Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Is Arm lengthening an option.  (Read 5673 times)

ramaka

Is Arm lengthening an option.
« on: December 30, 2017, 02:10:43 AM »

Hi just wondering at what point does armspan became noticeable after LL I know adding muscle helps make it look less obvious but how many cm before people start saying you have short arms.

Also is arm lengthening an option and what parts of the arm can you lengthen btw what is the safe limit for arm lengthening and cost as well.

Android

Re: Is Arm lengthening an option.
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 03:21:47 AM »

Virtually no one will really notice except for you. For those you already know, they'll be more fixated on your new height instead. Plenty of people have shorter or longer limbs, keep in mind that we're a select few that know about CLL; this allows us the luxury of getting picky and overly conscious (well, I guess we already are).

That being said, arm lengthening is an option. Remember, LL was made to fix injury and deformity of limbs, applies to arms too. Both forearm and humerus bones can be lengthened. Overdozer did 3.5 cm on his humeri, starts here in his diary. Iamready had his humeri lengthened 5 cm.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

ramaka

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 04:53:14 AM »

Thanks I’ll check out their diary’s from what you know tho can you grow muscle on the arms after a successful surgery

Body Builder

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 08:43:17 AM »

Αrm lengthening is only for midgets.
Anyone else who does it and have monkeysh skinny arms full of scars for nothing must be totally insane.

ramaka

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 01:33:49 PM »

Anyone else who does it and have monkeysh skinny arms full of scars for nothing must be totally insane.

But if it’s obvious then why not do it also can’t you do things about scaring like get creams or worse case laser removal just a thought

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 03:10:41 PM »

But if it’s obvious then why not do it also can’t you do things about scaring like get creams or worse case laser removal just a thought
It is not obvious.
Only a lunatic would believe that his arms are so short after 1 or even 2 LLs to do arm lengthening.
So forget about it, I don't believe you are insane.

Moon knight

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 06:38:16 PM »

It’s not the arms that are short it’s just smaller ppl tend to have smaller shoulders which make there arms look smaller I’ve seen a post you’ve posted before listing your proportions and you mentioned you have a 182 armspan it won’t be noticeable to the average person but ppl in the LL community will.

And on the your a crazy for wanting arm lengthening no your not lots of ppl on this forum talk about it I’ve seen plenty of posts there are less complications with arm lengthening as many dr’s have stated if you can afford it then do it but I think there are certain limits for arm lengthening for example safe limits might vary depending on what part of the arm you lengthen but for both parts of your arm I’d say around 4 cm for humerus and 3 cm for lower arm and yea don’t worry you can remove scares with either creams or laser treatment although it does cost money so you would need a lot of money for everything you desire.

Also I’m not sure if your muscles are badly affected by arm lengthening but if it’s small amounts like 3-4 cm you muscle should be fine hope I helped.
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe

ShortArm

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 03:07:15 PM »

To be honest:

ShortArm

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 03:43:28 PM »

It’s not the arms that are short it’s just smaller ppl tend to have smaller shoulders which make there arms look smaller I’ve seen a post you’ve posted before listing your proportions and you mentioned you have a 182 armspan it won’t be noticeable to the average person but ppl in the LL community will.

And on the your a crazy for wanting arm lengthening no your not lots of ppl on this forum talk about it I’ve seen plenty of posts there are less complications with arm lengthening as many dr’s have stated if you can afford it then do it but I think there are certain limits for arm lengthening for example safe limits might vary depending on what part of the arm you lengthen but for both parts of your arm I’d say around 4 cm for humerus and 3 cm for lower arm and yea don’t worry you can remove scares with either creams or laser treatment although it does cost money so you would need a lot of money for everything you desire.

Also I’m not sure if your muscles are badly affected by arm lengthening but if it’s small amounts like 3-4 cm you muscle should be fine hope I helped.

I do agree with you with the risks of arm lenghtening. For the doctors i have contacted it seems arm lenghtening would be just slight easier than leg lenghtening. Ofcourse its risky, but comparing the two it would be more secure.

I have been in contact towards: Russia, Italy, USA and South-Africa for my treatment.

Moon knight

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 10:26:37 PM »

I do agree with you with the risks of arm lenghtening. For the doctors i have contacted it seems arm lenghtening would be just slight easier than leg lenghtening. Ofcourse its risky, but comparing the two it would be more secure.

I have been in contact towards: Russia, Italy, USA and South-Africa for my treatment.

from what you have said i am guessing your talking about being in contact with dr's for Arm lengthening?

yea it defiantly is slightly easier to do my only concern with people going for Arm lengthening is that know one really knows the safe amount of lengthening for it what do you think for me i think its like 4 cm.

also what is your thoughts on the whole scars thing i mean if it was that bad couldn't you just get creams or laser surgery to remove them?
It’s not a surgery for the faint hearted if you do it your stronger then you really believe

ShortArm

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 10:47:41 PM »

For me the doc i was in contact with the most says 3-5cm is possible. I do not know for a fact what is safe for best recovery. My guess would be between 3-4cm.

