Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: leg shortening - too tall for a woman  (Read 7865 times)

xenia123

leg shortening - too tall for a woman
« on: January 30, 2018, 09:15:32 AM »

Hello
I'm a girl who's 5'10, with shoes even 5'11. I absolutely hate my height. It's way too tall for a woman.
That's why I wanna do leg shortening.
I know that my body would be somehow disproportionate after shortening my legs. But I'd rather have short legs for a woman than being that tall for the rest of my life.
I'm looking for people who are also interested in this procedure or people who have already done it. Here in this forum I've only found one report (the one of olivetree).

Knik

Re: leg shortening - too tall for a woman
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2018, 12:35:20 PM »

5'10 is short for a woman
Looking for Pili

xenia123

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2018, 01:22:44 PM »

No, that's almost 180cm. That's freakishly tall for a woman. There are almost no women with that height.

tallertree

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2018, 03:12:50 PM »

I dont know what country you live in. But in northern europe you would feel completely normal, although the average is shorter. 

xenia123

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2018, 03:27:09 PM »

I live in Switzerland.
Do you know of anyone who has done leg shortening surgery?

myloginacct

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2018, 03:33:59 PM »

We had some members here who said they'd do it, but they never returned to post if they went through it. Someone else may know of a member I don't know about.

As far as I have read, limb shortening is easier and more complication free than limb lengthening, but do consider if that's what you really want in your life. I wish I knew more about it, but I don't even know what the prices look like.

Body Builder

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2018, 05:43:30 PM »

I live in Switzerland.
Do you know of anyone who has done leg shortening surgery?
Go to a psychologist.
Your height is not bad and many men will find it attractive. It is insane to ruin your legs for no reason.
After all the max you can shorten is about 1.5cm on tibias and 2 on femurs to not completely cripple yourself by loosening your soft tissues so it won't make any major dofference.

Forget about is, so simple.

xenia123

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2018, 06:00:06 PM »

I really think being that tall as a woman is ugly af. I don't primarily think about my dating pool. It's me who thinks tall women are ugly.
I chatted with Dr. Sarin today (or one of his assistants) and he said he can shorten my femur OR tibia by 5cm. If I want 7cm, I'll have to shorten femur & tibia. (If I do it, I'd only do the femur.)
Do you think it will look weird if only my femur is 5 cm shorter?

myloginacct

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 06:17:44 PM »

Sarin is a doctor who doesn't have a good reputation around here. I'd recommend discussing this matter with a good orthopedic surgeon from your country, and finding a better doctor to do the procedure (preferably in Western Europe), if you absolutely can't see yourself living without it. I also agree with Body Builder: try therapy first. I think everyone needs to give therapy a try before they decide on major surgeries like this, be they for lengthening or shortening. You don't want to go through something like this if you could live without it. 

Definitely don't do surgeries like this in the hands of bad doctors in countries with poorer general medical standards.

Masonm101

• Visitor
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 06:24:25 PM »

Find a taller guy you will feel short. A lot of models are your height or taller. I read a post from a girl whose height was 168cm she wanted limb lengthening to become a model.......

Knik

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 08:14:19 PM »

that thread is most likely a troll
and that forum is plenty of troll
5-10 is uncommon -not as 6ft+- and absolutely not "too tall"
Looking for Pili

xenia123

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 08:37:45 PM »

I really want to be shorter. I've felt too tall for more than 10 years now. I AM too tall for a woman.
My wish is no different from wanting to be taller. I'm not happy with my height and I want to fix it.

I know of Dr. Betz in Germany. He's doing leg shortening too, but I guess he's too expensive for me. I don't wanna wait many years for the surgery anymore.

If anyone of you know affordable but still good surgeons who do leg shortening, please tell me.

I reckon that a simple femur reduction of 5cm isn't a very complicated surgery, that's why I thought it hasn't to be a world class surgeon to do that. If you've heard different stories, please let me know. Unfortunately there are not many reports on this type of surgery.

xenia123

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2018, 08:38:53 PM »

that thread is most likely a troll
and that forum is plenty of troll
5-10 is uncommon -not as 6ft+- and absolutely not "too tall"

What?! I'm not a troll. 5'10 is very tall for a woman. Too tall.

KiloKAHN

• Premier Member
  • Digital Devil
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2018, 09:21:31 PM »

While being a tall woman isn't exactly comparable to being a short guy, there are plenty of reasons a woman at 5'10 would want to be shorter, and studies even support that being tall as a woman is less attractive than being short or average height. Plenty of tall girls (like my 5'11 sister) have felt that their height brings them unnecessary attention and makes them feel intimidating to people.

Avoid Sarin for leg shortening though, as even in India he's starting to get attention from other orthopedic surgeons as being a media hungry know-nothing. I'd talk to some doctors in the US first, like Rozbruch or Paley. Other good ones would be Mark Dahl (Saint Paul, MN) and John Herzenberg (Baltimore, MD).
Initial height: 164 cm / ~5'5" (Surgery on 6/25/2014)
Current height: 170 cm / 5'7" (Frames removed 6/29/2015)
External Tibia lengthening performed by Dr Mangal Parihar in Mumbai, India.
My Cosmetic Leg Lengthening Experience

myloginacct

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2018, 11:07:34 PM »

Find a taller guy you will feel short.

