Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How do you pay for this?? Follow up on consult with Dr Rozbruch  (Read 1406 times)

TheLizards

• Visitor
How do you pay for this?? Follow up on consult with Dr Rozbruch
« on: September 08, 2017, 07:20:24 PM »

Hello All,
Posted here a little while ago.

Well I had a consult with Rozbruch to discuss my deformity in my right hand/wrist/radius/ulna. For those of you who didnt read my prior post- I had a surgery on my right ulna at the base of the wrist when I was child to remove a tumor. The ulna is shortened and the radius healed at a bow. Over time, this has impacted my range of motion, given me pain, and prevented me from being able to workout the way I normally do.

After the consult and discussing what he would be able to do, the cost for the two separate surgeries would come to around 40k (doctors fees only).

Assuming there may be an additional 10k factored in between other medical costs, transportation back and forth to NYC, time off work, etc., I'm wondering, how do all of you who have had or are planning to have LL pay for this?

Knik

Re: How do you pay for this?? Follow up on consult with Dr Rozbruch
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 07:44:59 PM »

Most people don't do it
Others make it with cheaper doctors
Others have saved enough and can make loan or they can afford it
but you can check, not many people can go to Guichet or Paley.
Looking for Pili

google42

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 11:02:50 PM »

Hello All,
Posted here a little while ago.

Well I had a consult with Rozbruch to discuss my deformity in my right hand/wrist/radius/ulna. For those of you who didnt read my prior post- I had a surgery on my right ulna at the base of the wrist when I was child to remove a tumor. The ulna is shortened and the radius healed at a bow. Over time, this has impacted my range of motion, given me pain, and prevented me from being able to workout the way I normally do.

After the consult and discussing what he would be able to do, the cost for the two separate surgeries would come to around 40k (doctors fees only).

Assuming there may be an additional 10k factored in between other medical costs, transportation back and forth to NYC, time off work, etc., I'm wondering, how do all of you who have had or are planning to have LL pay for this?
Wouldn't insurance maybe cover this kind of stuff?

Jumbo

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 07:47:31 PM »

Wouldn't insurance maybe cover this kind of stuff?
It definitely should, this surgery wouldn't be cosmetic for OP.
Height: 5'2"
Wingspan: 5'6"

TheLizards

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 10:49:46 PM »

It should, should'nt it. I'm working with them currently, but I'm in the appeal process. Dr. Rozbruch is out of network, and unless he's approved to be covered as an in-network provider, it would be totally out of pocket.

Sarah

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 02:53:47 AM »

your insurance should cover the hospital cost but for the doctor's fee I think you will need to pay some or all of it  out  of pocket but he really is very good surgeon
Pages: [1]   Go Up