Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newbie question: whats difference btw Precice LON LATN ILLIZAROV  (Read 783 times)

jdlulu

• Visitor

Hi, Im new to the forum, and doing my research for my tibia surgery. (I have been dreaming about it for years and been saving for the surgery. Ideally, I want to have my surgery done around May 2018, if everything goes well).
The only thing Im firm with is, I would go for Tibia since my legs are out of proportion compare to my upper body and my tibias are like, short enough to get comments like, "your lower legs looks really short and you look like a smashed tube" from ex and other ppl lol :-\. (Im fully aware the fact that if my tibias are 6cm longer, I would look way more proportional though).
Would someone mind give me some idea what are those techniques (Percice, LON, LATN, ILLIZAROV) and the difference/recommendation based on "lengthening 6cm on tibias "?
I appreciate it very much!

Android

Re: Newbie question: whats difference btw Precice LON LATN ILLIZAROV
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 08:07:32 AM »

Here's a great thread comparing what you listed.

Quick Version: If you've got time and patience, pure externals (Ilizarov) is cheap and safe. LON and LATN will make the process much faster but will cost some more, also increases odds of complications. Precice will be the most comfortable and may promote faster healing, but will cost significantly more.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

jdlulu

• Visitor
Re: Newbie question: whats difference btw Precice LON LATN ILLIZAROV
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 08:35:51 AM »

oh wow, that link you shared me is really helpful! Thanks for helping out!
Pages: [1]   Go Up