Limb Lengthening Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 5.5 cms on Femur - My diary  (Read 6111 times)

Tall_11

• Visitor
5.5 cms on Femur - My diary
« on: February 03, 2018, 03:10:37 AM »

Writing this diary to share my limb lengthening experience. I am still clicking and have not yet reached the 5.5cm desired increase. But this whole experience so far has been totally different from what I expected or what people say it is like. Hope this diary will help future lengtheners.

MirinHeight

Re: 5.5 cms on Femur - My diary
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2018, 03:24:34 AM »

whos your surgeon?
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Android

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2018, 04:45:26 AM »

Welcome, but don't leave us hanging because it sounds like you have a lot to share.
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

Zeo

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2018, 08:02:14 AM »

this whole experience so far has been totally different from what I expected or what people say it is like.

I'm also very interested in what you mean by this
I will be grateful for this day. I will be grateful for each day to come.

Tall_11

• Visitor
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2018, 06:19:14 AM »

Hi,

Sorry I could not post earlier. I have gained around 5 cm in both legs and having knee pain and some numbness in my tibias lately. (Even though am doing femurs, I feel the effect of nerve stretching or compression mostly in my tibias). Was taking rest yesterday, hoping my knees to feel better.

I got internal femur surgery done in Dec last year with Dr Sarin & his team in New Delhi. The hospital and transfer from airport was fine. I was admitted a day before for the pre-surgery tests and the surgery was conducted next day early in the morning. Was given local anesthesia and was part asleep, part awake during the surgery. There was a screen where I could see an x-ray imagery of my legs - nails being inserted and finally femurs snap broken into 2. It took around 3-4 hrs before I was shifted out of the OT. Was on epidural post the surgery which caused a feeling of numbness and no sensation in lower half of the body. It did help in reducing the pain but the loss of sensation was making me really restless. I am not sure if it is a standard procedure but was also told not to lift my head or have water post surgery. Basically, I could not move at all.

The doctors visited in the evening and that is when it got a little better. They let me incline the bed, was made to sit and have water. I had never been operated before or had any major accidents in my life. I don't think I realized before this point that no matter how much I had read about the surgery and discussed experiences with other patients, I was not fully prepared for the transition from a normal active life to a handicap version of it. 45 days in, don't think I am still used to it.

I stayed in the hospital for 6 days and then moved into a guest house which is an hr away from the hospital. It was possible to stay in a nicer hotel (lot of them nearby) but there is a dedicated physiotherapist and attendant in the guest house so I chose to stay here instead with other patients. One guy is doing tibias after doing his femurs 2 years back. He gained around 8 cms in femur with absolutely no complications. But everyone has a different body, different experience. I am at 5 and had to stop lengthening couple of times due to pain and muscle spasm. Doctors have been helpful but no one can do much beyond physiotherapy & pain killers.

I am getting another x-ray next week, counting days till then. Keeping this one short, sorry if you find this post broken/little incoherent, will be writing more details shortly.

MirinHeight

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2018, 06:34:02 AM »

Hi,

Sorry I could not post earlier. I have gained around 5 cm in both legs and having knee pain and some numbness in my tibias lately. (Even though am doing femurs, I feel the effect of nerve stretching or compression mostly in my tibias). Was taking rest yesterday, hoping my knees to feel better.

I got internal femur surgery done in Dec last year with Dr Sarin & his team in New Delhi. The hospital and transfer from airport was fine. I was admitted a day before for the pre-surgery tests and the surgery was conducted next day early in the morning. Was given local anesthesia and was part asleep, part awake during the surgery. There was a screen where I could see an x-ray imagery of my legs - nails being inserted and finally femurs snap broken into 2. It took around 3-4 hrs before I was shifted out of the OT. Was on epidural post the surgery which caused a feeling of numbness and no sensation in lower half of the body. It did help in reducing the pain but the loss of sensation was making me really restless. I am not sure if it is a standard procedure but was also told not to lift my head or have water post surgery. Basically, I could not move at all.