To be homest i am sad about the scars what come with the treatment, but i try to put them into perspective. This might be a part of arm lenghtening. U get some scars. I dont think about getting rid of the scars, because i guess some of it will remain.

My consultation will be later this year so i will maybe have more knowledge later.

Body Builder

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 11:04:33 PM »

Have you done LL short arm? Or you just want to do arm lengthening because you think you have short arms?
If it is the second then insanity has reached another level.

Moon knight

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 01:10:42 AM »

For me the doc i was in contact with the most says 3-5cm is possible. I do not know for a fact what is safe for best recovery. My guess would be between 3-4cm.

To be homest i am sad about the scars what come with the treatment, but i try to put them into perspective. This might be a part of arm lenghtening. U get some scars. I dont think about getting rid of the scars, because i guess some of it will remain.

My consultation will be later this year so i will maybe have more knowledge later.

Would cream or surgery get rid of the scares I mean most ppl who have ll usually get a surgery to get rid of the scares also yea 4 cm per segment is more then likely the safe limit just wondering what that means for muscle growth.

ShortArm

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2018, 01:19:40 PM »

Would cream or surgery get rid of the scares I mean most ppl who have ll usually get a surgery to get rid of the scares also yea 4 cm per segment is more then likely the safe limit just wondering what that means for muscle growth.

I have only read about LL and muscles, but in the end i think it will be similar with arms. I have been intouch with one AL patient and hes story was similar to LL.

More you strech the nerves and mucles more your body has to cope. I am ready to lose some atletic ability, but for me its not a big deal. My shoulders ware broken after i was 14years anyway, so i have not so mutch to lose.

After the accident at 14 my humerus grew really slow and i do have a short humerus both arms.

Moon knight

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2018, 06:48:43 PM »

I have only read about LL and muscles, but in the end i think it will be similar with arms. I have been intouch with one AL patient and hes story was similar to LL.

More you strech the nerves and mucles more your body has to cope. I am ready to lose some atletic ability, but for me its not a big deal. My shoulders ware broken after i was 14years anyway, so i have not so mutch to lose.

After the accident at 14 my humerus grew really slow and i do have a short humerus both arms.

Sorry to hear about that but 4 cm on humerus shouldn’t effect the muscle to much really right?

ShortArm

« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2018, 08:42:15 PM »

Thanks, I do think you should read LL and the few AL diaries found in the old forum and this forum. It is in the end your choise and you should think about your proportions also.

If you ask me purely for my limit, it would be around 3,5cm. I think its a good comprimise. I am not a professional but i am conservative. Better safe than sorry.

ShortArm

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2018, 12:35:45 PM »

This guy had 7cm lenghtening:

ShortArm

« Reply #17 on: January 24, 2018, 12:08:43 PM »

To be honest with you Mcooley: I really have been thinking about the possible scars. Only thing that really popped into my mind was to take a tattoo lover humerus. But the scars in my mind are bit like this: It comes with the treatment. Propably it will take some time to accept it afterwards.

I have never been a showoff person, so i do normally keep longer shirts that cover most of scars. Ofcourse it will make certain things unconfortable. Examples swimming pools, beach ext..but if you dont do that so often?

I do think that both al and ll will be leaving its marks. And i am for sure a guy who is not into tattoos, so this is kind of tradeoff for me. What are your fears and toughts about scars? Or anyone elses in CLL...

myloginacct

« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2018, 01:01:57 PM »

To be honest with you Mcooley: I really have been thinking about the possible scars. Only thing that really popped into my mind was to take a tattoo lover humerus. But the scars in my mind are bit like this: It comes with the treatment. Propably it will take some time to accept it afterwards.

I have never been a showoff person, so i do normally keep longer shirts that cover most of scars. Ofcourse it will make certain things unconfortable. Examples swimming pools, beach ext..but if you dont do that so often?

I do think that both al and ll will be leaving its marks. And i am for sure a guy who is not into tattoos, so this is kind of tradeoff for me. What are your fears and toughts about scars? Or anyone elses in CLL...

Some people did operations to lessen/remove their LL scars in the years afterwards (try looking that up and see if it looks effective enough for you). So I wouldn't worry about that too much if you think lengthening your arm would bring you good peace of mind, and if you are aware of/discussed the risks with your surgeon.

Moon knight

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2018, 03:35:21 PM »

Some people did operations to lessen/remove their LL scars in the years afterwards (try looking that up and see if it looks effective enough for you). So I wouldn't worry about that too much if you think lengthening your arm would bring you good peace of mind, and if you are aware of/discussed the risks with your surgeon.

Yea that’s one thing I heard is that you can get laser treatment to remove scares I personally think that’s the best option if your not a tattoo person as for swimming I don’t think that would be a problem simply because like a cut the first time water hits it it will sting for like a minute but after that you’ll be fine

ShortArm

« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2018, 05:18:41 PM »

Yeah, thanks guys for your toughts. I will check laser treatment for sure.
Pages: [1]   Go Up