Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Choosing India for limb lengthening  (Read 5365 times)

BigTall90

• Visitor
Choosing India for limb lengthening
« on: April 28, 2014, 06:25:57 AM »

Hey guys, I m from Nepal. I am almost done with my research over LL n after considering all the options, n considering my pocket, I have made up my mind for doing ll in India. I have met Dr. Parihar, Dr. Talwar and Dr. Sringari personally. Well Dr. Talwar is an amazing orthopaedician but surprisingly he has done No cosmetic limb lengthening until now
. Dr. Talwar does not do Ilizarov instead he uses monorail on tibia without intramedullary nail , it is very slow process n for a length of 6cm it takes 9-10 months. N thereafter 2-3months for rehabilitation. So I have to think over expenses as I shall live in a Hotel on private basis. So I met Dr. Sringari who is also in Delhi(gurgaon) I met some of his present patients almost all of them are having great results all walking with or without support depending on the stage of recovery. I asked my queries n dr. Sringari replied in good detail. I find it much more convenient that Dr. Sringari offers a complete set up. A care for 3 months with a team of caretakers n the experienced Physiotherapist , dr. Harry(M.P.T) . I met Dr. Harry he explained me the importance of good physiotherapy during LL procedure. N amazingly they offered me a total cost of 13000$ . May be they have some good sentiments for Nepal ;). Anyways I spoke to Dr. Parihar also on telephone I m still a bit confused . What to do ? Can anyone suggest me a bit more? 

BigTall90

• Visitor
Re: Choosing India for limb lengthening
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 06:39:08 AM »

Hey u wonderful people over here. So I can say that I m also one among this aspiring community. I m from Nepal .
My height 162 cm
Wing span 166 cm
Weight 60kg.
I have been reading a lot over LL , finally made up my mind . After the best enquiry at my part , I am considering LL in India. I have travelled n met some prominent doctors there. I m planning to do it in last week of May 2014. I have made up my mind for Dr. Sringari but after reading all that mess in the guest house of Dr. Sringari I m a bit worried. I spoke to Dr. Sringari n his stAff also met some of his LL patients. I shall be thankful if u guys have some info which might be unknown to me.
I shall try to post regularly here. :)
Cheers

crimsontide

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 11:25:03 AM »

i already had my surgery.... but ive contacted a few drs since my surgery, one of them was dr parihar...   he has been so far  the most helpful, by far.... and its not like hes doing it to be nice to me to have surgery with him, i already had surgery....   im very confident that if you went with paihar, your aftercare would be good

maddog

• Visitor
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 11:51:27 AM »

If i were you i wouldn't take chances with Sringari......
Sarin / Sringari both are same "INEXPERIENCED"......
The offer seems little fishy aswell , "dr harry" thats too much lol....
Don't care about the price for you might end up paying extra if something goes wrong dude....
I would without a doubt consider dr parihar , only he seems to be the best option in india right now....
TC

TRS

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2014, 12:07:13 PM »

Well, personally, I would be more inclined towards Dr Parihar as he is a senior member in the ASAMI organisation and is recommended and trained by Dr.Paley. From this information, you can be assured that Dr. Parihar is a qualified LL doctor!
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 12:22:18 PM by TheRisingShorty »

Orlando

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2014, 12:45:46 PM »

Have you read this?

http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=466.0

Go look at Sringari publications, all of them are written on knee replacement and sport injury.    Not one on LL.   He is not trained for LL surgery at all and does it anyway.   Need I say more?

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2014, 06:01:27 PM »

You can also check out another ASAMI member located in Delhi, Dr. Manish Dhawan. I'm going to meet him as well.

http://www.limblengtheningindia.com/

As far as Dr Talwar only doing externals with monorails, all the info I've been given from Rockland has indicated that he will perform LON/LATN as well. I suppose that is something I will have to get clarification on in person, because if he won't do LON/LATN then that's a big miscommunication between Dr Talwar and the hospital.

Sringari has had a scary outcome that was reported. I'd be very weary about going to him.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

crimsontide

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 06:03:49 PM »

kilo, what was the outcome

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 06:07:07 PM »

kilo, what was the outcome

I was just referring to Russianblues' situation with the screw popping out of his leg 4 months post op.
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

BigTall90

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2014, 06:33:30 AM »

Dr. Talwar has not done any cosmetic LL yet. Monorails lengthening requires at least 8-9 months stay n thereafter 2-3 months post monorail removal . Dude, it makes big amount. I know hotels say that cheap cost but in real when u stay there the costs grow to different numbers

Sami

• Visitor
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 06:47:40 AM »

Hey did u did surgery? I am also from Nepal, and intrested in ll surgery. Want to know details

Sami

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 06:48:15 AM »

Hey did u did surgery? I am also from Nepal, and intrested in ll surgery. Want to know details

MirinHeight

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 04:52:20 PM »

go to parihar
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021
Pages: [1]   Go Up