The doctors visited in the evening and that is when it got a little better. They let me incline the bed, was made to sit and have water. I had never been operated before or had any major accidents in my life. I don't think I realized before this point that no matter how much I had read about the surgery and discussed experiences with other patients, I was not fully prepared for the transition from a normal active life to a handicap version of it. 45 days in, don't think I am still used to it.

I stayed in the hospital for 6 days and then moved into a guest house which is an hr away from the hospital. It was possible to stay in a nicer hotel (lot of them nearby) but there is a dedicated physiotherapist and attendant in the guest house so I chose to stay here instead with other patients. One guy is doing tibias after doing his femurs 2 years back. He gained around 8 cms in femur with absolutely no complications. But everyone has a different body, different experience. I am at 5 and had to stop lengthening couple of times due to pain and muscle spasm. Doctors have been helpful but no one can do much beyond physiotherapy & pain killers.

I am getting another x-ray next week, counting days till then. Keeping this one short, sorry if you find this post broken/little incoherent, will be writing more details shortly.

I'm sorry to hear you got surgery by Dr. Sarin.
i hope everything turns out right for you, by why tf did you chose sarin
currently 179 cm with a 6'2 wingspan
Goal: 182-183
top 5 LL surgeons: Paley, Rozbruch, Mahboubian,  Donghoon Lee, Giotikas

- planning to have LON tibias with dr donghoon lee in summer 2021

Tall_11

• Visitor
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 05:25:25 PM »

I visited Dr Sarin's guest house before my surgery and met other patients. It all seemed fine to me. Mainly I met this patient who did lengthening in femur and was doing tibias after 1.5 year, he talked about his experience and it seemed without any complications. Hope it works out the same way for me. Getting another x-ray done tomorrow, feeling nervous because I do not want to shift my final surgery date due to low lengthening. Will post after my visit tomorrow.

doomsday

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2018, 08:16:38 PM »

What is the nail he used on you?

myloginacct

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2018, 03:27:49 AM »

I hope you are alright... For anyone reading this in the future: Sarin is "most likely" a bad doctor, according to all evidence I've/we've seen over the years, and also "allegedly" because of all the scandals. I couldn't personally tell anyone, having never been under his knife, etc.

EDIT: Typos.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2018, 03:55:07 AM by myloginacct »

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2018, 06:12:05 AM »

I hope you are alright... For anyone reading this in the future: Sarin is "most likely" a bad doctor, according to all evidence I've/we've seen over the years, and also "allegedly" because of all the scandals. I couldn't personally tell anyone, having never been under his knife, etc.

EDIT: Typos.

agree, i hope this guy is fine and Sarin dit not cripple him already

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2018, 12:08:11 AM »

I visited Dr Sarin's guest house before my surgery and met other patients. It all seemed fine to me. Mainly I met this patient who did lengthening in femur and was doing tibias after 1.5 year, he talked about his experience and it seemed without any complications. Hope it works out the same way for me. Getting another x-ray done tomorrow, feeling nervous because I do not want to shift my final surgery date due to low lengthening. Will post after my visit tomorrow.

dude, plz post, we hope you are fine and not crippled or amputated.

Tall_11

• Visitor
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2018, 03:25:28 AM »

Total 5 months down, 3 months since I stopped lengthening, can't even think of walking right now. Not sure if it is normal.

Constantine

« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2018, 08:08:09 PM »

Total 5 months down, 3 months since I stopped lengthening, can't even think of walking right now. Not sure if it is normal.
Hello,
Not walking at all or not walking with crutches ?
Wish you all the best for your recovery .

Regards

C

Tall_11

• Visitor
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2018, 07:59:05 PM »

Not walking at all. My nail retracted by a few mm, at 5 cm now.
3 months down, no callus union in left leg. Does it normally take that long?

Constantine

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2018, 08:10:30 PM »

No callus at all? Can you show your X-rays ?

Body Builder

« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 12:11:17 AM »

No it doesnt.
3 months till you stoped lengthening for 5 cm means that you should have walked unaided right now.

It seems that Sarin fked it up again.

lemonade311

• fk genetics.
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 10:21:09 AM »

The fact that people still go to Sarin after reading stuff about him on this forum is insane. If it was a choice between Sarin and no CLL I would choose no CLL.
Current: 171 cm
Goal: 178-179cm to cm

Internal femurs only using Precise Stryde at Dr. Paley institute in 2019.

