6CM in tibs, and 4CM in fems using the notoriously unreliable ISKD. Amazingly, they can run, and it doesn't look half bad to me!

Here's another one, although their running form isn't nearly as good:

And this guy, who only did tibiae, is fast!

What do you all think?

I don't know why more doctors don't do these kinds of videos.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up