Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noises in knee  (Read 2585 times)

Rnidpete

• Visitor
Noises in knee
« on: January 22, 2018, 12:54:10 PM »

Hi guys. I'm new to the forum so be gentle 😉
I have recently 3rd January undergone LL surgery to fit a precise nail to lengthen it using an ERC
I'm up to 12mm and I am getting some serious noises coming from my knee which I'm guessing is the tendon stretching. Has anyone else suffered with this?  It's a bit worrying but if others have had it I will stop worrying 😀 I do not see my surgeon for another 2 weeks so thought someone on here might know the answer. Thanks in advance. Pete

myloginacct

Re: Noises in knee
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2018, 03:50:21 PM »

I think you should call / mail your LL doctor. It may take a while until people here see this thread.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 04:12:48 PM »

Both my knees click snap and pop now since the surgery. This is stuff people neglect to tell you about before undergoing this procedure. Surgeons don’t tell you about it either.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 04:19:49 PM »

I was told by my orthopaedic surgeon that it can be the result of atrophy of the quads which causes the vmo to basically weaken and causes the knee to track improperly. However I’ve done all these vmo exercises since then and it’s made zero difference. Whilst I don’t get knee pain I’m sure this cracking popping and snapping will lead to issues later on

The Dreamer

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 05:09:51 PM »

So the old fashioned pure external tibias still seems to be the safest method for LL
So is this snapping and cracking permanent,will you have to face it for the rest of your life ?
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

Body Builder

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 09:22:26 PM »

So the old fashioned pure external tibias still seems to be the safest method for LL
So is this snapping and cracking permanent,will you have to face it for the rest of your life ?
My knees klick many times and I did externals. And yes it is permanent.

bigdreams55

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 12:55:08 AM »

I'm one month into lengthening with PRECICE and hear clicks and pops in my knee too, but to be fair, I heard clicks and pops too before I had surgery. I dont think this is something to be overly concerned about, unless you have pain.

The Dreamer

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 10:35:34 AM »

I was told by my orthopaedic surgeon that it can be the result of atrophy of the quads which causes the vmo to basically weaken and causes the knee to track improperly. However I’ve done all these vmo exercises since then and it’s made zero difference. Whilst I don’t get knee pain I’m sure this cracking popping and snapping will lead to issues later on
So you were told about this issue after the surgery.It seems it is common for internal femurs
Which issues do you think it will cause in the future ?
●Do LL but do not let it obsess you

myloginacct

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 01:24:43 PM »

So you were told about this issue after the surgery.It seems it is common for internal femurs
Which issues do you think it will cause in the future ?

I'm pretty sure LL guarantees or exponentially increases the chance of early arthritis in the knees and hips as you get older. It's a gamble / cost vs benefit analysis you make with your body.

Bigpoppapump

« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 05:32:09 PM »

I'm pretty sure LL guarantees or exponentially increases the chance of early arthritis in the knees and hips as you get older. It's a gamble / cost vs benefit analysis you make with your body.

I would say this is correct and it increases in chances with the more lengthening you do.

I was told this by an orthopaedic in my home country. It depends where and what you read about the issue of clicking, some online medical websites say it’s not a problem and others say it can lead to problems others say something in the middle.

Android

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 07:14:47 PM »

My knees and ankles naturally pop all the time. Squats, getting up, stretching, etc. I can manually pop my arms by twisting and pop my kneecaps. I used to be able to crack my neck, but no longer after a car accident.

So ask a doc, but it might just be a normal thing with your body change.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Rnidpete

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2018, 12:03:57 AM »

Thanks guys for the input. It appears a lot of you have this cracking noise! Mine is more like something stretching someone said it was my tendons adjusting as my leg gets bigger not sure what to believe I just hope I don't get thrown out the Cinema when I stretch my legs lol it is very audible 😳 Lol

ll.patient

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2022, 06:24:20 PM »

Late reply, but I will do to help other people that will have this problem

This happened with me also, and is passing fast, with less poppings. someone explained that is basically quads atrophied and when start to length it passes

ReadRothbard

« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2022, 06:58:33 PM »

It's typically the result of inflammation, fluid, or a torn ligament, and the former two solve themselves with time.
“If you're afraid - don't do it, - if you're doing it - don't be afraid!” ― Genghis Khan

172 cm in the morning (67.8"); 170 cm (67”) at night; Sitting Height: 96 cm (37.8”); Goal: 184.5 cm (6'0.7"); Ultimate Goal: 192 cm (6’3.5) morning height, 190 cm (6’3) “night” height
Future space tycoon

balme

« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2022, 09:33:20 AM »

Both my knees click snap and pop now since the surgery. This is stuff people neglect to tell you about before undergoing this procedure. Surgeons don’t tell you about it either.
is it still making noises?

balme

« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2022, 09:33:42 AM »

My knees klick many times and I did externals. And yes it is permanent.
is it still happening?

trash bandicoot

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2022, 09:53:04 AM »

I have a torn ligament in my right leg, cracks on that leg occur more commonly and are louder than the other leg.

balme

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2022, 09:58:32 AM »

what did you get?

trash bandicoot

« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2022, 06:06:25 PM »

Internal Femur

boklecrt

« Reply #19 on: August 25, 2022, 12:16:40 AM »

If we are discussing painless popping in knees i personally had them 30 times a day while i was in frames, 5-10 times a day when i removed frames, and now months later i dont have them anymore

that tells me its just a combination of not using your knees to walk, i.e. laying on your ass all day and not doing any normal pre-op weight bearing + a sudden massive weight put on the tibia which now the knee joint feels overwhelmed with

5 cm gained through LON Tibia with Quynh in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam
March 2022
SLAYER
Pages: [1]   Go Up