She said it doesn't have primarily to do with dating. It's like telling a short guy here to just date a short woman so he feels tall. He'll still keep feeling short in his daily life. While I agree with trying to avoid risky, elective surgeries if you can live without them as a general principle, she may just not want to live her whole life as a tall-ish woman. Like many here don't want to live their whole lives as short-ish men. It's personal. As I consider LL in the future myself, I don't feel I can tell her to just forget about this. However, like with LL, prospective patients should decide on it with a clear mind, and it should be a fully informed decision. Short men and tall women don't need these surgeries just to keep on living and have mostly normal lives, and this is a point I often try to stress here. If they fully understand the risks, consequences, aren't doing this because of a recent bad event (e.g. being dumped or heard mean comments), have tried to get psychological help about it before, and this is something they want for their life, however, then I don't feel like I can't tell them not to.

Body Builder

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2018, 11:34:07 PM »

I really want to be shorter. I've felt too tall for more than 10 years now. I AM too tall for a woman.
My wish is no different from wanting to be taller. I'm not happy with my height and I want to fix it.

I know of Dr. Betz in Germany. He's doing leg shortening too, but I guess he's too expensive for me. I don't wanna wait many years for the surgery anymore.

If anyone of you know affordable but still good surgeons who do leg shortening, please tell me.

I reckon that a simple femur reduction of 5cm isn't a very complicated surgery, that's why I thought it hasn't to be a world class surgeon to do that. If you've heard different stories, please let me know. Unfortunately there are not many reports on this type of surgery.
If you shorten anything more than 2cm your soft tissues will be completely ruined.
My achilles tendon was overlengthened for less than 2cm and I couldn't even stand without feeling unstable, with 5cm I dare if you could even walk.

If Sarin told you that thats another reason why he is called butcher.
If you took it out of your mind I suggest you to come to reality and listen to my words. Leg shortening for your height is insane but even if you do it don't exceed more than 2cm per segment or you'll completely cripple your legs.
The choice is yours.

xenia123

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2018, 11:52:36 PM »

@KiloKAHN: Thanks for your understanding and your recommendations for better surgeons. I'm gonna check them out. I want to avoid Sarin if it's possible.

@myloginacct: THIS

@Body Builder: Thanks for this info. Where do you know from that one shouldn't shorten a bone more than 2cm because of the soft tissue? Did a surgeon tell you that? Won't the soft tissue adapt to the new circumstances? (I believe you, I just wanna see the research.)
Sarin REALLY told me he'd do 5cm on my femurs only  (on whatsapp today) :-\

Auron

« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2018, 12:24:02 AM »

I've found short girls sexy, I've found tall girls sexy. One thing that I don't think that is sexy is a girl that has short legs or/aka short torso.

I've said this before and I will say it again: this surgery, in female's case, is more important if you want to fix your proportions rather than fixing your height. Unless we are talking about a female who is insanely huge my opinion still stands. I've met many 5'10 girls and I do think it's tall(but not too tall) for a girl but even that is debatable. Look at Kate Middleton, Prince William's wife, she is 5'9 and she is not considered tall or at least not too tall (never seen a comment regarding her height tbh).

So you might want to reconsider this. Perhaps something other than your height is troubling you.

myloginacct

« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2018, 01:08:26 AM »

@KiloKAHN: Thanks for your understanding and your recommendations for better surgeons. I'm gonna check them out. I want to avoid Sarin if it's possible.

@Body Builder: Thanks for this info. Where do you know from that one shouldn't shorten a bone more than 2cm because of the soft tissue? Did a surgeon tell you that? Won't the soft tissue adapt to the new circumstances? (I believe you, I just wanna see the research.)

I'm glad you agree, but I also said other things. If you don't know the risks to this surgery (as it seems to be the case), you shouldn't be looking into doing it. You need to try self-acceptance with a mental health professional. If that doesn't work, then you need to schedule an appointment with a good doctor so you can fully inform yourself about the risks and everything else there is to the procedure. Only after having tried solving how you see and feel about yourself, and having fully informed yourself about the procedure and its risks, is that I think height surgery becomes an option. Like someone else implied here, moving to a taller country is another option too.

Android

« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2018, 06:47:09 AM »

I wouldn't spend too much time talking to Dr. Sarin, he'll promise you the moon.

I'd spend that time consulting with surgeons like Dr. Paley and the like who have performed a variety of cases, just to get information at first. See if they'll share any past cases that you can learn from so that you can make an informed decision.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

xenia123

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2018, 09:54:49 AM »

I've been trying to accept my height for more than 10 years now. I can't. I don't think it will ever happen, to be honest.
I already live in a European country with a tall average height.