Tall_11

• Visitor
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2018, 06:09:20 AM »

When I try to upload the xray image (~150kb), it says the upload folder is full. Not sure what to do?

There has not been any callus growth over last 1 month. Dr Sarin doesn't reply to my messages anymore. The post-op care has been non-existent. There are a lot of other issues too.

Android

« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2018, 06:37:05 AM »

When I try to upload the xray image (~150kb), it says the upload folder is full. Not sure what to do?

I recommend that you upload your images to imgur.com.

Here's a guide:
http://www.limblengtheningforum.com/index.php?topic=2183.0
5'4" and 1/4" (163.2 cm) | United States | early 30s | Cross-lengthening with Dr. Solomin & Dr. Kulesh

4cms

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2018, 09:16:49 AM »

Any updates???  Why have you disappeared ?
Are you still I'm the guest house?

4cms

« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2018, 02:04:34 PM »

No it doesnt.
3 months till you stoped lengthening for 5 cm means that you should have walked unaided right now.

It seems that Sarin fked it up again.

Why did he not want me to ask sarin if he was going to fix his complications ?
I asked Tall_11 if he wanted me to talk to sarin since I am going there for a consult soon and he didn't even want to give his first name so I could ask sarin if he's going to fix his complications , that's too suspicious. If he truly was suffering these sort of complications he would be all over this forum complaining.
I could be wrong but under what circumstance would someone in this situation decline help if he was genuine?
He could if atleast said sarin was fixing him or another doctor is helping him. So it makes it highly suspicious.

Tall_11

• Visitor
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2018, 11:57:55 AM »

11 months but still not complete union in left leg. I knew from the first day that there was something wrong because my left leg pained a lot more after the surgery. But he did not take my complaints seriously. He does not reply properly to messages, calls, and neither has he given any recommendations to help fix my leg (other than having calcium tablets). I no longer stay in the guest house, had vacated that after 2 months.

I do not want to give personal details because of the risk of pissing him off and stopping help altogether.

Last, I did not consult any other doctor so far but I am getting another x-ray in a week. I have waited long enough, 11 months, because he said it is a delayed union. I will share the x-ray with you next Thu.

TinyTL

« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2018, 02:33:49 PM »

11 months but still not complete union in left leg. I knew from the first day that there was something wrong because my left leg pained a lot more after the surgery. But he did not take my complaints seriously. He does not reply properly to messages, calls, and neither has he given any recommendations to help fix my leg (other than having calcium tablets). I no longer stay in the guest house, had vacated that after 2 months.

I do not want to give personal details because of the risk of pissing him off and stopping help altogether.

Last, I did not consult any other doctor so far but I am getting another x-ray in a week. I have waited long enough, 11 months, because he said it is a delayed union. I will share the x-ray with you next Thu.

I have been yelling and screaming on this forum for a while, stay away from  ty doctors in india. They are all fking  ehawks. Sarin, Parihar, Sringari +++

4cms

« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2018, 03:22:06 PM »

Can you atleast walk now ?
Also incomplete union is different to non union.
Could it be that the left leg is just consolidating slower?
I asked ji jo the surgical assistant and if you have his whats app he told me to tell you to send your latest xray to him. Not trying to blame you or anything but why did you leave before you had union on your left leg? Or before you could walk a little?
I ll pm you his number bro.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 04:20:00 PM by 4cms »

TinyTL

« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2018, 04:02:42 PM »

Was given local anesthesia and was part asleep, part awake during the surgery. There was a screen where I could see an x-ray imagery of my legs - nails being inserted and finally femurs snap broken into 2. It took around 3-4 hrs before I was shifted out of the OT. Was on epidural post the surgery which caused a feeling of numbness and no sensation in lower half of the body.

Ok i just re-read this thread to understand and this part upset me. WTF?
you were awake during nail insertion?? is this normal, I dont think I have seen any other diaries like this.
Isnt local anesthesia for quick small surgeries and not for major like this?
Pages: [1]   Go Up