I've just found out about leg shortening surgery like 2 weeks ago. I'm still collecting information (research papers, reports, surgeons) about the possibilities and risks of such a surgery. That's why I'm in this forum.
It's not that I'm gonna decide on this surgery and a particular surgeon tomorrow ;D
I'm still at the very beginning of my journey.
But still, thanks for your warnings. I'll consider everything very carefully.

Body Builder

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2018, 10:58:53 AM »

Soft tissues can adapt to longer bones by stretching.
But to shorter bones they can't. They stay overstretched and can't function properly.

Search on google to find articles, I tell you what I know from my reading and my experiences.
It is your duty to search and don't listen to butchers who say that they can shorten your bones 5cm (!) without crippling tou completely.

Thatdude950

« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2018, 11:52:51 AM »

I believe you, but you're crazy to consider this especially if the reason is vanity. Have you seen the surgery scars?

xenia123

« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2018, 12:01:47 PM »

Soft tissues can adapt to longer bones by stretching.
But to shorter bones they can't. They stay overstretched and can't function properly.

Search on google to find articles, I tell you what I know from my reading and my experiences.
It is your duty to search and don't listen to butchers who say that they can shorten your bones 5cm (!) without crippling tou completely.

I found a presentation on Femoral Shortening (by the International Center for Limb Lengthening
Rubin Institute of Advanced Orthopaedics Sinai Hospital, Baltimore, MD) and I got these information:

-Indications: Skeletal maturity, LLD = 2 to 6 cm
-Potential advantages vs leg lengthening:
    - Shorter hospitalization
    - Faster mobilization
    - Decreased risk of joint stiffness
    - Faster healing
-Closed Femoral Shortening : Review of Literature
223 patients in 4 studies 1,2,3,5
• Union rate 97.5 – 100%
Most common complications:
• Rotational malunion
• ARDS
• Distraction at osteotomy site
• Delayed union
-Return of Muscle Strength:
      “Long-term loss of muscle force should
be expected after a mid-shaft
shortening of the femur of more than
10%” Holm et al 1994
     “after two years the quadriceps and
hamstrings had recovered to within
93% and 96% of their preoperative
values respectively, a change that was
not statistically significant”

Case Study 2 is a 20y/o female who shortened 4cm. She doesn't seem to have gotten complications.

This doesn't sound that bad to me. Also concerning muscle strength, it looks quite good if you don't shorten more than 10% of your femur length. 5 cm is just about 10% in my case.
But If you have contradictory studies, please show them to me.

paper: https://www.google.ch/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0ahUKEwi25O6vh4LZAhWDUhQKHZEAApgQFggnMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fllrs.org%2FPDFs%2FSpecialty%2520Day%2520Presentations%2F3_14_Specialty_Day%2FHerzenberg%2520FINAL.pdf&usg=AOvVaw1A3qOFbG5Jcvr0zeMB-9BH

xenia123

« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2018, 12:02:25 PM »

I believe you, but you're crazy to consider this especially if the reason is vanity. Have you seen the surgery scars?

Don't we all do it here for vanity?

patientprivacy

« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2018, 12:14:59 PM »

The most beautiful women in earth (Victoria's Secret Angels) are the same height as you.

xenia123

« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2018, 12:36:11 PM »

The most beautiful women in earth (Victoria's Secret Angels) are the same height as you.

Nope, most of them are between 5‘8 and 5‘9.
I‘d be their height if i did LS.

Knik

« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2018, 12:55:44 PM »

and Toni Gaarn who is 181 cm (listed by her agency) is one of the most famous model in the world
the same for Karlie Kloss who is about 6ft/6ft1 (that 6-2 claim is ridiculous)
and L'Wrenn Scott who is 6-3 ?
5-10 is a perfect height, many women would like to be that tall. After I could understand you feel too tall, but actually 5-9 is still tall for a woman. It's a waste of money and dangerous
I don't try to convince you, I don't want to be like all these people against LL. But if you are not a troll, then think carefully

Looking for Pili

xenia123

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2018, 01:01:14 PM »

and Toni Gaarn who is 181 cm (listed by her agency) is one of the most famous model in the world
the same for Karlie Kloss who is about 6ft/6ft1 (that 6-2 claim is ridiculous)
and L'Wrenn Scott who is 6-3 ?
5-10 is a perfect height, many women would like to be that tall. After I could understand you feel too tall, but actually 5-9 is still tall for a woman. It's a waste of money and dangerous

I‘d still be tall, I know, but 5 cm makes a big difference. I‘d go from „too tall“ to just „tall“.

Knik

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2018, 01:03:59 PM »

I‘d still be tall, I know, but 5 cm makes a big difference. I‘d go from „too tall“ to just „tall“.

5-10 is not the too tall area for me

Looking for Pili

patientprivacy

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2018, 02:24:39 PM »

5'8 and 5'9 women are sometimes forgiven their short height in VS catwalk because they have incredibly beautiful faces, but they are considered 'short' for a model. In general terms the industry prefers 5'10 models. 178-180 is the perfect height for a catwalk model, no matter where you go.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up